Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Reniste the Spark of the Celestial F..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68038
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 19-Apr-08 07:24 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68038, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Reniste the Spark of the Celestial Flames, High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Sat Apr 19 07:23:39 2008

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Reniste perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:181

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good times..., Armin, 19-Apr-08 11:45 PM, #11
Reply Crapola., Lhydia, 19-Apr-08 08:48 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Crapola., Iggy (Guest), 19-Apr-08 09:51 AM, #2
     Reply too bad, nusson (Guest), 19-Apr-08 10:15 AM, #3
     Reply I agree, but lol to the Herald bringing it to the centa..., Tekkorahn (Guest), 19-Apr-08 11:05 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Crapola., Leshene (Guest), 19-Apr-08 12:09 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Crapola., Patick, 19-Apr-08 12:27 PM, #6
     Reply Going to Miss you!, Hadash (Guest), 19-Apr-08 12:52 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Crapola., Kraenesk (Guest), 19-Apr-08 02:01 PM, #8
     Reply We need DangerRanger to roll a herald, Nuff said, end c..., Krilcovs (Guest), 19-Apr-08 02:33 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Crapola., Fjarn (Guest), 19-Apr-08 03:51 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Crapola., QBert, 20-Apr-08 01:29 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Crapola., Iunna, 20-Apr-08 01:30 PM, #13
     Reply Khrathtyn hated Reniste., Khrathtyn (Guest), 21-Apr-08 02:26 AM, #14
     Reply Eep, good luck with the migraines, Yhorian (Guest), 21-Apr-08 07:49 AM, #15
     Reply My poem was sooo much better, Hrefnwik (Guest), 23-Apr-08 12:01 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Crapola., Zanarlok (Guest), 24-Apr-08 10:28 PM, #17

ArminSat 19-Apr-08 11:45 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2008
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68058, "Good times..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, if Armin ever really had any friends, he considered Reniste to be one of them. I had some great times RPing with you and the other Heralds. I even joined up with one of my characters after I deleted my Paladin to see what Herald was like and try to help it get back on its feet.

Loved the character, good luck with your next and the Migrains, really hate to hear about that happening to you. Get well soon dude, and I'll see you around.

I

'Character is who you are in the dark.' - Dwight L. Moody

'I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more is none.' - Macbeth

LhydiaSat 19-Apr-08 08:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#68039, "Crapola."
In response to Reply #0

I had high hopes for this guy. I was sitting in my guild playing Iltch when I saw Iunna vis for the fourth consecutive night and I sent her a tell, she showed up and we started planning an inn event for Hamsah thieves. I had a lot of fun and was thinking to myself, there really haven't been a lot of Heralds lately, I should switch over and see if I can't get something going. So, I deleted Iltch, rolled up a Darch clone, wrote up a decent role, and there it was.

I came up with a few event ideas, a few contest ideas, a couple of them panned out, most of them didn't.

What REALLY SUCKED, was that about a week after rolling Reniste I started having these cluster headaches or 'thunderclap' headaches is what the doctor said, which evidently triggered severe migraines for me. My health insurance ran out about a week after the first major headache so after visiting the doctor once I wasn't able to go back for a followup visit to a neurologist to get a real diagnosis until last Monday when I got back on insurance. So for the 2 month duration between, the majority of this characters life, I went all of 3 days without having a severe migraine. So basically, if you saw me and were interacting with me, migraine. It got to the point that I really didn't want to interact with anyone and rolled up something that I didn't have to roleplay much with. I was hoping to wait until the headaches went away, but I really don't see myself getting back into this character, I tried all of my ideas and I'm fairly burned out on him as it stands.

Herald is in some bad times. I was very picky with applicants and was really trying to get some old school Heralds in, but that didn't pan out either. Basically if I got an applicant, I said 'Come up with three events and send them to me and Iunna' those that didn't say '#### you' and actually sent their ideas got inducted, no matter how the ideas were usually. But that was what...4 people? One of which turned out to be Iunna? Bleh.

I will say this. Anyone who is interested in having really cool Immteraction and getting some VERY cool quest rewards/exp, it is a great time to be a Herald. That quest spell I got was just uh...right. Thanks to whoever. I thought about staying around just to abuse the hell out of it with exploration, but I couldn't justify it.

I apologize for not really going anywhere with this guy, I've already got a pretty decent role idea for another once I get these headaches under control, and this one won't be Darch-lite either.

Thanks Iunna! It sort of seems like you're pretty much the only thing keeping Herald afloat lately and your work and effort is appreciated.

Not sure who to give individual goodbyes to since towards the end I talked to noone other than Igbah and that was basically..'Hey guy, how's it going?' 'Yuh, massacred 16 elves and dominated Hell.' 'Good going!' Heh.

I'd encourage anyone giving any thought to playing a Herald to do it! Don't let the cabal die off like its seeming to, show some interest if you've got it.

Iggy (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 09:51 AM

#68040, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

I seriously felt bad for you, on every level of CF, which is why an EVIL fire giant would just strike up a convo in the middle of anything he was doing, and try to make your life fun. Sorry things didn't work for you, I'm sure I'll see you again, more in my thread.

Peace

nusson (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 10:15 AM

#68041, "too bad"
In response to Reply #1

Cool spell...nice thing with sending me your guts later. I played a Herald before and really didn't wanna frak with you for a few reasons, mostly because ooc'ly I have mad respect for anyone who plays a Herald

Get well soon and come back with more quality chars.

Tekkorahn (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 11:05 AM

#68043, "I agree, but lol to the Herald bringing it to the centa..."
In response to Reply #3

You know who you are heh. I feel bad for you.

Leshene (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 12:09 PM

#68045, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

I really wished to have had more interaction and run about some with this char, but it seems like our hours didn't gel very well. You were a really cool char (from reading logs of events, etc), and the times I got to say hi I liked. Thanks for the doll and gifts, some chat and respects for pulling off all those big-scale events. Hope your migraine condition improves sooner than later!

PatickSat 19-Apr-08 12:27 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68046, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #5

never interacted with you with Patick I dont think. That was my first hero and that was pretty tough at times. other than that one event that was a big quiz i dont think i gave that much to the inn other than just striking up lots of interactions with everyone who went into the inn.

With Draven It was always funny how I would be somewhere across the world and tell you " Can I ask you a favor?"

So and so opens up through the planes to hand you a drink.

Lmao that was funny as heck, Specially all the people I would travel with giving me a raised eyebrow after that.

Well hope your migraines go away and come back soon, you were a very cool char.

Alpha-Q

Hadash (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 12:52 PM

#68047, "Going to Miss you!"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry, but it seemed like our times never meshed. Sorry I didn't really live up to your expectations, but for me Herald and has been a blast. I really will miss having a High Herald around that backed me up always. The pep talk about making things happen has been how I've embraced myself, and even without Imm action I'm having a Blast!I enjoyed your character so much from the times we did meet, it just seemed like we didn't bounce off each other well. Did I mention how much you'll be missed? Ah well. I can relate to the Cluster Migraines, and I know this sound stupid and crazy but see a chiropractor. I think they're quacks and crazy, but I went to one 5 years ago when I started getting clusters 2 times and week. Four years later and I've had 4 migraines....not bad.

Humeemerald

Kraenesk (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 02:01 PM

#68048, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

I completely agree, we need Scorbus and Astillian to roll up some heralds, If only Scorbus wasnt a total nutcase and taking 17 classes in one semester. I might make a herald but I was never a Legendary one to start with.

Krilcovs (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 02:33 PM

#68049, "We need DangerRanger to roll a herald, Nuff said, end c..."
In response to Reply #8

s

Fjarn (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-08 03:51 PM

#68050, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

Crapola, indeed. It was a little hard for us to interact peaceably for obvious reasons, but every moment was enjoyable. Fjarn slowly warmed up to your drinks (they weren't poisoned afterall!). And he's still got that headless mage doll that appeared out of nowhere. The spying bit had Fjarn paranoid...

You did a good job of herding cats at the brains and brawn competition. Considering the arena issues we ran into, I was impressed that you pulled it off.

My only real regret is that I never got back to you with that story you asked for. The problem is, Fjarn isn't much of a writer. And he didn't exactly trust you enough to sit and chat about it at the time. Later, he probably could have tolerated a wary discussion (so long as there was ale involved), but we hardly saw each other.

Herald does need strong leadership to bring folks into the Inn. I thought you were doing a fine job. Here's to hoping your health improves, and we'll see you in the fields again.

<lifts a jigger of bubbling orange fluid called "Mage Bane" in salute>

QBertSun 20-Apr-08 01:29 AM
Member since 04th Dec 2007
16 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68063, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #10

My lunatic thief seemed to just run into your characters, from Iltch to Reniste. Listening to my tedious rants across a number of characters must have gotten pretty annoying.

Was fun hunting with you, though.

-VI

IunnaSun 20-Apr-08 01:30 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#68070, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

Reniste was pretty promising to start, but I could definitely tell
things weren't going well for you at the end. I'm glad you at least
tried to be one of those Heralds that did something, and thanks
for the effort and all the help. Feel better, and hopefully try it
again!

And to love: a god
And to fear: a flame
And to burn a crowd that has a name

-Live, Selling the Drama

Khrathtyn (Guest)Mon 21-Apr-08 02:26 AM

#68088, "Khrathtyn hated Reniste."
In response to Reply #1

But I as a player really liked em. So keep up the good work, and I hope your headaches stop really soon.

Yhorian (Guest)Mon 21-Apr-08 07:49 AM

#68091, "Eep, good luck with the migraines"
In response to Reply #1

Yet more proof the US needs to get national healthcare. No one should have to suffer like that just because their insurance ran out. Ever. It's the kind of thing even poor ol' me would fork out a few hundred to prevent. (and even in Cuba and Iraq, they don't have to - it's national!)

I really love heralds in general and you were no exception. If you were playing under the influence of any maladies it didn't show - because you were always a positive, enthusiastic presence. You have no idea how much I respect you for that, it's often scoffed at but it's one of the hardest roles to play. We need a pwn scoreboard for awesome heralds like you, who take on board all the negative assholes out there that like to cry because they lost Humansunder, and do their darndest to make them smile in one capacity or another.

Nice one, and don't worry. There's a place for herald in a lot of peeps hearts. The only place where you can be guaranteed non-abrasive company in the turbulant hatefest of CF's politics.

Yhorian

Hrefnwik (Guest)Wed 23-Apr-08 12:01 PM

#68138, "My poem was sooo much better"
In response to Reply #1

Can't believe you were iltch. sorry to hear about the headaches, good luck!

Zanarlok (Guest)Thu 24-Apr-08 10:28 PM

#68176, "RE: Crapola."
In response to Reply #1

Had fun in the Battle of Brains and Brawns. Did not get to interact with you at all but hope to see you in the fields again soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68038 Previous topic | Next topic