Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Shenkov Canis the Terrible Truth of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67416
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Mar-08 12:40 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67416, "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Shenkov Canis the Terrible Truth of Night, Advisor to the Chancellor"

Tue Mar 25 23:38:58 2008

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Shenkov perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:410

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Shenkov (Guest), 26-Mar-08 01:33 AM, #2
Reply You did ooze necro-ness, Vicaxion (Guest), 26-Mar-08 02:47 AM, #3
Reply Take care, Throkk (Guest), 26-Mar-08 03:05 AM, #4
Reply Can't believe I forgot you, Shenkov (Guest), 26-Mar-08 03:20 AM, #5
Reply Not sure who sucks here but, Eoria (Guest), 26-Mar-08 07:28 AM, #6
Reply Wow, someone missed their "sense of humor" roll., Twist, 26-Mar-08 09:09 AM, #7
Reply Cut Elhe some slack. He's an Engrish speaker, sometime..., DaBull (Guest), 26-Mar-08 09:37 AM, #8
Reply I know, that's why I posted a light-hearted reply..., Twist, 26-Mar-08 10:37 AM, #10
Reply C'mon!, Elhe (Guest), 26-Mar-08 01:17 PM, #15
Reply RE: Not sure who sucks here but, Shenkov (Guest), 26-Mar-08 12:30 PM, #12
Reply Thanks for the shout-out, Riv (Guest), 26-Mar-08 09:58 AM, #9
Reply Was the source correct?, Angaarn (Guest), 26-Mar-08 11:35 AM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Cezar (Guest), 26-Mar-08 12:53 PM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Shenkov (Guest), 26-Mar-08 01:15 PM, #14
Reply Bad luck eeh?, Deiha (Guest), 26-Mar-08 03:04 PM, #16
Reply Now where will I get my Hell gear from?, Khrathtyn (Guest), 26-Mar-08 07:02 PM, #17
Reply So is black channel :) NT, Playa Hata (Guest), 26-Mar-08 07:06 PM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes, jaynus, 26-Mar-08 07:19 PM, #19
Reply Just a quick goodbye., Clissa (Guest), 26-Mar-08 07:20 PM, #20
Reply Made things fun, Hrefnwik (Guest), 26-Mar-08 08:20 PM, #21
Reply Glad I pissed you off!, Darascus (Guest), 27-Mar-08 12:34 AM, #22
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Demtok (Guest), 02-Apr-08 01:41 AM, #23
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Shenkov (Guest), 02-Apr-08 08:00 PM, #25
Reply Great Job, Yean, 02-Apr-08 12:04 PM, #24
Reply So was it that last one that was wrong, or natural age ..., Velyzaggon (Guest), 26-Mar-08 01:16 AM, #1

Shenkov (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 01:33 AM

#67420, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well, that was probably one of the most enjoyable characters I've played on CF. From a RL standpoint, this character kind of spanned two eras of my life. During Shenkov's life, RL me graduated from college, ended a years-long relationship, moved 1,200 miles and started a reporter job at a big newspaper. I can't say CF kept me stable, as I was never really unstable, but it was certainly something that I looked forward to a lot and it helped occupy some pretty tough hours.

As for the character, he accomplished a lot I always wanted to exploration-wise, despite the fact Spectres are pretty terrible at exploring. I also finally got Twist's tattoo. That's something I had dreamed about since Masters were around and he "died" in the Great Ghost Dance.

The good: I tried to keep everyone else's fun factor in mind. And for the most part, they returned the favor. It's easy to find RP reasons to full loot or sac people's gear. But ask your self what the idea really is here - to really, literally try to BE an evil necromancer or an elven Maran, or to have fun? In the end, I think that's the goal. Team goodie, team evil, team rager and team nexus - keep in mind we're really all in it together, for the same reason. In the words of Rodney King... Oh, nevermind.

The not-so-bad: I don't really blame anyone, but man did I face some horrific gangs. Like... not even a standard 2 or 3 Fortress members vs. me. I'm talking about epic gangs in the vein of a Fortress conjie, a level 40 Empire assassin, and a Battlerager and a Nexite, all at once, seemingly coincidentally. I ganged my fair share, and I guess I should just be flattered that when people had to make the judgment call on who to hit, they chose me.

The ugly: Chanting boulders.

Goodbyes:

Imms:
Twist: You really made this character fun. Can't say enough how much your attitude helped me remember not to take any of it too seriously, so I can blame much of the fun factor on you. I think that's the highest compliment I can give. I think your heart really is in the right place, and that's inspiring. And for the record, all of your hints weren't wasted on me. I knew what I was walking into. I was just growing dangerously tired of the character. Not bored, just tired. I was really happy to see you come back during the whole Kharia thing. So thanks again!

Yean: Thanks for the RC pick. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that writing is so completely subjective. Two people can look at the same work and have opposite reactions. For some reason, it seems as though you are one of the bizarre few who enjoy my style, as you'd commented about the poems I'd written as Bazarov (as for the -ov names, I was taking a Russian Lit. class I thoroughly enjoyed). Thanks for the recognition, as it really did help reinvigorate the character at one point.

Morts:

SCION
Great cabal, if you have a LOT of patience.

Igbah: You're the man. Scion needs to have at least one mega powerhouse at all times, and you definitely fit the bill. You were a blast to hang out with. Thanks for all the fun.

Fatty: You're a phat hell leader. Absolutely amazing. Keep it up.

Ravon: See Igbah.

Dizari: I really liked you. I probably wouldn't have if I was one of your enemies, though.

Other Scions: I'm sorry for forgetting you. It's just been a long night.

BATTLE

I really wanted some kind of an epic rivalry with someone here, but it never happened. Was it playtimes, or was it the lack of really epic characters lately? A lot of powerful and deadly characters, but no one who really oozed rager. I won't name names, but some of the interactions with certain ragers really had me sighing and rolling my eyes. Maybe I've just been CFing too long.

FORTRESS

Darascus: You were frustrating. REALLY frustrating. I hated fighting you. REALLY. It might not have been certain death for me, but I knew I certainly wouldn't get you, and I'd end up teleporting.

Angaarn: I hated binder thieves, but had much better luck against you than Iltch. And as much as I really despised dealing with you, I gotta say you're a class act. Thanks for that.

Gramoak: I really liked you, too.

Laernoch, Juhldalor, etc... you're pretty cool in my book, too.

NEXUS

Iltch. ####in' Iltch. You were my least favorite character to deal with, period. It was the most frustrating feeling to just feel absolutely helpless. Once I was out, I'd just try to imagine where you'd drag me and plot the quickest path of return to my corpse to minimize the lootage. That worked, sometimes. Very conflicting after you got tat'd.

OUTLANDER

Feilinal: You landed one of the nicest solo kills on me. Pissed me off. You were tough and fearless, and we had some great goes. I wonder what would have happened if I'd tried my chanting boulders ploy on you...

Macha: You had guts, but man... You could be so much more deadly.

Riv: See Macha.

EMPIRE

Kostyan: One tough mofo. I really had a tough time with you.

Uh, I'm sure there were more, but I've written too much already. If you post, I'll respond. Sorry for forgetting you. Actually, no, I'm not. I didn't forget you. I'm incapable of forgetting. If you're not listed here, it's because you suck. So there.

Vicaxion (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 02:47 AM

#67421, "You did ooze necro-ness"
In response to Reply #2

I knew you with a previous character, and you killed me.

Funny to here you talk about the multi-cabal gang, as that time you killed me was a combination of you, Djabree and Throkk. Wasn't a ganking by any description, but it started off with Djabree injuring me, then Throkk turning my guard against me from out of pk. Then I slept the guard and had just cast scourge on it when you stepped into town and summoned me. Damn that 2 rounds of lag. And that was all she wrote. Since you did guard my stuff from parasitic lowbies (although haven't we all done that at some point?), it was actually quite a fun experience.

And, no, I definitely wasn't trying to make friends with you. I planned to kill you (somehow!). But that doesn't mean I have to start bitching at you when you kill me instead.

So thanks for making cf a better place.

Did you did in an attempt at liching? Or was it just a normal age death?

Throkk (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 03:05 AM

#67422, "Take care"
In response to Reply #2

>The good: I tried to keep everyone else's fun factor in mind. And
>for the most part, they returned the favor. It's easy to find RP
>reasons to full loot or sac people's gear. But ask your self what >the idea really is here - to really, literally try to BE an evil
>necromancer or an elven Maran, or to have fun? In the end, I think
>that's the goal. Team goodie, team evil, team rager and team nexus -> keep in mind we're really all in it together, for the same reason. >In the words of Rodney King... Oh, nevermind.

Despite your ironic slant, I couldn't agree more with your words. Great attitude, and it showed too when you played.

I know we rarely shared playing times and usually it would be at the end of your session, but I enjoyed all of our encounters. It was mostly fights, but fun all the same.

You would stick around to try clever things. Thanks for showing me some nifty necro stuff.

Shenkov (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 03:20 AM

#67423, "Can't believe I forgot you"
In response to Reply #4

You were scary... very tough. Even with all my protections, you hit like a truck. I did have something new at the end, and I would have liked to see how it would have turned out. But oh well. Thanks for the fights... and the heart burn

Eoria (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 07:28 AM

#67428, "Not sure who sucks here but"
In response to Reply #2

>Actually, no, I'm not. I didn't forget you. I'm incapable of
>forgetting. If you're not listed here, it's because you suck.
>So there.

But as soon as I saw you in same area with Eoria, you ran away without a try to fight.

Then you come here and write that someone sucks. Oh well, you do then?

TwistWed 26-Mar-08 09:09 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67430, "Wow, someone missed their "sense of humor" roll."
In response to Reply #6

Roll 1 d 20 to see if you get the sarcasm.

You rolled a 1.

You don't get the joke, and instead you post a flame that sorta makes you look silly.

DaBull (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 09:37 AM

#67432, "Cut Elhe some slack. He's an Engrish speaker, sometime..."
In response to Reply #7

NT

TwistWed 26-Mar-08 10:37 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#67437, "I know, that's why I posted a light-hearted reply..."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Wed 26-Mar-08 10:37 AM

rather than flaming as well.

Elhe (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 01:17 PM

#67450, "C'mon!"
In response to Reply #7

I drank whisky whole night with two beautiful nurses, slept for 5 hours. Of course I can not understand sarcasm

Shenkov (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 12:30 PM

#67446, "RE: Not sure who sucks here but"
In response to Reply #6

Do I suck? No. I am as incapable of sucking as I am of forgetting, as my flawless PK ratio will illustrate.

(Editor's note: The above, along with the last four sentences contained in the author's original post are, for all intents and purposes, to be considered an attempt at humor. Shenkov's PK ratio is not, in fact, flawless.)

But I did generally try to avoid bards, who are REALLY difficult to deal with for a necro who is not a lich or prepped to the teeth. Especially ones who can fiend, sigil of pain, shove and/or healing curse.

So I'll openly admit that "c teleport" was often my tactic with you. I don't think we tangled much, and I don't think our times lined up too well, either. But you seemed like you were pretty nasty (I mean that in a good way - like "tough," not like "smelly and gross").

Riv (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 09:58 AM

#67434, "Thanks for the shout-out"
In response to Reply #2

No matter the char I always feel like crap when my 51 gets beat up by a level 47...And amazingly I knew the mistake I made against you about 3 seconds after I made it. Oh well. All in all we were comrades after a fashion so I never felt too-too bad, even when making the walk'o'shame Good job.

Angaarn (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 11:35 AM

#67439, "Was the source correct?"
In response to Reply #2

I'll more than likely pay someone to find out the entire story behind what befell you at the end there, as I've been hinted it was betrayal. It's nice to know that even with a binder who usually gets labeled shameless ganker from the begining, dealing with me was not completely miserable. Yes for some reason I'm living in the passed bandit king's shadow, damn Iltch and his suave draggings.

Cezar (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 12:53 PM

#67447, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

We had some good fights, but, not as many as I would have liked. The small interactions we had were good. I definately respected you as a player. You and I have the same school of thought when it comes to playing this game. I want to have fun, and feel this is best achieved if the people around me are also having fun. Well done though. See you around.

Shenkov (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 01:15 PM

#67449, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #13

Argh. Yes, you make me want to take back my rager remark. You were gone a while ago, but while you were around, you really were a Battlerager's Battlerager.

Thanks for the great fights and the rivalry I claimed I was deprived of. Just wish it could have lasted longer and developed more.

Deiha (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 03:04 PM

#67455, "Bad luck eeh?"
In response to Reply #2

I really really put my heart into getting you that item. Did you get it eventually? Or just bored and tried with a wrong one?

I had some really good ideas after our hell trip, but didn't meet you again.

Thanks for showing me a around a few places, loved your RP, hard to know if you loved me or hated me though.

Keep it up, hope I'll see you in the fields soon again!

Khrathtyn (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 07:02 PM

#67465, "Now where will I get my Hell gear from?"
In response to Reply #2

Awesome job. You were a competant foe when I really didn't need one. It was funny letting you try to summon me. You never could.Good luck with the next...

P.S. Portals are stupid.

Playa Hata (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 07:06 PM

#67466, "So is black channel :) NT"
In response to Reply #17

NT

jaynusWed 26-Mar-08 07:19 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67468, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

We had great conversations and eventually became a great team. Dizari joined Scion!? Blasphemy!

- Janos

Clissa (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 07:20 PM

#67469, "Just a quick goodbye."
In response to Reply #2

I really like your philosophy about the game and the way you back it up IC. Good luck with the big job.

Hrefnwik (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 08:20 PM

#67470, "Made things fun"
In response to Reply #2

You were always up for interactions or schemes, and somehow had a quite evil air about you without being a ####.

Darascus (Guest)Thu 27-Mar-08 12:34 AM

#67479, "Glad I pissed you off!"
In response to Reply #2

Necros generally had a tough time with D's setup, though I'd wager it was mostly due to his saves (which were the highest I think I've ever had, barring my lich).

At first I didn't like Shenkov, and I thought you were kind of a scaredy cat. Boy did you change that perspective! You fought a lot, and always gave my fellow Maran a real run for their money.

As a side note, I definitely thought you were a Russian from the first time I saw the name. Then you spoke and I was like..."Huh..."

-ov names just ooze Russian.

Anyhoo, good luck man.

Demtok (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-08 01:41 AM

#67632, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I do suck! One point for the orcs!

Shenkov (Guest)Wed 02-Apr-08 08:00 PM

#67654, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

Haha, you were awesome. Orcishly mean, cowardly, dumb, gross and lovable all at once. And you were really competent. A blast to be around.

What happened to you? You just dropped off the face of the earth after that weird, buggy incident where you lost like 5 levels. I bet if you were around, we would have found my last item in time. I blame you! You do suck!

YeanWed 02-Apr-08 12:04 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#67637, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #2

Well, it seems you now have a fan for your written works? And russian is an interesting language I'd say..I learnt the alphabet but eh, that's about it. Anyway, I thought you did an awesome job with Shenkov, not just with the role but also other aspects of his life. Watched you a couple times and I left impressed...fittingly evil and Scion-like. Hope you enjoyed the rewards, and looking forward to your next for sure! (Hint: Battle bard?)

Velyzaggon (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-08 01:16 AM

#67419, "So was it that last one that was wrong, or natural age ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm kinda sphere knowledge so I wanted to roll/help with you as much as I could. Lich has potential for a lotta knowledge...

Kick ass char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67416 Previous topic | Next topic