Subject: "Harbinger Deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70471
Show all folders

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 04:05 PM

#70471, "Harbinger Deleted"

Well…I suppose I should first say: I’m sorry everyone. I really am. I know this deletion is rather premature, and I had plenty of life to go(ie all my con, literally ). –and imperials I logged on to delete, but decided to get the scales on more time with…nothing to do with you guys

This character was a comeback character—I have played one other character in the last two years(and he didn’t even make it to hero). And so…I have learned a lot(or rather relearned a lot). It was my first leader, first druid, first neutral hero. But, I never got the hang of the druid class. I didn’t find playing one fun at all, and I don’t think I’ll ever play another one again. And so when it became obvious I wasn’t going to get enough enjoyment out of playing the character, I decided it was time to delete.

Anyway thank you Baerinika for making my empowerment rather easy—and for the titles(I assume you gave me the torrent of courage one too). I know I may have annoyed you a bit, but I do thank you for all the time and goodies you gave me. I’m sorry I deleted a tattooed priest :<

Lyristeon—well thank you for giving me harbinger, even though I’m fairly sure I didn’t deserve it. I’m a mediocre player at best, and I thought for sure Nam would get it, until you said you were watching me, which shocked me. But whatever, you must have saw something. Again thank you for it, even though I didn’t do much with it. And to make your life easier, pick Nam for the next harbinger

Everyone else…well I don’t really feel like going through good byes. Feel free to say something and I will reply(probably)—Oh and if you heard me mentioning headaches the last week, well I have been sick off and on since Sunday, so sorry for not being as happy or fun as usual

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Lame!!, Karjiin (Guest), 04-Aug-08 02:27 PM, #20
Reply Boo!, Baerinika, 04-Aug-08 11:58 AM, #19
Reply RE: Boo!, Aiyanna (Guest), 05-Aug-08 07:58 PM, #22
     Reply Not to ruin the party, but there was some svirf rager c..., shamanman, 06-Aug-08 06:59 AM, #23
          Reply This is incorrect nt, Baerinika, 06-Aug-08 08:56 AM, #24
               Reply Ah...my bad...stxt, shamanman, 06-Aug-08 09:29 AM, #25
                    Reply He was going to..., Baerinika, 06-Aug-08 09:37 AM, #26
Reply Good Char...smtxt, Krugan (Guest), 03-Aug-08 06:46 PM, #17
Reply RE: Good Char...smtxt, Aiyanna (Guest), 03-Aug-08 09:43 PM, #18
Reply Blah, Liluthiyan (Guest), 03-Aug-08 12:56 AM, #13
Reply RE: Blah, Aiyanna (Guest), 03-Aug-08 04:18 PM, #14
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Cormindon (Guest), 02-Aug-08 11:34 PM, #12
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Aiyanna (Guest), 03-Aug-08 04:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Temph (Guest), 02-Aug-08 11:06 PM, #11
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Aiyanna (Guest), 03-Aug-08 04:25 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Temph (Guest), 04-Aug-08 03:15 PM, #21
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Tubnic (Guest), 02-Aug-08 09:04 PM, #5
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 09:56 PM, #8
Reply this make me sad..., Namanrin (Guest), 02-Aug-08 08:56 PM, #4
Reply RE: this make me sad..., Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 09:59 PM, #9
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Isildur, 02-Aug-08 06:43 PM, #3
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 10:11 PM, #10
Reply There goes the endless supply of hickory nuts., Ryasyn (Guest), 02-Aug-08 06:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: There goes the endless supply of hickory nuts., Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 09:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Jayundar (Guest), 02-Aug-08 04:55 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Harbinger Deleted, Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 09:50 PM, #6

Karjiin (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-08 02:27 PM

#70527, "Lame!!"
In response to Reply #0

What is it with you harbringers? I swear in the last month there have been like 4 new harbringers.. It's like some sort of curse or something.. Oh well.. I thought you were a competent player even if you weren't the most powerful of all.. It really is a shame to lose a competent member of the tree, seeing as there are less and less that I see around. However, it is what it is. Good luck IRL and in game. Peace.

-Karjiin Darkfeather

BaerinikaMon 04-Aug-08 11:58 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70525, "Boo!"
In response to Reply #0

I have to admit, I'm really disappointed to see this. I thought you'd be more of a long term char, which is why I was voting for you to get Harbinger. You were my first/only neutral tatooee, did you know that?? All in all, I liked this character, it was obvious that you really put a lot of thought into the RP and really cared about making sure what you were doing was the right way of things. It took you a bit to get, I think, that Baer's reasonably easy going about that stuff, just so long as you're trying. You got a little too tongue tied around me, there were times that I was thinking, Just spit it out!!! but of course Baer can't say that. I thought it was funny when you were like..yes, I babble.

Good luck on your next, hope to see you around either of my shrines again.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

Aiyanna (Guest)Tue 05-Aug-08 07:58 PM

#70547, "RE: Boo!"
In response to Reply #19

Figured I was your only neutral tattooed(I even thought I could be the first neutral empoweree, but guess not ) I wanted to hold out longer, and if I was a healer I certainly would have. But by level 40, I wasn't even sure of this druid class. I thought hero would become better, but it wasnt.

As far as being tongue tied, I never know what to say to immortals(and yes I have had tattoos before). I just go hmm, err...hi? Maybe I'll get better at that, at least eventually. I will eventually come back to one of your religions(probably).

shamanmanWed 06-Aug-08 06:59 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70552, "Not to ruin the party, but there was some svirf rager c..."
In response to Reply #22

f

BaerinikaWed 06-Aug-08 08:56 AM
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70554, "This is incorrect nt"
In response to Reply #23

I know who I've tattoo'd.

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy

shamanmanWed 06-Aug-08 09:29 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70555, "Ah...my bad...stxt"
In response to Reply #24

Sorry. I was reading PBFs too fast. I thought Yevandr had yours. Whoops.

BaerinikaWed 06-Aug-08 09:37 AM
338 posts
#70556, "He was going to..."
In response to Reply #25

But then he stopped coming to the shrine and seemed like he didn't want it anymore. Since it's sort of got a downside if you're neutral, I didn't press the issue.

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy

Krugan (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 06:46 PM

#70511, "Good Char...smtxt"
In response to Reply #0

Well played from what I saw. I am a big fan of the druid class and was a little envious about the fun you had ahead. Don't give up on the class as it really has a learning curve. I don't think I did decently until the second one I played. I enjoyed what limited interactions we had and was excitied about having you blow up my gear latter on trying to turn it to wood. Mind sharing your feelings about the Cabal as a whole? Good luck with your next and I'll see you in the fields.

Aiyanna (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 09:43 PM

#70512, "RE: Good Char...smtxt"
In response to Reply #17

Heh, I love the outlander cabal as a whole...its not like this is my first outtie I'm a serial outtie player. Pretty much I do two outlanders for every non outlander character I play...though I usually play only goodies. And outlander, well there is always some issues, but is more or less the cabal I used to love.

Well I spent near 190 hours with Aiyanna learning her...and I didnt like it. I noticed there was a curve, but I know I would always be frail...I would be what I call a glass cannon. I'm not fond of glass cannons in any game. Maybe I'll try another druid...in five years, but for now I'm going back to my shifters/healers/paladins

Liluthiyan (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 12:56 AM

#70498, "Blah"
In response to Reply #0

I very much enjoyed your "interrogation"

Glad you were able to get back into the swing of things, sorry you deleted so soon. Should have tried taking a few days off, perhaps. I was looking forward to having what seemed by all accounts a competent Harbinger druid to fight alongside.

Good luck with your next and I'll echo Namanrin: come back to the Tree!

Aiyanna (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 04:18 PM

#70508, "RE: Blah"
In response to Reply #13

As far as taking a few days off...well I was contemplating deleting on wednesday...so I spent a lot more time on my lowbie to cool off and to see whether or not because I got full looted or I just don't like the druid class. It really is just because I don't like the druid class...ah well things happen.

Thanks for saying I'm competent...I thought I was barely adequate, heh. You seemed competent, as well...though I didn't get to see you too often after the "interrogation." Wish there were more of those, to be honest. Oh well, it was short. We will likely see each other in the game in some form or fashion.

As far as coming back to Outlander, trust me when I say I will...just not on my next incarnation :< sorry.

Cormindon (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 11:34 PM

#70495, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Main three things to say:
Sad to see you go.
I really liked your character.
Hope we interact again sometime.

Also, Im sorry you didnt like the druid class.
I hope you find one that you do like.
Good luck with the next.

Aiyanna (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 04:22 PM

#70509, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #12

Thanks, I liked Cormindon for the most part. Thanks for dragging me along ranking in the lowbie ranks. Made my life much easier even though I had to get an argument with Ixilth about it. Ah well, I stopped grouping with you after I became an outlander(which probably makes sense).

I know you tried to get me into the light side of things. I seriously contemplated(for like an hour) it, because roleplaying wise it would work...but decided meh, being neutral is the way to stay. And I think you sensed that contemplation and tried to push me that way. It wasn't going to happen. And we will interact again sometime, especially if you stick around for a while

Temph (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 11:06 PM

#70494, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #0

What the crap, everyone is up and deleting lately, I think you did pretty damn good for making a comeback char and having to relearn it all.

Aiyanna (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 04:25 PM

#70510, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #11

Heh, thanks. I never was that good to begin with, so I guess I didn't really lose much being gone(well rather I relearned everything so quick, no one noticed). It was the druid class that screwed with me(should have come back as a healer, I'm good with those). Umm, didn't see you too much, since I ranked past you. Seem like you put in effort, so thats good Other than that, didn't really talk too much, but I'm going to assume you are doing well, what with the being uninducted and reinducted(I got that right, right?).

Temph (Guest)Mon 04-Aug-08 03:15 PM

#70529, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #16

Yea something like that and yea it's goin good

Tubnic (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 09:04 PM

#70486, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #0

You were pretty cool to go rank with and talk with early on, and our little chats every so often were pretty good. Hope you find something you enjoy for your next character and good luck!

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 09:56 PM

#70490, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #5

We should have ranked more Tubby Aiyanna didn't like some of the things you said about opening portals and stuff, but I didn't want to just kill a poor gnome herald, hah. At least you weren't a conjurer. But it was fun, anyway. I'm glad you got out of hell...moment I figured out that negotiating with a minotaur was the only way of getting you out...well I couldn't do anything about it.

Namanrin (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 08:56 PM

#70485, "this make me sad..."
In response to Reply #0

really sad to see you go... will speak of it more when Nam dies... but I thought very well char all around..

good luck with next...
make another comeback char! (outlander!)

Nam

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 09:59 PM

#70491, "RE: this make me sad..."
In response to Reply #4

Sorry my next character is not going to be an outlander...though since I love outlander so much...I will likely have another outlander(or 10!) sooner or later.

I liked Nam, for the most part. Thanks for helping me rank and everything, made my druid life much easier. I really thought you were going to get harbinger. Big mean ranger thats been around forever? Pfft I shouldn't have a chance. I thought it was because you were about to age die(and hence I kept asking how old you were)...but you weren't...so who knows?

IsildurSat 02-Aug-08 06:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#70481, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #0

What did you not like about druids? Having to live by the moon? I've never played one before, but recently I've been contemplating giving one a try.

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 10:11 PM

#70492, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #3

Well..mainly I didn't like being so frail. Most people were smart enough not to use metal weapons on you and just pound you with a wooden mace(or whatever). Shield+Stone skin only helped a bit. Though, just so you know, I am used to defense shifters and healers, so this can color my perceptions. You do pump out damage(sometimes), and thornheart/spores were good at getting people to leave.

I also didn't care for the herbalforage thing. It felt like prepping except I had to do it every 90 ticks or so(I know, I know, it could be worse). The worse thing in my eyes is that if I wanted a set of protective herbs...well chances are it was very difficult to get all five protective. You are bound to get some utility herbs(which make me sad :<.

I also didn't like having spell damage very variable. A thorn can do an Dismember one hit...and the next do an Annihilate. Some people might actually like this, though, since it might convince someone to stay longer than they should. I just would rather have...a nice average demo/devastate(or whatever would be average). I am not a gambling type of person.

The moon cycles were a bit tedious, but they weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Of course I was always praying that it was full moon when I logged on. Unfortunately, even people who never fought you, tended to hide in cities to avoid you during a full moon. I guess I can't blame them...a decent druid would decimate a lot of folks. I'm just not that decent.

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the druid as a class--its just requires a lot of hit and run tactics(or two sunrays on a duergar...sorry duergars).

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 06:37 PM

#70479, "There goes the endless supply of hickory nuts."
In response to Reply #0

That's not cool! I wanted to go back to Organia and actually kill some stuff this time.

Anyway, thanks for showing me the Vaults and Organia, they were my first time ever seeing them. Was fun.

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 09:54 PM

#70489, "RE: There goes the endless supply of hickory nuts."
In response to Reply #2

It wasn't a problem showing you those places...I was bored and itching to mob die(hence we tried to go back to Thar-Acacia...twice). It was fun, hopefully you learned something. I know I relearned how to run through these places.

I liked you, even though you were just a loud mouthed herald. Anyway keep having fun, and don't get yourself killed too often. We are likely to meet again in some form or fashion.

Jayundar (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 04:55 PM

#70474, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't see or interact with you all that much, but I liked everything, especially that you didn't bend your ideals when faced with my point of view as an applicant.

Thanks for helping me hero, and feel better--good luck with your next!

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 09:50 PM

#70488, "RE: Harbinger Deleted"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, I wish we did more together--sorry about getting you killed in Trothon. I probably shouldnt have done at level 42(what was I thinking!?). But at least the oxp got you a level.

In terms of not beind my ideals: I followed Baerinika under sphere courage. Standing up for your convictions and not bending just because its easier. Glad you think I did well with not bending. That means I was doing what I was supposed to do.

For what its worth, I thought you played a well roleplayed evil outlander, and you seemed competant enough(at least more so than I).

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70471 Previous topic | Next topic