Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dalisnik Silnitvib the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67738
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 07-Apr-08 07:48 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67738, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Dalisnik Silnitvib the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon Apr 7 19:45:53 2008

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Dalisnik perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:99

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Gnome Sword Experiment Over, Minyar1 (Guest), 08-Apr-08 07:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over, Yean, 08-Apr-08 08:57 AM, #2
     Reply Well..., Minyar1 (Guest), 08-Apr-08 07:59 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over, Fjarn (Guest), 08-Apr-08 09:32 AM, #3
     Reply Success, Fjarn (Guest), 08-Apr-08 08:06 PM, #6
          Reply Time for a change!, Fjarn (Guest), 09-Apr-08 01:20 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over, Pargtorix, 08-Apr-08 04:54 PM, #4
     Reply Sorry we didn't get to do more., Minyar1 (Guest), 08-Apr-08 08:10 PM, #7
     Reply Reniste and Iunna - Something Special, Minyar1 (Guest), 08-Apr-08 08:13 PM, #8

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 07:11 AM

#67744, "Gnome Sword Experiment Over"
In response to Reply #0

It was a fun run, but not a powerhouse of a character and lost interest really fast. I could stand toe to toe with most mages, but had trouble with a large amount of melee classes. Resist was good, but I htink I would have enjoyed a svirf more for the stone skin protection on top of resist. Anyway, it was fun, I'll reply to individuals who write, but I thought battle has a good thing going right now. I will say that the whole "write a killing story" thing really rubbed me the wrong way and made me want to push the limits of what would be said and watched. The heart of the idea is good, but I think in practical purposes, it was stupid. I have a feel other people resent this as well, but I'll let them share as they fade away. The village just doesn't feel like a home for me very often anymore, I'm not sure why.

Aaron

YeanTue 08-Apr-08 08:57 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67745, "RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, I enjoyed Dalisnik some, and appreciated him participating in all those events (zealotry event, etc). Didn't get to watch or interact with you as much as I would have liked, but good stuff all round from what I saw. I liked his initiative and just so you know...Yean's religion doesn't necessarily intepret knowledge = writing, but if that's a skill you want to pick up, great of course! Have fun with your next and all that.

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 07:59 PM

#67754, "Well..."
In response to Reply #2

Svrithaz was another of my chars who was useless. He learned something from you about having more than one thing to work on. Writing was the second thing...had nothing to do with knowledge. I wish you had watched or talked to me more, I think you might have liked the struggle. Oh well, I'll make a good follower some day.

Fjarn (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 09:32 AM

#67746, "RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over"
In response to Reply #1

"The heart of the idea is good, but I think in practical purposes, it was stupid. I have a feel other people resent this as well."

You probably could have found a way to get this across while Dalisnik was still alive and kicking. You've been around awhile; I'm sure you could have come up with a suggestion to keep the intent, but be more practical/less stupid.

"The village just doesn't feel like a home for me very often anymore, I'm not sure why."

I'm not entirely sure how to fix this when it happens (it's happened to me before too). Sometimes it's the cabal, but sometimes it's the "lost interest in the character" coming through. And sometimes it's because the leader hasn't logged in for 4 days because of a really rough weekend (mutter). Regardless, thanks for the feedback. May your next rain death upon your foes.

Fjarn (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 08:06 PM

#67755, "Success"
In response to Reply #3

I like a char that is successful, by some standards Dalisnik was, but for the most part, if he can't pk and gets beat and lagged out of most fights..well, not much fun. Ah well, it was an experiment. I think it could be done, but I don't think rager is the way to do it.

I've played a ton of ragers over the years, and something is just missing in my drive for them. I haven't played a really really good one since Guenrayn...imo. I seem to do better with Empire, but I'm trying to avoid it right now while there is so much power there.

Fjarn (Guest)Wed 09-Apr-08 01:20 PM

#67801, "Time for a change!"
In response to Reply #6

Pretty sure I'm responding to Minyar, not to myself

It sounds like it's time to play something completely outside your comfort zone. When you've had a good Cabal X or Class Y, there's sometimes a tendency to drift that way with a later character. If it doesn't turn out well in 100 hours, it feels unsuccessful and you delete. But really, your original "successful" character maybe didn't reach that high point until 200-300 hours. I might try something completely different - something that I have no expectations on, or something that is so horribly underpowered that my expectations are set low and I'm bound to meet them.

Sorry for the rambling observation - I've had the same problem you're describing in the past, and it's usually just a couple of steps from burnout.

PargtorixTue 08-Apr-08 04:54 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2008
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67751, "RE: Gnome Sword Experiment Over"
In response to Reply #1

Your character really was one that I enjoyed having around and I was really sad the last time because I knew with your channel-tell that you were deleting. I wanted to talk you out of it but you were smart and did it nice and fast. Probably couldn't have anyhow.

Until I played this character, I never realized how many cabal related mobs fought with blunt. I'll never forget after this character and I'm betting that hampered you once or twice too. Anyways, sorry you lost the spark and I hope you find it in the next char, Battle or not. As for the killing stories, I don't want to hijack a death thread. Good luck with your next, Aaron.

-Parg's Player

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 08:10 PM

#67756, "Sorry we didn't get to do more."
In response to Reply #4

I just kinda blew past you in ranks as you don't seem to be around as much, or at the time couldn't be. I got to do some fun things, and participate in some awesome stuff.

Minyar1 (Guest)Tue 08-Apr-08 08:13 PM

#67757, "Reniste and Iunna - Something Special"
In response to Reply #1

Alright. I want to go out here and say, I am so very thankful for what you two have been doing lately. Your ideas and the things you have put together have been great. It has been awhile since I've laughed so hard, or been so intrigued with certain things. I was so mad at some of those questions, because I was right behind the others, or I mistyped 12 hitting the wrong two buttons. I consider myself a fast typer, but man o man. I think my acting was best though!!!! Anyway, other than the times you guys are choosing. 1pm on Sundays EST is horrible for anyone who goes to church. Its hard to justify to my wife that I'm going to not go because I want to play a game. Anyway, thanks again.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67738 Previous topic | Next topic