Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Vergat the Hand of the Unseen" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68135
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Apr-08 09:48 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68135, "(DELETED) [None] Vergat the Hand of the Unseen"

Wed Apr 23 09:47:23 2008

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Vergat perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:295

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QBertWed 23-Apr-08 08:33 PM
Member since 04th Dec 2007
16 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68148, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vergat the Hand of the Unseen"
In response to Reply #0

Hey,

I deleted Vergat today, after I got the "Hoarding equipment isn't nice" message, and realized I hadn't really been logging him
in with any purpose lately I chose to call it quits.

Vergat was my second ever character, and my second one at Hero. I put a fair amount of work into the character's role
and general RP, and it was a very fun role to play - though I'm sure I annoyed my fair share of people with his inane rants
and odd way of talking. Playing a dual-personality can be interesting.

Poisoners are tough, but after looking at everything I learned from the character, they can be pretty deadly as well, in
better hands than mine, obviously. I don't think I killed anyone much in real PK, but extensive testing in the Arena has
demonstrated that if all goes to plan, they can be a real handful even without a reliable lag skill like the thug path. My
main problem was that I wasn't enough of a bastard, and always hesitated to attack people out i the world. If I make
another one, I'll try to change that.

I compiled a fairly large list of ingredients as well as things to make people eat/wear (not even those paralysis fillets)
that I always conjectured would be really nasty in a PK scenario. If I make another poisoner, and its a decent chance
that I might, I'll make an evil one that isn't so slow to attack folks.

Thanks go out to:

Makiya, one of my good mates.
Iltch, for helping me out massively.
Hrefnwik, for being a good exploration buddy.
Anyone who helped me test things out in the arena.
Geran, and anyone else who helped me gather ingredients.

I have another character going now, hopefully will be just as fun.

-Q

LhydiaThu 24-Apr-08 06:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68153, "No problem."
In response to Reply #2

Glad you had fun with poisoner even though I heavily tried to talk you out of it. =P How's my guild doing? =P

Hrefnwik (Guest)Wed 23-Apr-08 11:59 AM

#68137, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vergat the Hand of the Unseen"
In response to Reply #0

You were a fun friend, and I really appreciated having someone to explore and get into trouble with and rp with.

I think you needed more enemies! Possiblyl, like Hrefnwik, you didn't realize how powerful your path could be and ended up with not enough enemies, or even in the habit of trying not to make enemies.

You're skilled and a good rp'er, just need to play an evil char and practice being a ####, or go for fortress and get in lotsa fights.

Hope you are playing another character!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68135 Previous topic | Next topic