Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Havalan the One with Nature" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67828
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 10-Apr-08 01:16 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67828, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Havalan the One with Nature"

Thu Apr 10 13:12:46 2008

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Havalan perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:139

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thats right, it was me., Guy (Guest), 10-Apr-08 02:51 PM, #1
     Reply Clarification on the bit on druids, Guy (Guest), 10-Apr-08 02:55 PM, #2
     Reply I was SO suprised that time... txt..., Deiha (Guest), 10-Apr-08 05:04 PM, #3
          Reply If you have the log, Guy (Guest), 12-Apr-08 01:15 AM, #7
               Reply Aah of course!!, Deiha (Guest), 12-Apr-08 03:56 AM, #9
     Reply Heh, Throkk (Guest), 11-Apr-08 03:23 AM, #4
     Reply I tried!, Guy (Guest), 12-Apr-08 01:17 AM, #8
     Reply A little hint., Lyristeon, 11-Apr-08 11:56 AM, #5
     Reply I figured that was the case, Guy (Guest), 12-Apr-08 01:14 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Thats right, it was me., Ainvar (Guest), 13-Apr-08 06:47 AM, #10

Guy (Guest)Thu 10-Apr-08 02:51 PM

#67832, "Thats right, it was me."
In response to Reply #0

I can't say I know why I came back to CF. Pretty sure its subliminal crack or something or other.

I had alot better experience with this char than I did with Durzan. I wrote the role with 0 expectation, I pretty much intentionally worded it so not only did it not look like I wanted immeraction but the role pretty much said it all.

To those who took the time to read it, you really didn't have to? But I do hope you enjoyed some lost wanderings and a new attempted writing style.

Why did I delete? Well my first comeback char before Iborenn was a outlander, I HATED the cabal dynamic, I tried a few other outties since then and hated it then too. Havalan was no different as much as I enjoyed his somewhat haphazard RP I just hated the way Empire and Trib were set up. Sure I could probably retrieve, but at huge risk to myself with a super likely chance of coming back to absolutly nothing, with likely little chance in retrieving after trying multiple times.

That and sitting camo for trib, or call trep on lowbie emperials because Empire knows better than to come knocking on the tree. Just bleh.

Druids, about what I always thought. OP in alot of ways but really you can just sit in your guild and do nothing. Seriously thats what alot of people do as well.
They certainly aren't my favorite class to attempt to pk and they are quite fun to PK with. Though Havalan wasn't really a murderous mindless killer anyway.

Goodbyes? I guess there were a handful of people that really stuck out to me

Ainvar, Well I really don't know what I should and shouldn't say here. But I really enjoyed your char you seemed very real very alive to me. I hope you enjoyed our discussions Hav thought you were a strange duck and never really did trust you but he figured he should try and change your mind anyway!
Keep kickin man.

Lietta, I didn't talk to you much but you usually got a good laugh out of me when we did.

Throkk, your RP blew me away. I was always like damn I wish I'd thought of something clever like that for Hav that'd have made him alot cooler =( anyway you brought up the RP level of everyone around you. Even your foes.

Jhoqu, You were a close second with Throkk in the RP. You too blew me out of the water on occassions where I was just like well #### what should Hav say to that? Superb keep ambushing people!

Macha, you were kinda snooty in Hav's eyes. But I suspect that was your intent. I was after all a filthy wood-elf who ate mushrooms...
But you were definatly a goodie, there was no mistaking your place in the tree. Hawt.

Imms
Lyrestion, You really didn't seem overly certain what to do with me. I honestly wasn't too sure what do with you either. In alot of ways I wasn't really seeking the Imp himself. But I figured one would come with the other so when you started talking to me as the master of mayhem I decided to change my role somewhat to make room for following you.
I did enjoy our brief interactions, I'm still really curious as to exactly what provoked you to tat me that time, I really didn't ever feel like I particularly deserved it.
And of course sorry I bailed after said tattoo. Maybe I'll roll another follower thats not a outlander one of these days.

Guy (Guest)Thu 10-Apr-08 02:55 PM

#67833, "Clarification on the bit on druids"
In response to Reply #1

They are OP in the woods, but if you don't want to deal with said OP druid sit in your guild.

Now of course in the mid 30's esp 38 druids are just BRUTAL especially in the case of a human just because those pets dish SO MUCH PAIN. Then of course you've already got sunray and fireseeds and thorns in your arsenal too.
So lowbies die badly.
At hero it becomes more of a game of, are you STUPID enough to hang around and fight said druid in the woods and, can you escape if you are and things go badly?

Deiha (Guest)Thu 10-Apr-08 05:04 PM

#67842, "I was SO suprised that time... txt..."
In response to Reply #2

...in feawyn weald. Just couldn't believe that I made a druid run from a healer in a forest. I wasn't prepped or anything either, but damn! I wanted that little nifty amulet of yours. hehe Either that or some interactions with you since you followed Lyristeon as well.

Guy (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-08 01:15 AM

#67875, "If you have the log"
In response to Reply #3

You'll notice I didn't have pets =P I had just finished picking a fight with tribs and having to retreat, losing my pets in the process.

Not to mention I spend the first 8 rounds trying to primordial you.

Deiha (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-08 03:56 AM

#67877, "Aah of course!!"
In response to Reply #7

Hah! Of course, now I remember. (Yes, I do have the logg, I logg every minute of all my chars life. (got about 1GB of loggs in 12 months...)

Well, guess divine saves can do a lot. (Think I had around -60 or -70, not certain though)

Well, still a bit bummed that I never got to interact with any other imp follower...

Throkk (Guest)Fri 11-Apr-08 03:23 AM

#67856, "Heh"
In response to Reply #1

>Why did I delete? Well my first comeback char before Iborenn
>was a outlander, I HATED the cabal dynamic, I tried a few
>other outties since then and hated it then too. Havalan was no
>different as much as I enjoyed his somewhat haphazard RP I
>just hated the way Empire and Trib were set up. Sure I could
>probably retrieve, but at huge risk to myself with a super
>likely chance of coming back to absolutly nothing, with likely
>little chance in retrieving after trying multiple times.

You know, I can follow your line of reasoning. The outlander raiding dynamics are a little lopsided. However, if you aren't that much into raiding in the first place (I tend to dislike it), the good outweighs the bad.

>Throkk, your RP blew me away. I was always like damn I wish
>I'd thought of something clever like that for Hav that'd have
>made him alot cooler =( anyway you brought up the RP level of
>everyone around you. Even your foes.

Thanks man. You know I got this vibe off Havelan that I was talking to a vet. You threw a few cool hints regarding this and that. No wonder. For once we were on the same side and I didn't pimp you for info. FFS!

It wasn't that you weren't forthcoming, it was more like I thought we wouldn't make a good exploring team. Heh.

Don't be jaded and check the game out once in a while. Take care, guy.

Guy (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-08 01:17 AM

#67876, "I tried!"
In response to Reply #4

I always wanted to give you some other way to get the upperhand having noticed how solo oriented you were.
I really did try and drop some info on you, I really did!

And I'll always be jaded, its my flavor.

Guy, always jade flavored.

LyristeonFri 11-Apr-08 11:56 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67870, "A little hint."
In response to Reply #1

If anything, my religion is the anti-religion. If you are overly needy, you will more than likely just be ignored by me. If you are haphazard, live life to it's fullest and are independent, chances are really good you are on the right track. I do snoop my followers a lot and when they take that first chat for empowerment to heart and just live that way, a tattoo opens the door to the fun stuff. Unfortunately, like you said, you left after you got the tattoo, so you definitely missed what being a tattooed follower of mine is about.

Guy (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-08 01:14 AM

#67874, "I figured that was the case"
In response to Reply #5

I seriously gave thought to trashing some part of my role and going uncabaled. I just hated where outlander stood in the middle of cabal wars, no fault of yours.

I really wanted to see where Havalan could go I thought that role was really more of a really drawn out and overly described intro, and felt there was alot more.

Sorry if you feel like I wasted your time, though I did get some good ideas for a follower of yours in the future.

Ainvar (Guest)Sun 13-Apr-08 06:47 AM

#67903, "RE: Thats right, it was me."
In response to Reply #1

Hope you stay back with CF for a while. Ainvar enjoyed interacting with you and you came along at just the right time for him. I enjoyed our sparring, both verbal and physical, and you and your wit will be sorely missed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67828 Previous topic | Next topic