Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Cyles the Elder Thief, Shadow Dwelle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70285
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 26-Jul-08 02:28 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70285, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Cyles the Elder Thief, Shadow Dweller"

Sat Jul 26 02:26:51 2008

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Cyles perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:30
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:30

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Cyles the Elder Thief, Shadow Dw..., Volubryotr (Guest), 26-Jul-08 02:38 PM, #8
Reply Deleted with feedback, Torak, 26-Jul-08 03:09 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Deleted with feedback, Isildur, 26-Jul-08 08:50 AM, #2
     Reply I disagree, Twist, 26-Jul-08 11:04 AM, #6
          Reply RE: I disagree, Isildur, 26-Jul-08 11:38 AM, #7
          Reply For me, Kadsies (Guest), 27-Jul-08 08:52 AM, #9
          Reply Good point..., Twist, 27-Jul-08 10:27 AM, #10
          Reply On that note..., Torak, 27-Jul-08 01:37 PM, #11
          Reply I mostly agree with this post. NT, DaBull (Guest), 27-Jul-08 04:16 PM, #12
          Reply RE: I disagree, That guy (Guest), 29-Jul-08 12:13 PM, #13
     Reply It IS doable! (This is for Torak and Lightmage mostly!), Abernytee (Guest), 26-Jul-08 08:50 AM, #3
          Reply 4 more weeks to go! n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 26-Jul-08 08:53 AM, #4
          Reply Thanks for the tip! My wife and I have about 2 months l..., Kreo (Guest), 26-Jul-08 09:02 AM, #5

Volubryotr (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-08 02:38 PM

#70294, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Cyles the Elder Thief, Shadow Dw..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww man, I was really hoping for a chance to get that skin back
you took. Hehe. That was a religious gift. You bastard. j/k
Nice work with you and the fire giant though. I wasn't expecting him right then. A big ol' "Oh no!" moment for me.

As for a new kid I have one phrase for ya:
Tag-team sleeping

Good luck. and 'grats

TorakSat 26-Jul-08 03:09 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70286, "Deleted with feedback"
In response to Reply #0

Read the Gameplay forum, not much to really say beyond two quick things...

-Sorry Beroxxus, I really had hopes for the class but after awhile...it just didn't mesh. Best I could do would be to steal everything from someone after I knocked them out, which any thief could do - had higher hopes for emetic poison but it just wouldn't work well enough with a mix-path thief.

-To all the Imperials that tried to charge me 20-50 gold for the Bloodoath, you need to get your priorities straight. 90% of the time there was 0-2 Imperials on and the Codex was never around - it definitely wasn't a strong time for Empire. When the Empire is hurting, the bloodoath shouldn't cost anyone anything....I had 125 gold to donate but I wasn't going to pay any of you a dime to get in. I can understand shoving the oath down on people by threats/killing, but not a willing person and saying "sorry, you have to pay the toll". It's a dumb thing that got started (like library reading for villagers)...

Beyond that, it was fun to get back into the game albeit it probably won't last since my wife is due here in a few days with our first. We'll see though, maybe I'll pull an Abernyte

IsildurSat 26-Jul-08 08:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70287, "RE: Deleted with feedback"
In response to Reply #1

You taking the Oath is worth more to you than it is to an arbitrary Imperial.

If I ask for gold and you agree, the result is "you're in empire and I have some gold."

If I ask for gold and you disagree, there are two possibilities. First, you find some other Imperial who'll induct you for free. In that case, I'm not any worse off because I asked for gold; you still joined the cabal. Alternately, you could just say screw it and never take the Oath. In that case, you're probably not the sort of person I would want as a cabal mate anyway.

So there doesn't seem to be a big down-side to asking for gold.

TwistSat 26-Jul-08 11:04 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#70291, "I disagree"
In response to Reply #2

I've always felt like offering the Oath should sorta be a requirement for any Citizen, especially if someone is willing to offer it. The goal of Empire is world domination and subjugation of all Theran citizens. This is best accomplished by someone who is willing to serve the Empire.

Does this mean there's no viable roleplay reason to be the guy who asks for gold from Oaths? No. But if I was, say, one of the Council, and heard of a Citizen in my sect who was doing it, I'd likely demote them for not making the Empire stronger when the opportunity presented itself.

IsildurSat 26-Jul-08 11:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#70292, "RE: I disagree"
In response to Reply #6

I can see that. If I knew my Sect leader had that sort of policy, then yeah, I would probably offer the Oath for free. The potential profit isn't worth the risk of a demotion.

But if I was pretty sure my Sect leader didn't have that policy, or if I had no sect leader...or one who rarely logged on...then I might ask the would-be Oath to pay me. Esp. if I think the guy is likely to do it.

Kadsies (Guest)Sun 27-Jul-08 08:52 AM

#70306, "For me"
In response to Reply #6

Its always been if the oath is going to be a member of your sect then it is free. If you start giving out oaths to other sects willy nilly then you are actually strengthening other sects.

TwistSun 27-Jul-08 10:27 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#70309, "Good point..."
In response to Reply #9

And my only recent Imperial was Blade, so I wasn't so much worried about strengthening other Sects, as Blade was so far and away more powerful than the others.

I wanted allies and/or lowbie retrievers, dammit.

BUT if an advancement was going to cost *me* gold, I always tried to get that gold from the person I was going to advance.

TorakSun 27-Jul-08 01:37 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70312, "On that note..."
In response to Reply #10

...I had even Shadow members requiring gold, not just other sects. I don't ever see charging the same Sect members unless I had big problems with them. With most of the time there being no imperials, you would figure that even a Blade/Black/Divine would want a set of eyes from a Shadow. It roughly took me 20 hours to get the Oath from someone who wouldn't charge me, then they even said "if people ask, I charged you 40 gold". Just seems like a bunch of crap to me.

DaBull (Guest)Sun 27-Jul-08 04:16 PM

#70316, "I mostly agree with this post. NT"
In response to Reply #9

NT

That guy (Guest)Tue 29-Jul-08 12:13 PM

#70344, "RE: I disagree"
In response to Reply #6

"I've always felt like offering the Oath should sorta be a requirement for any Citizen, especially if someone is willing to offer it."

Leaders have been anathema'd for not giving the oath freely. Yay for consistency?

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-08 08:50 AM

#70288, "It IS doable! (This is for Torak and Lightmage mostly!)"
In response to Reply #1

The first two weeks 'The Baby-moon' is fine because your wife is tired and the baby is tired so both sleep a lot. After two weeks it gets more tricky but late nights is best. If your wife is breast feeding or not, offer to do the last feed of the night at about 11pm with the bottle. Wife goes to bed with baby after feeding at about 8 and you have until 11 (with any luck) and then feed baby and have another hour or so before heading to bed. You get brownie points for giving the wife a rest, and a longer sleep than 3 hrs and you get to Mud!

It's all good.

-----Abernyte

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-08 08:53 AM

#70289, "4 more weeks to go! n/t"
In response to Reply #3

n/t

Kreo (Guest)Sat 26-Jul-08 09:02 AM

#70290, "Thanks for the tip! My wife and I have about 2 months l..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70285 Previous topic | Next topic