Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xiu the Harai Goshi" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68492
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 01-May-08 07:04 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16910 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68492, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xiu the Harai Goshi"

Thu May 1 19:02:44 2008

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Xiu perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:37
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:184

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xiu the Harai Goshi, Skjald (Guest), 05-May-08 02:26 AM, #17
Reply Ruhktanshi!, Xiu (Guest), 05-May-08 07:48 PM, #18
Reply I'm dead., Xiu (Guest), 01-May-08 07:09 PM, #1
     Reply I thought you were awesome (I was Vrtainen)., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:32 PM, #2
     Reply You weren't too shabby either--On both accounts. NT, Xiu (Guest), 01-May-08 07:33 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I'm dead., Jalenkan (Guest), 01-May-08 07:56 PM, #4
     Reply You stuck-up bastard :P, Xiu (Guest), 01-May-08 08:21 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I'm dead., Fjarn (Guest), 01-May-08 07:59 PM, #5
     Reply Aye, Commander., Xiu (Guest), 01-May-08 08:28 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I'm dead., Om nom nom Dead (Guest), 02-May-08 10:30 AM, #8
     Reply :( Nt, Xiu (Guest), 02-May-08 12:54 PM, #11
          Reply RE: :( Nt, Om Nom Nom (Guest), 05-May-08 01:26 AM, #16
               Reply There was once...., Damndruidrole (Guest), 07-May-08 04:37 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I'm dead., Inger (Guest), 02-May-08 10:37 AM, #9
     Reply You were a beast, Xiu (Guest), 02-May-08 12:56 PM, #12
     Reply Fun is where it's at., GinGa, 02-May-08 11:49 AM, #10
     Reply I tell you who da best, mayn. I da best. I deeeed it. N..., Xiu (Guest), 02-May-08 12:57 PM, #13
     Reply Sorry dude., Jiahe (Guest), 02-May-08 06:53 PM, #14
     Reply It's fine., Xiu (Guest), 03-May-08 09:47 AM, #15
     Reply RE: I'm dead., Pargtorix, 06-May-08 09:26 PM, #19
          Reply I hated that you dissapeared., Xiu (Guest), 07-May-08 04:35 PM, #20
               Reply RE: I hated that you dissapeared., Pargtorix, 07-May-08 06:34 PM, #22

Skjald (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 02:26 AM

#68563, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xiu the Harai Goshi"
In response to Reply #0

A great loss to the village. You were fun to be around and my only friend when I was applicant. Sad to see this.

-Ruhktanshi

Xiu (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 07:48 PM

#68614, "Ruhktanshi!"
In response to Reply #17

Adored your character. I loved the poems, and you were the first applicant who--When inducted--Immediately went to work on something large--That improved list. I hope I helped in it somewhere....Took me forever to get that list into note format.
I enjoyed our first spar, and very much enjoyed the random songs you'd toss my way.
Lastly, since this goodbye thread is as short as a gnome(I know it was corny, silly, and not funny in the least bit, but I can't help it); I very much enjoyed your take on the Village, history, and most of all your speech-pattern. I'm very used to the common found, common used speech tossed around through multiple characters, but yours was refreshing and enjoyable to read.
Good luck with the Village--I'll be back in there soon with something or another.
~~Xiu

Xiu (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 07:09 PM

#68493, "I'm dead."
In response to Reply #0

Very enjoyable character, loved 90% of the characters I interacted with.
Battle has some interesting chars at the moment, I love the diversity and the constant banter.
This will be short, sweet, and I'll respond to anything--
Props to: Klurak, Fjarn, Praeto, Inger, Jalenkan.
I'm sure there's more, but I'm eating right now, and being lazy.
Xiu was a very fun character; I had her focused on serving the leaders of Battle as much as she could, rather than just work alone. I distanced her slightly from working with other Ragers, though--But not to the point of being Drovis.
I tried to work as much as I could passing out bandages, gearing lowbies, and scouting since I wasn't exactly the best at PK.
Thanks to everyone who interacted with me, it made playing very enjoyable.
I'll return shortly.(My favorite logout text)

TheLastMohicanThu 01-May-08 07:32 PM
Member since 25th Oct 2005
342 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68495, "I thought you were awesome (I was Vrtainen)."
In response to Reply #1

You definitely had spunk and were crazy/suicidal just like my main man Shamanman.

Xiu (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 07:33 PM

#68496, "You weren't too shabby either--On both accounts. NT"
In response to Reply #2

I lolled.

Jalenkan (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 07:56 PM

#68498, "RE: I'm dead."
In response to Reply #1

I can't believe that you died... I truly enjoyed your character. I know I was very up on myself at first but well... maybe still am somewhat... but I really liked our interactions even the little comments about me being a bit too full of myself. I don't know if your new or just new to the class but sometimes I would be thinking darn this girl is good and other times what the hell was she thinking? If I had known you woulda gotten stuck or was hurting this bad I would have done everything I could to get you some titles and more con. I am still glad you got some enjoyment out of the char and I hope you roll up another soon. I still have the logs of many of our early interactions including my first time in the arena, they are a bit boring but I may edit and post them if you like.

GLWYN

Xiu (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 08:21 PM

#68500, "You stuck-up bastard :P"
In response to Reply #4

I thought Jalenkan was amazingly well played.
Post any logs you have of Xiu anytime, I don't mind.
Jalenkan, unlike many other Ragers, would take to raiding solo immediately--Sometimes annoyingly because you wouldn't even mention the raid...The Codex would just suddenly appear with us .
I know many an applicant I watched, or talked to found you as an inspiration(Yes, of course they were goodies). Still, I found you a cocky, strong, very leadership-possible character.
I loved those small moments, more than anything, where the cockyness would dissapear and you'd say something hilarious.
Keep up with the Magi smashing.

Fjarn (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 07:59 PM

#68499, "RE: I'm dead."
In response to Reply #1

Xiu was an outstanding character. It was fitting that you went out sieging the Island. You were my eyes and ears, always keeping an eye on applicants and enemies. Xiu was the epitome of an excellent scout - and the fact that you were a defender made our little excursions to the Island fun and manageable. Well, sometimes manageable.

I wish I had time to say more, but I'm pushing my luck as it is. My heart sank when you fell that last time, but I'm strangely glad that I could be there when it happened. Best of luck, and you'd better return shortly!

Xiu (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 08:28 PM

#68501, "Aye, Commander."
In response to Reply #5

I agree, falling at the Island was fitting--But I was slightly hoping that they'd fight me one on one instead of the double, so I'd have a chance to survive and gain a small bit more of con.
Serving Fjarn was Xiu's, and my, pleasure. Xiu followed applicants, listening and watching everything they did and said, and did the same to enemies, and Villagers alike. It gave her, hopefully, a beneficial tinge to the Commander in knowing what was going on, even if he was logged out at the time.
Xiu's TOP priority in the Village, even though it should have been Mage hunting, was serving the current Commander. She would give her life at a word, and would hike across Thera to toss a bandage their way.
I loved all of our interactions, more than any other character I think--As you were a great Commander, a wonderful roleplayer(Especially when motivating, calming a fight, or teaching tactics), and funny as #### when the time came around.
I think, without Fjarn, Xiu would have had much less to do, and the character would have gone in a different direction, but with your policies and the difference between you and the Drillmaster, I always was busy.
Once again--Amazing character, top of all I've seen around at the moment, I believe.
Favorite moment: Fjarn slowly rotting near the Consortium.
"How many Ragers does it take to stop Fjarn rotting?"

Om nom nom Dead (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 10:30 AM

#68509, "RE: I'm dead."
In response to Reply #1

Xiusux About time you con died, it seemed like you were unghosting every five minutes when I actually played

Xiu (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 12:54 PM

#68512, ":( Nt"
In response to Reply #8

Where is my dog?

Om Nom Nom (Guest)Mon 05-May-08 01:26 AM

#68561, "RE: :( Nt"
In response to Reply #11

It's dead Jim. Write my damn druid role, you lazy bastid! :p

Damndruidrole (Guest)Wed 07-May-08 04:37 PM

#68643, "There was once...."
In response to Reply #16

A druid man thing who was raised by animals and stuff. He was raped by bears each day. He liked it. Then civilization sucked and stuff, so he started humping trees and throwing coins into lakes for wishes and stuff like edges. Then the druid man did stuff and became determined to do stuff not just blandly, but more radically. Druid man(third cousin to Shamanman) joined the Refuge and provided soft love for any animals and need and also raided the Spire with lots of stuff and things.
PS co thorns.

Inger (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 10:37 AM

#68510, "RE: I'm dead."
In response to Reply #1

Xiu was awesome. I enjoyed every moment I got to be around you, and think that you sell yourself short if you say you weren't that good at pk. I saw you kick some ass. I only wish you would have tried to bump into the hero ranks more. Oh well, nice work!

Xiu (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 12:56 PM

#68513, "You were a beast"
In response to Reply #9

From the lower ranks, when I followed you around and watched you--You were beastly. I think I only personally saw you die once. I watched, laughing, how Magi would flee whatever area you entered. I told Fjarn over and over how wonderful you were , I couldn't help it.
Hero ranks--I wanted to get to, but the last time out ranking I was ambushed and almost lost my final con to Unkahu. So, I went ahead and joined the raid, even though I took a guess that I'd fall--Xiu can't back down from helping the Commander.
If you don't get a beastly title or something, I'll be mad.

GinGaFri 02-May-08 11:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
#68511, "Fun is where it's at."
In response to Reply #1

GLWYN, ignore the naysayers because if you enjoyed it without having to put down everyone else - you won.

Yhorian

Xiu (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 12:57 PM

#68514, "I tell you who da best, mayn. I da best. I deeeed it. N..."
In response to Reply #10

Worst rap battle ever.

Jiahe (Guest)Fri 02-May-08 06:53 PM

#68520, "Sorry dude."
In response to Reply #1

You were amazingly annoying to fight. I couldnt believe how I couldnt beat you. Sorry had to fight you with Rivenian there, but I knew that I didnt really have a chance of killing you alone.

Xiu (Guest)Sat 03-May-08 09:47 AM

#68527, "It's fine."
In response to Reply #14

I really didn't have a chance to kill you either--I could hurt you heavily, as long as you weren't shielded up by the Invoker, but as I didn't have many of my kicks, and throws don't work on you--I'd have to stick to scissor kick to lag, which isn't exactly the most holding of skills.
So I couldn't kill you, you bashed me .
It's fine, I just wanted to see if I could live a little bit longer without dying--But there were some close calls.
Killed Unhaku and I was left at 38hp or something that desperately low, then fought a thief who was after me and killed him as well--Just so many close calls, really made Xiu's last days interesting.
Keep bashing

PargtorixTue 06-May-08 09:26 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2008
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68631, "RE: I'm dead."
In response to Reply #1

To Xiu,
I will miss you. I read the scroll that said you'd passed and was pretty sad. Now I'm either dead or the game crashed. Either way, my computer sounds like it's going to explode because the fan is going nuts. I figured I'd come post my regards.

I really liked rolling with Xiu and I was really sad that you didn't rank up a bit. For god's sake, you were one of the ones who recommended me to get in even. I was hoping to pull you up by the ears, but alas, my time got tared by real life and then you were dead. You always jumped right into things and I loved that about you. Back when Nexus was rocking our socks off, you and I would spend an hour to get the head back between the healing we needed and the healing that the nexans could give the guardian. I don't think the two of us together ever got driven off, though. It was a lot of fun to run with you. Good luck with your current (I think I'm late to this party).

-PP

Xiu (Guest)Wed 07-May-08 04:35 PM

#68642, "I hated that you dissapeared."
In response to Reply #19

You, as you mentioned, jumped into everything with me . Oh, what's that? The Nexus has fifty defenders and we're the only Villagers on? Let's think of tacti--CHARGE!
Very enjoyable, always--I got slightly caught away from ranking when I really started focusing on watching applicants, and bandaging every Rager that moved, sadly.
I'm glad you came back, took you long enough--And you had better keep kicking ass.
If the computer explodes and you die, I call your herbs.

PargtorixWed 07-May-08 06:34 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2008
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68646, "RE: I hated that you dissapeared."
In response to Reply #20

Real life kicked me in the nads. I really wanted to have more time to play but I really just didn't. I'm in the clear for a little while, now. So here I am, and now you're gone.

Hope you're out there in the fields having a ball with something.
-PP

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68492 Previous topic | Next topic