Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the Unse..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70463
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 02-Aug-08 02:56 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70463, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the Unseen, Enforcer of Dagdan"

Sat Aug 2 14:55:26 2008

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Vylim perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:78

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well damn, Llondolis (Guest), 03-Aug-08 03:18 PM, #7
Reply I KNEW IT WAS YOU!, Kernagor (Guest), 02-Aug-08 11:38 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the ..., Aiyanna (Guest), 02-Aug-08 04:08 PM, #3
Reply No prob, #### happens. =P n./t, Lhydia, 02-Aug-08 04:11 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the ..., Etielise (Guest), 02-Aug-08 03:08 PM, #1
     Reply Was just checking out some edges.., Lhydia, 02-Aug-08 03:47 PM, #2
          Reply Dammit! txt..., Kreo (Guest), 03-Aug-08 01:53 AM, #6

Llondolis (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 03:18 PM

#70504, "Well damn"
In response to Reply #0

It sucks that you're gone. You were one of only 2 real buddies IC. We ranked up from like lvl 10 together or something.

I can't say I'm too surprised though. You seemed to have a rough time once hitting hero. I was hoping you'd stick it out, but I can't blame ya. Once it stops being fun, it stops being fun.

I'm still curious what that whole magic path thing was all about...

Kernagor (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 11:38 PM

#70496, "I KNEW IT WAS YOU!"
In response to Reply #0

Knew it knew it knew it

You played Brinton, didn't you?

I'll expand a little more on that in my goodbyes

And you're probably right that hero is no place for a thug thief, even one as ridiculously geared out as you. With people like Kharnial and Waris and the the two liches running around... it probably isn't much of a place for anyone who wants to win solo fights

You were cool, though. Except for that whole road rally thing (you bastard). Kern really liked you, and I'm sad to see another of his friends go. See you in the fields again, eh?

Aiyanna (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 04:08 PM

#70472, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm really sorry I killed you--I saw you with the imperial and invoker smacking the huntress. It never even occured to me that you were hunting them. So I freaked out a bit thinking it was three on one. With you sending me tells, when I'm in defending mode I don't pay attention, heh--my fault. It was really crappy that the game crashed right after you died. I tried to get your forgiveness but gave up after a while.

LhydiaSat 02-Aug-08 04:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70473, "No prob, #### happens. =P n./t"
In response to Reply #3

gr

Etielise (Guest)Sat 02-Aug-08 03:08 PM

#70465, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vylim Hawkeye the Hand of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww. Why?

LhydiaSat 02-Aug-08 03:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#70469, "Was just checking out some edges.."
In response to Reply #1

Really had fun for a bit, then I heroed and realized that hero range is no place for a thug thief anymore. Maybe playing Iltch spoiled me, but I just couldn't stand not being able to kill ANYONE alone. It seemed like if I wanted to get a single kill I was forced to gang. Even my precious earthbind source now requires ganging. I'm not sure if it's the dex changes or what, but even with a sweet set towards the end there I couldn't compete 1 v 1, even through perma trip lag. Now, I also blew through the ranks, didn't practice skills, didn't prep at all, etc, but I'm not playing anymore thug thieves to hero.

New stuff was sweet though, good job with that, I was awesomely surprised, I really liked the first few skills, the last one I took really just reminded me of the effectivess of poisondart skills for assassins, but I never practiced or tested those extensively either. Hoarders dream.

Like I was saying though, thief edges for thugs are cool, enjoyed the experience, I just heroed, saw that now was a good time to play hero but I'd rather play something that I could compete with, so I'm doing that instead of being just another ganging goodie.

Good job with Heralds though, they're doing pretty damn awesome right now. I really loved that road rally event, that was probably the highlight of this character. Go Herald. Cheat for the win! And that acting event was totally rigged.

Kreo (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-08 01:53 AM

#70499, "Dammit! txt..."
In response to Reply #2

I was really looking forward to fighting you again. Was really pissed that I totally missjudged how things when that pally was healing you. Enjoyed talking with you, and you really was a good sport when you did kill me that time. I was so pissed at myself. Ooh, I can't believe you let me keep the cube of force! That felt insane as I sold it for like 500-600 gold not long after. heh

Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70463 Previous topic | Next topic