Subject: "Goodbyes, and such and so forth." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70124
Show all folders

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 01:04 AM

#70124, "Goodbyes, and such and so forth."

Ixilth was a charachter I deleted about an hour after I got the alligator, it was just so slow, and the first ten or so fights with it I got pwned by a wide range of race/class combos. Then I found out why, the gator cant learn second attack . So I spent probably twenty RL hours out of form hacking on the globe in the Ruins in the Deep, finally managed to get second attack to 90% and the rest is as they say history. I had alot of fun with Ixilth as an Outlander, and I am sure I will receive some of the ol' sphere murder gnome tirade. I ask only this, any charachter who isnt a known enemy of the Refuge, or a Villager, who I ever attacked, please post. I am really crappy at the RP aspect of CF, if by RP you mean all the emotes and what not, I just cant get into it like some people. But Ix was all about the Outlanders, the Ancients, and destroying civilization as a whole, and I hope that did come through in his actions. For all of you who whined and moaned about the flyto/murders, ask yourself this, did I whine and moan when daggers specs hamstring/fled, artery/fled, and so on, its the tactic of an air shifter to flyto/murder, no different than anyone else using the tactic best suited for them to win a fight. Anyway, I had a blast, just wish I could have seen some Imm love, I really, really wanted a quest form with this guy, and though the RP I am sure wasnt top notch, the devotion to the cabal was and I really felt slighted that I received NO Immteraction at all other than winning an Imp quest which was for everyone. I will say this, only once in Ix's entire life did we lose the fetish while I was awake, and that was to a Scion army of Igbah, Luvren, Kharnial, Waris, and Kehade and I just felt Ix never got the recognition he should have from the Ancients. Regardless of what is said in this thread, I know that alot of people had fear in their hearts when Ix was awake, I saw enough hiding in guilds, and underground places to last two lifetimes. The real crappy part is that Ix wasnt even very deathful, not even sure what my PK stats are, but I know they arnt anything impressive, just had no way to keep folks from running away, and the gator moves like a pregnant hippo, so sealing kills was just about impossible for me alone. If I had some way of knowing how many folks fled away from me convulsing, I would probably feel alot better about Ix's PK numbers. Anyway enough of my ranting, it was a blast and I will say goodbye to you all.

Outlanders

Liluthiyan- You were by far my favorite, Ix kinda had a little gnome crush on the dyke elf maiden, go figure, but you like me didnt seem the best at PK but were always willing to mix it up, and I enjoyed all the time we spent together.

Macha- I really liked Macha, though we didnt spend ALOT of time together you were always willing to take it the Spire and as that was my own favorite pasttime we just sorta ended up teaming up alot, have to say Ix got the feeling that Macha didnt care for him much, not sure why just had that aloofness thing going I suppose.

Namanrin- You are a beast man, Ix always knew when you awoke we were gonna go an smash the hell out of someone, had a blast everytime you were around.

Seyriannia- Despite those failed attempts at the Silent Tower, Ix liked Seyriannia for the most part. Just seemed to spend alot of time doing things outside the interests of the Refuge, and so Ix kinda got irritated there at the end. But all in all a well played bard.

Jayundar- Heh, what do I say about the Nightreaver. I spent quite ALOT of my time helping you rank, and you refused to even grant me a fireshield to go get my sleeks once you reached the top, after that it was pretty much 'who cares' for Ix about anything concerning you, though I have to admit you have the nasty, evil, Nightreaver b#@%h RP down pat.

Tribunals

Fendril- You were top notch man, I mean I could never have handled the things you did without going into a rage and probably deleting. Fendril had a big ol' bucketful no doubt, I mean coming out to the Refuge even after I basically pwned you even in the city, and even succeeding in retrieving the Scales a few times while I was awake, always my favorite of the Spire, hope you do as well with your next.

Koolchi- Ix really didnt like you much at all, you just spent way too much time cowering in your guild or the Spire. I never got a chance to really RP with you, or even speak much to be honest, but I just noticed a really bad trend of sleeping when you were the only Provincial awake and I was as well.

Laraiyin- You are going to prove to be a double-handful for the next crop of Outlanders I have no doubt, you were constantly pwning whoever I had around to face you, shame you rank sat for so damn long, I really wished to give you a fight before I left. But well played dark-elf anti-paladin, I am sure we will meet again in my next life *wink*

All you random little Spirelings who liked to strip Ix naked when I fell, may you rot in the darkest part of hell.

Scions

Igbah- Whoever titled you hit it on the button, you were a damn beast
and no doubt about it. The only warrior other than Kostyan who I didnt basically pwn in a one-on-one fight, I still get a rush when I think about killing you in Arkham, my one and only victory over you in many fights, I think you managed to down me twice, but sent me running alot, and you were alway so non-chalant about everything, just really well played I thought.

Kharnial- Heh, my nemesis I suppose. Damn tiger, Ix woulda traded several very valuable parts of his anatomy for a tiger. You in the end were the reason I deleted Ix the most, I mean you were basically making myself, Seyriannia, and Liluthiyan look like fools every other night. Ix wasnt real big on ganking, I did most of my hunting solo, but I knew even I did manage to get you hurting in a solo fight, your tattoo would prevent me from ever getting a kill, so I tried coming at you with numbers, and even though we eventually ran you off everytime and took the Scepter, we never managed to kill you, three on one. Well played shifter, and damn you for the quest form.

Waris- Didnt have much use for Waris, as I really only ever saw him in action when there were three or four or five Scions and few Outlanders, though I imagine I cost you quite a few souls in that weapon, so you dont care much for me either I am sure. Still not sure how you beat me in the Arena, seeing as how every fight we ever had except that one you always got beat down and fled.

Imperials

Kostyan- Man you were one way over-powered mofo, and I dont care what anyone says. You basically pwned me with three differnt charachters, includin Ix, I mean come on, your bleeding did more damage than most warriors ever managed to deliver in a fight against Ix, just wish you would have stuck around a little longer as I finally learned unpredictable, wanted to see how well it worked. I wont say well played as I most remember you being an ass, throwing a tirade the one time I did manage to kill you, (Not sure if anyone else ever saw this, but in a fight with Kost I had him convulsing, I landed a MANGLE, and it said "through sheer strength of will Kostyan ignores his fatal blow and fights on" he fled teleported and died, so the kill didnt show on his PBF but I always felt it was a kill.)Anyway, you were damn tough, I just felt you could have shown a little more class to the people you defeated, I would dare say there were alot more than the ten or eleven full loots you claimed in your thread.

Krikar- Man you picked a bad, bad time to become War Master, and I have seen you around more as a ghost than in PK, but I did manage to get you once or twice when the Fortress hadnt beat me to it. You were getting much stronger the last time we fought, you and Ierdikek nearly got me, of course I was fighting the bard without using any rods and you just jumped me, so it was kinda painful. Good luck, and you seem like another who deals with the multiple deaths in a night alot better than me.

Ahtieli- Bah, I so nearly had you dead a couple times, but you just wouldnt fight unless I came into the Throne Room after you, and that was beyond even Ix to kill you there. The few times I did catch you outside though were damn good fights, I really like necros just never been good at playing them, I always, and I mean always fail my sleeps for some reason. Any way, congrats on the Becoming, I know you put in alot of hard hours for it.

Carintsei- Just bad, bad form to spit on someone who just killed you and is standing guard over everything in your corpse(except the coins of course), I started to feel bad about how easy you were to kill, and stopped hunting you except in raiding situations, but after that episode I fully had plans to leave you naked.

Kresin- Another easy kill, but you had alot more class about it than Carintsei, plus you were alot smarter, get me bleeding so it takes me some time to shift, and run for your life, I only managed to get you once or twice because of those tactics so well done.

Fortress

Renkaide- You were alot of fun, and alot of help to have around in those wee hours when I would be the only Outlander around, well played and a good Fortress type.

Mizfara- I think you and Ix could have accomplished much in the way of slaying Satebos, I even had it planned out, but you were always so standoffish that I never even spoke with you about it. We did work together on a few raids, and I am sure Marcatis liked that about as much as Lyristeon did. Anyway another well played Maran.

Humbert- Congrats on getting Marshal, I have known you through my last three charachters and always felt you should have gotten it back when it was given to Cyruil, another real Orderly type though so not much interaction between you and Ix.

Immortals (this will be a very short list, as the only Immortal I ever had any interaction with at all was Lyristeon, and most of that was him critiquing me for dying to the Spire)

Lyristeon- The quest was alot of fun, and being able to cast shield instead of needing the rod was such a time saver, thanks for that. With that said though, I was really miffed about the comments when I died Galadon, given I died stupidly in Galadon several times, but I am not sure if you ever saw the odds I faced nearly at all time there.
Lieutenants are a b***h when you only have to face two, throw in four more plus Koolchi, who would even come out when Fendril was awake, plus all the little guards who wander the city, is it any suprise I died alot in Galadon given the amount of time I spent fighting there.
Ix is gone now becuase I just really felt slighted by the Ancients, I spent damn near the whole of 350 hours in some sort of fight for the Refuge, and the only thing I ever got was criticism from an Ancient, while in the meantime I see Etielise and Kharnial running around in quest forms. It was just beginning to eat at me a little too much, and started to be on my mind way too much when I was away from CF.
I know you guys have lives, and spend alot of time doing other things for the MUD, but I mean out of all that time I was here, NO interaction whatsoever?

Random other Imms- Not sure who titled me, I figured it was Lyristeon since he gave me the Harbinger spot but if not I would like to say thanks to whoever did, though Harasser sorta implies that I was just annoying them, and I feel I did a fair amount of actual killing considering the combo I had. Before anyone rushes to the defense of these forms, let me say, the golden eagle is a GREAT form, and the gator bites hard, but thats all that can be said for it. Its slow, it takes three rounds to land one bite skill, I mean come on, thats almost a flurry, so bite was basically only used at the end to land the killing blow, the two eyelids things is broken in some way, as I was physicaly blinded as the gator many, many times, never noticed any difference in it landing at all. Anyway I had a blast regardless of my moaning here, and all you guys f'ing rock in my opinion just for the amount of time an dedication you show to this place.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Aiyanna (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:32 PM, #116
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Humbert (Guest), 24-Jul-08 03:41 AM, #103
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 05:46 AM, #104
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 05:56 AM, #105
     Reply I think theres a fine line between getting called out, Guy (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:28 PM, #115
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Yasovin (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:55 PM, #97
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 12:29 AM, #99
Reply Kind of upsetting to me., Dreth, 23-Jul-08 11:39 PM, #96
Reply RE: Kind of upsetting to me., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 12:25 AM, #98
Reply Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on the ..., Shumwrahm (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:18 PM, #94
Reply RE: Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on ..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:33 PM, #95
     Reply It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Lyristeon, 24-Jul-08 01:32 AM, #100
     Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 01:59 AM, #101
     Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Lyristeon, 24-Jul-08 07:58 AM, #106
          Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 08:53 AM, #107
               Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Lyristeon, 24-Jul-08 04:21 PM, #117
                    Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., Ixilth (Guest), 24-Jul-08 07:10 PM, #119
                         Reply Simply put., Lyristeon, 24-Jul-08 09:16 PM, #120
                              Reply RE: Simply put., Ixilth (Guest), 25-Jul-08 08:49 AM, #121
                                   Reply RE: Simply put., Lyristeon, 25-Jul-08 09:22 AM, #122
     Reply RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..., On a side note (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:04 AM, #102
     Reply RE: Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on ..., Shum (Guest), 24-Jul-08 10:07 AM, #109
Reply PBF bought., Asy (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:05 PM, #90
Reply Wasn't impressed, Peth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:29 PM, #85
Reply RE: Wasn't impressed, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:59 PM, #87
     Reply Thanks for fulling this whiny whor...er..this kind sir ..., Aengus (Guest), 24-Jul-08 10:30 AM, #110
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Jayundar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:10 PM, #62
Reply A lot of this doesn't always come out., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 06:22 PM, #65
Reply Yeah, I know, Jayundar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:30 PM, #66
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:29 PM, #70
     Reply Your perception is wrong again., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 07:57 PM, #73
     Reply You must be desperate, Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:53 PM, #83
          Reply RE: You must be desperate, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:08 PM, #84
          Reply Wow, what was that for?, Fendril (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:53 PM, #86
               Reply He probably didn't even read the body of the message., Asy (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:59 PM, #88
               Reply RE: Wow, what was that for?, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:00 PM, #89
                    Reply Uh really?, Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:12 PM, #91
                         Reply I took it as a joke. :P nt, Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 10:14 PM, #93
          Reply Heh., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 10:13 PM, #92
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Jayundar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:58 PM, #74
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:01 PM, #76
               Reply I swear if Andaren is cheating on me I'll kick his ass...., Jayundar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:03 PM, #78
               Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 08:13 PM, #80
Reply Cat not really like., Purrtis (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:00 PM, #59
Reply Heh., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 05:56 PM, #55
Reply Very nicely summed up what I was trying to say.., Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:44 PM, #82
Reply No offense, but I thought this char was utter crap., Velyzaggon (Guest), 23-Jul-08 02:55 PM, #52
Reply ? lolwut?, Aodh, 23-Jul-08 03:41 PM, #53
Reply He is the cheetah that wasnt a scion., Seyriannia (Guest), 23-Jul-08 04:22 PM, #54
Reply Once I could understand. Five or six times?, Velyzaggon (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:07 PM, #60
Reply If I hunted you after that, Seyriannia (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:20 PM, #64
     Reply See, I can except this post., Velyzaggon (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:15 PM, #114
Reply You screwed up in your own post., Velyzaggon (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:41 PM, #67
     Reply Not really. There were two cheetahs, Seyriannia (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:58 PM, #69
Reply I never once touched the Huntress until Outlanders had ..., Velyzaggon (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:09 PM, #61
     Reply Take a deep breath and calm down :) ~, Aodh, 23-Jul-08 06:57 PM, #68
Reply RE: No offense, but I thought this char was utter crap., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:37 PM, #71
     Reply You crack me up., Velyzaggon (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:53 PM, #72
     Reply RE: You crack me up., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:03 PM, #77
          Reply Do me a favor, grow up and stop being a twat. NT, Velyzaggon (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:06 PM, #112
     Reply You still never answered my questions., Velyzaggon (Guest), 24-Jul-08 02:07 PM, #113
Reply For my part, Eshval, 23-Jul-08 12:11 PM, #41
Reply RE: For my part, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 12:19 PM, #43
     Reply Feel free, Eshval, 23-Jul-08 01:00 PM, #46
Reply Oh my friend, Liluthiyan (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:08 AM, #28
Reply Well well, Krikar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:25 AM, #26
Reply Aside:, Daevryn, 23-Jul-08 12:00 PM, #39
     Reply RE: Aside:, Krikar (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:13 PM, #79
Reply You can't expect a quest form, dude, Random Person (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:51 AM, #20
Reply RE: You can't expect a quest form, dude, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:02 AM, #22
Reply Yah, Waris (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:47 AM, #19
Reply RE: Yah, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:05 AM, #23
Reply All I can see in this thread in all your replies, Waris (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:09 AM, #25
     Reply RE: All I can see in this thread in all your replies, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:29 AM, #27
          Reply Enough of this from you two., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 05:25 PM, #56
Reply RE: Yah, Daevryn, 23-Jul-08 11:53 AM, #36
     Reply RE: Yah, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:55 AM, #37
     Reply Sadly. I don't think I have more than 1 or 2 logs, Waris (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:12 PM, #63
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Daevryn, 23-Jul-08 09:13 AM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 09:32 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth., Daevryn, 23-Jul-08 09:59 AM, #21
Reply I already commented on you in my thread, but..., Fendril (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:41 AM, #15
Reply RE: I already commented on you in my thread, but..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:48 AM, #16
     Reply I disagree, take a look at my PBF..., Fendril (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:31 AM, #30
     Reply RE: I disagree, take a look at my PBF..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:44 AM, #32
          Reply I actually wasn't so much talking about that time..., Fendril (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:51 AM, #35
               Reply RE: I actually wasn't so much talking about that time....., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:59 AM, #
                    Reply My appologies then, Fendril (Guest), 23-Jul-08 12:04 PM, #40
     Reply If you are not happy, you could always Feck off!?, Abernytee (Guest), 23-Jul-08 01:54 PM, #50
     Reply You are way off base here., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 05:38 PM, #57
          Reply RE: You are way off base here., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:00 PM, #75
               Reply I explained most of this in another of my posts under J..., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 08:23 PM, #81
Reply Comments, Carintsei (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:26 AM, #14
Reply Sorry WB, I never died to you, Kostyan (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:45 AM, #9
Reply RE: Sorry WB, I never died to you, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:55 AM, #10
Reply RE: Sorry WB, I never died to you, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:58 AM, #11
     Reply This is why there are so few newbies who stick with thi..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:03 AM, #12
Reply nipping you ears cub., Abernyte, 23-Jul-08 04:42 AM, #3
Reply RE: nipping you ears cub., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:49 AM, #6
     Reply *sigh*, Naboueh (Guest), 23-Jul-08 08:19 AM, #13
     Reply P.S. I also never had herbs because I healed the centau..., Abernytee (Guest), 23-Jul-08 01:49 PM, #49
     Reply This right here..., Nivek1, 23-Jul-08 11:17 AM, #29
          Reply RE: This right here..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:46 AM, #33
          Reply RE: This right here..., Daevryn, 23-Jul-08 11:59 AM, #38
               Reply RE: This right here..., Nivek1, 24-Jul-08 12:48 PM, #111
Reply Decent character, Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 02:35 AM, #2
Reply RE: Decent character, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:45 AM, #5
Reply Don't get your panties in a bunch, Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 10:07 AM, #24
     Reply BTW, I only used that special power 3 times against Out..., Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:32 AM, #31
          Reply RE: BTW, I only used that special power 3 times against..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 11:49 AM, #34
               Reply Utility forms + I run as if a gay drunken pedophile pro..., Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 12:14 PM, #42
                    Reply Air forms, and you just vanishing into thin air, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 12:24 PM, #44
                         Reply I dunno what to say dude...I'm just better at the game ..., Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 12:40 PM, #45
                              Reply RE: I dunno what to say dude...I'm just better at the g..., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 01:05 PM, #47
                                   Reply Whoa whoa, Kharnial (Guest), 23-Jul-08 01:36 PM, #48
                                   Reply Uncalled for., Lyristeon, 23-Jul-08 05:51 PM, #58
Reply Im glad someone plays their forms out for a while, Amusing (Guest), 24-Jul-08 09:04 AM, #108
     Reply Hahahaha, Classic ~, Abernytee (Guest), 24-Jul-08 04:40 PM, #118
Reply Whinney bitch nt, Kornuel (Guest), 23-Jul-08 02:00 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Whinney bitch nt, Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 06:38 AM, #4
          Reply Haven't played after Kornual like 2 monthes.., Kornuel (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:11 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Haven't played after Kornual like 2 monthes.., Ixilth (Guest), 23-Jul-08 07:13 AM, #8
                    Reply It is your attitude to 'Everyone' that is the problem, Abernytee (Guest), 23-Jul-08 02:01 PM, #51

Aiyanna (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:32 PM

#70257, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #0

Look, I know you weren't complaining that much in your first post(it was a tad whiny, not a lot though)...but the rest of this board as pretty much showed you as fairly immature. I would love to have 7k immexp(without role updates, so I guess I should expect 9k exp imms, so get to it!! ), a shield spell and leader position. If I got a quest form, I'd be the happiest person in the world--for like 10 days but still I would be absolutely estatic. I've played many characters that never got any immteraction(then again I suck, so I guess thats expected) and although I get irritated ocasionally, I usually forget about it after 20 minutes of whatever semi cool thing I did(my standards aren't high).

I would suggest, when you play your next character hope for the best(ie quest form, immteraction, etc) but don't expect anything at all. So if you get something, you'll be happy.

As for Ixilth himself, well I didn't care too much for him at first. The interview when you basically said that you would never induct me pissed me off. If you just said not right now, run off and get some recommendations, there might have been some mutterings, but I would not have been pissed. But, I got over it...and you were better in my eyes. I wish you stuck around a bit longer, though, then I would have a much better view of you--I did appreciate the free gears and stuff. I still have that halo you gave me at level 18 or some crap

I don't know if its you or sey, but someone came off a little bossy(and a little silly) when they kept on shouting at me to entangle some level 33 transmuter....Right, entangle a mage that...can *GASP* word, so I just ignored anyone who told me to entangle a mage that can word...until I can use the hunt of course.

But regardless, it did look like you cared about the Refuge, and despite all the negative things I can ramble on about(there's actually a lot, but I bet I can complain about anyone, I'm just that good ) you were willing to run into the refuge and protect the spirit/huntress. A lot more courage than some, so thats a good thing. Good luck with your next...and understand that imms don't always have time to talk to you/give you free crap/etc. You will have a lot more fun.

Humbert (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 03:41 AM

#70238, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you were good in game. Your posts here, however, are hardly flattering at all. I have nothing against you and we were in fact allies rather than enemies (the fortbattlelander unholy trinity ), but just reading the things you post gives me a very bad taste in my mouth. Just good advice to you, improve your attitude. Nobody here has a vested interest in bad-mouthing you except the enemies you killed, and if even an IMM is saying something, you need to examine yourself, not blame everyone else.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 05:46 AM

#70239, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #103

If you took the time to look at the posts, these are my enemies. Even the only two Outlanders Ix never liked, and I had a problem with Lyristeon IC as Ixilth, it just seems to have bled over into this thread.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 05:56 AM

#70240, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #103

Also I would like to point out I wrote a fairly friendly good-bye post, and then the flaming started, and yeah things got kind of nasty. But I tried to go out nice and quiet like, not gonna bite my tongue when I am getting called out though.

Guy (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:28 PM

#70256, "I think theres a fine line between getting called out"
In response to Reply #105

And being called a little punk...

Yasovin (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:55 PM

#70230, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks a bunch man for helping me out so much and chilling with me when nothing was going on even after you became Harbinger. I learned a lot from you and you're a big reason I'll be sticking around.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 12:29 AM

#70232, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #97

It wall all part of Ixs insidious plot to lure you to the Outlanders, Ix could then be tiger by proxy at least. Just kidding, I happen to be a veteran player *cough* who doesnt make it a point to be an ass to newbies, I still remember when I thought getting a shirt from Bilkon, two charred bracers, and two brass collars was gearing, so I try to help people as much as I can when I realize that they are struggling with gearing and getting killed all the time by our great playerbase(who just seem to enjoy spam killing them over an over to pad their PBF's). Anyways, thanks for the talks and *gasp* RP that we did have, still wish you would have brought the tiger to the Refuge.

DrethWed 23-Jul-08 11:39 PM
Member since 17th Feb 2008
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70229, "Kind of upsetting to me."
In response to Reply #0

Well judging from the posts it seems you weren't all that well liked. Having never had you for an enemy I can't say anything about that, but I will say that you have to be the most helpful person in the cabal when it comes to teaching a newb what he needs to know to be worth half a ####. Maybe your Rp was superficial, I don't know. It seemed like you were pretty enthusiastic, to me. Combine a willingness to teach with from what I hear is a pretty decent ability to kill, and a proven ability to defend the cabal, and I'd say you were pretty solid. But I'm obviously the noobiest guy around, so meh.

For what it's worth, I liked you and was sad to see you go.

Dreth
goarmy.com
AIM: zacshep1

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 12:25 AM

#70231, "RE: Kind of upsetting to me."
In response to Reply #96

Thanks man, the kind words are MUCH appreacited at this point.

Shumwrahm (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:18 PM

#70227, "Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Just messing with you. ;) Shum liked Ix, bc Shum likes to fight (a lot) so we had a lot of common ground. I didn't really get rubbed the wrong way like other people seemed to, but you did full loot a kill you didn't have any hand in once, and that left a little bit of a foul taste in my mouth. I didn't know the history between you and the victim, though, and he was the type of character (not player) that I thought might have deserved it.

I genuinely liked the char, but I learned a long time ago not to expect immteraction, even if you feel like you deserve it. They're busy dudes (and dudettes) and sometimes they miss things that seem obvious. It's probably tough to be a god when you're really just a normal guy. I've never had a quest anything in 10+ years of playing on and off, and the vast majority of my immteraction has been the result of me bugging them for it (a la empowerment, etc..)

I liked the char, and hope you don't let all the haterade get you down. Take it with a grain of salt and learn from it, and you're next char will be even better.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:33 PM

#70228, "RE: Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on ..."
In response to Reply #94

Yeah, Ix liked Shumwrahm as well, and figured you for the Harbinger spot when Niz passed, I think it was just a matter of you not being able to be around much. Sorry I forgot about you, and good luck in the lands. I believe that kill was Peth in the Silverwood, one of the ganks hes talking about that I wasnt even involved in, and yes he very much deserved it. All the hate is coming from those who were Ixilths enemies, as much as they want to say that I let OOC seep into IC, I will not throw it back and them and say they are letting their IC frustration with Ix show in their OOC assessments of myself, and after a few hours to cool down after getting flamed for what I thought was a fairly nice goodbye to most people, I realize I just really dont give a #### what people like them think about me.

I do wish to clear up one thing though, you all seem to think I expected some sort of quest form. I didnt expect anything, and I dealt with the fact that I didnt get one, my complaint was the lack of any type of Imm involvement at all. And I know Lyristeon has stated all the things I was given by Immortals, and I was grateful for those things which came in one bug lump. I won two quests in the questy weekend, got an edge for one, some con, a quest spell, and another edge for the other which was great. But what I was looking for was some involvement from the Ancients in the actual Outlander cabal scene, of which I saw none. Realize that though Ix only had 350 hours, I have been out of work for the past almost three months with a broken leg, and Ix was created if I am not mistaken, less than three months ago. So 350 hours in less than three months means I spent all my available time online, as Ix, doing things either with Outlanders, or for Outlanders. No playing alts, the only time I really explored or gathered gear was in those wee morning hours when there were very few people on. To me those things should show a supreme dedication to the Outlander cabal, among the *gasp* RP I did have many times with others about the Ancients and the Refuge in general. I just felt slighted that never once did I get an echo, an Imm controlled mob, nothing to recognize these facts at all, other than as I have said, critiquing from Lyristeon. If that makes me a bad person, or a bad player then I suppose you all are right and I am scum of the earth.

LyristeonThu 24-Jul-08 01:32 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70234, "It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #95

If you expect any immteraction at all, you are playing for the wrong reason. If you don't have a role, don't have a religion to follow and your sphere isn't being overseen by any immortals at all, and you happen to get all of those things anyway, you got A LOT MORE interaction than is common. You were a 39-35, 343 hour leader, who did most of his action in form and not a whole lot outside of form in the way of rp. Sorry, you feel slighted, but, for what you were, you got more than most. It doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you a person who thinks they added more to the game than they did. Okay, so, you put in 100+ hours a month. Fine. Just because you are logged in, do you think that I or any other imm who might have an interest is logged in for that period of time and saw everything you did? Not likely.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 01:59 AM

#70235, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #100

No I am sure you didnt see everything I did, nor would I expect you to, but your comment about not doing alot out of form is just dead wrong, and in that one hundred + hours a month, I just assumed that perhaps some Immortal might have taken note. But you know what they say about assume, makes an ass out of you and me. I cant help but notice how you keep saying I think I added more to the game than I I really did. Where do you get that? I think I added alot to the Outlander cabal, regardless of what you or others may say, the post from the Outlanders who I spent time with, and some who havnt posted for whatever reason should show that. You want to take the opinions of all Ix's enemies and run with them as what he truly was, thats fine, but it hardly makes you right. But I stated right off the rip that Ix was nothing special, and you all like I expected you to give me the form of Scion killing +4 or some other ####, a damn echo, a damn interaction of ANY kind, which regardless of what you ever say Ix earned and then some.

LyristeonThu 24-Jul-08 07:58 AM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70241, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #101

But Ix stated right off the rip that Ix was nothing special, and you
>all like I expected you to give me the form of Scion killing
>+4 or some other ####, a damn echo, a damn interaction of ANY
>kind, which regardless of what you ever say Ix earned and then
>some.

This is where you have it wrong. I said you did a good job. But, that appears not to have been enough for you. You seem to be under the impression that you deserved more interaction. You did not earn more interaction. You got a LOT MORE than normal for this character. This was a big stepping stone character for you. That is all it is. The scion shifter got a form because he earned it. Plain and simple. I am not going to compare the two of you, because to be quite frank, it would make you look silly. Leave it at that and don't push. Take this character for what it was. It was a good character, but, not nearly deserving of what you think.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 08:53 AM

#70243, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #106

Once again its like I am talking to a wall, I didnt think Ix was anything special, but you keep implying that I got so much with him.
EVERYTHING Ix got was for winning quests that were for EVERYONE, all I wanted was some sort of personal interaction with an Ancient to say hey, your doing a good job, keep up the hard work, and you are gonna sit here and tell me in three hundred and fifty hours I didnt earn the five minutes it would have taken you to do that. Just a bit pompous Lyristeon, just a bit. And I am curious as to how comparing me to Kharnial would make me look silly, or are you just throwing insults at random now? In looking back over all these 'peers' you are comparing me against, I see nothing really special at all, other than longevity on the part of Fendril. I mean come on, you want to throw my 39-34 in my face, at 350 hours as a shifter then tell me why Fendril was soooo much more deserving at 42-92 or some such, with 250 more hours. Not downing Fendril or saying he didnt deserve what he got from you all, but he got it all because he was a Tribunal who served the Spire well, and Ix got absolutely nothing for serving the Refuge, and thats just fact. Not to mention I was not even talking about edges or legacies or forms, just a simple interaction with an Immortal.

LyristeonThu 24-Jul-08 04:21 PM
1282 posts
#70261, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #107

Ugh. Don't even try to put yourself into the same light as Fendril. You did not do for the cabal what Fendril did for Tribunal. Not by a long shot. You had more than five minutes of interaction on the leader channels and with other things.

Here it is. Bluntly put. I tried to do it the nice way by saying that if you had just said, "I learned a lot, but, I know I can do better." But, no, you were not deserving of the extra pat on the back. Okay? You got it now? You got a leader spot by default because you basically attacked defilers. It wasn't because you were the bomb. It wasn't because you were a Fendril, Igbah, Kostyan, Kharnial etc. type leader. You got what you deserved which I will say again, was a LOT MORE than anyone else would have gotten given what you did. You don't want to take that as the clue, fine. You now have it bluntly. You got more than you deserved. You did a good job. But, nothing worthy of extra notice.

Ixilth (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 07:10 PM

#70267, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #117

Tell me, other than Igbah, and Fendril, you must just have a thing for douchy charachters. Kostyan was the biggest douchebag to ever play this game, and Kharnial is getting right on up that list with him. Instead of just spouting about what kind of things these people did for their cabals, why not list me some of Kharnials great achievements as Chancellor? Or Kostyans as Emperor, other than spam killing newbies who never stood a chance. Your just a #### Lyristeon, and thats a fact. Look at the cabalwars stats perhaps for the times I was Harbinger, hrrrrmm, I can GUARANTEE you we held alot higher influence, and probably 3 times the succesful raid of either Kharnial or Fendril, so get off my back about how I didnt deserve anything, I already admitted my RP wasnt that great, but as for the cabal aspect your just dead ####ing wrong and we both know it. Andif I didnt deserve any interaction, I really, really dont see how in the hell you justify Jayundars title and tattoo two days after your saying she never did anything but practice spells. I smell some OOC connection here, so flame away you bunch of douchebags.

LyristeonThu 24-Jul-08 09:16 PM
1282 posts
#70270, "Simply put."
In response to Reply #119

You were in a cabal that was already in power when you got the spot. You weren't the best leader in the cabal. You just didn't stand out in that capacity. You are making it sound like you should get the credit for becoming leader in an already strong cabal.

You will notice in your PBF that you were SUPER GANKY. In past threads, I have stated that non rager cabaled characters tend to shine when their pkstats are 1.80 and below. It just works out that way. You weren't even close.

Without Kostyan, Empire took a beating.
Without Igbah, Scion took a beating.
Without Fendril, Tribunal was lacking in a huge way.
Kharnial consistently takes on mass gangs and wins.

As for RP? You admit you aren't up to par with them and these are character's whose rp did make an impact and will continue to be talked about for awhile.

For three of them, their death threads had a lot more positive than negative. And I bet when Kharnial is done, his will fall in line.

I didn't want this thread to go here, because I really hoped you would have seen that this character was just a stepping stone into getting somewhere for a future character soon. That's all this character was. Get over yourself.

Ixilth (Guest)Fri 25-Jul-08 08:49 AM

#70277, "RE: Simply put."
In response to Reply #120

Can I help if most of my kills came in raid situations? Ive already stated and most of you know for yourself how hard it is to seal a kill with most shifter forms, the gator being one of the worst. But considering the amount of time I spent raiding, its not a suprise to me at all. As for me not being the best leader in the cabal, I would say I was the only real 'leader' the cabal had. Never did I hear Jayundar, or Macha rally the troops for a raid, or try and give a strategy for a hard defense. This will be my last post to this thread, and most likely my last post on this forum. You want to take the posts of all these people who I constantly hunted, and make like their word on Ix is the be all end all, utter bs. The few Outlanders who posted, and the others who I didnt constantly try to kill who posted, all had nothing but good things to say. But I understand how it is for an ego-maniac, so use whatever you have to to be right, I no longer care. As for Kostyans thread, their was quite a bit of negative there as I remember it, as for Kharnial taking on huge gangs and winning, if by winning you mean getting away, then I agree. Hes hard as hell to trap, as that tattoo makes it nearly impossible.

LyristeonFri 25-Jul-08 09:22 AM
1282 posts
#70278, "RE: Simply put."
In response to Reply #121

Rallying the troops? This isn't empire or fortress. I have watched Macha go get the scales by herself countless times. You shouldn't have to rally the troops as the leader of Outlander. You are just supposed to go out and be the example. And, a lot of times, rallying the troops comes across as bossy if not done right. How many posts in this thread said you came across as bossy?

Outlander is not about having a structured way of doing things. That's for Tribunal. If you start coming across as bossy, you take away the free spirit part of the cabal. Being a leader in Outlander is about finding people who are worthy to live on their own. Not the people you need to teach how to live on their own. You bring someone in, you kick someone out. If Outlander leaders are done right, the cabal runs by itself. It doesn't need the direction you are saying you supplied.

It isn't just the people you hunted. It's the people from the cabal who are talking about it as well. You can't just turn that off. I think I read posts from 2-3 non-influential players who gave you a thumbs up. I am tired of beating on you here. You learned a lot, but, there is still a lot you can learn. Take it for what it is. It was probably your best character to date. That's an accomplishment.

On a side note (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:04 AM

#70236, "RE: It doesn't make you a bad person, but..."
In response to Reply #100

Yes, come to think of it I know you seen me RP'ing out of form, trying to talk to Ameen about the Refuge and the Ancients, you were just too busy being an ass, and dropping a rock into the middle of the room and saying it would listen better, than in actually hearing or seeing that Ix was trying to teach others about the Ancients, which *gasp* I think Yasovin posted about the many times we spent together with me doing the same thing, and Derth, and there are many other who like me probably dont normally waste their goddamned time posting on this forum for just this very reason.

Shum (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 10:07 AM

#70246, "RE: Not even a mention after all the ranking we did on ..."
In response to Reply #95

I wasn't trying to knock you at all, quite the contrary. I see your point about just wanting five lousy minutes of an Imm going out of his way to do something neat as positive reinforcement for busting your scaly hump, and agree. I've always thought this type of thing should be higher on the pantheon's priority list, but my feeling is that we'd probably trade this for more crashing. Would it be worth it? To you and me maybe, but we both know how many pretenders complain on Dio's that the coding staff here must be a roomfull of monkeys every time it crashes, so I don't know that we're in the majority. All I was trying to say in the last part of my post was what Lyr said very succinctly in the reply to your reply.

"If you expect any immteraction at all, you are playing for the wrong reason" I'll add to that: "and stand a 95% chance of being disappointed." I've got at least a couple hundred hours on Shum (prolly closer to 300) and I haven't gotten anything. No imm xp, other than for roles, no immteraction, no pat on the back in any way, but whatever. There are lots of potential reasons for that, and I'm content to realize that all the people who do get it are probably better than me, seek it out more, and are lucky in that they might have playtimes that match up better. You, like most everyone I fight, deserved it more than me, which I understand going in. Basically, if I wanted somebody else to tell me that I was doing a good job, I'd log off and take out the ####ing trash to make my gf happy, rather than trying to please the Imms, who I generally think could care less what I do while I'm logged on, as long as I don't act like Kanye.

I do think theres a validity to Ix's point that may have been lost in the hooplah, but I don't think that it detracts from the validity of what Lyr and the other imms have been saying. Two sides to a coin, I suppose.

Note: I don't say any of this to knock the roomfull of monkeys at all. ;) In reading back over the post, some of it might read like I'm whining, but it isn't intended that way. Just commiserating.

Asy (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:05 PM

#70223, "PBF bought."
In response to Reply #0

i <3 truth... and lols. j00 rdy?

Peth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:29 PM

#70218, "Wasn't impressed"
In response to Reply #0

I don't generally like using deaf mode, but I had to whenever you were on since you spouted off soo much venomous garbage I couldn't stand to listen anymore. The one time I full looted/sacced an outlander who deserved it, you made sure to do it to me every time I fell to one of your 3+ groups, even when I left your corpse mostly alone the times I killed you.

I'm glad you are gone, the mud is a better place for it.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:59 PM

#70220, "RE: Wasn't impressed"
In response to Reply #85

The times you killed me? You killed me exactly once, and full looted, this place is so much bs it isnt even funny. You can get on here and just make #### up as you wish to see it. As for my three + ganks, also a load of horse ####, Namanrin and I killed you twice, thats just two. I wont waste my money buying the PBF of such a ####ty charachter, but I love how everyone talks so much about how they kill me. I died to Igbah a couple time, Kostyan a couple times, Kharnial once, or mebbe twice not sure, and a bunch of times fighting three to five on one in Galadon, other than random deaths that I cant really recall that was it. I cant think of anyone that really pwned Ixilth as you all would like to make out, and you say I spouted, but I suppose speaking Outlander rhetoric to a fallen Tribunal is just poor RP as well. All you people bitching and moaning are the ones Ix made life hell for, which was his purpose, besides Jayundar, who is just a plain old bitch so you can all go jump in the lake. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and most of them stink.

Aengus (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 10:30 AM

#70247, "Thanks for fulling this whiny whor...er..this kind sir ..."
In response to Reply #87

kthx

Jayundar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:10 PM

#70195, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #0

>Jayundar- Heh, what do I say about the Nightreaver. I spent
>quite ALOT of my time helping you rank, and you refused to
>even grant me a fireshield to go get my sleeks once you
>reached the top, after that it was pretty much 'who cares' for
>Ix about anything concerning you, though I have to admit you
>have the nasty, evil, Nightreaver b#@%h RP down pat.

The good: You were always eager to fight your enemies and generally aggressive/fearless to an extent I wish I were, so kudos for that.

The other: There aren't many things about Ixilth that didn't rub me the wrong way. Especially before you became Harbinger you were virtually indistinguishable from 3 other Outlander/applicant shifters (you know who they are) in that for all intents and purposes they seemed far more like a computer player dressed in a gnome shifter costume. Even a human in a gnome costume would have been an improvement.

There were some comments that just really made it seem to me like you lacked perspective. Luckily, over time you'll just become a little more mellow. Examples: You brag over cb about killing Fendril three times and full-looting him, saying that you think you made him delete. Well dude, it's Friday night for the US--I know you and I are mudding, but a lot of other people have other things to do. Another, shortly after becoming Harbinger, and getting a quest spell, you complain about not having a quest form. Ixilth had already received more immteraction and rewards than most leaders do. Something else, you complain about Outlanders ot wanting to raid. Well, for a rank 44 ranger with hero Tribs in range off trying to rank, do you expect them to be excited about dropping everything to go raid the Spire, where they will have extremely minimal effectiveness compared to you, who has little risk in doing so?

A lot of the other stuff just seemed like you didn't play the game in a manner which encompasses a lot of class. For your edification, and as you may recall, I stopped being your fireshield bitch after you refused to stop calling me lad/lass. And perhaps this is a matter of perspective, but I don't think you spent ALOT of time helping me rank. You offered to help me one time get about 5k exp (which didn't even rank me) so I could get to a level where I could get elemental shields. Sometimes you would show up at groups where I was ranking with other Outlanders, but it certainly was not at my bidding. This can easily be compared to some of the no-rp shifters you bitch-ranked all the way up to their final forms. Still, even if you had spent ALOT of time helping me rank it wouldn't make up for what came off as a bossy and disrespectful demeanor when it came to your allies. If you treat me like I am your tool, I will treat you like you are one.

Another example of a small thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when I was grouped with you in Arkham and you killed Igbah after he had come to raid against the Outlander horde. You told me to loot everything, I didn't and he came back, and you pressed on and asked me why I didn't loot.

It's instances like the above, multiplied over time and magnified by the rp of my character that really lead to me not liking Ixilth. He reminded me of a belligerent drunk, either constantly and loudly stating the obvious or completely missing the mark. If I had been able to keep you on ignore, I would have. If I thought I had a small chance killing you, I would have tried, so kudos for being deathful, but you just weren't a character I had any desire to interact with.

Wow, that's a lot of kvetching. I think you do have potential. You already have the mechanical skill, now I would suggest you need to adapt your playstyle to bear in mind that sometimes your efforts will be overlooked, that the other characters are all players too, and up your rp from translating game mechanics to faux-rp terms into actually engaging a more realistic living, breathing character. Yes, ambiguous, but if you actually try to work on it, then I'm sure you will start getting some of the recognition you feel entitled to.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 06:22 PM
1282 posts
#70198, "A lot of this doesn't always come out."
In response to Reply #62

More times than not, the imms are watching the interactions that involve raiding, fighting, rping on a grand scheme and whatnot. When you see someone constantly taking it to their enemies, you give them props. With a shifter, actions speak a lot louder than words because there generally aren't many words. What some might see as being bossy, others might see as trying to get the morale of the troops up. Personal issues like you are stating don't really stand out unless we just happen to catch it. If we don't know about, there is really no way to know about it unless another immortal catches it and lets everyone know. The stuff I heard over the cabal channel seemed fine to me. I expect there to be some friction between each of the three divisions.

Jayundar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:30 PM

#70199, "Yeah, I know"
In response to Reply #65

I can see why, from a heaven's-eye-view Ixilth seemed attractive.

Jayundar, in character, obviously isn't going to lecture someone about being more understanding or showing more respect And Ixilth did constantly take it to his enemies and deserves props for it.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:29 PM

#70203, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #62

This is just a #### statement overall, I bragged on CB about killing Fendril three times and full looting him, what a load of ####. Once more we have someone rubbed the wrong way whos gonna make up scenarios to try and make me look bad, and wrong. And the sad part is, I really dont even care. Your charachter was a bitch pure and simple, not sure if you are in RL or not but I begin to think perhaps so. Ix had NO immteraction whatsoever, and if you would listen once in a while instead of trying to seem like a pompous know it all ass, you might have seen that. I got a quest spell for completing a quest that was open to the entire MUD, a Quest I spent nearly three hours fighting one mob to get an item and win, Lyrsiteon didnt even really speak to me during this episode, except a tell letting me know of ym rewards, for which I was grateful. People seem to think I was ranting about not getting a quest form, which wasnt it at all, I said I would really have LIKED a quest form, my complaint was the fact that in 350 hours of very devoted duty to the Refuge, I NEVER once spoke to an Immortal in any capacity than to be rediculed by the Imp for dying in Galadon. You I think should pull your head out of your ass and take some of your own advice, and realize this is just game, so I dont immerse myself too well into a being a gnome, I did my best, and I showed strong devotion to a cabal, which is much more than I can say for yourself. You carried off being a bitch without a hitch, but I think even Lyristeons comment to me and Macha was "all I ever see her do is practice spells", when he asked us about making you the Reaver, yet oddly and strnagely enough, two RL days later you were titled and tattoed, so yeah that was one big instance that really pissed me off OOC.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 07:57 PM
1282 posts
#70206, "Your perception is wrong again."
In response to Reply #70

You were made leader at 133 hours. Jayundar was made leader at 257 hours. All of my leaders get a title. Try to find one who hasn't. It goes with getting the leader spot. It's a perk. I asked the two of you because of the reason that I always see them practicing spells. You both agreed that they would make a good Nightreaver. It is taken for granted that other members of the cabal are going to interact with the other mortals a lot more than an imm. Invokers practice their spells a lot. Put the two of them together and that's why I asked. After agreeing with YOUR assessment of Jayundar, I made them Nightreaver.

I choose who is worthy of my tattoo. You weren't a follower of mine, so, I don't know what you expected there. It wasn't as if you had a role to read. I can say the opposite of Jayundar. They made it very clear where they planned on going and what they had done.

Your timeline is a little off as well, but, that's okay. PBFs are available.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:53 PM

#70216, "You must be desperate"
In response to Reply #73

>Your timeline is a little off as well, but, that's okay. PBFs
>are available.

Gas prices really hitting you hard huh

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:08 PM

#70217, "RE: You must be desperate"
In response to Reply #83

Eat a #### Kharnial nt

Fendril (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:53 PM

#70219, "Wow, what was that for?"
In response to Reply #84

His comment has nothing even remotely to do with you.

Asy (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:59 PM

#70221, "He probably didn't even read the body of the message."
In response to Reply #86

sadface ixy?

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:00 PM

#70222, "RE: Wow, what was that for?"
In response to Reply #86

Just to enlighten you, he was implying that Lyristeon was desperate for money hence trying to get someone to pay said money for my PBF. Which is, yeah pretty much an insult.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:12 PM

#70224, "Uh really?"
In response to Reply #89

>Just to enlighten you, he was implying that Lyristeon was
>desperate for money hence trying to get someone to pay said
>money for my PBF. Which is, yeah pretty much an insult.

....Wow. I don't even know what to say to your interpretation...I mean, it's just simply...wow...

Yea, I'm gonna stop posting on your thread now. It's obvious you have a huge chip on your shoulder towards me.

Try to have fun with your next character, if you make one. You really shouldn't expect anything with any character towards anyone. That includes immteraction, full loot, full sac, gangs, etc. Just makes for a less stressful and disappointing time.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 10:14 PM
1282 posts
#70226, "I took it as a joke. :P nt"
In response to Reply #91

nt

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 10:13 PM
1282 posts
#70225, "Heh."
In response to Reply #83

Nah, it's just promotion. Although, if I can get 100 more of you to get a PBF each month, I will get 100 times more than I am getting now! Woohoo!

(I get nothing, btw.)

Jayundar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:58 PM

#70207, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #70

"yet oddly and strnagely enough, two RL days later you were titled and tattoed, so yeah that was one big instance that really pissed me off OOC."

That's because I cheated and had my immortal lover do it. Good luck with your next.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:01 PM

#70209, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #74

So somebody clue me in, just who do you have to blow to get some love around here.

Jayundar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:03 PM

#70211, "I swear if Andaren is cheating on me I'll kick his ass...."
In response to Reply #76

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 08:13 PM
1282 posts
#70213, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #76

Simply put, if your post had gone along the line of this:

I think I really learned a lot with this character. The good and the bad. Hopefully my next one will be even better!

I think that tone/attitude would have fit this character perfectly. Because that's really how I saw this character. Someone who is on the cusp of making something memorable. Unfortunately, you didn't see and still don't see how many props you did get compared to others to help you take it to the next level.

Purrtis (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:00 PM

#70191, "Cat not really like."
In response to Reply #0

You tried to order me around a lot and tell me what I should be doing, and that doesn't fly for a free former slave. I will just say that this kind of interaction got you killed once. You led well, but you were a little too bossy for my taste. Good luck on your next.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 05:14 PM
1282 posts
#70187, "Heh."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 23-Jul-08 05:56 PM

For the most part, you basically now know what it's like dealing with the Imp. My picking on you is how I basically deal with everyone. It's meant to be sarcastic fun. If I thought you were a screw up, do you honestly think you would have been the Harbinger? Too bad you didn't see the humor in it.

Here is the other thing, the amount of imm interaction one character gets compared to another character more times than not has to do with how one is perceived as a whole. Character's who are liked by the most of the playerbase and immortals tend to get more interaction. This isn't a slight against you. You earned a leader spot and did well with it.

Now, let's take a look at what you got from the immortals. You became a leader and titled at 140 hours. You received 7000 exp from imms. You received 4 different enhancements (2 edges, con and a spell). All of this was in 343 hours.

Igbah at 350 hours had received: 1600 imm exp and a title. But, during his second half of his life when he shined and really added to the game with his playing and longevity, he got everything else.

So, to say that you got no interaction at all is really unfair. But, it would also be unfair to say that you added as much as Igbah did.

I thought you had done a really good job, but, I also think you could do a lot more. Not so much from the pk side of things. But, for other immortals to join in on the funstick, it has to be fun for them.

EDITED PART HERE:

Generally speaking, the tone of others who you have interacted with is a good indicator of the character itself. If you took the good and didn't complain, people wouldn't have a reason to out you on all of your faults. You are looking for way too much. If you think that you put out an exceptional character that gets all of the goods and you didn't get them, you didn't put that type of character out there. You may not like to hear it this way, but, it's the truth. You did a good job. Not exceptional, not game moving, not something worthy of all the great things that are available. This is not a totem worthy character. One of the many leaders who aren't on the totem.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:44 PM

#70215, "Very nicely summed up what I was trying to say.."
In response to Reply #55

>EDITED PART HERE:
>
>Generally speaking, the tone of others who you have interacted
>with is a good indicator of the character itself. If you took
>the good and didn't complain, people wouldn't have a reason to
>out you on all of your faults. You are looking for way too
>much. If you think that you put out an exceptional character
>that gets all of the goods and you didn't get them, you didn't
>put that type of character out there. You may not like to
>hear it this way, but, it's the truth. You did a good job.
>Not exceptional, not game moving, not something worthy of all
>the great things that are available. This is not a totem
>worthy character. One of the many leaders who aren't on the
>totem.

Although I went off on a tangent, the above quote is exactly what I was trying to say.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 02:55 PM

#70183, "No offense, but I thought this char was utter crap."
In response to Reply #0

You claim you never lost the Fetish when you were awake, but then how come you literally had a hardon for attacking me? I mean, how did you know I helped Igbah take the Fetish (and I did, just me and him, for myriad reasons, mostly because I got attempted gay'd by Sey, Glordath and Macha about three too many times) if you weren't on? Because of something some other Outlander said? Was it the bard who logged out the moment we hit the tree? I mean seriously, you would attack me over Tribbies/Empire/whoever else you had a jones for, why? Was it because you couldn't just roll over me, and you wanted to land the kill on me?

I was honestly waiting for the next time you pulled that #### on me, because as you saw that time on the Open Plains, I have more tricks than just zap self;zap self;zap self;shift cheetah.

You honestly reminded me of Jutunn. That's not a compliment.

AodhWed 23-Jul-08 03:06 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70184, "? lolwut?"
In response to Reply #52
Edited on Wed 23-Jul-08 03:41 PM

You were the cheetah/ram, I remember fighting you about twice, both solo as I recall. But I'm sure you have logs to prove me wrong.

edit: I remember, I am wrong. Sey and I did fight you once or twice, but what do you expect when you help raid us?

Seyriannia (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 04:22 PM

#70185, "He is the cheetah that wasnt a scion."
In response to Reply #53

The one we thought was the scion. We summoned him to see. I attempted to sleep as per our goal. Macha decided to go for a mental jolt/neuro which has started his whole crying fest.

The imms thrive on the situations people in forms get confused for someone else with the same form. Which happened here. Except vely cant seem to get over it. Which can be understandable.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:07 PM

#70193, "Once I could understand. Five or six times?"
In response to Reply #54

And Macha was the only one who apologized

Seyriannia (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:20 PM

#70197, "If I hunted you after that"
In response to Reply #60

I honestly didnt know it was you or recall ever hitting a cheatah after that. I only recall that one instance and attempted to notify you(honestly, I thought it went to you but perhaps it went to the scion shifter that you should be wary. We mistakened you for the other cheetah that was out of form there not long ago where you decided to run by and thus get summoned(weald)).

Velyzaggon (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:15 PM

#70255, "See, I can except this post."
In response to Reply #64

No, never got your tell.

YOU (as in Sey) never attacked me AFTER that. However, you did try to sleep me with Glordath and Macha in the Weald earlier that week at least once(Glordath wasn't camo, I ran up and nuzzle'd him and you sang cold be sleep, I was the only shifter on) and you also attacked me with a song when I was fighting Kostyan about a month before that (I think it was in Imperial Lands though it might have been on Eastern). I always figured it was because I was orderly. When some other random Outlander attacked me before all this happened, he told me he thought I was a Tribunal.

I mean, it just adds up. I don't think you have horrible roleplay, and I don't look at you with the contempt I am beginning to have for Ixilth. I was just pissed that goodies would be attacking me, a neutral shifter who loves everyone and hooks anyone up with gear/info/bitch-ranking etc, without an explanation other than 'We thought you were someone else'. It's not in the realm of going OOC or permaing, I personally just think that that is Bleh roleplay.

I will save all my other thoughts on you until you delete (because I've interacted with you with other chars).

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:41 PM

#70200, "You screwed up in your own post."
In response to Reply #54

You really need to summon, cold be sleep and neuro me to SEE IF I WAS SCION? WTF kinda of #### is that for goodie roleplay? Seriously? The three of you were all goodies. I'm not asking for you to perma with me and hook me up with shinies, but an apology would have been nice. Or if one of you talked to me other than 'You have an Orderly aura. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!'. What's funny is the only cabals that have tried to kill me are Empire, Battle and Outlander. And OUTLANDER HAS DONE IT THE MOST. Even though I have raided for the Head, attacked Kostyan/any other imperial at will, etc etc etc. Even Battle didn't try that #### with me (well, actually a bunch of villagers did jump in my fight with Verzbit, but hey, they are villagers and I feel bad because I DID burn down their village).

I'm done arguing this point.

Seyriannia (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:58 PM

#70202, "Not really. There were two cheetahs"
In response to Reply #67

logged in around the same time. At the time none of us even knew you were a cheetah. We knew the scion was one. But keep blowing smoke.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:09 PM

#70194, "I never once touched the Huntress until Outlanders had ..."
In response to Reply #53

But by all means, keep telling me lies to explain your actions.

AodhWed 23-Jul-08 06:57 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70201, "Take a deep breath and calm down :) ~"
In response to Reply #61

nt

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:37 PM

#70204, "RE: No offense, but I thought this char was utter crap."
In response to Reply #52

You are another that talks like a champ, but are really only a champion of running and talking. Yes you did finally get me to flee on the Open Plains, after you had run for so long that all my preps and controls fell. You attacked the Tree, you wre nothing special to Ix just another fool who had no reason to attack the Refuge. I hunted anyone who ever struck the Huntress, ask Nhoem and Crytodiro about that if you dont believe me, or Jakziim. I had no reason to hunt Nexuns, other than that they attacked the Refuge, and hunt them I did, every time I saw them.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:53 PM

#70205, "You crack me up."
In response to Reply #71

I'm sorry I used tactics instead of flyto target;murder target;shift gator;bite.

Way to roleplay a gnome though.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:03 PM

#70210, "RE: You crack me up."
In response to Reply #72

And I love how another person sees fleeing from everyone who attacks them as tactics, I already stated your a champ runner.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:06 PM

#70253, "Do me a favor, grow up and stop being a twat. NT"
In response to Reply #77

NT

Velyzaggon (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 02:07 PM

#70254, "You still never answered my questions."
In response to Reply #71

But that's alright. I understand if you don't have answers that won't make you look like the whiney bitch you are.

EshvalWed 23-Jul-08 12:11 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#70169, "For my part"
In response to Reply #0

I watched you more than most, and I am not interested in commenting on your RP, others have covered this and you have addressed your feelings.

Regarding imm participation in a character's life: For me to act requires an impetus a catalyst that is character-driven or situational, and I never had one of those with you. If I assume to personna of an Ancient, it requires that I am mindful and cognizant of Outlander Dogma lest I make some blunder. I don't really like stepping into another cabal's/immortal's area, it can end very poorly.

Sometimes getting immortal input is based on nothing but luck.

eshval@carrionfields.com

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them. - Source unknown

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 12:19 PM

#70172, "RE: For my part"
In response to Reply #41

If you watched me more than most, then I would ask that you tell me what I was doing wrong, since I already know I am not the greatest at RP perhaps some insight to help in the future would be warranted. I know you didnt see alot of emotes, because I rarely use them, but his actions were always a bloodthirsty, vengeful gnome who hated civilization, I think I only ever told one or two people his story of getting kicked out of Hillcrest for being a bum, in retrospect I should have written a role I imagine. I know bloodthirsty and vengeful arnt typical gnome traits, but hell thats why he was an Outlander, a misfit who didnt fit in with the 'normal' gnomes.

EshvalWed 23-Jul-08 01:00 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#70176, "Feel free"
In response to Reply #43

to drop me an email and I would be happy to respond as I get the spare time.

eshval@carrionfields.com

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them. - Source unknown

Liluthiyan (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:08 AM

#70155, "Oh my friend"
In response to Reply #0

I certainly had fun when you were around, whether it was you sitting on your duff waiting for me to run wherever we were going, watching us lose AGAIN to that accursed tattoo, helping me regear yet again, we spent a lot of time together. I always enjoyed having you around. I tried my best to IC'ly stave off your bitterness and get you to just roll with things, but apparently it didn't work. On a personal note, I've played some long stretches of very long logins like you did, and that contributed to the burnout of the character also.

You had a lot of heart and were always trying. I don't care what anyone else says, I respect that. Good luck with your next, I hope you've gained some insights about rp that might help you have more fun in that realm of the game. It helps me to think of a character's life like a novel or movie, and to really get a feel for the character's "worldview". I know you'll figure it out. It takes time and practice, just like anything else.

Had fun, we'll miss you. You are lucky you deleted when Lil wasn't awake though, or she would have skinned you!

Krikar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:25 AM

#70153, "Well well"
In response to Reply #0

I can't say im sorry to see you go. You made my life living hell, if it wasnt you flying to me it was one of the umpteen other air offensive shifters. Getting you to convulsing was about as close as I ever got. ABS + alligator sure was pwn sauce for my build.
Good luck with your next char. I hope its not a battlefortlander.

DaevrynWed 23-Jul-08 12:00 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#70167, "Aside:"
In response to Reply #26

I don't know how air shifter kills a warrior with your build. I just don't.

Krikar (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:13 PM

#70212, "RE: Aside:"
In response to Reply #39

LoL I know! This is my first warrior that made it past the 30s so I can chalk some things up to a learning curve. Heh

Random Person (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:51 AM

#70147, "You can't expect a quest form, dude"
In response to Reply #0

That is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Nothing personal, but I've known dozens of hero shifters and of all the ones I've known, only three or four got quest forms, and that was for exceptional RP, and most of them were extremely competent at PK, too.

Not saying you weren't, but man, you already got a leader spot, quest spell, and custom title. If you had a last name, I'm sure you would have gotten that too. What more do you really want? Thats a lot more than most people get.

I also want to address some other statements:

-> only once in Ix's entire life did we lose the fetish while I was awake, and that was to a Scion army of Igbah, Luvren, Kharnial, Waris, and Kehade and I just felt Ix never got the recognition he should have from the Ancients.

Like Kharnial said, this is due more to the fact that there was a large population of active, competent outlanders and that your traditional major enemy cabals (tribunal, empire, and scion) were very weak than the fact that you were so badass. I'm not trying to offend you here. But this had less to do with you individually than it did the nature of the cabal balance right now.

-> Carintsei- Just bad, bad form to spit on someone who just killed you and is standing guard over everything in your corpse(except the coins of course), I started to feel bad about how easy you were to kill, and stopped hunting you except in raiding situations, but after that episode I fully had plans to leave you naked.

are you sure you're separating IC and OOC? A guy from an underdog cabal who is your mortal enemy spits on you after you kill him and you decide you want to full loot him? Woah there. I could understand that if he killed you and got six lowbies to loot your corpse while talking about your mother and implying that you were a homosexual, but that seems like a bit of an overreaction to just a simple emote, you know?

-> (To Kostyan) your bleeding did more damage than most warriors ever managed to deliver in a fight against Ix,

So apparently Kostyan was a difficult fight but Kresin and Carintsei, whose methods of causing bleeding are the exact same as his, were not? This is interesting =P

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:02 AM

#70149, "RE: You can't expect a quest form, dude"
In response to Reply #20

I spent countless hours as the only Outlander awake, with plenty of Tribunals, Scions, and Imperials around, I repeat, only once did they take the Fetish, and they tried several times, yes the gator was pretty bad ass, and with the Spirit tagging along they wanted no part of it, regardless of what they may say here, actions speak louder than words. And Kresin, and Carintsei hardly have the same power Kostyan had, bleeding+sigil of pain+healing curse=dead pretty much every time.

Waris (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:47 AM

#70146, "Yah"
In response to Reply #0

Lets just forget about all the times I retrieved and killed a few outlanders when it was just me vs the 4 + of you.

And also lets forget the times I slunk in and popped you in the mouth when the tides were finally not in your favor. They certainly weren't in mine either at the time or do you forget that as soon as you died at the Captain that I then became the trib target?

I mean I will happily forget how much this gnome reminded me of the last harbinger gnome.. and pretty much every other neutral shapeshifter I've met in my time CFing. With very, VERY few exceptions.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:05 AM

#70150, "RE: Yah"
In response to Reply #19

You NEVER retrieved, not once when I was awake, and definitely not against four of us, and yeah you killed me once, at the Captain, while facing Fendril and about four other Tribunals, arnt you a bad ass. We both know that anytime I flew to you, unless I did so without rodding up, that you ran, if you happened to land a hit and realize I wastn protected you might try to fight, but if you hit and mauled, you were gone, and cowering.

Waris (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:09 AM

#70152, "All I can see in this thread in all your replies"
In response to Reply #23

Is waaah waaah. You wouldn't die like a chump to me so I ganged you horribly lacking any real tactics.

***You NEVER retrieved, not once when I was awake

You and I both know this isn't true. Or are you intentionally forgetting the incident where the 4 man gang failed to kill me when I was fiended at 25% HP, insected in galadon with 30% movement?

Furthering that. Whatever happened to all those times me and Igbah took the fetish from you just the two of us vs you, you know the times you didn't come defend at all and instead sent lowbies to retrieve? Forgetting that too?

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:29 AM

#70154, "RE: All I can see in this thread in all your replies"
In response to Reply #25

Not true and we both know it, and yes you tried to retrieve a couple time when I was awake, didnt say you didnt, but you never succeeded. As for you and Igbah taking the fetish and me not coming, everyone should know thats just bs, I came ANYTIME the huntress yelled, even if it was a lowbie I couldnt harm, I didnt care if Ix died so why would I not come and defend. You can sit here and make up situations all you want Waris, but I and everyone else knows you are another prone to cower/sleep unless there are several Scions awake. I can guarantee you that there was never a raid on the Refuge where I did not respond, so go make your lame claims elsewhere.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 05:25 PM
1282 posts
#70188, "Enough of this from you two."
In response to Reply #27

There are PBFs for this stuff! The PBFs will show if you shined or if you didn't. That's one of the nice thing about being leaders. If you don't see a lot of comments, you know you didn't stand out. If you do see a lot of comments, you know you stood out. Whether you stood out in a good way or bad way is another story.

DaevrynWed 23-Jul-08 11:53 AM
11117 posts
#70163, "RE: Yah"
In response to Reply #19

>Lets just forget about all the times I retrieved and killed a
>few outlanders when it was just me vs the 4 + of you.

Sounds like this would be an interesting log to post.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:55 AM

#70164, "RE: Yah"
In response to Reply #36

Its a log that doesnt exist because it never happened.

Waris (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:12 PM

#70196, "Sadly. I don't think I have more than 1 or 2 logs"
In response to Reply #36

But I'd love to post it if I find it.

DaevrynWed 23-Jul-08 09:13 AM
11117 posts
#70144, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #0

Don't take me to be trashing your character; I'm hoping this can be taken as constructive criticism.

RPwise, this character didn't really feel like an Outlander to me.

I mean, yes, of course you fought the enemies of the Outlander cabal, and you weren't shy about trying to take it to them, which I would guess had a lot to do with you getting Harbinger, but... it felt like a very white hat black hat kind of thing. Outlanders are the good guys, Empire/Tribunal/conjurers/etc. are the bad guys, and we're going to try to kill each other.

Basically, if I took a log of you and edited out mention of who was in which cabal or cabal-specific insults and the like, the fact that you're this chaotic neutral Outlander gnome should still come across pretty well. I feel like for Ixlith, a lot of the time it didn't.

And I grant you, part of the burden of being a shifter is that you generally have to try twice as hard as anyone else to get your RP to come across as well.

PKwise / cabal duty wise I think you did fine for yourself; this is the next area you'd need to work on for me personally to watch you and think, I should give this guy something cool.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 09:32 AM

#70145, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #17

Just wondering if maybe you could clarify this for me a little, I am curious as to what exactly about Ixilth didnt come across as an Outlander. I spent very little time in the cities, I RP'ed alot of meditation/communing with the Ancients in the wilds, I spent hours on end trying to talk to others about why Thar Eris should be returned, even to the point of Lyristeon dropping a rock in the middle of a discussion I was having, and telling me that it would listen better than the person I was trying to talk to. I can take constructice criticism no problem, as I would really like to get better at the RP, but I just cant get into the triggered emote (i.e. How Waris sits and stands in that odd way every time he rests), it seems very rote and boring to myself. Perhaps a little clarification of what you are speaking of might help me to better understand.

DaevrynWed 23-Jul-08 09:59 AM
11117 posts
#70148, "RE: Goodbyes, and such and so forth."
In response to Reply #18

>Just wondering if maybe you could clarify this for me a
>little

Sure, I'll try.

I think as I'm thinking about it more, it's just more that the character really didn't feel chaotic to me.

And, I grant you, that's a hard line to walk, given that Outlanders do have some points of dogma they basically can't bend on (although there are others where I feel like there's more gray area than is typically realized or taken advantage of in crafting roles), and given that you shouldn't be playing an Entropy's-bottom-of-the-barrel style chaotic stupid character.

I'll keep thinking about that; someone else might have more insight here than I do.

>I spent hours on end trying to talk to others about why Thar Eris
>should be returned

I didn't personally witness any of this, and that might be some of our disconnect. Sometimes random samples of moments in your life shows you to be cooler than you really are, sometimes it goes the other way.

I'm not a giant fan of standard emotes or standard rest/sleep emotes or permanent esays or any of that either, for what it's worth.

Fendril (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:41 AM

#70141, "I already commented on you in my thread, but..."
In response to Reply #0

I will say this about you comments about imm interaction. I played for 620 hours. Double what you did. And the only imm interaction I got (and by that I mean talking directly to an IMM IC) was when I was promoted to Justiciar (although it was Lys as an Edict of the Law, not as an IMM), Marcatis when I was promoted to Provost, and Lys again once when he told me he wanted to raid the spirit (Awesome by the way). Oh! I also spoke to Marcatis when I promoted people to Provincial (Provost can't do that) and when I had to remove the drow who's name is escaping me at the moment.

You got a quest spell in half my lifetime, I got a legacy and a couple edges. If you had played for another 300 hours I have no doubt you would have seen more. I would venture to guess that 95% of my Imm interaction was in the last 200 hours.

PS - To the IMMs, I am by no way complaining about what I got, it was amazing.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:48 AM

#70142, "RE: I already commented on you in my thread, but..."
In response to Reply #15

I probably would have stayed for a while longer had I gotten any kind of interaction with the Ancients. But at 350 hours I had zilch, so do the math, you with four interactions, an extra legacy, and some edges, at 600 hours, which is alot, and me with nothing at 350 hours, which is still quite a few hours. I would say the ratio doesnt nearly equal out.

Fendril (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:31 AM

#70157, "I disagree, take a look at my PBF..."
In response to Reply #16

If I had deleted at 350 hour, I would have been Justiciar and that was about it. No Title, No Legacy, No Leader position (Yes, for some reason Justiciar and Vindicator are NOT considered leaders), one edge, and only one interaction. Almost everthing I got was because of my longevity and willingness to stick it out. I don't think my RP or anything was better after the 350 mark, but the fact that I was still around and still fighting the fight was what I think helped me out.

Imms, please correct me if I am wrong.

The only thing I tink you had going against you was (and I think I only saw it twice) was that you let your OOC bitterness show through a bit. Maybe I'm wrong and it was your RP, I hope I am wrong. Everytime I started to feel like it was going to start coming through from me, I would quit for the day.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:44 AM

#70159, "RE: I disagree, take a look at my PBF..."
In response to Reply #30

The bitterness you speak of was in IC thing, Ix was always willing to speak with you, hell we talked more than I talked to some Outlanders, and we were always cordial and respectful even though we were mortal enemies, so Ix felt that you were one step above the rest of the strip/loot lot that seems to abound these days. He was quite bitter when (as I explained in your thread) I died and you started taking my things and giving them to your underlings. Ix felt that you perhaps repsected him as he respected you, a strong foe and someone worthy of respect regardless, Ix took the time to regather things you lost to the lowbies of the Refuge, getting some items back from them, others from the Hollow, and the things I grabbed myself to keep them from being taken, and returning them to you, and an hour later your handing my stamina ring to Laraiyin, so it was definitely IC bitterness as Ix felt quite betrayed by that action.

Fendril (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:51 AM

#70162, "I actually wasn't so much talking about that time..."
In response to Reply #32

I was more thinking about You and Peth and you and Soidel.

As far as me handing Lara the ring, as I said, I needed to find someway to punish you for being a criminal. I can't take your leader weapon. But that is neither here nor there.

The main point of my other thread was about the imm interaction and rewards, not the bitterness.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:59 AM

#70165, "RE: I actually wasn't so much talking about that time....."

Let me clear up once and for all the deal with Soidel, she stripped me bare twice, not to use my things but to put them in the pit in the Spire. When I asked why her reply was "You make my life harder." So yes, when she died and lost her unholy Ix laughed in her face, how is this OOC? Peth was just a pain in my ass, I mean even in the city my gator could barely touch him, and he found me once sleeping in the Dranettie woods nearly dead, killed me and stripped me bare, so when he died I sacrificed everything he wore, thats just revenge plain and simple, once again I dont see the OOC bitterness in it.

Fendril (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 12:04 PM

#70168, "My appologies then"
In response to Reply #0

If it was your RP, then I was wrong.

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 01:54 PM

#70180, "If you are not happy, you could always Feck off!?"
In response to Reply #16

Play the game for the game and not for any extra spoils you THINK you might be owed. People like you get right on my ####!

-----Abernyte

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 05:38 PM
1282 posts
#70189, "You are way off base here."
In response to Reply #16

Fendril got all of the really cool stuff after 354 hours. Same as Igbah.

Fendril was, by far, the best Trib with hours, criminals wanted, criminals caught and doing the absolute right thing most of the time. He did it without any help for a really long time.

You weren't even the deadliest guy in your cabal. There is someone who is starting to reap the rewards of their efforts in Outlander who has more defiler kills than anybody by a HUGE margin.

Again, you did a good job and you should be really proud of what you did. But, don't go so far overboard patting yourself on the back. You weren't all of that. At least not yet or with this character. But, you're getting there!

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:00 PM

#70208, "RE: You are way off base here."
In response to Reply #57

Your right, but I dont believe I ever said I was all that, I simply stated that I received no Imm attention. I did get some things from an Imm, all in one night. The 'questy' weekend thing, and I wasnt tooting my own horn, but as I stated in an earlier post it just seems way too cliquish at the top levels. I mean I know you dont owe me any explanations, but the Jayundar thing would really ease my mind. How did she manage to go from "All I ever see her do is practice spells", to tattoed and titled in two days? I spent a couple months online for several hours a day playing Ixilth, dealing with stupid applicants, raids, fights, Outlander who think that once they get in all they have to do is their own thing because their 'free', and random other pieces of ####. All these people flaming me, is really starting to gripe my ass alot, my only complaint was that I didnt get any Immteraction, and besides that one quest which I repeat was for EVERYONE and I just happened to win, I didnt. I got none, zilch, nothing. Regardless of wether I was the most deathful in the Cabal or not, which I dont doubt tht I wasnt, I challenge you to find another gator shifter with more. I was always willing to fight whoever, wherever, sorry if I didnt do enough cheesy ass emoting to make it fun for other people, but I play how I enjoy playing, does this mean that Ix didnt deserve some Ancient attention, not IMHO, but of course we can all point at faults and flame and talk about how he was bossy, and how he always attacked me, its just this kind of #### which makes these forums a waste of space.

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 08:23 PM
1282 posts
#70214, "I explained most of this in another of my posts under J..."
In response to Reply #75

As you can see, everyone is going to take their own opinions as to how a player played. To say you received no imm attention when you got all that you did and there are heroes out there with more hours than you that don't have half of that. You had no role, no imm you prayed to and nobody to look over you. And you still got 7000 exp, 2 edges, the shield spell and some con.

Just stop and think about that for a moment. Regardless of how little the imms could read about you and get into your head for interaction, you still got all that.

At this very moment, there are 11 players on who are level 45-51. And not a single one has as much as you. In fact, if you take away role updates, which you had none, you have more imm exp than those 11 combined.

Dude, let me put it to you straight. You are coming across as a whack job.

Carintsei (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:26 AM

#70139, "Comments"
In response to Reply #0

OOC, I'm sorry you felt insulted that my char spit on you. However, IC, I had just unghosted after being ganged and partially looted, and didn't appreciate flyto/murder shifter #8 swooping down while I was engaged in regearing. Especially when the Fortress and Outlander always seemed to try and spam kill me each timed I unghosted. OOC - I appreciated the non-loot of my gear (though it was/is usually all pretty mediocre crap that noone in their right mind would need anyways).

You had much success against me when I was younger and you were hero. I had hoped we could fight some when I was hero and see if the score was evened. I think it would have been.

Kostyan (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:45 AM

#70134, "Sorry WB, I never died to you"
In response to Reply #0

It was a poison from the prep. The log is on the log board.

Beside that - you were just another worhless newbie WB. And its easy to pwn Kostyan's build with your build. You are just a newbie. Learn a bit. And...I don't show respect to idiots and WB. Bye bye.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:55 AM

#70135, "RE: Sorry WB, I never died to you"
In response to Reply #9

Ive been playing here for years, so I am hardly a newbie, and thats about the stupidest damn thing I have ever heard thats its easy to pwn Kostyan with a shifter, like I said your just a worthless Russian asshole.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:58 AM

#70136, "RE: Sorry WB, I never died to you"
In response to Reply #9

And if you died from poison one tick after I got you to convulsing, then yeah, you pretty much died to me, so f**k off. Go stand in line to buy toilet paper or something you prick.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:03 AM

#70137, "This is why there are so few newbies who stick with thi..."
In response to Reply #11

Your veteran playerbase is cluttered with ####heads and morons who can barely type in english, and who think just because they have played here for years it makes them something special. Yet they still seem to be the ones who get all the love, while showing nothing but disrespect to new people who do come. Ive been here for years, and never bothered to post here much, and now I remember why, I am not part of the little clique. So to all you who will post about me being whiny and bad RP, and bad PK, I will say right up front you can kiss the blackest part of my white ass.

AbernyteWed 23-Jul-08 04:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#70128, "nipping you ears cub."
In response to Reply #0

I was not overly keen on Ix because of his general attitude to others. You came across as a bossy know it all and in the refuge where the strongest get to the top a young gnome coming up the ranks and being a bossy twat, before making harbinger, is going to annoy the big evil giant so I spoke as I felt needed and nipped your ears. After it was done, for me it was over and I am glad you were the same. The attitude of your farewell post/self I think leaked into Ix and it is a shame.

-----Abernyte

P.S. Never expect a special form ever and if it does happen...enjoy it but don't waste your enjoyment wishing for one.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:49 AM

#70131, "RE: nipping you ears cub."
In response to Reply #3

You nipped my ears yes, after Niz gave you shields, and Macha hastened you yes, not to mention I was a shifter fighting a ranger in the woods, so I was at a disadvantage already. I never really liked Naboueh at all, showed very little spirit to Ix at all. And if you remember I wasnt being bossy, I got angry with you because you struck a friend of mine while we were hunting Imperials on the Open Sea. Hrrmm, Outlander striking at somebody whos fighting Imperials, and also has posted a couple notes telling us that they were seeking a branch, so yeah Ix got miffed.

Naboueh (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 08:19 AM

#70138, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #6

I had my own haste and aura and stone skin. No one helped me one bit and you can have friends if you like but as an evil outlander I never saw the need.

-----Abernyte

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 01:49 PM

#70179, "P.S. I also never had herbs because I healed the centau..."
In response to Reply #13

Not to mention I could not ambush you as you could see me so I had to waste rounds with dirt/flee/return and ambush so don't give me the fighting a ranger in the woods guff. You had abs etc and still lost and then looked for excuses and tried to blame Nizi and Macha.

-----Abernyte

P.P.S. If they did, and they didn't but if they did help me over a neutral gnome shifter, that should tell you you were being a cock about it.

Nivek1Wed 23-Jul-08 11:17 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70156, "This right here..."
In response to Reply #6

... shows me you don't understand as much about Outlander as you think you do.

Folsa

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:46 AM

#70160, "RE: This right here..."
In response to Reply #29

Mind clarifying that a bit, as I am always willing to learn.

DaevrynWed 23-Jul-08 11:59 AM
11117 posts
#70166, "RE: This right here..."
In response to Reply #29

I sort of disagree here:

I think Naboueh is well within the RP of a CE Outlander to pick the fights he did as described here, yet, I also think Ixlith is well within the RP of a CN Outlander to get pissed about it.

Or, maybe I misunderstand the point you're making.

Nivek1Thu 24-Jul-08 12:48 PM
655 posts
#70249, "RE: This right here..."
In response to Reply #38

It appeared from the post that the _player_ was pissed that an evil outlander would do such a thing, rather than merely the character's RP reaction.

If such was not the case, then I apologize to you, Ix.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 02:35 AM

#70126, "Decent character"
In response to Reply #0

I don't mean to criticize.

Truth be told, I don't know why you got Harbringer. Initially, I did see you as another gnome murder flyto shifter who wasn't really that great at pk or rp. Through my CF 'career', I never really had trouble with any flyto/murder shifter (not even Teldasill), so I can't really comment on other people moaning about it. Later on you came to you own, somewhat, but no, not really. There's maybe...2?...that stand out in the Outlanders, and the rest just mesh together. Even for a Harbringer, you weren't really that impressive. I was more annoyed with insect swarm then you. As a shifter, your tactics weren't really viable. Granted the tiger form is the crown jewel of the shifter forms, but you could have utilized other means then hope to outdamage and hope for the outlander horde to rescue your ass.

The reason why people only took the Fetish once while you were around is because there are Outlanders around. Heck, I can make the argument that when I'm around and there are less than 3 people in an enemy cabal, I don't get raid, and I don't lose the Scepter. Granted the Outlanders are a strong cabal at the moment with very active players, but during your reign, you guys traveled in packs. Plain and simple, and no going around it. Quite unfortunate.

I didn't really get much of a sense of RP from you, to tell you the truth. For instance, a certain elf bard can be a #### bitch, but upon interaction with her, I have a really good idea of what her RP is. I think it's hard to get a immteraction, etc. if you don't actively pursue a religion or if your RP is just cloud berserker rager sword greeting #1251213213.

Also, gators shouldn't seal pk. That's what you have the air form for. I've had the gator with a recent character (before Kharnial) and it's actually a great form if used properly.

In the end, I think you did a decent job. You didn't really much lead as a harbringer should, at least from my limited perspective - instead, it was simply going with the flow. You did get a bit better after you got the Harbringer spot, but that improvement seemed to become stagnant quickly.

Anyways, good luck with your next one.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:45 AM

#70130, "RE: Decent character"
In response to Reply #2

Not true at all, we hunted you in a pack because you were real quick to run and your tattoo prevented the swarm from having any effect whatsoever, so why it would bother you so much I have no idea. You come across like you didnt flee nintey percent of the time when I attacked you alone. Lets be honest about that at least. But most, and by most I mean nearly all of my PK kills came alone, the only ones that didnt were in raid situations, and Peth simply because I couldnt touch the damn ranger. As for you not knowing why I got Harbinger, join the club, because neither did I. But your comment on me not leading is pure bs, any one who played an Outlander at the time Ix was around can tell you that he ALWAYS led, probably too much actually as it seemed to annoy the hell out of everyone.

And if your gator form shifter was so nice, why didnt you even bother to hero before you deleted it, I remember the char your talking about, was also an Eshval follower. Gator bites real hard and that makes people see it as tough, but it isnt NEARLY as good as tiger or others for PK.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 10:07 AM

#70151, "Don't get your panties in a bunch"
In response to Reply #5

I said from my limited perspective, I didn't get the feeling that you led. If I were in the Outlanders, and given other people's feedback, I probably would've experienced it.

As for the gator, I got the armadillo to counterpart it. I would've taken anything else...in retrospect, I should've kept the character to explore. Oh well.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:32 AM

#70158, "BTW, I only used that special power 3 times against Out..."
In response to Reply #24

I'm really good at escaping if/when I have to. That's 3 times in almost 100+ hours against Outlander gank (random encounters, retrievals, raids, etc.)

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 11:49 AM

#70161, "RE: BTW, I only used that special power 3 times against..."
In response to Reply #31

If thats true then you have some other way to simply vanish while you are affected by insect swarm, and it wasnt an orb of travel. I am sure Liluthiyan and Seyriannia will agree that it happened at least that many times in one retrieval attempt.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 12:14 PM

#70171, "Utility forms + I run as if a gay drunken pedophile pro..."
In response to Reply #34

Also, area knowledge (ie where an area stops and where it begins) together with memorizing steps makes for very quick and efficient getaways.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 12:24 PM

#70173, "Air forms, and you just vanishing into thin air"
In response to Reply #42

Not gonna float, as when you disappeared I would shift and go airborne looking for you, you were not even close to the Refuge within a matter of seconds.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 12:40 PM

#70174, "I dunno what to say dude...I'm just better at the game ..."
In response to Reply #44

Maybe I have a faster connection...or it may be my utility forms.

Not to ruffle your feathers...

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 01:05 PM

#70177, "RE: I dunno what to say dude...I'm just better at the g..."
In response to Reply #45

If I had an Imm in my pocket granting all my desires then perhaps things might once again be even. As for you being better, thats just funny, better at running perhaps. Not sure why you felt the need to flame me, I kind of liked Kharnial and was just a bit jealous of the quest form, had nothing bad to say about you in my post. But in all honesty, without the tattoo, and the quest form, your just another tiger.

Kharnial (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 01:36 PM

#70178, "Whoa whoa"
In response to Reply #47

My semi-flamatory comments were in response to your overall initial post about how you didn't get the attention you thought you deserved.

As for 'an imm in my pocket' I actively tried to RP with my deity and whatnot. Maybe she's just more active then others and I got the fruits of my labor.

I thought your character was decent. Not really noticeable, but then again, I compare all outlander shifter leaders to Aesrira (an unfair comparison imho)

Also, another tiger? Low blow! Especially since most of my time was fighting off 3+ outlanders/fort/villagers trying to retrieve my god damned Scepter. Stupid stick

LyristeonWed 23-Jul-08 05:51 PM
1282 posts
#70190, "Uncalled for."
In response to Reply #47

I can honestly say, without a doubt, that Kharnial is earning exactly what they are getting.

Amusing (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 09:04 AM

#70244, "Im glad someone plays their forms out for a while"
In response to Reply #2

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=69727&mesg_id=69766&page=

Here you admit to powergaming until you got forms in a certain catagory you wanted. Many others would do it too if they had the time. I just dont think you should be telling him how great other forms are when you brushed them over. It doesnt matter how many 'great' roles you write when in the end its dependant upon form combo that decides if you are even going to make that role a point. I'd be more amazed had you been able to beat the perception and took Scion someplace with the gator/armadillo you threw away with the apparent skill/knowledge you have.

To tell him he needed to come at your alone and then call in the other outlanders to save him is stupid. If anything.. solo encounters usually always benefit a tiger in the means of killing or escaping. The same is not true for the gator.

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 24-Jul-08 04:40 PM

#70263, "Hahahaha, Classic ~"
In response to Reply #108

~

Kornuel (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 02:00 AM

#70125, "Whinney bitch nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 06:38 AM

#70129, "RE: Whinney bitch nt"
In response to Reply #1

I imagine you probably play someone I pwned on a regular basis n/t

Kornuel (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:11 AM

#70132, "Haven't played after Kornual like 2 monthes.."
In response to Reply #4

created one like 2 weeks ago and no I had no deal with you other than seeing you on who list. It's only your post.

Ixilth (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 07:13 AM

#70133, "RE: Haven't played after Kornual like 2 monthes.."
In response to Reply #7

I didnt mean the post to come off as whiney at all, I was real disappointed in the fact that I got no Imm attention at all, and thats about the only negative I made in the post that I saw, if that makes me a whiney a bitch then I suppose your right.

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 23-Jul-08 02:01 PM

#70181, "It is your attitude to 'Everyone' that is the problem"
In response to Reply #8

I hope when you come back to reread these in a few days time you will realize how you come across.

You clearly think you are something special so you must be young or one of those horrible people who have been built up by 'Helicopter parents' to believe they are amazing and have cringe-worthy levels of self-confidence. Either way it is time to wake up and grow up.

Noone has annoyed me like you have for years on these forums.

-----Abernyte

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #70124 Previous topic | Next topic