Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66954
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 04-Mar-08 08:16 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66954, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard"

Tue Mar 4 19:14:56 2008

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Xarto perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard, Praeto (Guest), 05-Mar-08 10:58 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 01:25 PM, #15
Reply It was fun!, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 09:31 AM, #9
Reply Damn..., Dragrahl (Guest), 05-Mar-08 09:41 AM, #10
Reply RE: Damn..., Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 09:56 AM, #11
     Reply Ugh - the Rites, Dragrahl (Guest), 05-Mar-08 01:43 PM, #18
Reply perceptions, Fjarn (Guest), 05-Mar-08 11:02 AM, #13
Reply RE: perceptions, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 01:26 PM, #16
Reply Good char, Yean, 05-Mar-08 12:41 PM, #14
Reply RE: Good char, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 01:37 PM, #17
Reply You will be missed!, Hiajist (Guest), 05-Mar-08 09:18 PM, #19
     Reply RE: You will be missed!, Dark Priest, 06-Mar-08 12:03 AM, #20
          Reply Had to ask, the paladin that you mentioned, is it Acvil..., Hiajist (Guest), 06-Mar-08 05:53 AM, #21
               Reply RE: Had to ask, the paladin that you mentioned, is it A..., Dark Priest, 06-Mar-08 09:51 AM, #22
Reply It got bad towards the end there..., Angaarn (Guest), 05-Mar-08 02:39 AM, #5
Reply RE: It got bad towards the end there..., Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 09:01 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard, PSTYX, 04-Mar-08 09:46 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 02:07 AM, #4
Reply Shoot, Vehldriss (Guest), 04-Mar-08 08:49 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Shoot, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 02:05 AM, #3
          Reply Another one bites the dust, Ckol (Guest), 05-Mar-08 06:05 AM, #6
               Reply RE: Another one bites the dust, Dark Priest, 05-Mar-08 09:03 AM, #8

Praeto (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 10:58 AM

#66969, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard"
In response to Reply #0

I was very impressed with your resiliancy, you took a lot of hard knocks and kept on trucking. You were what I imagine a villager as in that respect. Villagers go through tough times in the village and have for years with many forces against them, they would naturally be hearty people that are good at picking themselves up after defeats. I felt bad every time I neuroed you down because of this and you probably noticed I backed off from you a bit to where I only really was against you in raid situations or when magic was very weak from then on out, I would look to balance using Artifacts at the couriers or help/hinder the other balances if they were unbalanced as well. I could tell you more in regards to this but there are still active politics happening all over and That's best left in game. Seems you dont quite have the bard down yet, but I dont think the village would be the easiest place to get the class down, one of the cabals that lets you take things at a slower pace and choose your battles and enemies more would probably benefit that. Well played char and I was impressed that after NONE of the battles or hard knocks you took did you ever go OOC with me and complain about anything. Well done. Good luck on your next and I look forward to facing off against you or fighting alongside you in the future.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 01:25 PM
Member since 19th Dec 2003
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66978, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard"
In response to Reply #12

Thanks for the input!

In all my years here I've never taken a bard past about lvl 20. I really enjoyed the class and I think it fits my play style well. I think I did well considering the odds and like to believe that in a different situation I would have done even better.

Toss me to the lions, I'll come out stronger!

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 09:31 AM
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66965, "It was fun!"
In response to Reply #0

Xarto was a blast and I had a lot of fun with him. With the exception of fighting paladins, I was able to take others with even odds pretty good but landing the kill was always an issue. Most of his fights were 1vs2 at the least (quite a few I chased off both attackers) but I've been in situations where I was ganged by five-seven people more times then I care to remember. Perma-lag was my bane.

Ckol and Atrinycyn were my favorites in battle. We always seemed to be in the fray of things together, I guess you two were the only other active hero range villagers so we were kind of forced to. Either way, I enjoyed interacting with you both very much and Xarto grew less and less annoyed with you as time went on. He pretty much hated everyone so thats saying a lot.

I was a bit peeved at the Commander choice. My entire time as Xarto I saw Fjarn maybe twice and I played a lot. Maybe different play times, but others seemed to feel the same way. A lot of people seemed to do the same thing, stopping playing (for the most part) and showed up for the rites. Most, when they didnt win, we never saw again anyway. Maybe I'm wrong about Fjarn, maybe he was oversees are tied up with work, but it irked me. I thought Ckol or Atrinycyn would have made a good commander but perhaps none of us were chosen because we were all almost con-dead heh.

I felt the same as the other heros who had deleted/con-died recently as far as the Drillmaster goes. I wont comment much on that though since he is still alive and kicking but I wasn't happy with the choice.

Once an elf, woodelf (sorry, bad with names) and the above two deleted I was stuck in hero range pretty much alone. My con started to fade even faster (deleted with five con).

There was one paladin who really stuck out to me and his play style/rp really screamed "I'm a paladin" but I can't recall his name. An elven Yean follower...anyway, thumbs up man. Keep doing what your doing.

Yean, thanks so much for the interactions. I had a lot of fun with the few talks we had and started to wish I had picked a different sphere. My origional goal was to try and earn Kastellyn's tattoo.

All in all a hard but very good ride. I really enjoyed the char and the interactions I had. I tried my best to stay true to my RP and be the grumpy evil guy I was.

Best of luck!

If you comment I'll try to reply but my memory of names and such isn't that hot.

Dragrahl (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 09:41 AM

#66966, "Damn..."
In response to Reply #9

Sorry to see you go. I was just asking about you over CB channel the other day too trying to see if anyone saw you. Had a piece of gear I thought you'd appreciate.

As far as Commander and Drillmaster go - I see Fjarn during about half of my logins. I see Drog during about 3/4 of my logins as well. So I haven't had any complaints about either of them in terms of scarcity.

My bigger complaint is that a large bunch of hero that never showed up in quite a while showed up for the Rites, and then when they lost, I haven't seen them again. But then again, maybe my typical evening EST time zone logins don't coincide with them well.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 09:56 AM
205 posts
#66967, "RE: Damn..."
In response to Reply #10

I enjoyed our travels, when they lasted. We always seemed to get bothered though, but it was fun! I liked fighting you in the rites

Best of luck!

Dragrahl (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 01:43 PM

#66984, "Ugh - the Rites"
In response to Reply #11

I could have defeated you SO easily if just one thing went my way - c'est la vie.

But then again that's how most of my fights go - unless the stars line themselves up correctly my chances aren't as good.

Fjarn (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 11:02 AM

#66970, "perceptions"
In response to Reply #9

It seemed like you had fun. It can be hard to stick around after a fun group dies off, so it didn't really surprise me to see you bail after Ckol/Atrinycyn died. I figured you'd be upset, as they were, over the Drillmaster choice. I understand and respect that, and I won't defend my choice here.

For what it's worth, I felt like the only hero Villager online for basically the full two weeks before the Rites. My guess is our play times just didn't match up. That's the nature of the game, I suppose, and I'm sorry your perception left such a bitter taste after the Rites.

Our brief travels were fun, though, and I wish you good luck with your next.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 01:26 PM
205 posts
#66979, "RE: perceptions"
In response to Reply #13

Thanks! Best of luck with the village and yours to come.

YeanWed 05-Mar-08 12:41 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66973, "Good char"
In response to Reply #9

I liked Xarto and enjoyed interacting with him, as well as his 'I hate most people' rp. This char matured real nicely over time, and did what a Battle bard is meant to do. Your works were fresh and interesting, and your attitude was solid. I'm pretty sure we'll cross paths again, so good luck and looking forward!

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 01:37 PM
205 posts
#66982, "RE: Good char"
In response to Reply #14

Again, I really enjoyed Yean. I wish we could have had more interactions but I'm not complaining at all. I was so impressed that if my sphere were different, I would have tried to incorporate a religious pull.

I did -hate- writting my own works though, I'm far from a poet irl. Thanks for pushing me! =)

Hiajist (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 09:18 PM

#67014, "You will be missed!"
In response to Reply #9

Xarto is a character I will definitely miss. I was hoping for more interaction with you. Alas woe be me. Xarto is definitely a character that would be more welcomed in CF from a player stand of view. Thank you.

Dark PriestThu 06-Mar-08 12:03 AM
205 posts
#67020, "RE: You will be missed!"
In response to Reply #19

Thanks! I love to know that I made a positive impact or helped to contribute to a good experiance. My next incarnation is already poking around. =)

Hiajist (Guest)Thu 06-Mar-08 05:53 AM

#67025, "Had to ask, the paladin that you mentioned, is it Acvil..."
In response to Reply #20

Dark PriestThu 06-Mar-08 09:51 AM
205 posts
#67028, "RE: Had to ask, the paladin that you mentioned, is it A..."
In response to Reply #21

I want to say Acvilar. We had a few semi-lengthy talks. He knows who he is so he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Angaarn (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 02:39 AM

#66961, "It got bad towards the end there..."
In response to Reply #0

Our first few fights on the eastern and at the nexus when you were raiding were great, towards the end there I can definitely understand where you were coming from. What I do wish is that we all could have attacked eachother at the end, but alas from my perspective one dead evil is better than no dead evils. My con is dwindling as well I'm sure I'll join you up here soon enough.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 09:01 AM
205 posts
#66963, "RE: It got bad towards the end there..."
In response to Reply #5

I'll wait till your con is gone before commenting =)

PSTYXTue 04-Mar-08 09:46 PM
Member since 06th Feb 2008
62 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66957, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard"
In response to Reply #0

One of the few Ragers besides Ckol, and actually any character period, that Veesa could have a standing grudge with and still be friends with. At least until the end there, when you started getting mad, and I knew this would probably happen next. Anyway, good luck on your next.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 02:07 AM
205 posts
#66959, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Xarto Kelar'tul the Master Bard"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed our fights and interactions very much but at the end, when you tried to gank me down, I was coming for ya

I think Veesa got the point though, heh.

Thanks for the fun!

Vehldriss (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-08 08:49 PM

#66956, "Shoot"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you in our brief encounter. That incident at the Village was...well a little craptacular on your end, and I gotta admit, it sucked. I'm glad you took it well...it kinda seemed like you understood where I'm coming from and where the other is coming from. Too bad I missed the assassination

In the end, it's about having fun.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 02:05 AM
205 posts
#66958, "RE: Shoot"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, it sucked but I kind of expected it when I noticed you there. I wont go into details because they could potentially assasinate the char but yeah, it was messed up.

I never took gangs bad, its about all I ever faced. It was just the perma lag that irked the heck out of me. Regardless, Xarto was fun and I really enjoyed the cabal. Was down to about five con, just couldn't hack it. I wanted to get my next started.

I'll try to make some further comments tommorow when I'm not half asleep.

Ckol (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 06:05 AM

#66962, "Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #3

Aah! I really did like Xarto. Hope I get to interact more with your next char.

Dark PriestWed 05-Mar-08 09:03 AM
205 posts
#66964, "RE: Another one bites the dust"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, Ckol was one of my favorites along with that little gnome that I always seemed to die with when we raided together :shakefist:

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66954 Previous topic | Next topic