Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Klurak Foundersholm the Rotten Edge ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68216
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 27-Apr-08 09:32 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68216, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Klurak Foundersholm the Rotten Edge of Tyranny, Imperial High Priest"

Sun Apr 27 09:28:23 2008

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Klurak perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:299

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good stuff, incognito, 27-Apr-08 05:13 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Klurak Foundersholm the Rotten E..., Mizfara (Guest), 27-Apr-08 02:31 PM, #2
Reply Oh No's?!, Hadashdakon (Guest), 27-Apr-08 09:41 AM, #1
     Reply Uber pk machines my arse., Yhorian (Guest), 27-Apr-08 06:09 PM, #4
          Reply That was fun., Grecken (Guest), 27-Apr-08 06:20 PM, #5
          Reply I might be wrong, Daurwyn (Guest), 27-Apr-08 07:41 PM, #7
          Reply Nanorab rocked!, Geranim (Guest), 27-Apr-08 07:15 PM, #6
          Reply Kinda hated you, Beer, 27-Apr-08 09:32 PM, #8
          Reply The problem with shamans is..., Yhorian (Guest), 28-Apr-08 05:25 AM, #13
          Reply You're the bomb dude. Seriously. I hope you come back, ..., ShamsGuest (Guest), 27-Apr-08 10:13 PM, #9
          Reply I may hate certain things about you, but you are a damn..., DaBull (Guest), 27-Apr-08 10:21 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Uber pk machines my arse., Iunna, 27-Apr-08 11:10 PM, #11
          Reply When you took the time to..., Yhorian (Guest), 28-Apr-08 05:12 AM, #12
          Reply The good news is..., Fjarn (Guest), 28-Apr-08 09:24 AM, #14
          Reply You better get back here..txt, Jhoqu (Guest), 29-Apr-08 12:35 PM, #15

incognitoSun 27-Apr-08 05:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68230, "Good stuff"
In response to Reply #0

I liked being around Klurak, and not just because you helped me to the Conservator twice.

Mizfara (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 02:31 PM

#68225, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Klurak Foundersholm the Rotten E..."
In response to Reply #0

Fun fights. Still surprised you'd delete, though, given all the love this character received.

Hadashdakon (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 09:41 AM

#68217, "Oh No's?!"
In response to Reply #0

I can honestly say I throughly enjoyed talking back and forth with you. You taught me some nice things too for those candy scepters. Great played duergar from what I could see, and ironiclly we were about as far apart on the spectrum as possible. I'll miss having you to bounce off of, and wish you all the best with your next!

*Roll a Herald, we're uber pk machines of death filled with massive role play*

Hadashdakon

Yhorian (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 06:09 PM

#68234, "Uber pk machines my arse."
In response to Reply #1

I like you guys warm and cuddly, and you'll stay that way if I have to kill you

Let's go for the short summary on Klurak:

1. I can't play evil, even if I try. I think your post proves that. BUT I can be really nasty about taunting certain fire giants who throw HUGE child-like tantrums when they lose to me in a 'fair battle' Thanks Iggy, I don't think I'm ever going to get over giggling at that one.

2. In terms of success - this character was generally an epic failure. More or less because I just rolled it to experiment with being evil(+first shaman in years) and have fun exploring. And I spent more time being nice and showing other people how to explore. It will also probably will go down in history as my worst rped character yet, because imho, it really was. My role was so fuzzed up I'm not even sure what it was. Or who I was, beside another imperial boot up Thera's arse. Which I guess is -something- but it's not 'great'.

3. You are all awesome. Yes, I mean YOU. Kick ass on a scale measured only in Light Years.

4. Enlilth is pretty damn cool. And I really wanted to cry when Iunna gave me chain weaken (at 70% with a duergar, no less. I would have taken +Con!). But that day was so awesome - it was it's own damn reward. I really love Heralds, Reniste, Chef, and Miss Fuzzy being no exceptions.

Ah, but there is only one exception to number three - and that is the guy who uses tell/ignore. I don't think anymore needs to be said on the subject and I'd take it as a kindness if no one replied on it until he/she is deleted. Thanks.

So, Enjoy Peeps, I'm off to play EVE for a while. I'll still be wiki-ing (is that a verb?) but I don't think I'll be playing for a few months. Take it easy.

Yhorian.

Arbritrary character list: (until gabe gets our profiles working!)

Ritur (Mr.Ego on crack)
Optomkiptum (Hey D! Apparently, I love rubbing your necros!)
Nanorab (Ritur Mark II)
Hyzin (heart broken terror shifter)
Srinlete (bastard)
Siphana (the anthropomorphic elven hug)
Kaisse ('the ganked' Taite)
Jichii (the sober. Honeshly.)
Jaeiin (Shaz/Iunna = best story teller EVER!! And the first to swear in my imm comments )
Raphru (End of the age, baby!)
Huromhaur (hell if I know how I got a mino-slot)
Kaerdil (You've gotta Grurk it! Grurk it good!)
Whasisname (Yeah, I always start to get fuzzy after a while)
Yhorian (And the cat everyone in old Nexus loved - Pushwance!)

And now:
Klurak (= Beard + Axe - role)

Grecken (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 06:20 PM

#68239, "That was fun."
In response to Reply #4

I've since figured out a thing or two about rot. I was expecting something like old style since I've not been rotted since... 2002? I shouldn't have died to it. I found out I can shift into a bear and not die to rot at all. My con doesn't even shift down so I don't know if it's a bug or what. But the beast (cough, yeah right) has a 25 con with a +4 shapeshifting effect (I might be confusing the effects of bonding with a muter), so that's 29 and with all the +con gear I had, it's likely that my con wouldn't shift sitting still. Knowing now what I do, I wish I'd fought you more. And I wish you'd withered me more so I might age die sooner. I hear that has that effect.

You were good about using the terrain to your effect. If I didn't have water breathing perfected from casting it on my pets all the time, I think you'd have gotten me when you summoned me into that pond cave in the grove.

Maybe next time we'll be friends instead of enemies. I've been on the opposite side of all your chars since my return except Siphana, and even then we weren't nice to each other.

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 07:41 PM

#68242, "I might be wrong"
In response to Reply #5

But to me, it seems like being way over max con IS actually useful for more than just covering losses from rot. To me, it seemed to max a difference as to whether the rot made natural con drop in the first place.

Geranim (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 07:15 PM

#68241, "Nanorab rocked!"
In response to Reply #4

Had fun with you when we ran together in nexus.... seems like last char of yours I interacted with...

Zandorix

BeerSun 27-Apr-08 09:32 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68248, "Kinda hated you"
In response to Reply #4

I know it's a useful tactic since I've had two hero shamans but I knew how sucky it was so I'd leave them be after I had rotten them. Rotting Daichyl was just easy (I'd run for sooooooooo many +con preps but I was sooooooooo going to con-die sooner or later anyway). But in the end, when you'd just rot me when I'd TRY to put some effort into raiding against odds then I'd die and you'd taunt me for it, I'd just stay quiet so I would avoid saying things that would just be plain OOC.

It did brought the attention of Enlilth though. But still, I had planned to severely full-loot/sac you if you'd die to me. Some Forties felt the same.

Still, you looked cool from the outside!

Yhorian (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-08 05:25 AM

#68259, "The problem with shamans is..."
In response to Reply #8

You can cure 90% of their maledicts, and come back to beat their arses easily. If you're going to do hit and run tactics, there is only one answer - rot.

If the immortals want to make the more interesting (oh please god do), or give them some maledicts that aren't simply cured in 5 minutes (seriously, rot and wither are the ONLY ones) then I'd use them. Until then, most shamans don't have a choice - except failing to win, or using rot and likely sealing a kill with it.

This is also why I really hated the combination of Enlilth's religion, and Klurak's class. Shamans work good against 2 kinds of foes - the kind with no saves, or the kind who are easily Imperial Ganked(tm). This meant I was pretty much only an arse beater on the unpreppared - and not at all Enlilthy in practice without back up. Everyone else could fend me off without much worry about death, just had to be concerned they'd either be ganged or have to rest the aformentioned 5 minutes. Rot is the only thing they've really got going for them in the 'tough fights' department. Even wither was often reduced to -5str with good saves. When you don't have spell craft, and can't land a curse through divine saves, what's the point in doing anything else?

Yhorian

ShamsGuest (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 10:13 PM

#68249, "You're the bomb dude. Seriously. I hope you come back, ..."
In response to Reply #4

God damn. You were Kaerdil too? One of my first characters interacted with you, I forget who. I just remember you beat my ass. Raphru was the #### when I was Valinag, Siphana and Gramoak were on the same damn wave length 95% of the time. I mean. You're impressive. Toodles.

DaBull (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-08 10:21 PM

#68251, "I may hate certain things about you, but you are a damn..."
In response to Reply #4

Not to mention pretty damn decent at the PK side of things.

Just work on the attitude on the forums. That's all I can ask for.

IunnaSun 27-Apr-08 11:10 PM
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68253, "RE: Uber pk machines my arse."
In response to Reply #4

Jaeiin (Shaz/Iunna = best story teller EVER!! And the
first to swear in my imm comments )

I'll admit I had to look it up. And I'm not sure where you're coming up with
the whole best storyteller ever bit. Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
FYI, best way to get me to swear in imm comments is by being a Herald.

Yhorian (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-08 05:12 AM

#68257, "When you took the time to..."
In response to Reply #11

Tell me all of Shaz's backstory, it was one of the high points of that characters life. So few do good stories, so few can actually tell them in an entertaining way, you do both. That's kick ass.

Fjarn (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-08 09:24 AM

#68275, "The good news is..."
In response to Reply #4

...now I can dump all my con gear. A few fights here and there and a few impossible raid defenses/retrievals...well let's just say I liked the character but hated rot.

We'll see you again in a few months. Get that herald anti-paladin role up and running.

Jhoqu (Guest)Tue 29-Apr-08 12:35 PM

#68344, "You better get back here..txt"
In response to Reply #4

Our in game interactions were limited to the one fight but I saw the results of your work all around. You just seemed to have the number of some of our guys. I have no problem with rot any more than fiend, or neuro or any number of other troublesome abilities and did not blame you for using it. I can deal with Klurak being gone but the player better get back to the fields. Your chars always add alot to the game and we need the players who elevate those about them. Hope to see you around again soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68216 Previous topic | Next topic