Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Chance..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69687
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-Jul-08 01:28 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69687, "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Chancellor of Eternal Night"

Thu Jul 3 01:27:19 2008

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Igbah perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:789

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'll just say one thing, Theerkla, 04-Jul-08 08:55 AM, #16
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Iggy (Guest), 04-Jul-08 08:50 AM, #14
Reply Well done., Lyristeon, 04-Jul-08 09:31 AM, #17
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Ruhktanshi (Guest), 04-Jul-08 11:43 AM, #18
Reply Iggy, Ruk is telling the truth. She wouldn't rank my s..., DaBull (Guest), 04-Jul-08 02:50 PM, #24
Reply Are you telling me..., Fendril (Guest), 04-Jul-08 12:23 PM, #19
Reply So, I'm waiting, Eshval, 04-Jul-08 12:30 PM, #20
Reply Blow #### up guy has left the building, Waris (Guest), 04-Jul-08 12:40 PM, #21
Reply Beast, Xubetok (Guest), 04-Jul-08 02:29 PM, #22
Reply Was fun, you're a BEAST., Velyzaggon (Guest), 04-Jul-08 02:48 PM, #23
Reply Kickass!, Kharnial (Guest), 04-Jul-08 03:14 PM, #25
Reply Sad and forgotten :(. nt, Gramoak (Guest), 04-Jul-08 05:16 PM, #27
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Karjiin (Guest), 04-Jul-08 05:30 PM, #28
Reply I Heart Your Characters, Kastellyn, 04-Jul-08 10:01 PM, #29
Reply RE: I Heart Your Characters, Isildur, 04-Jul-08 11:20 PM, #30
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Shadowmaster, 04-Jul-08 11:48 PM, #31
Reply You forgot me. :(, Khrathtyn (Guest), 05-Jul-08 12:42 AM, #32
Reply Great Job, Berox (Guest), 05-Jul-08 05:50 PM, #33
Reply Thats what I get for playing when I'm tired, Waris (Guest), 05-Jul-08 05:52 PM, #34
Reply Ugh I wrote a reply and then it got eaten..., Gryshilniar, 06-Jul-08 02:35 AM, #35
Reply RUN! RUN! RUN FROM ..., Throkk (Guest), 06-Jul-08 04:37 PM, #36
Reply Great Char...stxt, Jhoqu (Guest), 06-Jul-08 06:17 PM, #37
Reply Heya, Mek (Guest), 06-Jul-08 09:04 PM, #38
Reply Good job, Sletren (Guest), 07-Jul-08 03:03 AM, #39
Reply Brinkmun was the commander of battle, kickass char! n/t, BerakDeiha (Guest), 07-Jul-08 03:13 AM, #40
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Luvren (Guest), 08-Jul-08 10:09 PM, #41
Reply There was nothing I could do to you, Inger (Guest), 08-Jul-08 10:16 PM, #42
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Corsix (Guest), 08-Jul-08 11:26 PM, #43
Reply Thanks, Hrefnwik (Guest), 15-Jul-08 02:46 PM, #44
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Patick, 04-Jul-08 08:02 AM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Cyruil (Guest), 04-Jul-08 12:04 AM, #12
Reply Outstanding character., Satebos (Guest), 03-Jul-08 04:04 PM, #11
Reply RE: Outstanding character., Iggy (Guest), 04-Jul-08 08:54 AM, #15
     Reply Yeah, you were beastly there., Satebos (Guest), 04-Jul-08 04:13 PM, #26
Reply Wow..., some dude (Guest), 03-Jul-08 01:31 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Greae (Guest), 03-Jul-08 10:20 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Praeto (Guest), 03-Jul-08 10:15 AM, #8
Reply Awesome Enemy, Fjarn, 03-Jul-08 09:10 AM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Mizfara (Guest), 03-Jul-08 08:41 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..., Iggy (Guest), 03-Jul-08 08:29 AM, #5
Reply Awesome., Twist, 03-Jul-08 07:48 AM, #4
Reply Five chars of mine interacted with you... Kickass dude!, fivechars (Guest), 03-Jul-08 07:07 AM, #3
Reply What a transformation...., Abernytee (Guest), 03-Jul-08 02:51 AM, #2
Reply Oh my god my idol is dead :(, Humbert (Guest), 03-Jul-08 02:34 AM, #1

TheerklaFri 04-Jul-08 08:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69743, "I'll just say one thing"
In response to Reply #0

You epitomize everything that is good about CF.

Iggy (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 08:50 AM

#69740, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Alright, so here we go...I always tried to bring Iggyness into cf....where I could be an evil bastard, but not really BE an evil bastard. I always tried not to full loot...yes, there are a few exceptions...I never tried to multi kill, and I always tried to lead by example through most of my life. I'm going to address this now but my take from a leader of a primarily evil cabal...why would you tell your subjects to not loot? If I killed you that's fine, but I caught some hell for a few guys full looting, and I understand that it does spill over in game, I also think it's pretty much uncalled for out of game....just what I think. Overall this char was way too much fun, and for the past 25 hours, I've been comtemplating rolling another IGGY with a few exceptions....I won't, but damit, it's tempting. I also am going to throw out a huge thak you to the Imms that hooked IGGY up, especially when Lyrist pretty much rekindled my fire to play this dude, man, you and esh pretty much are responsilbe for my last 300 hours of play...you both just made it way more interesting.

Goodbyes
Twist Your the ####, I've liked everyone of your dudes...Thanks for the fun
Eshval/Beroxxus You two came about at the perfect time, for a long time scion was an immless cabal, and believe me, it sucked....I love the little echos and voices going on, it's really awesome....Thanks.
Also, I got the feeling you wanted Waris to end me in our last little talks, I was kinda ready, and I kinda wanted it to happen, just to see how many charges I was worth.
Lyrist Dude, you rock. Completely turned this char around, Thank you
Iunna We had a few mixed interactions...always fun
I know I am missing some, which I probably will do throughout this thread, no on purpose guys.

Scion
I have been a hardcore villager throughout most of my CF career, but I LOVED every second in Scion...I loved it
Ravon Dude, your a beast, thanks for the explore...and thanks for the hell trip.
Waris I know you could take the chancellorship and run with it, but I'm wondering whats going to happen....Very cautious, and deadly..that's how you gotta be until you get an uber weap. Good luck man.
Fatty I don't care what peeps say, you rocked the hizi
Deiha Now how the hell do you up and delete the right hand of the most powerful dude in thera?
Dorzaan Your learning, lots of transformation, keep it going
Zorran? Yes, you do play some of the most badass invokers ever man, hope to see you back soon.
Ysa....Your thief half pissed me off, half made me laugh...It was always fun with you
Luvren Sorry about that full lootzor at the end there, I tried to kill em all, didn't get to, but I ####ing tried homie
Other dark elf trannie that Immed...I know you probably saw me come from suck to power...just takes a guy a little while to get outta villager mode and into scion mode
Elemek Yea, you of all peeps should know it takes a bit to get outta rager mode! I liked rollin with you, maybe we'll hook up again

Village
I think I only ever wanted to kill one of you very badly in my life, the rest, I knew I needed to kill you, but I'd try not to let it escalate from there, sorry guys, most times it just wasn't fair.

Fjarn Yea, you said it, respect all the way, luck with the immhood
Xubetok Ok, your a ####ing animal, I don't think I ever got you, damed impressive from my standpoint.
Jelenkan Dude, way to hang in there and fight....Huge set of hairy balls on you
Drog Yea, as soon as you traded me all the uber magic eq, then joined the village, you pretty much kicked me in the nuts....as a village lover. I painted a huge target on your back at that second, I am sorry however, I didn't want to ruin your char, and from what I saw, you had a stellar RP...Luck with next and yadayada
I know I'm missing alot, post it up boys, I'll reply

Nexus
I honestly tried to understand nexus thoughout the life of Iggy...Now I understand that one super badass evil guy might tip the balance over five lightwalkers(this was in my range) I do find it hard to believe that you as the wildcard in the equation...would hop on and try go gank down the lone darkie, with team lightwalker....Anyhow I tried to respect you guys, and the one time I got wacked by andaayhan and co and you guys managed to let sasha full me....I'm sorry for my blow up...I didn't have too many, but that day I had to fight not to hit delete...again I appoligize for that.
Praeto Yea, it was fun wreckin with you
Grecken We never really fought, maybe once or twice, well lived char
Andaayhan I knew you felt bad at the end when you let me off you like that....I'm sure you were just playing your side, but It did suck ass from mine...no hard feelings
Jakziim Always had to be careful around you ever since I mistook you for outtie on the ocean....way to bring it
I know I'm missing lots, post and I'll reply

Empire
I just read Kosty's thread, and yea, he's the only name that stick out....the rest of you guys post and I WILL REPLY

Kosty, your a ####ing machine, well done

Tribunal

Fendril We kinda had a love/hate relationship, sorry about our last interaction, but I was pretty much just looking for an end
I'm trying to remember more of you, but can't for some reason...Post/reply!

Outtie
There are some aspects of this cabal I absolutely love, and some that make me want to nuke the place that houses our server CF is full of stuff that can be taken as shady...believe me I know, but I try to never cheat, I try to play like I feel a char should be played....now having said that...darkies and lighties helping one another....if it was only obvious a few times...is probably a few too many. Now I KNOW theres alot I didn't see, so I won't blow up, I just had alot of frustration with outtie as IGGY.

Macha Yep, Iggy was scared of an elf
Sey Way to catch me with my pants down in the grove...good job. I hated the fact that you'd just cham and never fight with your uber set.....part of the fun with an uberset is seeing how long you can use it
Karjin Ok homie, the logoffs as soon as I hit the huntress....gay...def no hard feelings though
The dark elf trannie/nightreaver that stomed a ####hole in Igbah for the first 300 hours of his life....well played man
Werz Again, you always play class and badass
Oh crap, I know there are more here....Nivek had one that I can't remember I think Post, I will reply

Fortress

I do realize that you have to go to the well sometimes, when darkness get's really deep, and pull out a rager/outtie every now and again....that's part of the game. I really didn't have the outtie love thing goin on with Alriac cuz well...I was a dwarf. I think it would be justifyable to hang out with the lightwalkers but...neutrals is pushing it...You gotta remember, they sleep with darkies! I am not in the cabal...if I was maybe I could change it, but for right now, all I can do is bitch...this isn't targeted at anyone specific.
Miz Luckiest motha####a alive...I always was wary of you in the shadows, damed tough, and one hell of a player
Cyruil Sorry about the ass whippings as of late...most of the time elf pally = meat for Iggy
Acvilar Yep, your an exception to the above....probably the coolest thing in Iggy's life was beating you in the arena tournament
Nihiveriva or whatever....Badassed, badassed
Humbert I've played a stormie sword/anything spec Let me tell you that your doing pretty damed good, keep it up
Damit again, I know I'm missing a few of you, post/I'll reply

Overall I loved this char, I LOVED IT...thanks to everyone again, I'm sure I'll be back, just gotta get through the summer first....I think one of you owed me a PFB from a while ago, if you remember, hook it up, if not, I'll hook it up next week sometime. Thanks again guys, this was awesome.

I suppose I'll throw a char list in here too
Iggy
Alriac
Brinkmun
Bryvac
Gerylanst
Ruseig
Acaga
Suilvanum
Lotsa others....if any of you want to hit me up my AIM handle is Suilvanum......Iggy has left the building

LyristeonFri 04-Jul-08 09:31 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69745, "Well done."
In response to Reply #14

That was a fun character to watch. I vis'd just for that purpose to see how it would play out. Seeing how my religion works, you handled it appropriately for you. For most characters, that wouldn't have worked.

There were too many things that I could say about the character, so, I will just show you how much I liked it.

1. I titled you.
2. I gave you your third legacy.
3. 2000 in random imm exp from me.
4. I did what I did to give you what you needed to have more fun.

Looking forward to the next.

Ruhktanshi (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 11:43 AM

#69749, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #14

I had heard about the beasty giant, but when I got a dose of you I had more than a hand full. You bashed through distortion like it didn't affect you and flurried with success all the time. 500 - 900 hp flurries. I was groaning everytime I missed the symphonic echoes. I tried to fight you with some out of the box tactics, I did many things to give you a fight, I hope at some level I was a challenge (atleast compared to the others). That time in Evermoon, I could have ran away but I tried to enter fiend/sleep even after I managed to the right side one or two times. I just wanted it to be to the end for record sake. I was otherwise lucky in avoiding death to you and fleeing with 100 odd hp left. Scary. Well done.

Ruhk

DaBull (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 02:50 PM

#69764, "Iggy, Ruk is telling the truth. She wouldn't rank my s..."
In response to Reply #18

... because she needed to be ready for you. Dude, I think I could have had a chance. LOL.

Fendril (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 12:23 PM

#69752, "Are you telling me..."
In response to Reply #14

You were willing to turn yourself in for your final death? Because... wow...

EshvalFri 04-Jul-08 12:30 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69753, "So, I'm waiting"
In response to Reply #14

for you to write something...which is kind of funny, since I seldom wait for threads and usually just blurt out my thoughts on the character. After our first talk, when I learned you had no Scion instruction and were kind of left hanging as Chancellor, I realized you had the 'follow me' charisma. You were a character that folks wanted to follow, to be with, to be somehow tied to the 'legend' of Igbah. This is not to say everyone liked you. You did darned well for being left on your own...which I tried to do once I saw you had everything under control.

A point about Igbah and you I want to make...well, actually two points: I enjoyed your fearless approach to combat, even half-clothed you bring it. The other part is you made a point of leaving defeated folks as much clothes as possible, even to the point of telling other Scions to leave it alone or take only what you need.

A pleasure for me.

eshval@carrionfields.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Waris (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 12:40 PM

#69756, "Blow #### up guy has left the building"
In response to Reply #14

Well, all I can say is everytime you logged on I knew 2 things for certain.
1. People were going to die.
2. I wasn't going to get a single kill in the process.

You really knew how to stir the cabal war scene up, one minute its me and some transmuter sort of trying to avoid the roving gang, seconds later its us three trying to chase the 5 man fort-outlander gang around.

And in the end there, I really wanted to take a shot at you. I just wasn't sure how I to go about doing it... that and Armegeddon + trapping. Ew?

Xubetok (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 02:29 PM

#69761, "Beast"
In response to Reply #14

Well done on the char. Evil but not a douche, that makes a classy player. Many do not understand the difference, but that is something when you think about the character "evil beast" but do not think about a player "####ty douche" (like Fatfrumos).
More often than not I was no match for you and I could only compete when you did not prepare well. And yes, you actually killed me once, with Waris and Istillian in Caladaryl, and that is a huge freaking achievement considering how many times I barely escaped from you.
In some fights I felt that you COULD finish me off but DID NOT because you did not put in a finishing command or did not jump on me when I'm almost dead and was fighting others.
Iggy was "pissed" so often because of evil magic and tried to explain that to you

Velyzaggon (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 02:48 PM

#69763, "Was fun, you're a BEAST."
In response to Reply #14

We had some good times, didn't we? I mean, only about 20 hours worth, but hey...

You may be the best giant warrior player I've ever seen.

Kharnial (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 03:14 PM

#69765, "Kickass!"
In response to Reply #14

I played 3 characters...or maybe 2...in your lifetime. Throughout it all, you were quite the character - deadly, inspirational, and generally, really fun to play with. Both a quality player who brings out a quality character, that subsequently brings out the best in the other players. Very well done. And a beast.

Hope I didn't disappoint you that much. Besides the gay vortex tricks that Niz used (gay, but effective man) and the unspeakable holy retribution, we had a blast barreling through everyone when raiding.

Create another Scion!

Gramoak (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 05:16 PM

#69769, "Sad and forgotten :(. nt"
In response to Reply #14

f

Karjiin (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 05:30 PM

#69770, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #14

You were a beast. No doubt about it. I tried to fight you solo once, but it was obvious that I was no match. I have no intentions of being bashed down then flurried. It's happened to me once and I am a quick learner. Now, on to my log-offs. The only time I can think of that I logged off when you hit the huntress was when you and Dulzuth came and attacked the spirit right after tribunals left the tree. At the time there were 4 or 5 Scions on and I was the only Outlander, and while I am well aware that only you and Dulzuth struck, I had no doubts that if it even looked like I had a chance to win that you would have called the full Scion gang, in which I had no chance to beat solo. So yea. I hauled ass, told the lowbie outlanders to retrieve and logged off because I have no intentions of hiding from the Scion-gang for hours.

However, I seem to remember a similar situation in which the tables were turned and you logged on to about 4 or 5 Outlanders scowering the lands for you. As I remember it, you may have been logged on for about 15 minutes, if that. So lets try to remember these things before flaming me. Other than that, good job. You were awesome.

-Karjiin Darkfeather

KastellynFri 04-Jul-08 10:01 PM
864 posts
#69778, "I Heart Your Characters"
In response to Reply #14

Another awesome one, I should have had Iggy pegged as you, but I suck at making those connections. I watched you quite a bit, and you were just...class. Players like you are why all of us still play this game.

RUN! RUN! RUN FROM ACAGA! Still the best...warcry...ever...

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

IsildurFri 04-Jul-08 11:20 PM
5969 posts
#69781, "RE: I Heart Your Characters"
In response to Reply #29

My guess was that Igbah was you. He was like Hunsobo v2, but I didn't think Twist would play such a similar character.

ShadowmasterFri 04-Jul-08 11:48 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69782, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #14

Wow, thats an impressive character list. Got to say I hated dying to you with Narguth when you were Ruseig, but I loved running around with you as Iszjir when you were Igbah. Igbah was just awesome from every single aspect I can recall. Strong in PK, good RP, always around, and always up for anything, and with a great attitude. Also had some interactions with another lowbie of mine a while back who was doing work for you. Even he liked Igbah! Good luck with the next, bad ass char.

Khrathtyn (Guest)Sat 05-Jul-08 12:42 AM

#69784, "You forgot me. :("
In response to Reply #14

But you were a beast. After your gauntlets almost insta-killed me that one time during a raid, I decided to keep my space from you. Travelling with you was sick. So much up front power. Its a shame that IMM screwed up our Hell trip. I was looking forward to killing high end ####.

Berox (Guest)Sat 05-Jul-08 05:50 PM

#69791, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #14

>>>Eshval/Beroxxus You two came about at the perfect time, for a long time scion was an immless cabal, and believe me, it sucked....I love the little echos and voices going on, it's really awesome....Thanks.<<<

Yep, hope that me and Eshy can get things rolling again in Scions and begin doing some more fun things with the cabal. You were a beast. Though you didn't come into any power during my last mortal, so I didn't ever get a chance to face you in that aspect.

>>>Also, I got the feeling you wanted Waris to end me in our last little talks, I was kinda ready, and I kinda wanted it to happen, just to see how many charges I was worth.<<<

I was! Your time was drawing near, so I wanted to end with your power staying with us via charges at least. Though I don't think Waris caught onto all my hints through a few days of dropping some. Anyhow, I hoped you enjoyed everything and good luck with your next!

Beroxxus

Waris (Guest)Sat 05-Jul-08 05:52 PM

#69792, "Thats what I get for playing when I'm tired"
In response to Reply #33

I usually have to mull over it for a day or two

GryshilniarSun 06-Jul-08 02:35 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
#69795, "Ugh I wrote a reply and then it got eaten..."
In response to Reply #14

But to summarize, truly admirable of you to span CF gameplayability changes and spew out truly badass character after badass character in 3 different cabals. I admire everything you are within CF and i'm happy to see you're still ticking. I interacted with you with a couple ragers and Narclarn fort dwarf who you owned very very very heavily. I suspected who was playing Iggy pretty early on from the pretty nonchalant way you took deaths/full loots/setbacks of any kind and I even rolled up a felar a-p that didn't pan out to get a chance to know you from an ally point of view. Alas it didn't work out. Regardless, suspecting that a character is played by you the player is one of the highest complements I could pay to a fellow CFer.

Good luck with everything.
Dylan

Throkk (Guest)Sun 06-Jul-08 04:37 PM

#69797, "RUN! RUN! RUN FROM ..."
In response to Reply #14

Well played, man. Well played.

I loved how Iggy would growl, laugh or fistshake instead
of just of bashing, flurry, etc. when in a fight. Iggy
oozed atmosphere and coolness from a player's point of view.

You have a great attitude towards the game, that
I hope will inspire others to follow your example.

Throkk and Igbah rarely fought due to different playing times,
but I did spend consirable time thinking of how to take you down.
Thanks for playing a tough bastard. You may have had trouble getting out
of rager mode, but you sure got things going when you finally did.

I'll pick up your PBF.

Have fun and keep kicking ass.

Jhoqu (Guest)Sun 06-Jul-08 06:17 PM

#69799, "Great Char...stxt"
In response to Reply #14

What you said you were trying to accomplish with this char is just the way I saw you. You were an everpresent force of evil that vexed me at every turn but at the same time I never thought of as a jerk. My group I eat luch with always enjoyed hearing the latest Iggy story. The time I came upon you when Angaarn had you jacked upon the river was legendary. I went from feeling bad about your ####ty luck to just being thankful I escaped. Fighting you was always a crazy sense of impending doom as you were one divine power / wrath flurry away from ending me at nearly any time.Thanks for making the game fun man. There should never be a shortage of Iggyness around.

Mek (Guest)Sun 06-Jul-08 09:04 PM

#69801, "Heya"
In response to Reply #14

With Darascus my opinion of Iggy started off bad, but in retrospect that was because Scion was rocking the house 24/7 at the time, and really, any time you logged in just seemed like opportunistic timing to me. However, over time I saw you staying around even as the other powerhouses dropped off, and that's when I began to respect you a lot.

I've kept in touch with the logs of you. That, and now having seen your character list, I have to say you've steadily become a damned good player, and are great for the game.

I've been your enemy what, 3 times? Darascus vs. Igbah, Drezen vs. Brinkmun, and Ithzaruul vs. Gerylanst.

I suppose if I ever came back we'd be throwing blows again!

Anyhoo, keep it up.

Sletren (Guest)Mon 07-Jul-08 03:03 AM

#69809, "Good job"
In response to Reply #14

Good job man. I enjoyed traveling with you whenever our times overlapped.

GLWYN

Brinkmun sounds very very familiar.. who was he?

BerakDeiha (Guest)Mon 07-Jul-08 03:13 AM

#69810, "Brinkmun was the commander of battle, kickass char! n/t"
In response to Reply #39

n/t

Luvren (Guest)Tue 08-Jul-08 10:09 PM

#69844, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #14

Amazing well played character, I loved to keep following you around in duo just to see how well you interacted with others, and how deep you keep in char all of the time, that is why you were saying come here luvren and I was just poping there.
I could not play more with you cause was taking care of the new baby in family, and sorry for all the moments I kept asking you "what have you said"? I was with one eye at the game and another at the crib.

Luck with your next.

Inger (Guest)Tue 08-Jul-08 10:16 PM

#69845, "There was nothing I could do to you"
In response to Reply #14

Like Fjarn said, one flurry from you on a cloud giant pretty much meant instant death. I did have respect for you, but, I just wish I could have competed with you a little bit more. Nice job.

Corsix (Guest)Tue 08-Jul-08 11:26 PM

#69846, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #14

Tricky, very tricky. When you finally got me with the binder thief, I was headdesking for not thinking to use a certain power to give you the slip. I suppose that death makes up for the times when I survived/downed you.

I'm still kind of scratching my head when I think of how I actually got you solo that one time. Was it a bad teleport? Did my usually mediocre fiend somehow balloon in power? What's the deal?

Hrefnwik (Guest)Tue 15-Jul-08 02:46 PM

#69950, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #14

You made the game fun. I saw you around a lot, and early on, made a lot of money from your things. But you were just so fun to talk to and deal with.

My best memory is when I bought something from you that Sybea had just sold to a Fortie literally 5 minutes before you showed up with it from their corpse.

And in my goings on with everyone from other cabals, Igbah's name always came up - was very interesting to see how largely you affected the spin of Thera.

PatickFri 04-Jul-08 08:02 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#69734, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Hehe, I strangled you once in a duel in the Arena!! (as Draven) other than that, I think i briefly remember one battle long ago outside the palace between us. ohh in that arena battle, you defeated me with two shots if i remember correctly. heh go figure you were a monster.

Alpha-Q

Cyruil (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 12:04 AM

#69718, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Thumbs up. Great character, I have nothing but respect for the player behind the beast. We had a few talks and they were all enjoyable. I can remember one time I almost had you, I found you on the Hamsah docks talking to some giant. You didn't seem ready at all for a change and I smacked you around like you had done me so many times. While you didn't die, it felt good. I think we had a few words after that as well. There was so many fights that I felt were going well for me and then all of a sudden I was at 30% or less. It was crazy how you could turn a fight so easily.

Being the exact opposit of one another, I still feel as if our characters had a sense of respect that was a bit deeper then most.

You played a great evil without being a prick and I can't wait to see your next in action. Instead of taking away from the game like some recent long-lived players, I feel as if you really added to it. From what I saw, players like you are what keep other players around for more.

Again, great job.

~Cyruil

Satebos (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 04:04 PM

#69709, "Outstanding character."
In response to Reply #0

Thoroughly enjoyable, and you took the gankings/full loots that seemed to happen to you periodically ever so well. I'm very impressed, and definitely look forward to your next one.

Iggy (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 08:54 AM

#69742, "RE: Outstanding character."
In response to Reply #11

Yea, I forgot you damit....well played, very cautious...and theres nothing wrong with that....That last time we were in the place where I quaffed and smoked you....I had to fight not to hit flurry, take mask corpse....Well done man, well done

Satebos (Guest)Fri 04-Jul-08 04:13 PM

#69768, "Yeah, you were beastly there."
In response to Reply #15

I have to admit, there were times when I had the perfect place/army and had to resist the lure of anazu/bracers too. What can I say? Satebos had a soft spot for Iggy too.

some dude (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 01:31 PM

#69706, "Wow..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a real adversary to so many over the last half year or more... An adversary that the player and the character could really respect. I say that only because the PK highlight of my last two dead characters was actually putting you down. Good job, times 100.

Riv, Nusson, and others.

Greae (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 10:20 AM

#69701, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, I saw all the logs of you before we fought, but I think the first time I ever fought you personally was when you were rigid in Voralian on the way to raid the Fortress. I went ahead and took the chance to bring a screeching halt to the raid with a terrible angel and elemental....you, still rigid, beat the crap out of me with barrier on, I fled and came back to leave the angel on you and you..still rigid, beat down the angel and I had to flee again soon after with you still not even gushing I believe. All I got out of it was a dead angel and a wanted flag to boot.

Then I tried you just a couple days ago defending and you and Waris beat the crap out of me with a winged angel....but then later I finally had an archangel when you came back with Eneru, but nothing but aura up since I had lost the other rods in the first fight...I was kicking myself for not going to get another black after how the fight went...amazing the difference in the archangle vs. what that terrbile was doing to you. You beat me down fast still, but the arch-angel did a number first, was fun, but frustrating all the same.

Good run of it, well done.

Praeto (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 10:15 AM

#69700, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Iggy!
I had a lot of fun with you when the scales tipped right. With you I considered you not an enemy when Magic was weak as well as you were a scion and leader of them at that. You being around was a real boon for me at a lot of times especially during the period of time when the village was very strong and Nexus was almost invariably me by myself for long periods of time. Without easily attainable barrier on Praeto I had a hard time competing with most villagers one on one. I had one of those sets where getting your black sleek was very dangerous and didnt find it until a long time into my life. I remember the first time we worked together, you logged on and village had the Key and the Scepter you asked me if I wanted to get the Key back. There were like 5 Ragers on and I was being very cautious and was like this is gonna be dicey, You responded with "You not travel with Iggy much, It's the villagers that have to worry, they are outnumbered by us. Hardly even a challenge for me, wish there was more of them" And it Proved to be true, I happened to have barrier at the time so we started on the giant and had it dead before they even got to the village, then you were like, We take the head. And we run into the destructor, villagers start coming to defend and started dropping like flies, I was like damn, this dude wasnt kidding, we easily mowed through five villagers took the head, and put it on the Island, three of the villagers logged off and the other two didnt come near the Island until you logged off. After that every time you logged on I'd change my mood instantly to a good mood, Because I knew no matter what the odds, I had an ally that evened them out. And the whole time we'd have a nice talk while doing it, and your RP was always top notch, you were most definatly evil, but at the same time a fun and respected ally, When I went to hell with you I had a feeling I was risking my position as Meter, But I couldnt resist a chance for a trip with you because your RP made it fun to be around you and it was worth it. Acvilar logged on balancing the scales when we entered and Not long in evil was tipping slightly. But it was fun and I have to say I enjoyed all of our interactions, You were a juggernaught of a char and a class act the whole time. Great job on what I consider to easily be one of the top ten chars I've had the pleasure of playing with since I started playing CF back in 98/99. I rank you right up there with Palan, Zorsaul, Dullameh, Viscrinth, and Thror. Great job and I hope to see you again soon as another ass kicking char that greatly enhances the game in so many aspects.

FjarnThu 03-Jul-08 09:10 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#69698, "Awesome Enemy"
In response to Reply #0

Fjarn couldn't stand up to Igbah toe-to-toe by any stretch of the imagination. Your 8-hit defilement flurries on a cloud giant were doing near 1000hp in damage, through resist. I even managed to get evade up high enough to take the evasive edge - and I did (yes, on a giant), just on the off chance that I might, at some point, possibly evade one of those bastardly flurries. We actually had little tactics discussions in the village to come up with a way to take you down.

But beastliness in PK aside, Igbah was also an excellently roleplayed character. You were evil, no doubt, but Igbah and Fjarn seemed to share the same dark sense of humor. Even as mortal enemies, both leaders of opposed cabals, there was still room for banter and enjoyable conversation.

And as if that weren't enough to define a strong character in CF, Igbah's player was top notch and classy. Yeah, you could wipe the floor with Fjarn. Congrats. But you didn't multikill. You didn't full loot and sacrifice all my worthless junk. You didn't hunt me mercilessly to pad the pk record. Every engagement would end in my death, and I knew it. As a player, that's frustrating - but you kept the balance such that I didn't feel the need to just sigh and log out when I saw you online. From one player to another, I really respect your style, and I sincerely hope to find you in the fields again in some incarnation.

So good work, and congratulations on a spectacular character.

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 08:41 AM

#69695, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

Our spoken interactions were relatively few, but I have lots of respect for the way you played Igbah. I'm just sad that now I can't my revenge for that last (especially retarded on my part) death in Hamsah.

I think the first time we ever fought was in the Silver Tower, when I failed an assassinate. It was one of my favorite Igbah moments: your first command after combat started was "laugh". I was like, "Holy crap, this guy is so unconcerned about me that he just laughs at a missed assassinate. Badass."

Iggy (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 08:29 AM

#69694, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Igbah the Beast in the Night, Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm not ignoring everyone, I had a thread written up but it poofed and now I'm going to work! I'll drop it here later

Peace

TwistThu 03-Jul-08 07:48 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#69693, "Awesome."
In response to Reply #0

Fought you as Feilinal and as Galtholnicus, and you were always uberscary.

Damn you were given a lot of CON.

Well RP'd, evil bastard, who still managed to make the game fun, even for your enemies.

Great job. Good luck with the next!

fivechars (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 07:07 AM

#69692, "Five chars of mine interacted with you... Kickass dude!"
In response to Reply #0

Batu fought you quite a bit when you lvled up, I think it was a 70/30 ratio in kills in your favour or so... Then I fought you once with Bjorn and ofc got my ass handed to me. Ckol did a whole lot better, but still didn't have much of a chance. Managed to get you once in a three vs three where we got you jacked. Unfortunate you got fulled because of it.

Deiha had ALOT of fun with you! I had plans of making you a woman with the help of Ramora. I also wanted to become your advisor, unfortunatly I deleted since I had decided to stop playing... Well, back again!

Khurga wasn't meant at all to be anything like you, but everyone kept bugging me and saying that I should chose axes as second specc, that would have meant being just a copy cat to you... Though Khurga was a huge failure, so deleted...

Anyways, I LOVED hanging around with you, fighting you or just interacting you. A few of my low lvl chars has interacted with you as well and it's always a pleasure.

I hope you'll return with something just as cool and with the same class act soon! See you in the fields!

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 02:51 AM

#69690, "What a transformation...."
In response to Reply #0

As Elemek I was always seeing you naked or having just been killed and while I liked you, as much as a scion mage can like a scion warrior. I had you pegged as a soon to rage delete or even a quick con-loss delete. As it happens you were neither. I am hugely impressed by the learning curve or confidence curve, call it what you will, that you ascended. From a zero to a hero in a matter of maybe a month.
My current incarnation is now miffed at not being able to fight you anymore. We never got to see who would win out as kharnial or someone would always jump in. Ah well, at least some sweet eq will now be more available.

Great Job!

-----Abernyte/Elemek

Humbert (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 02:34 AM

#69688, "Oh my god my idol is dead :("
In response to Reply #0

You were a very classy player. Very classy. And you were like impossible for me to even survive if I was prepped with anything less than stoneskin/shield. Courageous Edge = bad vs flurries. Still I liked your char and it seemed you were always decked! I don't know how you guys do it, but I'm pure #### at gathering eq from mobs). Kostyan can attest to it

I hope I can fill your massive shoes to be the next viable non-dex warrior in hero range, and I hope I can do so even after losing nice sets. You're my inspiration! Good luck with your next character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69687 Previous topic | Next topic