Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Galtholnicus Levithicus the Dai Sens..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69631
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Jul-08 04:04 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69631, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Galtholnicus Levithicus the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Tue Jul 1 16:00:31 2008

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Galtholnicus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:200

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You're welcome, and thank you, teliel (Guest), 03-Jul-08 01:35 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Galtholnicus Levithicus the Dai ..., Ruhktanshi (Guest), 02-Jul-08 08:16 AM, #13
Reply I really wanted to be in the Rites..., Twist, 02-Jul-08 12:07 PM, #14
     Reply Rites planning, Fjarn, 02-Jul-08 01:28 PM, #17
Reply Well that was fun for a while..., Twist, 01-Jul-08 04:27 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well that was fun for a while..., Mizfara (Guest), 01-Jul-08 05:38 PM, #2
     Reply Yeah..., Twist, 01-Jul-08 08:22 PM, #8
     Reply Was fun killing you...again :), Velyzaggon (Guest), 01-Jul-08 06:41 PM, #3
     Reply Let's be real, here...., Twist, 01-Jul-08 08:21 PM, #7
          Reply Semantics. That's 4 for me, 19 for you. I'm almost at..., Velyzaggon (Guest), 01-Jul-08 11:19 PM, #11
     Reply Oh yah, the hunchback Spartan? Cool. nt, TheForsakens- (Guest), 01-Jul-08 06:50 PM, #4
     Reply Heh!, Twist, 01-Jul-08 08:20 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Well that was fun for a while..., Jandur (Guest), 01-Jul-08 07:22 PM, #5
     Reply Good job, Jakziim (Guest), 01-Jul-08 08:57 PM, #9
     Reply Thanks..., Twist, 02-Jul-08 12:12 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Well that was fun for a while..., Inger (Guest), 01-Jul-08 09:58 PM, #10
     Reply I owned Twist!, Teldasill (Guest), 01-Jul-08 11:29 PM, #12
     Reply Owned, but never killed (I think?)..., Twist, 02-Jul-08 12:11 PM, #15
     Reply Heh, it really isn't that hard :P, Abernytee (Guest), 03-Jul-08 02:56 AM, #18
     Reply Well done, Kharnial (Guest), 03-Jul-08 08:55 AM, #19
     Reply Repop., Twist, 03-Jul-08 11:51 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Well that was fun for a while..., Yean, 03-Jul-08 09:38 AM, #20

teliel (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 01:35 PM

#69707, "You're welcome, and thank you"
In response to Reply #0

For the leveling too. Always a treat to play with a well-Rp'd rager, since the rager lore is so much a part of Theran lore. I don't even have to say, but: see you in the fields.

Ruhktanshi (Guest)Wed 02-Jul-08 08:16 AM

#69649, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Galtholnicus Levithicus the Dai ..."
In response to Reply #0

It is tres sad I never got to interact too much with you, you were missed at the rites too. I was hoping you would turn up. You seems very dark and focussed from out little interactions, very effective too from what I heard. DAMN YOU FOR DELETING and GLWYN!

Ruhk

TwistWed 02-Jul-08 12:07 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69650, "I really wanted to be in the Rites..."
In response to Reply #13

I knew I wouldn't win, but thought it'd be fun. I've never actually participated in one since Maclochlan got taken to school by Takishimi wayyy back when.

But damn. Noon on a Sunday? I doubt I'll ever be able to make that ever again.

FjarnWed 02-Jul-08 01:28 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#69655, "Rites planning"
In response to Reply #14

It's a shame there's no better way to plan out a schedule for the Rites. It seems kind of "pick a time and hope for the best". It's certainly a downer to miss such a cool event...but on top of that, you sometimes exclude some of the cabal front-runners because they happen to be out of town that day or simply unable to play at that time.

On the flip side, with so many people potentially participating, it could take weeks of communication to find a day that only 75% would make it to anyway. The way to make it most fair is to just pick a time and go with it...assuming the server hosting site doesn't go up in flames.

That reminds me- it was amusingly ironic to be the Battlerager Commander rolling with a polearm named after a mortal played by the God of Magic. Kind of twisted, if you don't mind the pun.

TwistTue 01-Jul-08 04:27 PM
3431 posts
#69633, "Well that was fun for a while..."
In response to Reply #0

Started to get a little stale, so it was time to pull the plug.

This char was a sad attempt at a "Spartan" from the movie 300. I know, lame. But hey, I had fun and didn't piss in anyone's cheerios, so who cares? That's the reason for the name/lastname - they sounded vaguely Greek-ish to me. He was Lawful because his village had harsh laws that were obeyed or you died. He was evil as a byproduct of his harsh upbringing (forced to kill a peer at five years old, and then tortured daily because that peer was the Chief's son, etc.)

I had a hard time playing him as really EVIL though. And even many of my recent evil chars don't have a really evil vibe - Hunsobo was greedy, lustful, gluttonous, envious, wrathful, and various other deadly sins, but looking back he was more like the "bad influence uncle" than a real dark individual. Ah well.

In the end, this char was fun, because I decided to just live up the fact that I wasn't the "main character" in this story - I was just the redshirt/random guy who might surprise the main character sort of guy.

Goodbyes/Thank Yous

Battle:
Yean - Thanks for the induct. Boo for killing me. BOO for killing me twice.
Kastellyn - thanks for the chit-chat the other night.
Vrinlo - the only other rager for a lot of my life. Thanks for saving my bacon in Organia. Twice.
Ruhktanshi - we only got together a couple of times, but it was good times when we did.
Inger - much better berserker than I was. Keep up the good work.
Others - I'm forgeting/not commenting on a bunch, mainly because recently I've not interacted with many ragers other than applicants.

Fortress:
Mizfara - you (the player) make this game great. Your char was/is cool. I hated the fact that I really never had a chance to beat you. I don't know why it always ended up that way, other than the fact that you're a better player than me.
Others - in general I seemed to be sort of an afterthought to you ("He's evil, but he's not in one of the evil cabals, so he comes last on our food chain." type stuff). Which was cool for me.

Kostyanpire:
Um, yeah. Straight up pwned. I tried to give you some good fights. I failed.
Didn't interact with many other Imperials.

Scion:
Damn, nearly every single one of you (heroes) was a one-man wrecking crew to me. If ever I fought more than one of you, I felt good if I got away with my life.

Outlander:
Teliel, thanks for the levelin' goodness. Seyriannia, thanks for slowing down hunting me. Macha, that was a "holy ####!" moment yesterday. Heh.

Tribs:
Every flag that I told you was a mistake wasn't. Every time you asked me if I attacked and I said I didn't, I did. And just about every time, you made the right call and flagged me. Nice work.

Herald:
Etielise - sorry about trying to kill you in the Inn every time I could. But it never worked, so...

Nexus:
Jakziim - nice fights. I was surprised at how long you stuck around that last time.
Heri - I had 113hp when you died, fled from the inners with about 50, and almost died from poison/bleeding. I'll post the log when you're dead.

Others: I'm sure there are some folks that I'm missing. Sorry.

Oh and to those who were questioning/complaining about ragerzerkersassins...I assassinated 5 people successfully, and missed about 25. I finally said screw it and started getting a few stalks, going into the trance, and trying that way. I just don't have the patience for stalking, I guess.

I do have a rather cool log of an assassinate/retrieval that I'll post later, when all parties are gone, though.

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 05:38 PM

#69634, "RE: Well that was fun for a while..."
In response to Reply #1

>Mizfara - you (the player) make this game great. Your char
>was/is cool. I hated the fact that I really never had a chance
>to beat you. I don't know why it always ended up that way,
>other than the fact that you're a better player than me.

Wow. Thanks for the praise. For what it's worth, I think you may have had a better chance against me than you give yourself credit for. You lacked the progging gear, but you did have rager resist and deathblow. All it would take is for you to out-kot/kan me then get lucky with a deathblow or two. Granted, it would have to be a close fight for me to stick around long enough to die, after being out-kot/kan'd, but that's usually the way it goes when two characters fight who can't trap or perma-lag each another.

The first time we fought, in Evermoon, I don't think you were high enough level to have martial trance. That's huge. The second time, on the Hamsah docks, imho you just stuck around too long. At one point I think I was about 200 hp down and you were "gushing", and you tried kot'ing or kans'ing me. At that point the fight was already lost, so you should have just fled.

Your assessment of how the Fortress (or, at least, Mizfara) viewed Galtholnicus is pretty accurate. After the way our first two fights went, going after you when there were other available targets seemed a little..."gay", for lack of a better word.

TwistTue 01-Jul-08 08:22 PM
3431 posts
#69641, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #2

I didn't mean I had no chance when entering the fight. I meant when we fought, somehow, I never ended up with you more than bleeding wounds. I.e. there was no chance you were going down.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 06:41 PM

#69636, "Was fun killing you...again :)"
In response to Reply #1

I consider it sweet revenge for the ass-raping you put on my first character.

And those crap kills you got on me with Aldonius. PS That fight where Zulg restored you as I was beating you down was hilarious. Never got to say that on Aldonius's goodbye thread.

TwistTue 01-Jul-08 08:21 PM
3431 posts
#69640, "Let's be real, here...."
In response to Reply #3

You didn't kill me. You made it so I couldn't escape Igbah killing me.

Velyzaggon (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 11:19 PM

#69644, "Semantics. That's 4 for me, 19 for you. I'm almost at..."
In response to Reply #7

NT

TheForsakens- (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 06:50 PM

#69637, "Oh yah, the hunchback Spartan? Cool. nt"
In response to Reply #1

I keed!

TwistTue 01-Jul-08 08:20 PM
3431 posts
#69639, "Heh!"
In response to Reply #4

No, that wasn't the intent. But after tending to suck, to some extent, with him, I did start to feel like that poor bastard.

Jandur (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 07:22 PM

#69638, "RE: Well that was fun for a while..."
In response to Reply #1

Heh, I tend to interact with your characters a lot. This is now the third time I've been in the same cabal with you without knowing it.

Jakziim (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 08:57 PM

#69642, "Good job"
In response to Reply #1

I usually had a very difficult time distorting you, I don't know if it was your gear or what. I liked you though, I thought you were really tough.

TwistWed 02-Jul-08 12:12 PM
3431 posts
#69652, "Thanks..."
In response to Reply #9

I was marveling at my good (or your bad) luck at you missing so many distortions. I had very good svs but pretty much zero svm. I was surprised to land the kill that one time. I figure you were going balls to the wall, since you likely could have fled if you'd wanted to.

Inger (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 09:58 PM

#69643, "RE: Well that was fun for a while..."
In response to Reply #1

I was really starting to enjoy Galtholnicus since I had begun to get to know you a bit better. I wish you hadn't deleted. From my point of view it seemed you were on your way to becomming that main character you spoke of. In fact, I had an applicant tell me he had your recommendation which immediately gave him some more weight.

As for you being Twist. Boy, am I really disappointed you deleted now. The past characters of yours that I knew had always been enemies of mine, and I always wondered when we would cross paths as allies. And now its come and gone! *snap* Well done, though!

Teldasill (Guest)Tue 01-Jul-08 11:29 PM

#69645, "I owned Twist!"
In response to Reply #1

I hated vanish so bad =P it changed everything since insects wouldn't affect it, but oh well.. to bad I never got to land the kill.

That time you ducked into the cove after I chased you from Frigid was so aggravating, I really messed up on that chase. Then that Open plains marathon ended up with me loosing all my moves and I was like dangit this guy is so slippery!

Then that fight vs you and Vrinlo where you kept blinding me was awesome then I ended up landing the kill on him and you rolled out immediately.

Felt like you kind of lost your temper with me though and didn't RP but talked OOC or something. That one time I was taunting you a bit and it seemed like you got pissed then you just logged off instantly and I was like oh well... I'll just leave him alone from now on.

Anyways.. you just need to make a mage.. You're the god of magic!

TwistWed 02-Jul-08 12:11 PM
3431 posts
#69651, "Owned, but never killed (I think?)..."
In response to Reply #12

Considering you were a chameleoning airform swooping tiger, killing you was unlikely for me. So just surviving all the ambushes is a victory, for me.

I don't recall going OOC with you, though. I likely stopped talking with you - I despise ####-talkers. I do remember, at one point, doing a noreply and then remaining hidden for quite an extended period, in the hopes that you'd think I was gone and go find someone else to pester.

Abernytee (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 02:56 AM

#69691, "Heh, it really isn't that hard :P"
In response to Reply #12

He is allergic to Haggis so eat one before fighting him!

-----Abernyte

Kharnial (Guest)Thu 03-Jul-08 08:55 AM

#69697, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

Not as impressive as Hunsobo, but nonetheless, an extremely well played character. I didn't know about the spartan thing, but I got the vibe for some strange reason that you were leaning toward the machismo role.

That one time I killed you in Organia, I was like WTF is he thinking? Bloodthirst in a narrow corridor where there are mobs blocking your exit? I laughed at loud.

Good times.

TwistThu 03-Jul-08 11:51 AM
3431 posts
#69704, "Repop."
In response to Reply #19

I'd killed all those guards previously. I was thinking I could thirst to survive long enough to get to the exit, forgetting that they'd repopped. Bleh.

YeanThu 03-Jul-08 09:38 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#69699, "RE: Well that was fun for a while..."
In response to Reply #1

Ha! Now knowing that was you makes it pretty funny..the whole accident with induction :p Didn't know that the aggressive mob in question would attack and kill ghosts too. Cool you accepted the apology heh. Anyway good rp and good char. Come back to Battle soon..you know it's fun!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69631 Previous topic | Next topic