Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gidibibble the High Elder of Shape..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67943
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-Apr-08 08:04 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67943, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gidibibble the High Elder of Shapeshifting, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan"

Tue Apr 15 08:00:13 2008

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gidibibble perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:37
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:49

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So ends the great tribgnomeshifter experiment, Twist, 15-Apr-08 08:42 AM, #1
     Reply I liked you., Creighton (Guest), 15-Apr-08 09:08 AM, #2
     Reply Wasn't me..., Twist, 15-Apr-08 04:11 PM, #5
          Reply Oops. sorry., pro (Guest), 17-Apr-08 09:56 AM, #17
               Reply No prob..., Twist, 17-Apr-08 10:35 AM, #18
     Reply It was you?!, Koolchi (Guest), 15-Apr-08 02:20 PM, #3
     Reply Nah..., Twist, 15-Apr-08 04:17 PM, #7
          Reply If you thought his was long, you must have hated mine!, Fendril (Guest), 15-Apr-08 06:30 PM, #9
          Reply Hey Twist, Koolchi (Guest), 15-Apr-08 07:07 PM, #10
     Reply RE: So ends the great tribgnomeshifter experiment, Runaktla1 (Guest), 15-Apr-08 03:56 PM, #4
     Reply yeah..., Twist, 15-Apr-08 04:20 PM, #8
     Reply Dude, your name drove me nuts!, Ashtalar (Guest), 15-Apr-08 04:15 PM, #6
     Reply This name would've been perfect, lurker, 16-Apr-08 09:04 AM, #11
          Reply I'm not saying it was a bad name. It actually made me c..., Ashtalar (Guest), 16-Apr-08 11:47 AM, #14
     Reply What forms did you get Twister? ~, Abernytee (Guest), 16-Apr-08 10:25 AM, #12
     Reply util/air..., Twist, 16-Apr-08 10:28 AM, #13
          Reply They might be vanilla but you might have gotten better ..., Abernytee (Guest), 16-Apr-08 12:15 PM, #16
     Reply Jeez your worse at gnome names than me, heh NT, Velyzaggon (Guest), 16-Apr-08 12:08 PM, #15

TwistTue 15-Apr-08 08:42 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67944, "So ends the great tribgnomeshifter experiment"
In response to Reply #0

Bleh. Boring character. I decided it was best to end it now, rather than stick it out and try to get more interesting forms.

Don't get me wrong - I had good forms, but I probably should have gone either offense or defense. Everything else about this char was middle-of-the-road, so having forms that were middle-of-the-road made me feel like I was being suffocated by a big gray blanked while playing.

As for Tribs - meh, I don't think I was in the cabal long enough to give them a fair shake. What I did see seemed to be a pretty big desparity between knowledgeable players and new players. Not a ton of middle ground. Getting bossed around by some of those new players was starting to grate a little bit, but Gidibibble's role was that of a fairly dutiful little gnome. I started to come out of that subservient role during a retrieval attempt the other night and I think that signaled the death knell on ol' Gidibibble Dibidikibble.

I did learn a good deal about shapeshifters - the mechanics, what they can and cannot do, and such. Same with Tribs, though I knew more of their internal workings than I did about shifters.

This char didn't make enough of a dent in anyone's life for a real goodbye. There were a few good-align warriors and such who took pity on a gnome shapeshifter and brought me along to bitch-rank me, and I appreciate that.

On to the next thing, maybe, in a few days. Something that can roleplay during leveling, I think (no gtell etc. in form was harder for me to deal with than I thought it would be).

Creighton (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 09:08 AM

#67946, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #1

I think I got on you a couple times for talking about finding gear in quasi ooc terms. (I try not to let previous character knowledge manifest its self in current characters. At the very least I minimize it.)

Still, I kept you on my radar when ever Matrik and I had an opening.
(Ah, Matrik. What an ugly woman. How I miss thee.)

Suprised to find out this was you though. Shapeshifters don't give much in the way of interactactibility so it's hard to shine.

TwistTue 15-Apr-08 04:11 PM
3431 posts
#67966, "Wasn't me..."
In response to Reply #2

I never talked about finding gear with anyone, to my recollection. Hell, everything I had/wore was either handed to me or I found on the ground or grabbed as I was leveling (the one exclusion to this is sandy cloaks - once I had a form that could do some damage I went and grabbed two of them).

pro (Guest)Thu 17-Apr-08 09:56 AM

#68020, "Oops. sorry."
In response to Reply #5

I was thinking you were a guy that was saying things like lets go kill X mob in Y place for Z piece of gear.

My bad.

TwistThu 17-Apr-08 10:35 AM
3431 posts
#68021, "No prob..."
In response to Reply #17

...but nah, I was too much of a level whore to bother my groupmates with trying to get gear. I was more like PLEASE LET ME JOINZ0R TEH GORUP!

Koolchi (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 02:20 PM

#67961, "It was you?!"
In response to Reply #1

I tried to be as original as possible but I might have come up as a newbie. I hate to use all the information I had from the previous character and use it in the new one. Some questions I asked you, you had to have previous knowledge to answer.

I am sorry if I came off as a douche bag or did anything wrong.

TwistTue 15-Apr-08 04:17 PM
3431 posts
#67968, "Nah..."
In response to Reply #3

You were cool, and your interview was actually quite good (if a bit lengthy - but then, I'm the sort who usually knows within 2 or 3 minutes whether I'll induct/recommend).

I do have some constructive feedback I'd give you if you want, but I'd prefer to do it via email (or if you see me when you're online, I'll pop you up to chat).

Or not, 'cuz I'm cool with that too.

Fendril (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 06:30 PM

#67972, "If you thought his was long, you must have hated mine!"
In response to Reply #7

I liked you and went right to the Provost after our talk. Had no idea who you were though. Would have been nice to work more with you instead of against you again. I'd say some more, but until I'm gone I'll keep my mouth shut.

Koolchi (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 07:07 PM

#67973, "Hey Twist"
In response to Reply #7

Check your email.

Thanks in advance

Runaktla1 (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 03:56 PM

#67965, "RE: So ends the great tribgnomeshifter experiment"
In response to Reply #1

> Something that can roleplay during leveling, I think (no gtell etc. in form was harder for me to deal with than I thought it would be).

Though im being incredibly nitpicky I always felt it was funny how its portrayed as though talk = roleplay, rather than just sticking to an actual character concept and do exactly what that character would do at any given time rather than satisfy OOC desires or something else. I mean you probably roleplayed a pretty good gnome-who-is-shifted-and-cannot-speak afaik.

TwistTue 15-Apr-08 04:20 PM
3431 posts
#67969, "yeah..."
In response to Reply #4

I'm an ok roleplayer through actions - that is, my elf invoker was pretty good at saving other folks, being nice to goodies, standing around and shepherding if I put quicksand down.

But to me the roleplay that made him interesting to play was the discussions I'd have with folks. In a text-based medium, it's tough to RP without talking. For me, anyhow. There's a difference between staying true to your role (law-abiding gnome shapeshifter) and actually acting out your role.

Ashtalar (Guest)Tue 15-Apr-08 04:15 PM

#67967, "Dude, your name drove me nuts!"
In response to Reply #1

I was always mistyping it. We had a good group together once, and pretty bad ones twice or thrice. You were at least someone I trusted not to attack me randomly... which there were few of.

lurkerWed 16-Apr-08 09:04 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67978, "This name would've been perfect"
In response to Reply #6

for a stupid chaotic gnome shifter

Ashtalar (Guest)Wed 16-Apr-08 11:47 AM

#67990, "I'm not saying it was a bad name. It actually made me c..."
In response to Reply #11

just that it was a pain to get it right when people asked who my "third" was.

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 16-Apr-08 10:25 AM

#67983, "What forms did you get Twister? ~"
In response to Reply #1

~

TwistWed 16-Apr-08 10:28 AM
3431 posts
#67984, "util/air..."
In response to Reply #12

squirrel
crow
mustang
crane
cat

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 16-Apr-08 12:15 PM

#67995, "They might be vanilla but you might have gotten better ..."
In response to Reply #13

~

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 16-Apr-08 12:08 PM

#67992, "Jeez your worse at gnome names than me, heh NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67943 Previous topic | Next topic