Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast Consc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69264
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 18-Jun-08 10:08 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69264, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast Conscience of Conviction, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Jun 18 22:06:09 2008

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Jalenkan perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:255

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..., Inger (Guest), 23-Jun-08 09:40 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..., Kalageadon, 24-Jun-08 06:47 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..., Ruhktanshi (Guest), 23-Jun-08 04:15 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..., Kalageadon, 23-Jun-08 06:58 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..., Yean, 22-Jun-08 03:44 AM, #14
Reply Fun character, Chuhanrun (Guest), 19-Jun-08 10:55 PM, #8
Reply RE: Fun character, Kalageadon, 20-Jun-08 05:18 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Fun character, Chuhanrun (Guest), 20-Jun-08 11:17 AM, #13
Reply Like Fjarn, I saw it coming. But am le sad., Jhengar (Guest), 19-Jun-08 11:12 AM, #2
Reply RE: Like Fjarn, I saw it coming. But am le sad., Kalageadon, 19-Jun-08 06:47 PM, #4
Reply Had a hunch I'd find you here, Fjarn, 19-Jun-08 08:38 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Kalageadon, 19-Jun-08 06:43 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Isildur, 19-Jun-08 07:06 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Kalageadon, 19-Jun-08 07:51 PM, #6
               Reply I personally think it's the comraderie., DaBull (Guest), 19-Jun-08 10:22 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Isildur, 19-Jun-08 11:35 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Kalageadon, 20-Jun-08 04:57 AM, #10
          Reply RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here, Fjarn, 20-Jun-08 09:03 AM, #12

Inger (Guest)Mon 23-Jun-08 09:40 PM

#69398, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..."
In response to Reply #0

I was not expecting you to delete. I really wasn't sure if you hadn't been around or not because our times never really seemed to match up to begin with, and mine have changed drastically lately. I enjoyed our times running around together. We had some fun! What did you think about Flow? Take care and good luck with the RL stuff.

KalageadonTue 24-Jun-08 06:47 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69416, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..."
In response to Reply #17

I had planned on posting about flow, but I suppose I can comment on it here. I truly wasn't expecting to delete either but lack of time is a killer. Flow of shadows seemed much more useful with my Arial commander named Zylundak back in the day, it seemed that parry anything, riposte, swiftstrike, and concealed may hinder how often it truly fires along with location/time. All n all I would rate it almost a 6 out of 10 but not quite... it did fire at some super lucky times like 2 flurries from Igbah...(this Never happened again) but even then I was being lagged out and the 3rd killed me.

Striking.... well that is a different story, I would likely give it a strong 7 almost an 8. but I have logs of me fighting an arial dagger spec of the same rank and similar clothing and he putting a hurting on me even when fully charged. Along with a few... assassin, warrior, bard... The cutoff is selective and was the soul reason I took it because I had no lagging abilities with sword dagger at hero. I did see it fire 6 times in a row once but on most occasions it was unable to stop a person who was writhing long enough even if they were standing by the giant aswell.

imo I liked our interactions and had a lot of respect for you, you will always be the General in my eyes unless you gain a stronger title.

Ruhktanshi (Guest)Mon 23-Jun-08 04:15 AM

#69386, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..."
In response to Reply #0

The Rites were Bleh without the village dagger spec. I wished you were around so things would mix up better, Vrinlo too for that matter. You were a solid player from what little I saw. We never really got too close and I had no clue you were a Yean follower either. Though now that I look at your playstyle it makes sense. GLWYN! I hope you return and return soon to the village.

Ruhk

KalageadonMon 23-Jun-08 06:58 PM
1049 posts
#69397, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..."
In response to Reply #15

Village bards are tough to get the hang of but I think you do a pretty darn good job. Every time I saw you about I think I would learn something new and from what little time we did get to spend together I enjoyed our interactions. Keep on Truckin you will do good things.

YeanSun 22-Jun-08 03:44 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#69363, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jalenkan Va'dain the Steadfast C..."
In response to Reply #0

You were someone whom I wished I could have interacted more with..I think you could have probably gotten far within the religion. Your hours are just about opposite of mine however :p Regardless, I liked this char from what I saw and thought you did a good job with him. All the best with your naval career, and hope you come back to CF sooner than later.

Chuhanrun (Guest)Thu 19-Jun-08 10:55 PM

#69328, "Fun character"
In response to Reply #0

You were always fun and in a good mood for me to beat on in the lower ranks. I was very happy to see you get a leadership position. Good luck with all that is going on.

KalageadonFri 20-Jun-08 05:18 AM
1049 posts
#69335, "RE: Fun character"
In response to Reply #8

I was so hoping you would stick around and I would get to fight you in hero ranks... once I grew up giants for the most part became dog meat. With the exception of the 8 hit -900 hp through resistance flurry of one... Daggers with a dex race rock specially when you can swiftstrike with them.

Chuhanrun (Guest)Fri 20-Jun-08 11:17 AM

#69339, "RE: Fun character"
In response to Reply #11

Yeah, with the Reckless flaw I had chosen I would have been easy pickings for you at hero, I'm pretty sure.

Also, you would have been fun to RP with. I still get to credit you for the RP impetus of joining Nexus.

Hope you make a new character soon!

Jhengar (Guest)Thu 19-Jun-08 11:12 AM

#69311, "Like Fjarn, I saw it coming. But am le sad."
In response to Reply #0

I like lightwalking villagers - I think the line they have to stride makes for some great arr pee.

I also liked Jalenkan quite a bit - elfy without being stuffy/####ish, so that's good.

You'll be missed sir.

KalageadonThu 19-Jun-08 06:47 PM
1049 posts
#69322, "RE: Like Fjarn, I saw it coming. But am le sad."
In response to Reply #2

I do like the rp of villagers in general but lightwalking villagers are much more interesting than the average. I did rp plenty of I am better than you and I know it attitude on many occasions but there were some people I just couldn't beat and there wasn't anything I could do about it. ie dying in 5 fights to one command/prog from gear even with full health.... that is really hard to talk smack when your dead... lol

I tried to give every villager a chance to be on my good side and would give them all benefit of the doubt until they proved me wrong so... hey what can ya do... One of these days I will be back and likely make another villager so until then.

FjarnThu 19-Jun-08 08:38 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#69310, "Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #0

I'm pretty disappointed to see that you've deleted. I thought you'd make a strong leader. But since I've talked with quite a few applicants lately who can't find you... well, I figured you'd probably decided to move on.

I liked Jalenkan, though. You weren't afraid to mix it up, and that's an important part of being a Battlerager. Come on back when you get some free time!

KalageadonThu 19-Jun-08 06:43 PM
1049 posts
#69321, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry buddy I had forgotten you immed.... I sent a note to all battle immortals just before I made my decision. I been working on my officer package for the Navy and it has been draining all of my time, along with working 12 on 12 off for several weeks so I have had 0 free time.

I love battle it is by far my favorite cabal which I suppose is why I keep coming back... this makes my 5th with a leadership position, so you could say I am addicted, I like the challenge.

Deleting really isn't my style but I simply didn't want to take up the position and give hope where I saw none for revival.

I really had a blast interacting with you as my mortals, two shifters and two villagers in Fjarns life span... I liked your laid back and different than usual way of looking at situations. I think your contribution to the game influenced my rolling Jalenkan in the first place.

IsildurThu 19-Jun-08 07:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#69323, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #3

What is it about the battle cabal that causes some people to be serial rager-players? Honestly, the restrictions seem like more trouble than the payoff is worth.

KalageadonThu 19-Jun-08 07:51 PM
1049 posts
#69324, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #5

I would have to really think about it to come up with an answer for that question but I have played scion, fortress, imperials, nexus, sylvan when they existed, warlocks when existed, Masters when existed, and I just like battle better than any of them... maybe I just like to take a beating, idk, but that is where my fun is.

DaBull (Guest)Thu 19-Jun-08 10:22 PM

#69326, "I personally think it's the comraderie."
In response to Reply #6

Which is why my last villager sucked monkey balls.

Jalenkan ruled though. Was fun.

IsildurThu 19-Jun-08 11:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#69330, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #6

I've done Fort and Empire, mostly, with stints in Dawn and Sylvan. Of those, my Empire experience had by far the best "relationships", but I'm thinking that's just because I was surrounded by some really cool people. So it was an interpersonal thing rather than a cabal thing. for whatever reason, it just seems like there are a lot of folks who play rager after rager after rager. Is it the never having to gather preps thing?

KalageadonFri 20-Jun-08 04:57 AM
1049 posts
#69334, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #9

I may be inclined to agree with Dabull when it comes to the closeness within the village that makes some of us want to return over and over... To know that someone has your back at all times is huge. Also with the supreme ease of gathering preps these days it makes things a good bit tougher on villagers specially those who have light or dark hearts since protection is easily attainable and very strong when combined with others. I know so many times I was wishing I was smaller or could fly to fight enemies or had just a little more resistance be it mental, or elemental, or physical.... but that just made things awesome when I finally did win.

FjarnFri 20-Jun-08 09:03 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#69336, "RE: Had a hunch I'd find you here"
In response to Reply #3

That blasted real life thing claims another one then. Good luck with the Navy, we'll see you back here in a few weeks

I've tended to gravitate toward Ragers with my characters as well. There's a brotherhood there, even without knowing the other players. I know people talk about serial ragers, and I see them when they post Battlefield responses, but I never manage to pick them out while they're alive. And honestly, I guess I don't really care to. I'd rather judge a character on the character's worth, without knowing who the player is.

But serial rager players tend to hit all the right points - courage, aggression, initiative, and area knowledge - that make for entertaining gameplay. The powers are strong enough to let you get back into the mix quickly, but with enough drawbacks that you're still an underdog against a worthy foe.

I don't know who your other villager was, and I hope I didn't tear up your shifters too badly Hah! See you in the fields!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69264 Previous topic | Next topic