Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the High ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67184
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Mar-08 02:04 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67184, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the High Wizard of the Arcane"

Mon Mar 17 13:00:22 2008

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tondumalanas perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:241

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'll admit I am glad that you are gone, Throkk (Guest), 19-Mar-08 03:22 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..., Dizari (Guest), 18-Mar-08 04:09 PM, #11
Reply Ugh. Don't remind me. n/t, Corsix (Guest), 22-Mar-08 11:58 PM, #25
Reply Oh So Not FUN! Thanks everyone., Todger-Man (Guest), 18-Mar-08 01:24 AM, #3
Reply I feel ya, Beer, 18-Mar-08 10:35 AM, #4
Reply RE: I feel ya, Isildur, 18-Mar-08 03:17 PM, #6
     Reply Play a fortie, now is the time, you will know what he m..., Todger-man (Guest), 18-Mar-08 03:25 PM, #8
          Reply This was an issue:, PreviousFortie (Guest), 18-Mar-08 03:38 PM, #9
          Reply RE: This was an issue:, Cerunnir, 18-Mar-08 04:26 PM, #12
          Reply Assuming makes an ass out of you and me, Hiajist (Guest), 18-Mar-08 07:55 PM, #14
          Reply Not sure it weakens the fortress, incognito, 21-Mar-08 03:31 PM, #24
          Reply RE: Play a fortie, now is the time, you will know what ..., Isildur, 18-Mar-08 03:49 PM, #10
Reply I feel you on that., Angaarn (Guest), 18-Mar-08 10:46 AM, #5
Reply For Daichyl, Todger-man (Guest), 18-Mar-08 03:19 PM, #7
Reply I did, Beer, 20-Mar-08 09:05 AM, #23
Reply RE: Oh So Not FUN! Thanks everyone., Hiajist (Guest), 18-Mar-08 07:44 PM, #13
     Reply Is this the invoker you are talking about?, Todger-man (Guest), 18-Mar-08 11:30 PM, #15
     Reply Question, Hiajist (Guest), 19-Mar-08 01:02 AM, #16
          Reply Answer, Todger-man (Guest), 19-Mar-08 02:30 AM, #17
               Reply RE: Answer, Hiajist (Guest), 19-Mar-08 03:21 AM, #18
                    Reply Btw, being a paladin has nothing to do with the scenari..., Hiajist (Guest), 19-Mar-08 03:25 AM, #20
                    Reply You are getting defensive!, Todger-man (Guest), 19-Mar-08 03:42 AM, #21
     Reply He's right, Dizari (Guest), 19-Mar-08 11:10 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..., Rayihn, 17-Mar-08 06:34 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..., Mizfara (Guest), 17-Mar-08 03:23 PM, #1

Throkk (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 03:22 AM

#67229, "I'll admit I am glad that you are gone"
In response to Reply #0

Transmuters are not OP, but super dangerous and fighting them is very
gear dependant.

When I had a decent suit, I could fight you, otherwise it was just run to the hills.

Those times I went to retrieve at empire and you neuroed me was just plain scary.

I enjoyed Tondu's honor and courage talks. You managed the Holier-than-thou really well. Good job. The irony of us both knowing the transmuter class build is tailormade to always fight on your own terms, just made it sweeter.

You seemed to have had a bad experience in Fortress. I suck at team work myself, but even then I suggest you simply step up the next time and take charge. Usually people actually respond positively to that.

Have more fun with your next.

Dizari (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 04:09 PM

#67200, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Really transmuter are not OP? Things must be really differnt on the goodie side of the guild. I've done some crazy things as a muter even before I had despoil and portal.

It must be a goodie thing. And you're right you guys are horrible at group fighting. It was great when I wrecked Angaarn right in front of you and Corsix.

Corsix (Guest)Sat 22-Mar-08 11:58 PM

#67348, "Ugh. Don't remind me. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

n/t

Todger-Man (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 01:24 AM

#67189, "Oh So Not FUN! Thanks everyone."
In response to Reply #0

My first hero mage in two years. My first arcane (and no they are not overpowered), my first Fortress, first Maran and first (unsucessful) Rayihn follower. The reasons I deleted is because I got bored with the dynamics of the arcane. I am not such a patient player and I like a more head on fight in pk. Duo and search search search search got really boring for me. The player base is not abundant enough to find people and given my play times I either had ten maran one imperial or ten imperial and one maran, neither of which was fun. I was really disappointed by the Maran cabal. It is 'each man for his own'. People didn't even meet up together and go for raids. A typical raid is when I said lets get the codex and One elf would say I'm busy, other would say I'm at the Palace, third would say I'm getting scepter. The only thing that really kept me going was being made a Maran and that I managed a decent set of gear and I said to myself... alright I'll stick around until I lose the set and learn the pk dynamics of the arcane. I did pretty well and managed more kills than I ever though I would. Arcanes are def'n not OP. Neuro can pwn you but it is easy to save against to the extent that you can't be perma lagged. I had Psyche Crush and I though it was a great edge. Some Good Byes -

Rayihn - I read your post. I feel bummed out. I tried every single hour of the day over different days. I woke up at 4 in the morning, stayed up till 3 at night, dropped band practice and prayed in the afternoon, prayed morning, night but OMG talk about bad luck.
I really wanted to try a Rayihn follower and I guess it will have to wait now. You have an interesting religion and hopefully I'll have better praying luck.

Shoranur, Istidenen, Acvilar, Juhdalor and many more, thanks for the good and bad interactions.

I am missing out on a lot, reply and I'll glady do the same.

Todger-Man : Trurkrag, Frajalar, YrillBink, Gorrnar, Ajourigi, Dwiyang and now Tondumanalas.

BeerTue 18-Mar-08 10:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67190, "I feel ya"
In response to Reply #3

I was also annoyed by this 'I do my own thing' kind of Maran. I liked that talk we had yourself and that healer that I don't remember...or was it Chante? Either way, I always enjoyed having a decent arcane and a Maranish one at that.

I'll see you in the fields!

IsildurTue 18-Mar-08 03:17 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67195, "RE: I feel ya"
In response to Reply #4

What's the alternative, all the heros group up and gang down as many evils as they can? Is that more fun?

Todger-man (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 03:25 PM

#67197, "Play a fortie, now is the time, you will know what he m..."
In response to Reply #6

He is not talking about five Maran and two Imperials, scions.

I'll give you two examples I lived through.

Shenkov Igbah versus four fortress. Two acolytes, two maran. We should have nailed them. But this one paladin says 'I don't fight with others, My faith says I don't fight with aid' his next dialogue was grant me haste and giant strength. D'uh. The Paladin words and runs to the palace, dies. The Acolytes succor, die. I reach and I'm the only surviving of the four. Scions not only retrieve but they take the orb.

Even during raiding other cabals the others will reach seperately. Two Imperials and Five fort and still we can't raid. Why? Because the people in question will run up ahead and either get killed two to one or get run off. It was insanely stupid. I was a support class and I felt this pain much much more. I didn't want to bring this up initially because I thought I might be the only one, but when Daichyl and Angaarn feel it too, it makes me believe that my frustration was justified.

PreviousFortie (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 03:38 PM

#67198, "This was an issue:"
In response to Reply #8

Personally I think paladins who follow Yean or any other God that requires them to work solo should not be in the Fortress. Ever. If you can not form up with others to deal with Evil then you are weakening the Fortress as a whole and breaking the tenents of both Acolytes and Maran.

I really wish at that time the Imms said sorry but no paladins/warriors/peeps in the Fortress who will not work together.

CerunnirTue 18-Mar-08 04:26 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#67201, "RE: This was an issue:"
In response to Reply #9

Depening on what situation it is, I both agree and disagree. If someone refuse to group up to raid against odds that cant be soloed, or to beat down a group of evils that run rampant I agree with you. But I disagree heavily if what you refer to is running in a team just to hunt random guys, because someone cant fend for himself in a 1 vs 1.

Hiajist (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 07:55 PM

#67220, "Assuming makes an ass out of you and me"
In response to Reply #9

Try playing Yean follower and you'll know whether they can work with others or not. The answer is YES! They just cannot accept help from certain classes that is all.

incognitoFri 21-Mar-08 03:31 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67322, "Not sure it weakens the fortress"
In response to Reply #9

Four people that work together plus one that works solo

should prove stronger than just

Four people that work together.

As long as you all know where you stand before the fighting starts.

IsildurTue 18-Mar-08 03:49 PM
5969 posts
#67199, "RE: Play a fortie, now is the time, you will know what ..."
In response to Reply #8

I'll grant you, those are pretty bad. First moreso than the second. It's more than feasible for two turn turn back five, depending on what class everyone is. Not to mention the difference in player skill that was probably in play.

I thought you were talking about situations where some fort member happens to locate an evil guy and cbs the whole cabal, "So-and-so in wherever," then expects everyone to drop what they're doing and rush over to gang the guy down. That's just lame.

For the situations you mentioned, it seems like the only thing lacking is someone to take charge. Nothing against Acvilar, but he can't be online 24/7. Maybe when the Captain position is filled it'll be less of an issue?

Angaarn (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 10:46 AM

#67191, "I feel you on that."
In response to Reply #3

The huge issue I had was that I did not want to be on my own solo all the time, and when I did let people know I was out there fighting someone they would walk in and summon/solo kill them and ruin any chance of binding I had. I think we could have done quite a bit more of damage had we just grouped the two of us rather than have people run in thinking OH EVIL with eyes on and let them just word away. I had a hell of a time running around with you the few times we got to.

Todger-man (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 03:19 PM

#67196, "For Daichyl"
In response to Reply #3

Why OH Why did you not de induct people when you were captain? The only thing they did for (should I say from maran) was the powers. They didn't care jack #### about others. Seeing paladins be so selfish it irritating to no extent. I remember these incidents -

One Imperial. Three Maran. We raid, get codex, they give me the codex and word. Taking it for granted that I'll go flat. What if said Imperial had placed centurions?

Everyone was so disorganised that it was a turn off. If I were made captain I would make it protocol to work as a team/family or work on your own, not as a Maran. I seriously can't forget the one time me and Angaarn had Shenkov knocked out and halfway through the binding a fort paladin summons him to the cabin from the weald (now the elf has eyes of flame on and so Shenkov wakes and recalls)

I also had a big issue with being everyones neuro monkey, it works really well but hell, it is boring. I liked Daichyl, he was transperent, friendly and approachable. Not to mention he tried hard and it showed. Good leader.

See you in the fields!

BeerThu 20-Mar-08 09:05 AM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67268, "I did"
In response to Reply #7

I always checked for my applicants, I even inducted someone as I deleted. Heh.

I did not want to be the easy induction guy, I wanted though to be present to whoever asked for an interview and pushed the Marans and squires to speak with the applicants.

I feel you though but about those paladins, I wanted to do something then I remembered how #### it had done with Gramoak that I told myself 'Bah, I guess the Immortals felt it was ok' and see, Acvilar got the leader stick! Heh.

Take care!

Hiajist (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 07:44 PM

#67219, "RE: Oh So Not FUN! Thanks everyone."
In response to Reply #3

We did not like each other, I believe thats a mutual feeling. Having fight beside you for so many times, and seeing it even from a third point of view, folks who usually fight beside you always end up dead. The case of Armin, Hiajist, Fort invoker(Sorry can't remember the name) versus Scions at North Galadon Road, you basically just stayed out and left the invoker and me to dead. Even from third point of view, Kostyan and Eoria raiding Fort, Shronaur and Tond defending, ends up Tond left Shronaur to died. Another scenario at palace, you were there outside and I was facing Kostyan, over 2 ticks no support from Tond other than initial quickening before raiding. Sorry to say, it was not a pleasant experience. Especially when your character keep asking Hiajist to get a something for you.
Its not all about you being able to survive. Jetting off when you see trouble is not teamwork.

Peace.

Todger-man (Guest)Tue 18-Mar-08 11:30 PM

#67221, "Is this the invoker you are talking about?"
In response to Reply #13

You tell Seliaest
'I require a shield of stone'

<964/964hp> <1212/1232mana> <703/703mv> - <standing civilized> who
Seliaest utters the words, 'aufgpuzre'.
A slight breeze seems to center on Daichyl.

<964/964hp> <1212/1232mana> <703/703mv> - <standing civilized> who k
That's not a
valid race.

<964/964hp> <1212/1232mana> <703/703mv> - <standing civilized> wear orb
You stop using a
staff of striking.
You hold the orb in your hands.

<964/964hp> <1212/1232mana> <703/703mv> - <standing civilized> zay A
The clouds disappear.
Flickering one last time your mantle dissolves back into fire and light.

<964/964hp> <1232/1232mana> <703/703mv> - <standing civilized> zay
You yell 'Die, Seliaest, you sorcerous dog!'
Seliaest utters the words, 'ghaizgpahhzf'.
Your a stoneform amulet explodes into fragments!
You feel utterly drained as you remove the amulet and change back to normal.
Seliaest's shattered stone misses you.
Seliaest is in perfect health.

<964/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <fighting civilized>
Your punch misses Seliaest.
Your punch hits Seliaest.
Seliaest's magic grazes you.
Seliaest has a few scratches.

<958/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <fighting civilized>
Seliaest has fled!

<958/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <standing civilized>
Angaarn says 'Speed?'

Daichyl frowns.

<958/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <standing civilized> say
Seliaest blinks a few times.

<958/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <standing civilized> say Eh?
You say 'Eh?'

Seliaest grumbles and growls. You wonder what's wrong...

<958/934hp> <1232/1232mana> <0/853mv> - <standing civilized> c relax
You breathe deeply,
feeling peaceful and ready to rest.

And THIS is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hiajist (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 01:02 AM

#67223, "Question"
In response to Reply #15

I believe that scenario happened after the incident at North Road. I also believe that incident has nothing to do with what happened on North Road.

Todger-man (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 02:30 AM

#67226, "Answer"
In response to Reply #16

You are the paladin, I'm not. If a voker will fight Igbah and Shenkov or Kostyan and Eoria or other highly reputed foes without a/b/s then how do you expect me to aid them in survival? Specially a player whom I used to lend wands to and grant flight when I found him/her stuck in his/her own quicksand.

Hiajist (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 03:21 AM

#67228, "RE: Answer"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah, I died together with him, and in fact, we would both probably survive if we were worded out. Or he would have survived since the horde were all targetting at me for like over 8 rounds.

Hiajist (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 03:25 AM

#67230, "Btw, being a paladin has nothing to do with the scenari..."
In response to Reply #18

nt.

Todger-man (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 03:42 AM

#67231, "You are getting defensive!"
In response to Reply #18

That is never a good sign. There are other fish in the sea.

Dizari (Guest)Wed 19-Mar-08 11:10 PM

#67257, "He's right"
In response to Reply #13

We laughed over CB that Tond left you to die pretty horrible deaths. He stopped in cast a spell saw the odds and left three people to die.

RayihnMon 17-Mar-08 06:34 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#67188, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..."
In response to Reply #0

The king of praying for me when I wasn't around. It seemed your hours never matched my playing and 'interacting' times and I always felt really guilty. I kept hoping you'd come around when I was actually available to RP but the times just never matched. I'm sorry about that, I looked forward to actually sitting down with you.

Mizfara (Guest)Mon 17-Mar-08 03:23 PM

#67185, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tondumalanas Todaramalas the H..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow. Sort of had you pegged as the next Captain. What gives?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67184 Previous topic | Next topic