Subject: "Dorfo is gone" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68716
Show all folders

Dorfo (Guest)Sat 10-May-08 10:22 AM

#68716, "Dorfo is gone"

I'm tired of dex dagger builds hopelessly shredding me. This was my first villager in about 10 years, and my first neo warrior ever. My only hero warrior was a dawn storm giant named strohmaier, pre legacies. I had a lot of fun with this character, but there are several matchups that I just don't stand a chance. One of those is dagger dex people and the mud is overflowing with them right now. I tried to make a difference in the village with all the forging, and I actually perfected forgecraft. I was disappointed with my showing on this character for several reasons, but mostly with all the mob deaths. However I'm pretty sure this was my most successful pk character. Thanks for the fun times, and I will be making another villager, but probably one that can hide or camo, oh yeah and don't forget high dex!

Bobbyp

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked teh Dorfo, too bad., Jhengar (Guest), 12-May-08 01:03 PM, #6
Reply RE: Dorfo is gone, Fjarn (Guest), 12-May-08 11:18 AM, #5
Reply RE: Dorfo is gone, Jalenkan (Guest), 10-May-08 04:27 PM, #4
Reply RE: Dorfo is gone, Mizfara (Guest), 10-May-08 11:14 AM, #1
     Reply Yeah sorry about the gear, Dorfo (Guest), 10-May-08 02:53 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Yeah sorry about the gear, Kalageadon, 10-May-08 02:56 PM, #3

Jhengar (Guest)Mon 12-May-08 01:03 PM

#68762, "I liked teh Dorfo, too bad."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed having a dwarf around (selfishly) for the uber forging you could do. More specifically, though, I just felt dwarf the few times we interacted, which is a good thing.

I know dexy chars can be a bitch, believe me. Its possible to still play a non dexy spec...not easy, and not if you can't take people bitching at you that you use the same tactics, but its possible.

Come on back now ya hear.

Fjarn (Guest)Mon 12-May-08 11:18 AM

#68760, "RE: Dorfo is gone"
In response to Reply #0

I appreciated the way you took it upon yourself to become the Village Blacksmith. Like most paths in CF, the village can be an open book for characters who are willing to take the initiative to start something. It's that kind of initiative that can turn an average experience great, and I'm sad to see that you didn't hang in there. But, like others have said, if you don't feel it with the character, it's probably time to delete and try something new. Good luck with your next.

Jalenkan (Guest)Sat 10-May-08 04:27 PM

#68722, "RE: Dorfo is gone"
In response to Reply #0

Man am I gonna miss you... who am I going to get to forge my weapons?
Anyway the trick to those dagger builds is:
1: slow them down,
2: -dex,
3: hit really hard,
4: hit them fast or
5: Pick a legacy that nerfs - stats.
maybe 6: Is getting first strike but less important.

You could have made it to hero... several hero villagers are around that could have given you a hand but I can understand when chars just go all wrong, or have a bad feel to them. I hope you make it back soon I always enjoyed our interactions or lack there of.

Mizfara (Guest)Sat 10-May-08 11:14 AM

#68717, "RE: Dorfo is gone"
In response to Reply #0

I was sort of pissed when you looted my magical stuff after I died fighting an evil mage, but I got over it.

If it's any consolation, I get tooled by "that guy" too.

Out of curiosity, what was the biggest forge bonus you ever got? I remember back in the day, Juhldalor gave me a wakizashi that was...9/9? 12/12? Something ridiculous like that.

Dorfo (Guest)Sat 10-May-08 02:53 PM

#68720, "Yeah sorry about the gear"
In response to Reply #1

I was still pretty new at the time and wanted to make a good impression by shifting the veil several times. Turns out your gear didn't shift it once...

The most I got with forgeborn I think was 8/8, and it halves the duration between uses. Thanks for warning me about evil assassins stalking me.

KalageadonSat 10-May-08 02:56 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68721, "RE: Yeah sorry about the gear"
In response to Reply #2

I happen to hold one of your forgings that is 8/11. fyi

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68716 Previous topic | Next topic