Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Janos Ist'uss the Conceit of Iniquity" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66912
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 03-Mar-08 07:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66912, "(DELETED) [SCION] Janos Ist'uss the Conceit of Iniquity"

Mon Mar 3 18:22:13 2008

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Janos perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:207

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What a fun ride! Thanks everybody., jaynus, 04-Mar-08 10:18 AM, #1
     Reply Good character., Lyristeon, 04-Mar-08 12:21 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Good character., jaynus, 04-Mar-08 07:38 AM, #7
     Reply I enjoyed killing people with you. Janos was cool. Roll..., Voberand (Guest), 04-Mar-08 12:34 AM, #3
     Reply RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody., Shenkov (Guest), 04-Mar-08 02:48 AM, #4
     Reply RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody., Rayihn, 04-Mar-08 07:26 AM, #5
     Reply RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody., jaynus, 04-Mar-08 07:37 AM, #6
     Reply God... Ayik two., Angaarn (Guest), 04-Mar-08 11:54 AM, #8
     Reply Good foe to have..txt, Jhoqu. (Guest), 05-Mar-08 04:08 PM, #9

jaynusMon 03-Mar-08 11:30 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66917, "What a fun ride! Thanks everybody."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 04-Mar-08 10:18 AM

Wow. This was my first character since Yujih a year back. Generally, I roll a Scion, get to mid 30's, get uninducted for some parity reason and delete and give up completely on the cabal entirely. I'm glad I got to see the inner workings and knacks of the Cabal, because it's one of the most unique of this MUD.

I rolled Janos with the intention of roleplaying a dark-elf the way I believe dark-elves should be - arrogant, condescending and entirely rude, even to the point of burning bridges on the way. I based Janos's personality off of a friend of mine, making it very easy for me to slide into roleplaying him as a spoiled brat who believe he deserves everything and doesn't have to work for it. I think I did it pretty well and eventually people who communicated with Janos got what he was like and responded in kind.

Unfortunately, the time has come where I simply cannot put anymore effort into this MUD. I rolled Janos in December to help me get through my stint of unemployment (with good reason!), giving me something to do in between handing our resumes. Not only this, but my band was busy for two months writing new material for a set that we wish to hit the road really hard for. Thus, I knew that I could come to this MUD, try out the new changes and have a tonn of fun while doing so. Lo and behold, I could not imagine how much fun this would actually be.

I have to put it up for the Immortals. I have been playing this game on and off since I moved out to Oshawa in 2003 and everytime they find a way to sucker me back in to this game. Though the amount of immteraction I got was much lower than with my previous characters, the immxp, title, lastname and general recognition all helped me stay motivated while plugging hours away with this guy. I remember a time a few years ago when the playerbase and the Immortals were constantly at each other's throats - it seems now that everyone gets along much better. More people have cool, interesting looking titles. More people have lastnames and more people are making just cooler character. Kudos to you playerbase and a huge kudos to you, Immortals!

The new changes are awesome. The Veil (Villagers/Nexans), sleek changes, dex/armor changes are all awesome updates to a game that can stay relevent. I always play graphic games on and off, but take it from me - this games PK/RP environment always consistently tops them all. Unfortunately with that, I simply cannot spend anymore time. My time is now divided up from working 50 hour weeks, girl, writing with the band and hitting the road with the band. Rather than play the character to con death (as was originally intended), I simply decided to delete after dying foolishly to Kostyan at 4:30 in the morning.

Game mechanics now. Janos was my first mage passed 30, my first hero Scion and my first mage to find sleeks. I know that at the starting, I was easy Villager meat. I am used to playing Villagers and wasn't really used to NOT playing balls to the wall style - I should have learned earlier on that once I see a Villager on where, to just word out instantly. I think I eventually started to get how the Transmuter class and all it's little intricacies worked. The class is EXTREMELY strong, even to the point of almost needing a looking at by Implementors. The fact that I could outmelee anybody, have more HP then most other classes (with despoil), maladict and do extreme damage to anybody was crushing. I was the ultimate PK buddy, the ultimate learning buddy and the ultimate Cabal bud. I would even go so far as to call Transmuters the second best support class in the game - especially when Igbah was involved

So, thanks to anybody that interacted with me. The quality of this MUD has risen tenfold since I last made a character. It seemed that no matter who I interacted with, everyone was always roleplaying and being constantly interesting to speak with. Not only that, but I don't think I got full looted once! Good on you Carrionfields.

On to thanks now. If I miss anybody, post in topic and I'll reply in kind.

SCION

Igbah - You big fatty. What can I say? Without you, Scion would have crumbled a long time ago. The moment you got Chancellor, I decided it was my time to go. I was gonna gun for Advisor (as spoken to you before) but I did realize that I did not have the dedication to keep the cabal strong. You and me ran through so many people it was almost laughable. A giant sword spec equipped like you coupled with Trans buffs is just outright ridiculous. I always felt bad asking you questions about the MUD because you seemed very knowledable in every area and piece of equipment, but whatever, I think I made up for it with the amount of metabolic quickening I gave you. Congratulations on making a beastly character, good luck with the Chancellorship and I'll definately missing slaughtering with you.

Shenkov - Our first interaction was a funny one, if you can remember it. I said 'interesting' on the cabal chat, and you stated that 'if I find everything interesting, I am either naive or stupid'. Thus began an interesting relationship between two people climbing the power ladder. Janos always wished he had a chance to kill you, but he knew he couldn't without some sort of political reprucussion, and thus never really did so. I think you play a good necro and you were ballsy enough to rival the Villagers. Grats on Advisor and keep sticking through it.

Ravon - You were a beast through and through. I can recall you logging and killing 4 people within 10 minutes, which was ridiculous. I don't think you were a good Chancellor, however. You constantly made it seem like Scion was your whipping boy to do as you please and gain power and as a person who knew #### all about requipping a mage, I felt like it took away from your Chancellorship. Your a smart player though and your impact will be felt for a while on this MUD, so congratulations.

Chrichuk - I'm sorry I bailed on you in that doubles tournament. I really think if I stayed we might have had a chance at winning it!

Shulyazara/Anonymous - I'm grouping you the same because you both seem new to the game and cabal and sometimes messed up in group fights, resulting in me grinding my teeth loudly. Keep sticking with it though and you'll do fine!

Bhalfwei - Awesome character. I'm sorry we couldn't interact much but I know you'll go far.

NEXUS

Iltch - I actually hated your character and roleplay. You were great at playing a thief, but I think you were a huge powergamer - though the immxpteraction say otherwise.

Grecken - I always wanted to kill you

Praeto - Ditto upwards, except I actually did once!

FORT

Angaarn - We never really got a chance to fight each other solo since the early 40's, but alas, we did have alot of good fights. A solid character, and I was glad you talked to me when I was the only Scion on for days. It's nice to know your recognized by your enemies.

Gramoak - One of Janos's nemesis's throughout his life! When we fought, it either went completely my way or completely your way - though by the end of it, I was pretty sure on how to get you time and time again. I loved your character and roleplay and was genuinely upset when you deleted. People like you make it fun to be on the other side

Siphana - I thought our interaction was hilarious

Darascus - Great and strong character, I always wanted to get you

OUTLANDER

Felinal - I hated you with a passion. You would always show up out of nowhere and just started kicking my ass backwards. You are a very strong player and leader.

Jhoqu - I am sure if I ever got the chance, I would have got you good. However, you very wisely always stayed out of the way until you had an advantage. Well done on that. That one time you killed me while I was flat is still confusing me

Throkk - You thought I was a wimp but I knew that once I had my protections up, I would have given you a run for your money. I really thought I had you on the Open Sea when I earthbound you - many people forget to bring boats once they stock up on flight potions. I wish we fought more but our playing times didn't overlap.

TRIBUNAL

Geran - God I hated you.

Inglor - See above

VILLAGER

I will always have a special place in my heart for this cabal and thus, tried to go easy on them when I could. Actually, I had fun killing you guys and guarding your corpses out of respect. I know how hard it is to play a Villager in this game and tried to let you have it a little easier when I permastunned/outmeleed you.

Anyone else I forgot, please feel free to send it.

Immortals - Thanks so much for keeping this game going strong. Thank you so much for the immxp and the awesome title that fit my character to a tee. Like I mentioned previously, I think CF is the strongest it's been (minus the loss of some players). The new changes are great. Adding things like edges, diversifying rangers and thieves and the Veil are all good things to keep people who play on and off coming back and experencing something new.

Well everybody, I hope you all had as much fun with Janos as I did. I tried my best to keep my roleplay consistent and the PK's coming strong. I tried to stay logged in when I didn't have the Scepter, re-raid when I shouldn't have and attack people who were way too protected for their own good to keep people on their toes. Whats the fun of playing a game if everyones too safe eh!?

I'll most likely not be returning until after summer and even then, maybe not after that. I have a life I have to get in shape, a band to try to get off somewhere and a girl to worry about. Unfortunately, MUD does not fit in these priorities anymore. Thank you again for being the game I can play when #### goes wrong and I just want to escape from the world.

Yours!
- Jaynus

Kriack the Axe Swinging Ally of the Boss
Kackrik Scruffbeard the Undaunted, Bloody Hammer of Battle
Ayik the Silent Blade of Reason
Janos Ist'uss, the Conceit of Iniquity

LyristeonTue 04-Mar-08 12:21 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66918, "Good character."
In response to Reply #1

Before I became an imm, one of the biggest thrills I got was getting a cool title. Immteraction, bonuses, etc. were all good too, but, I can remember my really great characters by their titles. Even if nobody else does. So, if you are a decent hero range character, I try my best to make sure you get a title now. I am glad you liked it. Hopefully it caused you and a few others to look up the meaning. Good luck with the next.

jaynusTue 04-Mar-08 07:38 AM
139 posts
#66927, "RE: Good character."
In response to Reply #2

Yea dude, I totally had to look up my title after you gave it to me that night, which gave it a big coolness factor. Thanks for the love dude!

Voberand (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-08 12:34 AM

#66919, "I enjoyed killing people with you. Janos was cool. Roll..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Shenkov (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-08 02:48 AM

#66921, "RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody."
In response to Reply #1

Aww... Wish you didn't go.

Yeah, I definitely got the feeling you'd kill me if you had the chance to get away with it. And we did share a few tense moments. But you were one of the few Scions I knew I could count on knowing his stuff all the time.

Yeah, that first little confrontation was fun. I felt like I had been too nice for most of the character's life up to that point so I decided to pick a fight.

But since then... man, talk about some rough times... I guess I'll save the rest of what I'd say for my own goodbyes.

But great char, good fun, and GLWYN.

RayihnTue 04-Mar-08 07:26 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66925, "RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody."
In response to Reply #1

I had fun with your notes, and was hoping you'd stop by the Bathhouse some day and rap with me, was considering tattoo'ing you if you'd done it. Ah well, hope to see you around next time!

jaynusTue 04-Mar-08 07:37 AM
139 posts
#66926, "RE: What a fun ride! Thanks everybody."
In response to Reply #5

That's so wierd! I totally thought I didn't have a chance in hell to be tattoed by you after a few of our interactions. To tell you the truth though, I actually never really found the Bathhouse

Angaarn (Guest)Tue 04-Mar-08 11:54 AM

#66934, "God... Ayik two."
In response to Reply #1

That's twice you've owned my thieves. Nazzryn when Jinroh was village leader and now Angaarn in fort... thats just annoying man. Its hard to fight one on one battles as a binder, everyone is always calling for help because they'll think the binder is calling in a gank. I was hoping to get you knocked out one of those times you were rolling around solo but transmuters just have such good rogue qualities, I may have to make that my next class all the stealth of thieves all the power of invokers and all the defense of warriors. And yeah good times getting a little rp in while we battled it out.

- Brian.

Jhoqu. (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 04:08 PM

#66993, "Good foe to have..txt"
In response to Reply #1

Having played a few transmuters to hero I know how dangerous they can be so I wisely stayed out of your way as you said. Iggy and Shen are both able to end me quickly if I put myself in a position to let them do it, but Janos gave me the most concern. Vuln mental giants just don't do well vs neuro.

I wish I had the fight logged so you could have seen what happened in the case you mentioned. I snared the group and knew you would not be caught. I waited in case you popped out to get the others out of the snare and thought I saw you pop out. I was suprized you were able to be bashed. Maybe a bug? Either way I knew I only got you because of luck and we spoke of such.

For two people that hardly ever spoke I thought you did an excellent job with the char and oozed dark elf better than most. Sucks to be short another good player but I;ll rest better with you gone. See you soon in the fields.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66912 Previous topic | Next topic