Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Venecfis the Herald of War" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68419
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 01-May-08 09:25 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16907 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68419, "(DELETED) [None] Venecfis the Herald of War"

Wed Apr 30 23:31:42 2008

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Venecfis perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:191

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Venecfis the Herald of War, Mizfara (Guest), 01-May-08 01:02 AM, #2
Reply My original post, besides pointing a finger at individu..., Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 01:04 AM, #3
Reply Oh also, as for losing my weapon today..., Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 01:11 AM, #4
     Reply Just another thing to blame Nepenthe for :) No one want..., DaBull (Guest), 01-May-08 01:16 AM, #5
          Reply Ive lost 2 con to high lvl ganks in two days. nt, Morn (Guest), 01-May-08 04:14 PM, #28
Reply Goodbye, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 12:43 AM, #1
     Reply Damn! Cleave!!, Inger (Guest), 01-May-08 01:29 AM, #6
     Reply Cleave really worked well for me, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 04:00 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Ajirkahn (Guest), 01-May-08 02:06 AM, #7
     Reply Sometimes you did, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 04:03 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Kayella (Guest), 01-May-08 02:09 AM, #8
     Reply You mentioning low-hanging fruit makes me laugh. NT, Vrtainen (Guest), 01-May-08 02:25 AM, #9
     Reply If you know the player behind the char - Its normal for..., Forty (Guest), 01-May-08 03:30 AM, #11
          Reply Nice try?, Kayella (Guest), 01-May-08 03:38 AM, #12
     Reply I agree in some ways, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 03:29 PM, #22
          Reply RE: I agree in some ways, Mizfara (Guest), 01-May-08 04:20 PM, #29
               Reply Hah!, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 04:39 PM, #32
                    Reply RE: Hah!, Mizfara (Guest), 01-May-08 04:59 PM, #37
                         Reply Oh, so that's what happened, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 05:08 PM, #39
                              Reply RE: Oh, so that's what happened, Mizfara (Guest), 01-May-08 08:32 PM, #48
     Reply Goods and bads, Xubetok (Guest), 01-May-08 02:28 AM, #10
     Reply Didn't ever get to interact with either, to low lvl but..., Khurga (Guest), 01-May-08 08:54 AM, #13
     Reply In a sense, you're right, Cleave Spam (Guest), 01-May-08 03:18 PM, #19
     Reply Later, Seyriannia (Guest), 01-May-08 08:59 AM, #14
     Reply That doesn't fly., Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 03:57 PM, #24
          Reply I'm not playing for pk numbers., Seyriannia (Guest), 01-May-08 04:31 PM, #31
          Reply Fin, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 04:42 PM, #34
          Reply You've now tried the summon;cold be sleep;neuro with me..., DaBull (Guest), 01-May-08 06:55 PM, #45
          Reply He's playing less. and we all know who he is playing no..., Tekkorahn (Guest), 01-May-08 04:39 PM, #33
     Reply 7-8 Encounters - You would not fight me one vs. one. tw..., Ilirenen (Guest), 01-May-08 01:53 PM, #15
     Reply This post makes me sick. Two reasons within..., DaBull (Guest), 01-May-08 01:56 PM, #16
     Reply The same way you organize a hell trip.. or a herald eve..., Ilirenen (Guest), 01-May-08 02:30 PM, #17
          Reply RE: The same way you organize a hell trip.. or a herald..., Isildur, 01-May-08 05:02 PM, #38
          Reply Ughm - Herald Event? Cabal Trip to Arin'Gird? That's al..., Ilirenen (Guest), 01-May-08 05:17 PM, #40
               Reply Can the imms either talk to him or ban him?, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:21 PM, #41
               Reply It's hard to deny truth - and current events., Ilirenen (Guest), 01-May-08 06:22 PM, #42
                    Reply Hey tard, do you really not see the difference?, JMCC, 01-May-08 07:17 PM, #46
                         Reply RE: Hey tard, do you really not see the difference?, Ilirenen (Guest), 01-May-08 07:34 PM, #47
               Reply RE: Ughm - Herald Event? Cabal Trip to Arin'Gird? That'..., Isildur, 01-May-08 08:34 PM, #49
          Reply Oh, I know what you were talking about. Like I said, i..., DaBull (Guest), 01-May-08 06:46 PM, #44
     Reply III wouldn't fight you one on one?, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 03:23 PM, #20
          Reply I was about to ask how cry'ed mess with one on one :) n..., Elhe (Guest), 01-May-08 04:22 PM, #30
     Reply I really liked this character, Dorfo (Guest), 01-May-08 03:01 PM, #18
     Reply Dorfo seemed cool, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 03:58 PM, #25
     Reply What do you think of Multikillin Angelguy and Swordbash..., Arden (Guest), 01-May-08 03:23 PM, #21
     Reply Never fought the angelguy, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 03:47 PM, #23
     Reply Whatever., Rakhir (Guest), 01-May-08 04:46 PM, #35
          Reply Actually, it sure is an excuse, Venecfis (Guest), 01-May-08 04:54 PM, #36
               Reply Not really., Rakhir (Guest), 01-May-08 06:03 PM, #51
                    Reply Wow you're so right!, JMCC, 01-May-08 06:28 PM, #43
                         Reply RE: Wow you're so right!, Isildur, 01-May-08 08:39 PM, #50

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:02 AM

#68424, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Venecfis the Herald of War"
In response to Reply #0

I'm going to reply to the original post since I'm almost positive your response won't stay up.

Venecfis seemed to dish out some serious beatings prior to hitting hero ranks, which is why I think people were so primed to gank you down once you got there. More than once I heard something on cb that went like, "Venecfis at the fortress," followed by, "Nevermind, I'm dead."

That said, I don't recall ever ganging you. As a matter of fact, when I saw you fighting those ragers under the Sea of Despair I made a conscious decision not to assist them. Though, if it had been me that killed you, I was going to sac the weapon too. From an RP perspective, I just couldn't handle the fact that some part of my "essence" was helping you whack innocents.

That time with Dkarfvoor...man, I'm just dumb sometimes. The owaza was on purpose. I figured you were there, but figured I could also last long enough to get Dkarfvoor and still escape with my life. Which turned out to be accurate. Why I subsequently tried to kans you I'll never know. Saw that you were covered with wounds and I had about 350 hp left, and for some reason in my brain that translated to, "Holy crap! Maybe I can take both of them down!" Ahem...no.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:04 AM

#68425, "My original post, besides pointing a finger at individu..."
In response to Reply #2

That being said, if they delete it, I might clean it up.

Sorry I didn't mention you. You were ok. You weren't that ganky. I don't have a problem with you.

If I say 'fortress in general', the players know who I am talking about.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:11 AM

#68426, "Oh also, as for losing my weapon today..."
In response to Reply #2

If it wasn't the #### that was continuously going on in the game, I would've just accepted it immediately. It came a bit after, unfortunately.

Gang? Are you serious? I was a fire giant AP...you know the level range on that stuff? It's not that people were 'so primed' to gank me down, but rather that I had to deal with nothing else but gangs from most of the high level characters.

DaBull (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:16 AM

#68427, "Just another thing to blame Nepenthe for :) No one want..."
In response to Reply #4

NT

Morn (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:14 PM

#68461, "Ive lost 2 con to high lvl ganks in two days. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 12:43 AM

#68422, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Ridiculous. ####ing ridiculous.

This game, for all its glory and majesty, is incredibly fun to play. Except for a lot of the players. But then again, if the players are pissants, then the game loses it's glamour. Which has happened to me with Venecfis.

Maybe it was the long hours I contributed to Venecfis. I had a good role going on, that I was trying to expand on and was considering some possibilities - however, as the ridiculous actions of other players got to me, that role went kaput. I don't have many regrets in my character, except one.

*** I'm sorry, Takezenallan, that you had to deal with that. It was partly the frustration, partly some RL issues, and just overall the feeling that I got cheated. Which I potentially did, until I spoke to Marcatis, and he clarified Tribs for me. So for that, I apologize. And thanks Marcatis. I appreciate it.

This character, by far, showed me the ####side of CF, both from other characters to my reactions to other characters. I generally had a good experience in the past, which is why I kept coming back.

The #### started coming from the Fortress. There was an elf healer who really bugged the #### out of me, until I had to, as IC as I can without going over the OOC boundary, TRY to EXPLAIN my role to him. Not to mention his ability to call me 'chicken' after I beat the snot out of him and his two buddies. Not to mention his continuous whining and bitching about me not leveling. Oh, btw, you amazing tard, I was level 36-40 for little over a week. Given the fire AP combo, I was fighting characters 9 levels higher, and I was doing pretty well. Thanks a lot for instigating the ####tyness I felt towards characters in general. If I decide to play again, and if I learn who your character is at that point, make no mistake I'll make a character JUST to #### with you. I might not be the best player, but I know a good deal of plenty of things. And yes, I can be petty as well.

After the healer shut the #### up, I started hearing #### from other elves about level sitting. What is it with elves in general? Isn't the dex change good enough for them that they have to yap yap yap? I'm sure many of the players thought it was their RP, but like Droghnund who would always go ignore because it's 'his' RP, it was annoying, and to be frank, making me want to tear my hair out. I don't believe in the ignore command much, but in retrospect, I should've. What was really funny was how there's a lowbie fortress warrior who has been at low levels much more than me (and subsequently, having healers/transmuters helping him out), and if I were to hint at that, they would shut up. God strike your computers with a lightning bolt.

Soon, my pk range began to taper off. And yes, I decided to level up because I got bored, not because of your ####ing whinings. To my surprise, the level of gankiness got really really freaking bad as soon as I hit hero range. And I mean REALLLY bad. In fact, not even when I had Rektath was the gankiness that bad.

As an intermission to my rant and good bye note, there's a certain tribbie who either needs to grow some balls or stop butthugging a certain elf warrior. And yes, I did try to cleave the elf warrior. And yes, you weren't there, no matter what you say. I found it ridiculous that once the elf warrior went into the tribunal spire and yelled "I got attacked by Venecfis" you immediately flagged me. Doesn't matter I was orderly. Doesn't matter I was never wanted. BTW, I have that log where I inquired if the reason why I was wanted was because the elf said I attacked him and you said yes. It took almost 40 ####ing ticks for you to say 'oh, btw, I heard some #### thing that you tried cleaving him'. I think I should have started picking on you more, but alas, I deleted.

Special thanks to Kayella for not being a #### those two times and actually fighting me alone. Granted I got creamed, but it shows me that you have some sort of skill instead of 'hey buddy, haste me and give me sanctuary'.

Outlanders: Holy ####. Jhoqu - from my previous interactions with you with other characters, I think you're probably the only one who deserves a title. I can't believe a ####face like Seyriannia gets a title. You never fight alone. Ever. EVER. Is that fun? As I said 'what's the point?' You said 'of what?' What's the ####ing point of having a shaman summon so you can sing? What's the point of being a ####licking bitch? What's the point of butthugging other elves? Are elves as gay as you? ...Are you roleplaying a gay elf? If so, I apologize for fingering you.

As for the other Outlanders, what a major ####ing orgy. God.

Fortress: Ilirenen, see Seyriannia. Except not the apology part and if you play a gay character. I imagine that you're gay in real life and it's spilling over. Elf healer: See above for my little rant about you. Watch your back. Other Fortressites - WTF is with the gangbangs? With the group fightings? Maybe it was that the sway of balance went over to the goodies. I don't know. But it's ####ing weaksauce.

Goodies in general (Fortress + Outlanders): Is it really that fun? I guess I play the game for a different reason than you guys. I play for the challenge, and for the little RP I can muster. I don't play to have my group of friends join me and start gangraping everyone. I don't play for the OOC connections. I remember a time when I started playing CF that people were bitching about the russians being in the Empire. This is almost as worse, or as worse.

Scions: It was getting to a point that I was getting fed up with everything. That's why I was leaning towards the Scions. If I hadn't deleted, I would've gone that way I think. Special thanks to Igbah and to Waris.

Village: That recent death today - I overreacted. I should've expected to lose my weapons. Sorry for that. I did leave most, if not all, equipment in every kill. Unfortunately, I realize that it doesn't matter. Funny thing is, I got 1000 xp because of killing everyone and leaving their items (even corpseguarding it). However, it doesn't go both ways. Rest assure from now on, it's all about full looting and full saccing. It's all about having my ooc buddies to join the game and starting a gang war with all other ooc connections. Ugh..ranting. Xubetok - stop using triggers dude. I have a few logs where it's obvious you use triggers. I'm not completely against triggers, but seriously, it's weaksauce.

BTW, I seem to have the best luck cleaving Inger. Thrice? Twice? Man, I felt bad for you.

The last week playing this game has left a really nasty taste in my mouth. Kinda like how the elves must have from sucking each other off, I imagine. I couldn't stay in RP because of the utter ridiculous gangbang and #### that was going on.

To those few I had a good time playing with: Thanks for the interaction.

To the Imms: Sorry you guys had to hear my pissyness. This is the first character where it spilt over, and I should've deleted a long time ago before it began.

Twist + Marcatis: You guys rock. Thanks.

Inger (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:29 AM

#68428, "Damn! Cleave!!"
In response to Reply #1

I think you attempted to cleave me 3 or 4 times and got me twice! But, I think what amazed me most was that I saw you cleave a few other people the same night you cleaved me in half. Nice work. Sorry you had a crappy ending to it all. Hope you come back, you were definately respectable.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:00 PM

#68458, "Cleave really worked well for me"
In response to Reply #6

I must've had at least 7 cleaves. I was really impressed out how RNG favored me.

Inger seems like a cool cat. That tattoo of yours is interesting...but it's like bloodlust. Use it sparingly, especially against shifters/summoners.

Take care.

Ajirkahn (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 02:06 AM

#68429, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

Thought I gave you a few good fair ones... you were tough beans man... can't say we rped much, I can't really stand talking to giants in RL, so as an Elf, I just have an excuse to further ignore it. Well, can't say I like what happened, but your walking a tough line, as a powerhouse, uncabaled a-p... well, you see where i'm going... with scion powers, you prolly coulda escaped with half as many deaths atleast.

Hope you come back,
Later man

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:03 PM

#68459, "Sometimes you did"
In response to Reply #7

Most of the times, you didn't. In retrospect, I got the impression that you were fairly new. It seemed that it was just a coincidence that you were helped (besides that tard Seyriannia) instead of you actively seeking it (like I imagine Kayella was).

You're an elf dagger spec with STSF (it's no secret, given that all elf warriors have that legacy. I wonder why...) Learn to play more solo, find some preps, and go to town on others. You'll always be on the bottom of the totem pole, and believe me at this point you're near the bottom, unless you learn to stand up for yourself.

No offense, but it's like talking to a kid.

Have fun.

Kayella (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 02:09 AM

#68430, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

I'll start by talking about the log on qhcf. That log isn't really fair to me, and I tried to point that out to you. I got an anonymous tip from "someone" that you were in Ysigrath. I have no idea who it was. Cyruil and I were in Trothon, and I asked him to sanctify the room, then I promptly recalled. I figured this would be the best opportunity for me to catch you with a hamstring, since you can't teleport/recall out of the swamp. I entered the dock, did a where and saw you at the center of the first village. You and some other random person were the only people I saw. So I spammed the directions to the first village, and one or two rooms away, you got attacked by the others who were camouflaged. Two rounds later, you were dead. Three rounds later, Nusson was dead. Sometimes that's just the way things work out, and it worked out poorly for you. Fortunately though, we were all Elves, and couldn't get to your weapon, so I thought you had kept it.

Let's take a look at your relations with the Fortress from my perspective. You show up to the Fortress with the only intent being to summon and cleave. It really seemed like you were trying to "pick the low hanging fruit" to me, since I had no other information to base my judgment from. You were doing well at causing headaches for the Fortress. And at one point, it seemed like you had a fair amount of souls locked up in your flail. Granted, I haven't fought a Cabdru-style Anti-Paladin, but I knew that I would be able to bring punishment to you once you gained some ranks. More often than not, I would find myself traveling with other people, and just happen to pass by you. That would direct our attention towards you. Once you realized you were outnumbered, you would leave, and we would generally carry on about our business.

In most cases, I prefer fighting alone. Though with Fortress having several regular people, it often isn't the case. As well, Cry of Deliverance can make things painful for the enemy. Without knowing more about your interactions with other Fortress members, you became somewhat of a project for me. You seemed like you would be a strong opponent, and when we finally got the one-on-one opportunity, I felt that particular battle could have gone either way if you had done some things differently. And afterwards, when we shared a few words, I had hoped to have a few more battles with you. I guess that won't be happening now.

All that said, I'll speak briefly on Anti-Paladins in general. The people who have to fight Cabdru's and Ravon's probably don't want there to be another one. It borders insanity, judging by the logs. Anti-Paladin's get treated roughly on almost all accounts. Especially one who is uncaballed. If you had some allies, it may not have been so bad. But pretty much everyone wants to kill you. And you want to pretty much kill everyone too, to gather souls. So it can really be a losing situation in the long run.

I had no personal problems with you. And at one point, I thought you could be the next scary thing.

Good luck with the next?

Vrtainen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 02:25 AM

#68431, "You mentioning low-hanging fruit makes me laugh. NT"
In response to Reply #8

NT

Forty (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:30 AM

#68433, "If you know the player behind the char - Its normal for..."
In response to Reply #9

n/t

Kayella (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:38 AM

#68434, "Nice try?"
In response to Reply #11

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:29 PM

#68452, "I agree in some ways"
In response to Reply #8

That log isn't fair to you..I don't have the rest, or your interactions with the Fort, so I apologize for it. I know you didn't know that other outlanders were there.

"Pick the low hanging fruit"? Did you not notice that if I were to attack one Fortressite, the others would come in? In fact, I aggressively went to Calandryl etc to take out one or more of you...funny thing is, against the Fort, I almost never fought an equal fight. You guys have the F1 command to immediately come to the rescue down pat.

If you prefer to fight alone, fight alone. I think you're skilled enough to do it. JUST because other Fotress members have regulars doesn't mean you can't tell them 'this is my prey. I want to do the rp thing instead of massively gangbang the #### out of them.'

I think I could've gone far with this if I wasn't fed up with the #### that was going on. All I know is next time, if there is one = Immediate Scion. That extra 500 hp boost at level 36 helps.

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:20 PM

#68464, "RE: I agree in some ways"
In response to Reply #22

>"Pick the low hanging fruit"? Did you not notice that if I
>were to attack one Fortressite, the others would come in?

It really depends on whether the person called for aid. If someone calls for aid on cb, and it's someone that I can reasonably see being at a disadvantage against you solo, do you really expect me (or any other fortress member) not to cry in?

Given we don't know what preps you have up, and that you potentially have a/b/s at your disposal, I would probably cry in if anyone but another a/b/s character or paladin called out for aid. If you were fighting a Lariya or Enarn, well, then I probably wouldn't assist.

Don't blame the air strike- blame the guy who calls in the air strike.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:39 PM

#68468, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #29

The second part of the sentence I agree with you.

The first part...how about I blame the air strike as well?

Are you saying that the instigator is the only one to blame? That the rest was blindly following? That the entire Nuremberg trial was a sham?

You can try to blame other people as much as you want, but the fact remains that YOU contributed to the ####assery in the Fortress.

I have great respect for your character, especially since we had plenty of great battles when I played Vehldriss.

However, you're the freaking Captain man! #### always rolls uphill, ESPECIALLY if you pander to the messiest #### on the bottom of the hill.

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:59 PM

#68475, "RE: Hah!"
In response to Reply #32

>The first part...how about I blame the air strike as well?
>Are you saying that the instigator is the only one to blame?

It's an issue of what's knowable. If I'm strolling along minding my own business and I see a healer come on cb asking someone to cry in because he's fighting Venecfis, it behooves me to cry in. I don't feel it's particularly unfair, since that healer has very little chance of killing you solo. But, for the most part I would view it as a rescue operation rather than a "let's gang up and kill Venecfis" sort of deal. If the guy is getting torched and my crying in causes the assailant(s) to break off his (their) attack, then I've done "The Right Thing".

If, however, someone who has a very good chance of killing you solo calls for aid, and I cry in just to bump the likelihood of you dying from 90% to 95%, then that's pretty lame.

So I guess I agree that the cry-er can also be to blame in some circumstances. It's probably more rare than you think, though, since usually he doesn't know what's "going down" in the remote fight before crying in. He has to assume the worst, which means his motivation for joining the fight is to "bail out" the guy who called for help. Saving your buddy who's about to die is almost never bad role-play for a goodie.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 05:08 PM

#68477, "Oh, so that's what happened"
In response to Reply #37

If I name that elf healer, I know it would probably go on and on in a rant about what a piece of #### he is.

BTW, he would gate to me and attack me. Which, afterwards, one of your marans would cry. So no, it's not about me being aggressive, it's about him liking someone crying up his asshole.

And I agree, saving your buddy who's about to die is almost never bad rp. But then again, that's not what happened, is it?

"But, for the most part I would view it as a rescue operation".

Dude, you can be as ignorant as you want, but you KNOW that's not what happened. Especially when I hit hero range. As I said in the previous post, justify the actions of the other Fort members, and yourself, as much as you want, but the entire duration of playing against the Fort was a massive orgy of guys with tiny penis' trying to overcompensate for their lack of testosterones.

You can provide any speculations about 'good rp' or 'saving your fellow fort member'. Heck, if you want, I can add other fabrications to that list. In fact, I think George Bush tried the same approach regarding WMD in the middle east. Both arguments don't fly in the overwhelming proof.

Mizfara (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 08:32 PM

#68502, "RE: Oh, so that's what happened"
In response to Reply #39

I know that's not what happened in the particular case you're talking about. I was responding to what you originally said:

"Did you not notice that if I were to attack one Fortressite, the others would come in?"

In that case it's you doing the attacking, then complaining about how other people cried in to assist the guy you attacked.

Xubetok (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 02:28 AM

#68432, "Goods and bads"
In response to Reply #1

You were an aggressive and skilled AP and I can't say I've seen you ganging alot. Props for bringing it on.

But...
Players generally don't like ####heads who spam rot or assassinate everything that moves.
Even worse when a player spams cleave (which, imho, should be removed from the game, it is not like APs aren't deadly enough).
It should be said: you fall into this category. Spamming cleave is gay. Some may argue that it never works, but when you pull several successeful cleaves in a day something is really wrong.
Every time I attacked you (or you attacked me) you did nothing but flee/cleave and I was pretty much alone each time, no ganging involved.
I really hoped that you would last longer and abuse cleave as much as possible to make it obvious that the problem exists.

Looting thing:
If you don't loot in order to have some sort of "protection" against looting, that's weak. If you don't loot because you feel that's the "right way to go" then you shouldn't really change your mind when somebody looted you.
After all, it's easy to leave most of things when your armor is better and when you die with an extreme set, expect people to take most of it to replace their junk.

Khurga (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 08:54 AM

#68438, "Didn't ever get to interact with either, to low lvl but..."
In response to Reply #10

I did see a LOT of your fight son eastern road. First time I heard that yell "Help someone is trying to cleave me" I ran there to see who it was and to see if he was going to do the flee/cleave stuff.

After the cleave, there was several rounds of maladicting, some iceball, then flee/cleave. But totally in that fight there was 2 cleave attempts.

In the rest of the fights I saw (Around 10 or so I'd say.) I never saw/heard more than one cry for cleaving.

Overall, props for doing a uncabaladed Fire AP, PK-range must have been mad! ^^

Though to bad you had to make such a aggrevated goodbye thread. Hope you do roll another, and keep up playing like you do.

Cleave Spam (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:18 PM

#68449, "In a sense, you're right"
In response to Reply #10

On the other hand, I didn't cleave spam to try for the one hitter. I cleave spammed to get your hp down to 50%.

If they remove the one hitter, I would still cleave spam. A level 43 against a level 51 arial dagger rager? You kidding?

And you misread what my intentions of not looting. I didn't loot because I didn't want other people to go around collecting useless ####. It's called courtesy.

Seyriannia (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 08:59 AM

#68439, "Later"
In response to Reply #1

I was only part of one of your deaths. I only slept you maybe three times. I maybe only faught you five times.

I wasnt particularily interested in being cleave attempted so I had to be more cautious in my approach. I heard all the butchering yells all over Thera. Sorry if my apporach didnt cater to your desire to one-shot me.

Maybe AP just wasnt for you this time around. Or do a 'who' and realize that as you were ranking up.. the two major evil cabals no longer were logging on. Why? i'm uncertain. They were flourishing with numbers when I entered.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:57 PM

#68456, "That doesn't fly."
In response to Reply #14

Even when you weren't in my pk range, you would constantly follow goodies around healing them and giving them songs. Ajirkahn, to be mostly noted.

Don't want to be cleaved? Fine. Is your only option to hugely gang everyone? Whenever I caught a glimpse of you, it was always with someone else. Never fails. Shaman, transmuter, etc. Always. It's like having your own gay circus traveling with you.

"I was only part of one of your deaths." I'm not calling you out because of my deaths. I died plenty of times (and mostly through ganks might I add). I'm calling you out at your utter lack of skills and your ineptitude at playing this game along with your freakishly small testicles. ####, you're an elf bard, with what I imagine to be pretty nice eq. "What's the point of having that eq if all you want to do is gank gank gank."

Please, tell me truthfully that you actually want to have a fair fight one of these days. I imagine when you die, your gank-o-meter will be as badly as Juhldalor.

Seyriannia (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:31 PM

#68466, "I'm not playing for pk numbers."
In response to Reply #24

Seyriannia is a nurturer. Not a solo-badass killer.

The last fight was a 3v1 on someone who wasnt going to die with just the two of us. We didnt even come for you. You came to us. The most funny part of that death for you was I typed Sing Lullaby to sleep some guards I had tranquiled. The shaman must have saw you because right as I sang it I saw you summoned and fell under that attempt of sleep. Extremely bad luck for you.

If you want to play the badass solo-killing AP then you are going to need to deal with those who dont exactly want you to succeed in that. I'm not going to forsake my roleplay so you can have a free one v one when the person you are trying to whack is clearly asking for help.

I do attempt people solo. Soha can attest to that and various others. I just usually never end up killing those ones. And I'm content with bringing at least one other so I have that option.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:42 PM

#68470, "Fin"
In response to Reply #31

"And I'm content with bringing at least one other so I have that option."

That says enough. There's no more reason for this banter between you and me.

Unfortunately, this game does cater to your type of playing. Also, unfortunately, your type of playing is what is described in the dictionary as a "####". And no, not the vagina, which is quite beautiful in many ways. Symbolically, a ####.

DaBull (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 06:55 PM

#68490, "You've now tried the summon;cold be sleep;neuro with me..."
In response to Reply #31

NT

Tekkorahn (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:39 PM

#68469, "He's playing less. and we all know who he is playing no..."
In response to Reply #24

nt

Ilirenen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:53 PM

#68444, "7-8 Encounters - You would not fight me one vs. one. tw..."
In response to Reply #1

I was part of the 'gank' that got you for your last death...

However, you REFUSED to fight me one on one, or even two on one...
Granted that was the first time you saw me...

I stalked you to where you were ranking, I engage, you teleport, I killed your groupmate.

Cry'ed to you at least half a dozen times, flee, teleport.

Gay Tactics? You are the gay one. At least Waris has the balls
to stick around and try to cleave me once or twice.

I was making sure you were going to die, hence after you were
slept no less than three people 'called for me' to get to where you
were slept to make SURE you died.

On that note, great role, good character, good luck on the next. I couldn't WAIT to fight you.

Advice: If you charge up your weapon, and you know people are gunning
for you... Once you hit 41 - You get a muter and a healer and you hero in *ONE NIGHT*

My advice for your next AP. See you in the fields!

DaBull (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 01:56 PM

#68445, "This post makes me sick. Two reasons within..."
In response to Reply #15

Umm, even Cabdru wouldn't have fought you one on one. 51 Trannie with prayer beads vs. 42 Fire AP is about the worst matchup I can possibly think of for the AP.

And second, please, short of cheating, tell me how you can PLAN to have a healer/trannie combo just at 41 and keep them on for 5 hours? Please? I won't hold my breath, since I already know how most people do it, but whatever. This game isn't that important to make me get really pissed off at it anymore.

Ilirenen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 02:30 PM

#68446, "The same way you organize a hell trip.. or a herald eve..."
In response to Reply #16

>Umm, even Cabdru wouldn't have fought you one on one. 51
>Trannie with prayer beads vs. 42 Fire AP is about the worst
>matchup I can possibly think of for the AP.

Well.. I'd say Duergar AP would take the cake....but at that point we are kinda splitting hairs.

>And second, please, short of cheating, tell me how you can
>PLAN to have a healer/trannie combo just at 41 and keep them
>on for 5 hours? Please? I won't hold my breath, since I
>already know how most people do it, but whatever. This game
>isn't that important to make me get really pissed off at it
>anymore.

In character.

Unless you think it's .. just random.. that 6 scions login at the same time and goto hell for 6 hours.

It doesn't take long to find two people who are ranking up the same time you are and say;

"On the elven day of BLEH at the elven hour of BLEH in gods time show up and see you at BLEH."

IsildurThu 01-May-08 05:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68476, "RE: The same way you organize a hell trip.. or a herald..."
In response to Reply #17

You may disagree with the staff on what the rules should be, but just to be clear, what you're advocating is in violation of the rules.

Ilirenen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 05:17 PM

#68479, "Ughm - Herald Event? Cabal Trip to Arin'Gird? That's al..."
In response to Reply #38

It's not a rules violation..

Herald Events are done IC -

The village ran a trip to Arin'Gird, IC organized.

The circle of rites, IC day and time organized.

Council Meetings, Voting for Nexus leaders, on and on.

How is organizing a hell trip different than organizing a octagonal tower trip, etc.

All done IC, using specific times and dates using the calendar.

So, what the hell are you talking about.

JMCCThu 01-May-08 05:21 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
#68480, "Can the imms either talk to him or ban him?"
In response to Reply #40

Idiot.

No wonder I got that vibe from you.

Ilirenen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 06:22 PM

#68485, "It's hard to deny truth - and current events."
In response to Reply #41

You sir, are the idiot.

These things are happening, and they have nothing to do with me.

I'm just a casual observer. If Droghund organizes a trip to Arin'Gird
IN CHARACTER...

Announces it to the village, and organizes it using date/time...

How is that something that is again the 'rules'

asshat.

JMCCThu 01-May-08 07:17 PM
59 posts
#68494, "Hey tard, do you really not see the difference?"
In response to Reply #42

What Droghnund did...is questionable. But it's doable.

"Advice: If you charge up your weapon, and you know people are gunning for you... Once you hit 41 - You get a muter and a healer and you hero in *ONE NIGHT*"

You don't see the difference between organizing a trip and getting your buddy on to chase after another character?

God, your lack of logic reminds me of the story with the kid with half a brain. At least he's attempting and trying to reason out his life. You're like an emo kid who needs to be shot.

Ilirenen (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 07:34 PM

#68497, "RE: Hey tard, do you really not see the difference?"
In response to Reply #46

No

If it's done IN CHARACTER. Not in the DR

AP:
"Hey, Healer! Lets meet up to slaughter these elves as the clock strikes midnight in the gods time, I need to meditate in Eshval's shrine until then."

HEALER:
"Oh yes! You are oh so mighty, It would be of my gain to assist you in your quest! Let me clean your axe while you meditate"

AP:
"See you when I awaken"

Healer:
"I await your return"

No, no problem with that at all.

I don't think that's something that's new.. or never done before.

Matter of fact, if you look at the PBF, alot of the 'good' leveling groups click off
8-10 levels at a time.

Again, just an observation. I wish you would stop attacking me for making an observation and giving constructive advice. What's your deal anyway? Did I gang your char or something?

IsildurThu 01-May-08 08:34 PM
5969 posts
#68503, "RE: Ughm - Herald Event? Cabal Trip to Arin'Gird? That'..."
In response to Reply #40

>So, what the hell are you talking about.

Honestly? I didn't read your post closely enough. I thought you were suggesting he schedule the ranking session OOC.

DaBull (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 06:46 PM

#68489, "Oh, I know what you were talking about. Like I said, i..."
In response to Reply #17

NT

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:23 PM

#68450, "III wouldn't fight you one on one?"
In response to Reply #15

Look through your logs and see how many times it would've truly been one on one. Please do it.

Your so called 'one on one' would have been at least 2 or 3 on one, given that there was ALWAYS ALWAYS a fortress around. And given the tendencies of the Fortress to have steel umbilical cords hanging out their asscracks, did you expect me to believe it would be one on one?

Ask Macha. We had a great one on one battle in the ruins of Del-Tol.

I had a beef with overpowered trannies before, but this character showed me a little differently. I know where to get the right eq and similar preps to counter all those neuros...and it's really easy.

"Cry'ed to you at least half a dozen times, flee, teleport."

WTF? You call that one on one?

Elhe (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:22 PM

#68465, "I was about to ask how cry'ed mess with one on one :) n..."
In response to Reply #20

n/t

Dorfo (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:01 PM

#68447, "I really liked this character"
In response to Reply #1

I'm one of those guys that every time you fight me I'll get a little better at fighting you. You definitely made me put my thinking cap on, but I think I was doing better. We had some good fights, but I never did return the favor when you hammered me at the giant. That was somewhat humiliating.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:58 PM

#68457, "Dorfo seemed cool"
In response to Reply #18

I interacted with you with a previous character, and I'm glad your coolness level hasn't dissipated. Keep trucking!

Arden (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:23 PM

#68451, "What do you think of Multikillin Angelguy and Swordbash..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 03:47 PM

#68454, "Never fought the angelguy"
In response to Reply #21

I fought the swordbash guy and beat him.

I don't know why they don't level much, but I don't care as much. In fact, if they did level and I had continued, I'm sure I could've gotten some charges from them.

Rakhir (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:46 PM

#68471, "Whatever."
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted, but it's really no excuse to post this angry rant.

On the other hand, it is more interesting to read than most other goodbyes.

Good luck with your next.

Venecfis (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 04:54 PM

#68474, "Actually, it sure is an excuse"
In response to Reply #35

Especially since my rant is dead on.

We've had a few decent battles - however, in the end, all you ended up doing is joining the rest of the flock.

And that, my friend, is pretty sad.

Am I bitter? You know it. Did I take it too hard? Yup. Do I regret posting the rant? Not at all.

Do I think that you posted your 'no excuse to post this angry rant' fiasco because you don't want others to look at your lameassery? And now that I did post it, you're somewhat afraid that #### will start falling towards you instead of me?

Yup.

Rakhir (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 09:25 PM

#68483, "Not really."
In response to Reply #36

There are four things that I would describe as lameassery:

Whining over looted gear.
Coordinated logins and logouts.
Intrusive taunting and verbal abuse IC.
Ranting OOC after you delete.

IMO, all of these "pull back the curtain and reveal the feeble Oz." But whatever, it made your goodbye thread much more interesting and turned it from 4 posts to 40

JMCCThu 01-May-08 06:28 PM
59 posts
#68486, "Wow you're so right!"
In response to Reply #51

I forgot, I don't need to go on a rant about the ####ed up status with the Fort...because it's apparently so blantantly obvious.

The imms sure as hell won't do anything about it, because technically it's not cheating, even though it leaves a bad taste in a lot of player's mouth.

What does that leave? The players? In this case, would I condone using permas to clear out the fort? Absolutely. Would I care if it's breaking the rules? Somewhat, but given that the imms (and no offense, but since you guys are the moderators, I do have to include you into this conversation) won't do anything, permaing might not sound that bad.

Would I encourage other players to take some actions against the ridiculous #### going on in the Fort?

Absolutely.

IsildurThu 01-May-08 08:39 PM
5969 posts
#68504, "RE: Wow you're so right!"
In response to Reply #43

> Would I encourage other players to take some actions against the ridiculous #### going on in the Fort?

Is it really that much worse than stuff that's gone on in the past with Empire or Scion? Or is it just that it's good-aligned characters doing it that has everyone so up-in-arms?

I'm not necessarily denying that there's some lame behavior going on. I just question whether it's really deserving of this amount of angst, given the similarly lame behavior that's gone on in the past.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68419 Previous topic | Next topic