Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68659
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 08-May-08 06:16 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68659, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard of the Arcane"

Thu May 8 18:13:58 2008

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Ilirenen perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:184

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes!, Ilirenen (Guest), 13-May-08 07:49 AM, #11
Reply Farewell, Master Mage, Humbert (Guest), 11-May-08 10:25 AM, #3
Reply Yah that 16 kills, 13 of which were assists pk ratio is..., Guy (Guest), 11-May-08 10:37 AM, #4
Reply Can't forget about that 2.4 gang ratio n/t, JMMC (Guest), 11-May-08 07:49 PM, #6
Reply fake post above. nt, Humbert (Guest), 12-May-08 08:36 AM, #7
     Reply Goodbye, Krilcov. (n/t), Valguarnera, 12-May-08 06:38 PM, #8
          Reply Which one was fake?, Isildur, 12-May-08 07:01 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Which one was fake?, Valguarnera, 12-May-08 07:06 PM, #10
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard o..., Mizfara (Guest), 08-May-08 08:48 PM, #1
     Reply This char was pretty good., Fireguy (Guest), 09-May-08 12:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard o..., Istdinen (Guest), 11-May-08 03:37 PM, #5

Ilirenen (Guest)Tue 13-May-08 07:49 AM

#68793, "Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #0

I had alot of fun over the past couple of months getting 'back into' the game for a little while, and I had a great time...

However, life has gotten to busy to MUD... wife, two kids, job, new business, masters degree etc, all more important at this point..... I'm not 16 anymore.. Now i'm 30, Time to move on!

This will be my last character, ever.... and I was looking forward to the delete delete...

To everyone i've played with over the past decade and a half, it was a lots of fun.

Fortress, you were great, and in my mind I was trying to bring back the 'knights of old' - who were a bunch of badasses... but.. it wasn't ment to be... When I was the Leader of the Dawn, we had dawnites who kicked more ass, but... to get inducted back then you had to do several quests, know how to get preps, and it went beyond a hour interview and boom induction.

My FAVORITE induction was my first entropy character.. back in the days when PICO was new.. STARLET inducted me.. She wouldn't even TALK to me unless we were fighting in Galadon.... like punching each other and running all over the city with arbiters chasing us around... I mean.. Good grief, THATS an interview.

c 'summon' hobgoblin;murder hobgoblin;get purple;

To the Immortals of CF:

The immortal staff seems more involved than ever in the game, which is both a good and bad thing....

The Good: Random quests, Immteraction, mobs randomly roleplaying with you, etc was all very very cool, the atmosphere of 'you are being watched' really is great... the access to immortal interaction 'makes' the game. You guys are the reason to come back for more...

The Bad: Immortals are no longer "feared" as gods were in the past. #### I would be terrified of the random slay from Cador. The Smite from Thror... I remember I would say 'HAIL' and I would be pelted by hail from Sebeok... Twist actually REMOVED spells from me if I said they were worthless...

Priolith the Immolated? Every 24 hours I would get immolated... for pissing off some god...

With Juhldalor I all but DESERVED to be chain slayed.. nothin happened... I think I got
smited once by Enlilth when I basically cursed him out in Dwarvish He attacked me in the shrine of Ysal once, but that was all RP related...

You gotta bring back the fear of the gods wrath kinda thing.. I was TRYING to get
smited by Baerinika.. she never did it.. I mean.. I called her 'elfy' like a dozen times and was cursing my brains out.. in CB.. while talking down to elves...

SMITE ME!!

Anyway. Sorry for the Rant, CF has been apart of my life for just about half of it, and it's sad to let it go, but at the same time, Glad to be free.

To everyone who takes this too seriously... Guys.. it's a game. Stop thinking it's the super secret omg they will kill me if I tell you this because it's top secret stuff...

Play the game.

Oh. P.S.

The sleeper walks still in the Shadows...

P.P.S. No, you can't get in.

P.P.P.S. Yes, you can get eyes.

CW - Signing off

Humbert (Guest)Sun 11-May-08 10:25 AM

#68733, "Farewell, Master Mage"
In response to Reply #0

Goodness, I had mad respect for you. You were solid, a dedicated pker (which I think all Maran should be), and I was looking forward to some crazy hero range pk with you, transmuter + warrior is just so gay. What's better - skilled transmuter! If our times were similar and we were both heroes I'm sure there'd soon be complaints on dio's I really dig a mage who can kick ass and seal kills (I've played mages before, to little success).

Guy (Guest)Sun 11-May-08 10:37 AM

#68734, "Yah that 16 kills, 13 of which were assists pk ratio is..."
In response to Reply #3

asdf

JMMC (Guest)Sun 11-May-08 07:49 PM

#68742, "Can't forget about that 2.4 gang ratio n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Humbert (Guest)Mon 12-May-08 08:36 AM

#68753, "fake post above. nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

ValguarneraMon 12-May-08 06:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68770, "Goodbye, Krilcov. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #7

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

IsildurMon 12-May-08 07:01 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68773, "Which one was fake?"
In response to Reply #8

The original, or the one claiming the original was a fake?

ValguarneraMon 12-May-08 07:06 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68774, "RE: Which one was fake?"
In response to Reply #9

The fake post was the second one. It was posted by Krilcov, not Humbert. He's now banned, for this and other issues.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 08-May-08 08:48 PM

#68662, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard o..."
In response to Reply #0

First the good:

1. Clearly you weren't the type to sit around with your thumb up your butt when there was evil to be killed. Kudos on that.

2. You came up with interesting and challenging tasks for Fort applicants that were designed to teach them something. That was also good. Though, I'd argue a few of them were a little too challenging, but that's just details.

3. After becoming a Maran, you made a point to take time to try and educate other cabal members. Also very cool.

Now the bad:

4. The "Sir" stuff really started to get on my nerves after a while. Yeah, yeah, I get that it was part of your ex-Imperial role-play, but once the image of Marcie and Peppermint Patty came to mind, I couldn't think of anything else. Every time you called me "sir" I imagined myself in a green V-neck and flip-flops. No to mention the fact that I'm not a dude.

5. It really seemed like the "teaching the Squires" stuff was designed as a ploy to get Marshall. I mean, I like that you were willing to take the time, but not if you were doing it just to get a position. Maybe that wasn't the case, but the fact that you actually nominated yourself sure made it seem that way.

6. I felt a little weird when you approached me and said, in not so many words, "I look forward to rolling people with you." This, as someone who seemed fairly capable of rolling people all by his lonesome.

All told, you were at least "memorable", which is more than a lot of people can say. So count that as a success. Hopefully you'll come back with another.

Fireguy (Guest)Fri 09-May-08 12:46 PM

#68689, "This char was pretty good."
In response to Reply #1

There where alot of times you could gank me, and you didnt. You even worded a groupmate that one time so he couldnt loot all that.
I like the rp, glwtn

Istdinen (Guest)Sun 11-May-08 03:37 PM

#68737, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ilirenen the High Wizard o..."
In response to Reply #1

I always dislike seeing a rage delete. Granted I was not there so I do not know the circumstances. You could have very well left cracking jokes and cackling like a madman. I think Mizfara really hit it on the head with her observations about this character, and it makes even more sense now that I know your background was that of one who was an ex-Imperial. I also had a couple of thoughts I would like to add from what I was able to see.

As Mizfara stated you were not one to sit around doing nothing. Rallying people to do what the Maran mission was all about. I especially liked that it wasn't always the standard; "Do we have -insert enemy item of power here-. No? Lets go get it." Among others, that seemed to be their single goal. You included other events that concerned the Fortress. I really try to stress that myself, so it was nice to have someone I could back up and that would back me up. Some of the primary senior characters in the Fortress need to take up the mantle of teaching others not only to survive, but to win. You jumped into doing that head first with a decent margin of success. Great initiative.

As for the negative..

Perhaps I had a skewed view of this, but I have always hated the role of 'Pocket Healer,' (someone actually, verbatim, called Istdinen that IC) and I sometimes felt that was the only thing you were looking for from him. The majority of our interactions had to do with going with X,Y and Z to keep them safe. Not to say that Istdinen is not there for that, as it is one of his major concerns as far as the Fort goes, but I would have liked to have seen more of the personality aspect of roleplay from you, towards Istdinen and the other Acolytes.

All in all, I found you to be an enjoyable character and your presence will be missed.

Istdinen

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68659 Previous topic | Next topic