Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Acvilar Andarien the Intensity of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68071
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 20-Apr-08 03:00 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68071, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Acvilar Andarien the Intensity of Valor, Marshall of the Fortress"

Sun Apr 20 14:57:30 2008

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Acvilar perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:403

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Acvilar Andarien the Intensity..., Humbert (Guest), 21-Apr-08 06:06 AM, #10
Reply Brief., Jalenkan (Guest), 20-Apr-08 07:32 PM, #7
Reply I will make it brief., Cerunnir, 20-Apr-08 04:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I will make it brief., Kayella (Guest), 20-Apr-08 04:31 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I will make it brief., Cerunnir, 20-Apr-08 04:52 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I will make it brief., Gram (Guest), 20-Apr-08 04:38 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I will make it brief., Cerunnir, 20-Apr-08 04:48 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I will make it brief., Mizfara (Guest), 20-Apr-08 05:36 PM, #6
     Reply I can say I'm disappointed., Khrathtyn (Guest), 21-Apr-08 01:12 AM, #8
     Reply Very Cool Char, Yean, 21-Apr-08 04:47 AM, #9
     Reply Great Character, Lyristeon, 21-Apr-08 08:42 AM, #11

Humbert (Guest)Mon 21-Apr-08 06:06 AM

#68090, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Acvilar Andarien the Intensity..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn. You were such a powerhouse. Having you around at least offset the sense of being completely outclassed (at hero ranks) by Igbah, Kostyan, Kornuel, etc. I made this char with the express purpose of getting Maran as early as possible, and I did (level 30, all my other marans were 51). I wanted to see you again just to assure you that you had good people working for you in the Fortress It is a pity you deleted before I could make my way (a very long, solo way) to level 51 and have some magnificent summon-permabash action.

Good luck with your next char, and I hope it isn't a Scion invoker because Humbert cannot handle Scion Invokers at hero.

Jalenkan (Guest)Sun 20-Apr-08 07:32 PM

#68080, "Brief."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't interact with you much but I did get the aura of calm.... like when I was heavily outnumbered or outclassed and you were around things went much more smooth even in the village. You saved my arse a couple times during raids from time to time so I hope you will make another like that in the future.

See ya in the fields.

CerunnirSun 20-Apr-08 04:13 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68072, "I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #0

I made Acvilar to try out something completly different from what I normally play. Usually I go down the route of relentless semi-evil neutrals, or all out evil characters. Im primarily a PK'er and generally dont like to hefty restrictions on my choises for targets. I ended up really liking Acvilar. I turned around at the door of the shrine (pretty much) after my first talk with Yean, but I then took what we talked about into consideration and twisted the base of the character towards the religion. I came to really like the consept of the religion when I started understanding it, and it ended up to be a perfect fit with my overall play style. Thanks Yean, for being a cool imm who takes the time to chat with followers! Thumbs up!

Another one I must mention in particular is Juhaldor, you did annoy me/Acvilar a great deal, but in addition to this your roleplay lead to some extremly funny dwarf vs. elf cabal channel chats. Especially the time after a raid, where you roleplayed getting raving drunk while carrying the cabal item to the fortress. Then getting lost on eastern road! Funny stuff.

There is MANY more I should mention, but im lazy like that. Essentially if you reply, I may butt in with some comments as time pass.

Kayella (Guest)Sun 20-Apr-08 04:31 PM

#68073, "RE: I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #1

I said what I pretty much needed to when you decided to leave us. It's one thing to have a combination of warriors and healers, the occasional ranger and transmuter, and have advantages and disadvantages against certain adversaries. But you, along with Hiajist, were pretty much the foundation of the Fortress since I came in. Your presence meant that we (the Fortress) should be okay after all. You brought a sense of security to us, and a feeling of unease to the enemies no doubt. You will be missed.

That said, for those other Fortress Paladins, you've got a lot of slack to pick up! It's going to be big shoes to fill, but together, I know we can do it!

CerunnirSun 20-Apr-08 04:52 PM
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68076, "RE: I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #2

I liked Kayella, and recommended you for a fairly early maranation. You came of to me as a competent player, which quite early showed in the gear you managed to persistantly keep while racking up the kills. Paladins isnt killers per say, but they sure are sturdy bastards. That sturdyness, combined with others around you often tend to strenghten the the cabal as a whole. Ive seen this often on my invokers, since they are similar to a paladin in that regard.

Gram (Guest)Sun 20-Apr-08 04:38 PM

#68074, "RE: I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked you. I was very glad ooc(though gram was skeptical) when I found out you were reinducted. You handled yourself during that interview well, and I'm glad you didnt immediately delete when I uninducted you. Hope you didn't take that issue personally, I thought it was well done on your account. Not to mention how well you carried the Fort for a while, so kudos to you there too.

CerunnirSun 20-Apr-08 04:48 PM
294 posts
#68075, "RE: I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #3

Some comments on Gramaok. I felt your leadership style was a bit "forced", as in, you tried to make others fall into your view on how a maran should be. But I belive I managed that balance pretty well in regards to keeping my stubborn elfish self, aswell as having the required respect for a leader. I know I annoyed you a bit aswell, considering how quiet and self-reliant I roleplayed. I tried to come off as one of those heroes you see in the movies, the silent-strong types.

The uninduction I took in stride, because I was quite certain I would get inducted back in. Thing is, if you stick with it things generally tend to work out as you want it.

Mizfara (Guest)Sun 20-Apr-08 05:36 PM

#68078, "RE: I will make it brief."
In response to Reply #1

I guess this was part of your role-play, but Acvilar always seemed a little stand-offish to me. So...good job playing an aloof elf?

That said, everything Kayella said is true. Acvilar was the kind of character where, when you were around, people wouldn't raid unless they had a huge advantage.

Also, thanks for the rec for Captain. At the time, I kind of figured Hiajist or Tondumalanas would get the nod.

Khrathtyn (Guest)Mon 21-Apr-08 01:12 AM

#68086, "I can say I'm disappointed."
In response to Reply #1

I thought Acvilar would have gone on a lot longer then this. Shame on you!

In hind sight. I should have learned to stay away from you. But then I guess I don't learn.

YeanMon 21-Apr-08 04:47 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68089, "Very Cool Char"
In response to Reply #1

Awesome character...really sad to see this delete. When I didn't empower you during the 1st interaction I thought for sure you'd delete. (As an aside, I like to state religious foundation stuff early, so if people decide this is not for them they don't waste time continuing. Subsequent follow-up interactions though I expect to be influenced by action...as I'm sure you knew.)

So colour me surprised when you came knocking on the door of my hut again and in time to come, this char really grew on me. I had a blast hanging out with him as well as watching him handle various affairs, especially those of religious matters...did love the attitude heh. It got to a point where I didn't have to be about to know you'd say/do something cool in response to various things, and that is always good to see.

Anyway have fun with your next...Hopefully not scion voker that kills my morts

LyristeonMon 21-Apr-08 08:42 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68092, "Great Character"
In response to Reply #1

It seemed like every time I turned around, someone was asking me to give you a reward you had earned. I was watching when you had 1000+ gold on you, but, seeing the previous entry of giving gold to Nicolette, I figured that was what you may have been striving for and sure enough, within 2 minutes, you gave her that as well. I thought the title I did for you was appropriate. I hope you felt the same way. Keep them coming, good or evil. Maybe even an Imp follower...duergar shaman...hrmmm.... Just kidding, just keep having fun with them and bring it to the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68071 Previous topic | Next topic