Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68582
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 05-May-08 12:36 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68582, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary of the Faithful, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Mon May 5 12:33:34 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Zantosis perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:healer
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:107

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..., Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 12:47 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..., marcatis, 05-May-08 01:08 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..., Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 01:39 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..., Mizfara (Guest), 05-May-08 02:29 PM, #13
Reply Came up with some ideas because of your, Unkahu (Guest), 05-May-08 06:34 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Came up with some ideas because of your, Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 10:22 PM, #16
          Reply What where the chances? I had better things to do. nt, Unkahu (Guest), 06-May-08 04:41 PM, #17
Reply Sad to see you go..., Teldasill (Guest), 05-May-08 01:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: Sad to see you go..., Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 01:33 PM, #6
Reply Well, shoot..., I r the walrus. (Guest), 05-May-08 01:34 PM, #7
Reply Dispite what I said, I liked you, Jhengar (Guest), 05-May-08 01:37 PM, #8
Reply RE: Dispite what I said, I liked you, Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 01:42 PM, #10
Reply [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary of the Faithfu..., Koolchi (Guest), 05-May-08 04:11 PM, #14
Reply Wow, this is upsetting..., Fendril (Guest), 05-May-08 12:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Wow, this is upsetting..., Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 12:50 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Wow, this is upsetting..., Fendril (Guest), 05-May-08 01:58 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Wow, this is upsetting..., Zantosis (Guest), 05-May-08 02:01 PM, #12

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 12:47 PM

#68585, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..."
In response to Reply #0

Pretty decent character. I'd tried a couple Marcatis followers before, but never got very far in the religion. To be honest, I don't think I got all that far into it with this character either, heh. But I had fun with it, and to anyone looking to roll an empowerment character out there, Marcatis is a good choice. Thanks for your patience with me in trying to figure it out, Marcatis.

I was originally going to go Fortress, but I couldn't remember having seen a competent Tribunal healer in a while, so I went that route. I made a few mistakes, but mostly in the lower ranks, and I'd like to think as time went on I got better at playing the role of healer.

The class itself, though, got a bit boring after a while. A good cabal battle is fun and challenging, keeping everyone alive, but Tribunals really only ever fight Outlanders, and it's not that often that A) You'll have decent numbers on both sides, and B) Both sides decide to throw down. I eventually snagged some of the eqp required for healers to pkill, but the old gate to the victim, fight a while, recall, go into healing sleep, and gating back gets boring real quick. Getting the itch for another char, so I decided to pull the plug now, instead of just going inactive for weeks on end.

I don't really post player by player goodbyes, so I'll just give a shout out to everyone I interacted with, especially the Tribs.

marcatisMon 05-May-08 01:08 PM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68587, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..."
In response to Reply #2

Hey,

In a lot of ways, Zantosis was one of my favorite followers--you did a great job of preaching, and quite often I'd hear your comments on the cabal channel and really appreciate all your efforts. Particularly your arguments with the evils/necromancers. Very much stuff I like to see.

That being said, you are right about the religion. You got decently into it, but quite often I felt like you were just stabbing in the dark and hoping you hit something. You often did, but not in the way you meant, which left me in an awkward position of trying to help you get there the right way, (all those both right & wrong comments). Anyway, I think we would have eventually gotten you there--as you can tell it really is a slow thinking religion, but you were putting in good effort.

In terms of Tribunal, I also had hopes for you. A good healer, competent, all good things, so very much a shame to see you go. But getting bored does happen. Anyway, thanks for all the effort with religion/cabal and good luck with your next.

-Marcatis

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:39 PM

#68594, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..."
In response to Reply #4

I always felt for you...you're right. A lot of the time I was so confused I was just stabbing in the dark, and I knew you were struggling to find a way to help me understand without breaking your own roleplay. But again, thanks for your patience.

Mizfara (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 02:29 PM

#68599, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary ..."
In response to Reply #9

As someone who's been there, let me say that there's probably always going to be a fair bit of "stabbing in the dark" when having a "religion talk" with Marcatis. I can't speak for him, but I'm guessing that's by design. It's not a religion where everything is spelled out in the help file, and many of the questions you get asked aren't something you can just "logic out". I'll say more about this when my character's gone.

Unkahu (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 06:34 PM

#68612, "Came up with some ideas because of your"
In response to Reply #4

non stop gatting murder while fort was hunting my sorry hide.

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 10:22 PM

#68619, "RE: Came up with some ideas because of your"
In response to Reply #15

What can I say, times were boring and you were often the only one in my range that pkilling was justified for. If I made your playing unfun, sorry. But for what it's worth, if you'd actually fought me out once, with one of us dying, I'd have left you alone for at least a day or two after that.

Unkahu (Guest)Tue 06-May-08 04:41 PM

#68628, "What where the chances? I had better things to do. nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

Teldasill (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:18 PM

#68588, "Sad to see you go..."
In response to Reply #2

You always kept me on my toes when you were on, getting gated to and cursed at any time really blows. Not to mention ratted out for where I was.

You were really solid though, I was really happy you took the time to RP with me for awhile that one day. It gave me a lot of insight into your character and showed me what kind of player you were. I really love when the PK is set aside and that RP is established between enemies, it creates a lot more respect on my side.

At least I got you one time before you went though, you take care and I'll see you in the fields sooner then later I hope.

-Telda

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:33 PM

#68591, "RE: Sad to see you go..."
In response to Reply #5

Out of all the Outlanders, I think Teldasill was my favorite, if only because of that conversation we had. Likewise, it gave me a lot of insight into your character. I knew I never really had a shot at killing you, you could shape eagle/fly if it got dicey, but times were boring and you were a criminal, heh.

And that time you got us in Hamsah, man, what a circus that was. I couldn't believe the other Magistrate had gone afk in your guild while you were around, and while talking to him I forgot you had the tiger form, heh. You came up and attacked, and as I was at my recall spot recalling didn't do much, and I couldn't flee to teleport. Good kills on your part.

Got a plan for my next, so I'll see you around.

I r the walrus. (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:34 PM

#68592, "Well, shoot..."
In response to Reply #2

I'll echo the disappointment with deletion but hey, what are you gonna do when things just aren't that exciting? A healer can be tough to stay interested in, and being good-aligned might have limited you further, so I feel for you. Was good to have you around while you were around.

Jhengar (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:37 PM

#68593, " Dispite what I said, I liked you"
In response to Reply #2

Jhengar's pretty dim, so fresher memories outweigh past ones, but I thought you rp'd a trib healer well. I would've done the same thing with a nexan in your shoes.

Make a villager or something

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:42 PM

#68595, "RE: Dispite what I said, I liked you"
In response to Reply #8

I've never played a villager, and I'm pondering what to roll now. Maybe, heh.

Koolchi (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 04:11 PM

#68600, "[TRIBUNAL] Zantosis Olariaz the Luminary of the Faithfu..."
In response to Reply #2

Now this sucks...I was planning on a trip. Got the warriors and mages and you were the healer. But thats gone now. We need a Vindicator, make one.

Fendril (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 12:39 PM

#68583, "Wow, this is upsetting..."
In response to Reply #0

I was really looking forward to having you around was the old elf finally kicks the bucket! What happened?

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 12:50 PM

#68586, "RE: Wow, this is upsetting..."
In response to Reply #1

Heh. Fendril was fun to be logged on with. You definitely knew your way around the cabal, and almost always organized us all the best way possible. I fully expect to see you nab the Provost position when the old elf kicks it.

Fendril (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:58 PM

#68596, "RE: Wow, this is upsetting..."
In response to Reply #3

When things start to get boring, what can you do. I deffinately thought you might have been getting bored when you kept gating to everyone. The thing that happened in Hamsah, Fendril was trying to find a way to agree with you but he couldn't do it. It just seemed wrong to him. Sorry. I enjoyed the time, and look forward to your next.

Zantosis (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 02:01 PM

#68597, "RE: Wow, this is upsetting..."
In response to Reply #11

That thing in Hamsah, I only reported to stay IC--it was quite possible a crime had been committed. Behind the screen I was hoping you wouldn't flag her, because that would have been a really cheap flag, and Tribs get enough heat as it is.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68582 Previous topic | Next topic