Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68843
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 15-May-08 05:55 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68843, "(DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"

Wed May 14 18:37:20 2008

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ynthok perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:144

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Lonik (Guest), 15-May-08 06:18 PM, #20
Reply Subthread o' stupid removed. (n/t), Valguarnera, 15-May-08 05:57 PM, #19
Reply What was with the container-stealing? nt, Aodh, 15-May-08 12:49 PM, #15
Reply It seemed to piss people off more than being pked., Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 01:57 PM, #16
     Reply lol, of course it did., Aodh, 15-May-08 03:06 PM, #17
          Reply RE: lol, of course it did., Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 08:17 PM, #21
               Reply You died at least three times to me, Tomek, 16-May-08 09:48 AM, #23
                    Reply RE: You died at least three times to me, jhyrb (Guest), 16-May-08 11:13 AM, #24
                         Reply Like it matters. You showed yourself as an arrogant foo..., Tomek, 16-May-08 02:58 PM, #25
Reply I could never fully trusted you, but.., Fendril (Guest), 15-May-08 11:47 AM, #12
Reply RE: I could never fully trusted you, but.., Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 11:55 AM, #13
     Reply RE: I could never fully trusted you, but.., Fendril (Guest), 15-May-08 11:57 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Jhyrbian, 14-May-08 06:50 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Ilmav (Guest), 14-May-08 07:01 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 06:29 AM, #9
     Reply Ha!, Hagart (Guest), 14-May-08 07:18 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Ha!, Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 06:35 AM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Isildur, 14-May-08 07:48 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 06:30 AM, #10
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Isildur, 15-May-08 10:04 AM, #11
     Reply Well..., Ckath (Guest), 14-May-08 10:52 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Takez. (Guest), 15-May-08 02:17 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 06:37 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Micrifa (Guest), 15-May-08 04:09 PM, #18
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth, Jhyrbian, 15-May-08 08:18 PM, #22

Lonik (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 06:18 PM

#68906, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see you gone, now who is going to be my right-hand in the guild? Oh well, good luck with your move and all that. Look forward to seeing you around again, you played a quite solid character. I know that Ynthok was rather infamous, and I just hope I manage to achieve that level of infamony, though I suppose you hear it more often about others than yourself.

ValguarneraThu 15-May-08 05:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68905, "Subthread o' stupid removed. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

AodhThu 15-May-08 12:49 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68883, "What was with the container-stealing? nt"
In response to Reply #0

asdf

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 01:57 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68888, "It seemed to piss people off more than being pked."
In response to Reply #15

Seriously, I don't think I ever once bought a prep.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

AodhThu 15-May-08 03:06 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#68898, "lol, of course it did."
In response to Reply #16

Did it ever get you full-sacced? After the third container I wanted to get you badly, but alas, I am not a duerg warrior.

And lol @ RobDarken down there.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 08:17 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68908, "RE: lol, of course it did."
In response to Reply #17

Haha, no. I only died once to PK once i started getting the hang of things and he only looted crap I didn't care about so it was all good. Which was funny, I was fighting Kanjiro and his group of three and he worded, the invoker he was with had me hurt and I was bleeding so I worded but turned out Kanjiro and I had the same hometown so he got a bash off while I was at 53hps and got me! He then proceeded to get all corpse and ran off before the lag wore off for dying at the pit. Luckily he left a nodisarm mace, my girdle and all my other essential things! Thanks Tomek!!

It's really hard to bash down a thief that doesn't want to get bashed down, especially when the thief has access to aura, shield, haste, stoneskin, prot vs align. It's been a long time since i've done a thief but it was fun as hell.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

TomekFri 16-May-08 09:48 AM
Member since 04th May 2008
3 posts
#68914, "You died at least three times to me"
In response to Reply #21

I already posted my logs on Dio's by request, before seeing your comment here.

jhyrb (Guest)Fri 16-May-08 11:13 AM

#68916, "RE: You died at least three times to me"
In response to Reply #23

Ok, but doesn't that show I didn't rage delete? Even after being pked by a total idiot?

Cheers,
Jhyrb

TomekFri 16-May-08 02:58 PM
Member since 04th May 2008
3 posts
#68922, "Like it matters. You showed yourself as an arrogant foo..."
In response to Reply #24

And so you deleted in a bit later, still at mid ranks. Pretty much weak. You can quit lying too. If only you actually can.

Fendril (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 11:47 AM

#68874, "I could never fully trusted you, but.."
In response to Reply #0

You never did anything to make me believe you were going to stab me in the back. I think I caught you doing something in the cities illegal what, maybe twice? Other than that, I'm pretty sure you broke a few laws but could never prove it. You kept me on my toes. I like that. I enjoyed the talks and good luck with the move.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 11:55 AM
917 posts
#68875, "RE: I could never fully trusted you, but.."
In response to Reply #12

No, only time I was ever wanted was when you did it by accident, and you removed the flag.

I wouldn't trust me either though, good call.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

Fendril (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 11:57 AM

#68877, "RE: I could never fully trusted you, but.."
In response to Reply #13

Ha! That's right, I forgot I did that. Sorry about that, again. My brain was just not working that day. As soon as I realized what I did, I swore out loud and my wife looked at me as if I had lost it.

JhyrbianWed 14-May-08 06:50 PM
917 posts
#68844, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #0

Apparently people don't like losing; faggot, fag, asshole, assrag, ####er, bitch, ####head and others have all made their way back into the CF vernacular. To that I say - Well done people. Well done!

There are some cool left people on CF and then there are a whole lot of whiny bitches. Unfortunately there's not alot of cool people left.

Big move tomorrow, so I would lose my hard earned loot to anti-hoarde code anyway. I'll see you guys when i'm settled in with the interwebs again.

Lonik, Jil, Zuktarg, Iomiala - Good times. You guys kick some ass!
To anyone I forgot, sorry!

Cheers,
tinyirondagger

Ilmav (Guest)Wed 14-May-08 07:01 PM

#68845, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #1

I never expected a thief to be that badass. Almost had you that first go, then you just whooped it up on me. Sorry about that post, but hopefully you saw my apology. This ISP gets me in a bad mood sometimes. You always rock and CF would suck without badass peeps like you.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 06:29 AM
917 posts
#68859, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #2

No worries my friend - I'm not like most people who wet themselves if they see a log of their char. I couldn't respond anonymously to your log so I explained in a round about way what happened.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

Hagart (Guest)Wed 14-May-08 07:18 PM

#68846, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #1

Good times, good times. Shame I'm a bonehead and let you get away (even after you kept walking into it!). I'll post the log sometime and let the peanut gallery get a good chuckle. See you around.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 06:27 AM
917 posts
#68858, "RE: Ha!"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 15-May-08 06:35 AM

Haha. I shoulda used ALL my preps on you, you racist bastard!

Cheers,
Jhyrb

IsildurWed 14-May-08 07:48 PM
5969 posts
#68849, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #1

You're looking at this all wrong. When someone goes OOC and whines at you, that just makes killing them again (and again, and again) that much more satisfying. In that sense, they've made the game potentially *more* enjoyable.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 06:30 AM
917 posts
#68860, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #4

It's actually hilarious because then they're like WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH!! WHY ARE YOU GOIGN TO FULL SAC ME???? I AM GOING TO AVOID U!!! WHY HAVE YOU KILLED ME SIX TIMES!!! ARGGH!

It is fun, for the first four people that do it. Then it gets old.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

IsildurThu 15-May-08 10:04 AM
5969 posts
#68871, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #10

I think that if I were playing a Hunsobo or Igbah type character, that bashing down the Nth "normal, decent person with no gear I can use" would get old. But...I can't imagine how wasting angry/whiney guys could ever lose its charm.

If I'm playing an evil and someone tells me, "Why kill me?" after I kill them, that makes feel a little sorry for the guy. If he tells me, "im gunna full sac you, jew"...that makes me want to con-kill him.

Ckath (Guest)Wed 14-May-08 10:52 PM

#68850, "Well..."
In response to Reply #1

Didn't mind getting killed at all. Had quite some fun fighting you. BUT, all those bags stolen was VERY VERY annoying.

Takez. (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 02:17 AM

#68851, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #1

I really can't say much about this character as far as roleplay goes, as our roles really aren't set up for much favorable interaction.

I understand that ghosts getting emetic poisoned right after dieing is by design.

But I was amazed (ic and ooc) that ynthok had so much reason to hate me, that after dieing to imperials, Ynthok would return only one thing, and it would cause 28 hours of emetic poison.

I'm not complaining about it too much as I can understand that if we were mortal enemies who hated each other with a burning passion then you would want me to not only die again, but if I survived make it so that I could not gather new things. I just never got that "hatred" vibe from your character so it took me by complete surprise when you would do such a thing.

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 06:26 AM
917 posts
#68857, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Thu 15-May-08 06:37 AM

Chaotic Evil vs Ordely Good! I wanted to see if it worked, that's the first and only time I did that and it's the only item I had of yours to give back because someone dropped it and I picked it up. At least you got it back right?

PS. You should have known it was nothing personal because I was trying to give the dagger to the OTHER elf then you said it was yours. Who am I to argue?

Cheers,
Jhyrb

Micrifa (Guest)Thu 15-May-08 04:09 PM

#68901, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #1

Saw a few of your logs on Dio's, logged on and did the graveyard Ynthok, and was rather disappointed. But well, free time is so hard to find nowadays!

JhyrbianThu 15-May-08 08:18 PM
917 posts
#68909, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ynthok the Master of Stealth"
In response to Reply #18

I'll be back, don't worry!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68843 Previous topic | Next topic