Subject: "(CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained General of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6678
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-May-02 10:35 AM
Member since 24th Jun 2024
16956 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6678, "(CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained General of War"

Thu May 23 12:34:28 2002

10 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Ooqogar perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:258
PK Ratio:46% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good job !, Bethrella (Guest), 25-May-02 08:17 AM, #25
Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Quoquar (Guest), 25-May-02 04:56 AM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Vladamir, 23-May-02 11:39 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Quoquar (Guest), 23-May-02 07:41 PM, #9
Reply Quoquar, Ooqogar (Guest), 25-May-02 03:36 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., OriginalQuoquar (Guest), 25-May-02 05:12 AM, #24
Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Ooqogar (Guest), 23-May-02 10:43 AM, #1
     Reply Good job, Yekirat (Guest), 23-May-02 11:31 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Vomalice (Guest), 23-May-02 11:41 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Tasharis (Guest), 23-May-02 12:16 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Lintronea (Guest), 23-May-02 12:23 PM, #5
     Reply Well Ooq, Swirzza (Guest), 23-May-02 02:01 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Dalentar, 23-May-02 05:16 PM, #7
     Reply Bah, knew I forgot someone, Ooqogar (Guest), 23-May-02 06:21 PM, #8
          Reply Someone ? You forgot me !, Quoquar (Guest), 24-May-02 07:06 PM, #19
     Reply Just curious.., Siacla (Guest), 24-May-02 05:36 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Just curious.., Ooqogar (Guest), 24-May-02 04:28 PM, #17
          Reply One more thing.., Me again (Guest), 25-May-02 04:55 AM, #22
     Reply Excellent work, Brindelbik (Guest), 24-May-02 05:37 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Excellent work, Ooqogar (Guest), 24-May-02 04:35 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Kerikorlian (Guest), 24-May-02 12:55 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Boy Scout (Guest), 24-May-02 01:08 PM, #14
          Reply Why stay and fight?, Ooqogar (Guest), 24-May-02 04:23 PM, #16
     Reply RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..., Intronan, 24-May-02 01:57 PM, #15
     Reply Well done, Dwoggurd (Guest), 25-May-02 04:20 AM, #21

Bethrella (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 08:17 AM

#6679, "Good job !"
In response to Reply #0

Had my respect, staff spec, hrm never saw anything but maces in those huge hands, Did I ?
Nice job, we did have some little interactions (and a few horibble mistells)
was fun however it went
luck in next

what you planning next ?

AND BY THE WAY WHERE THE HELL IS QUOQUAR LOST !

Quoquar (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 04:56 AM

#6680, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #0

Never did Interact a lot with you but dont know,somewhere along the way I really began looking upon you as a brother (sentimental fool that I am.hehe)
There never could be more seperate ways we could have taken.You a rager and me with you till 25,then you disappear and I join the scions.Fortunately you reappeared when I was kicked out and were not witness to any of my fights with the ragers.(However shitty they were)
So there I am,of a party which had vanquished the village,kicked out,and a villager lifts my spirits up.And Man I felt sorry every time I saw you a ghost (not very often)
The amazing coincidence of our names .... I got tired of trying to convince people that I am not that Battlerager,and no you have not left the village,and no we are not the same guys,Ooqogar aint my "brother".
Whew,what a life you had.Nice going man.And our names brought some cheer into my mine.Whew.Except for the part where a mage killed me thinking me to be you.

VladamirThu 23-May-02 11:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#6681, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #0

I respected the hell out of you. You were the only villager in the last month of so of Eselflecks life to fight him one on one. I was going to mention you by name in my farewell on Dio's, but hell if I could remember how to spell your damn name. Heh. I think when I fought you I still had snow badger as my biggest (ugh) form. You mowed me down and I don't think I managed to hit you more than a few times.

Very well done.

Quoquar (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 07:41 PM

#6682, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #0

Forgot your friend Quoquar did you not ?
Great one, perfect charecter if I must say.
Things keep me busy so I can not play Quoquar
But he will be back with and for a Bang !

Rock on.....

Luck in all that comes after this one........

Ooqogar (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 03:36 AM

#6684, "Quoquar"
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, for a while there everyone got us confused. Good luck with the rest of Quoquar's life - make us fire giants proud.

OriginalQuoquar (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 05:12 AM

#6683, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #9

Well well.Surprise surprise.There are three of us now.I bet THIS is gonna be confusing.Well the original Quoquar's post is the most recent posted {at the time of typing} at the very top.This seems to be one of my friends keeping my memory alive as I vacation.

The Original Quoquar.Man this is getting funny.Oor not.

Ooqogar (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 10:43 AM

#6685, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #0

Thus ends the saga of a spear spec fire giant. I got a little tired of him toward the end, but overall I would say he was a successful character. I had failed with my previous attempts at ragers and wanted to make a rager that I could be proud of. I did my best to always live up to what I thought the principles of the village were and should be. I did my best to never gang bang. I also tried to never attack priests. I raided any and every cabal possible, whether I had the numbers on my side or not. I think I succeeded so I am happy.

Notes on the character: Sphere was deception which I took as a mild thing. I basically played it as Ooqogar pretending to be much dumber than he really was. At the same time I wanted him to be a true fire giant and not be a paragon of intelligence regardless. As a result I had an excuse to do some really really dumb things, which was nice. Overall I was happy with my choice of specs, though I don't think I will ever do a giant spear/staff spec again. Legacies are awesome, great job on them Imms.

Cabals:
Battle - I liked most of you, though there are always some problem areas. I think the best thing any of you can do is to always look at the big picture. Swirzza, I always liked your character. Shamus, you deserved leadership. Austyn, Tasharis, you both have the potential to be great. Don't rage delete. No others active at my times come to mind. Intronan, thanks for the induction and the talks. You are an excellent addition to the Battle pantheon.

Warlock - you guys are tepid, rarely raiding, not sure what you do all the time. The invokers were decent I guess, but I was really always at a disadvantage fighting them. Lintronea is probably the best out of all of you (and she used to be fun, but got all annoying the last 100 hours or so).

Scions - for the most part I didn't have many of you in range the hours I tend to play. The ones I had have passed on. Dwoggurd, I got lucky killing you that one time. I hated fighting warriors because I felt that distracted me from my real task, mages. But for the most part, without a warrior no mages would even come near the village or show up at the Chasm to defend.

Nexus - again, not a power when I was around. Fought some of you and generally had no other interactions.

Independents - Brindelbik, probably my best friend, enjoyed all the fights and talks; Llohuir, I like your character, wish you were around more.

On to the next. Thanks to all for the continual entertainment.

an eog-tipped harpoon named "Jagged Ash" has signed out.

Yekirat (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 11:31 AM

#6703, "Good job"
In response to Reply #1

To be honest, I didn't want to fight a mirror version of me that has deathblow, resist, and thirst...you really made me careful where I walked. I had your leader spear for most of my life, too. I might have used it once, sorry. I just didn't have much use for it when I had two screaming demon maces, long titanium spear, and a cursed sahuagin spear.

<706/706hp 320/320m 475/475mv> lore leaderspear
Short : an eog-tipped harpoon named "Jagged Ash"
Name : Ooqogarspear Leaderspear
Flags :
Level : 63 Value : 0 Weight: 4 lb 6 oz
Material: steel
Type : weapon, spear

<706/706hp 317/320m 475/475mv> wear leaderspear
You stop using a long titanium spear.
You wield an eog-tipped harpoon named "Jagged Ash".
An eog-tipped harpoon named "Jagged Ash" feels like a part of you!

Vomalice (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 11:41 AM

#6702, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

Well done. Yes, you were the perfect rager. Brave and ruthless. You didnt sit on your ass ever. I hated your impalement and boneshattering..*grin*. Got two cheap kills on you, one on water. The other when you were fleeing from some invoker. Other than that, you raped my falcon whenever we fought. Well done.

Tasharis (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 12:16 PM

#6701, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

Your interview was great. Really made me think, and was a really good test. Didn't get to know you as long as I would have wished, but I know you were a fantastic example of what a villager should be.

Lintronea (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 12:23 PM

#6700, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, I guess we had good times and bad times. Pretty hard for a bard that's lazy about being fully prepped all the time to face you one on one. But you taught me a lot about what I know in fighting giants. For what it's worth that last time we ganged you at the destructor I really didn't want your death, wish you had stayed out once you fled.

Now there is but one dancing partner in my life. May you know peace, you certainly gained my respect as an enemy. I have just about every minute of my life logged, I'll post a few fights when I finally am gone.

Swirzza (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 02:01 PM

#6699, "Well Ooq"
In response to Reply #1

What can I say? From the beginning, to the end, I had nothing but
respect for you man. Thank you for showing me that one place where
I've never been. I'd say "good luck on your next" but I know you
won't be needing it

DalentarThu 23-May-02 05:16 PM
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6696, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

I was actually planning out some lessons for you. We had an interesting relationship. Enjoyed our talks and when we were out hunting separately always enjoyed the conversation between us. Great character I liked Ooqogar a lot.

Ooqogar (Guest)Thu 23-May-02 06:21 PM

#6697, "Bah, knew I forgot someone"
In response to Reply #7

I held onto the manuscripts until today actually when the Warlocks took them. I enjoyed our interactions and for the most part avoided fighting in the Inn out of respect for you. Thanks for trying to teach me to read and write. It was a lot harder to RP that then I ever expected it to be.

Quoquar (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 07:06 PM

#6698, "Someone ? You forgot me !"
In response to Reply #8

No mention !
I got slapped around so many times, being mistaken for you.
We did have some nice interactions, Admired your charected.
I was amused to see a fire giant spear, staff spec.
Its hard with our kind of intelligence.
But we had a rockings time.
GREAT JOB !
once again !

luck in all that comes after

Quoquar waves goodbye, and turns back to all the young paladins, to go help them.

Siacla (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 05:36 AM

#6693, "Just curious.."
In response to Reply #1

Did you play him as a rager bent on honor or something? Either way, a solid character.

Very well done, I should add. I didn't expect you to get far when I saw you were a staff/spear spec. Just didn't seem like a logical choice.

Good luck on the next.

Ooqogar (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 04:28 PM

#6694, "RE: Just curious.."
In response to Reply #11

Not so much honor as a rager who was concerned with the whole war, not just individual battles. In the whole war, any time you end up with groups of ragers jumping someone, especially not a mage, to Ooqogar it distracted you from what he considered the real fight. In addition, in your case, I worked really hard to befriend Sylvans as you had some good potential support against the Warlocks we were fighting back then. You were always willing to raid with me (which unfortunately had a tendency to result in your death.) Tactically I needed windwalk to deal with gel at the Angel (which for some reason lagged me more than quicksand ever did - must have been a set of unknowing gearing choices.)

Me again (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 04:55 AM

#6695, "One more thing.."
In response to Reply #17

In the English language (I don't know if it's your primary language, but it seems like it is), there needs to be a U after every Q.

But, you were playing a fire giant, so that seems like a good enough exception.

Brindelbik (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 05:37 AM

#6691, "Excellent work"
In response to Reply #1

Most of the time, you faced terrible odds. I'd ask around my PK what everyone was doing, and 9 out of 10 would say they were hunting you. You definately turned the tables on more than a few of those over zealous rager haters. Anytime I would face you I made sure I had every prep imaginable. And still then, you'd tear me apart. Good work and good luck on your next.

Ooqogar (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 04:35 PM

#6692, "RE: Excellent work"
In response to Reply #12

For what its worth, I knew exactly what the odds were going to be when I rolled up the character. I knew that the hero range would be dominated by uncaballed and warlocks who put a lot of value in prep work, and I wanted the challenge. I think if I had realized how many invokers would be direct foes, I might have gone with a different race, but in the end I am glad I tried the challenge. You taught me a lot about fighting invokers with a fire giant warrior, which I used to great effect against a few Warlocks (read Nilomasan) and I think I taught you the reverse on occasion. Thanks again.

Kerikorlian (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 12:55 PM

#6688, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

You were impressive in your dedication. Quick question, I had you boneshattered and gushing, why did you bloodthirst? Either way, well done, and always a pleasure to fight you (though I never could quite spell your name ). Good luck in the next.

Boy Scout (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 01:08 PM

#6689, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #13

To ignore the boneshatter, haste, and give himself a chance to win. *shrug* Maybe just because he stayed to fight instead of running like hell from every battle. I'd wager it's a bit of both.

-Boy Scout

Ooqogar (Guest)Fri 24-May-02 04:23 PM

#6690, "Why stay and fight?"
In response to Reply #14

I don't recall the fight, although the above explanation sounds reasonable.

IntronanFri 24-May-02 01:57 PM
25 posts
#6687, "RE: (CON) Ooqogar the Enduring, Crimson-Stained Genera..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't want to make this long-winded, although I certainly could. I'll keep it simple... you were one of the best villagers I have ever seen. A bit suicidal, a bit overzealous... you were a throwback villager... but so much fun to interact with and watch. You'll be greatly missed... an incredible example to all other villagers. Fantastic job.

Dwoggurd (Guest)Sat 25-May-02 04:20 AM

#6686, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

I agree with Intronan, you were one of the
best villagers. Though some of your deaths
weren't necessary, we didn't expect a dumb
fire giant to be a tactical god .
The Spirit of Battle is far more important
and you were a very good example for what
villagers are supposed to be.

The day you killed me you were "advanced"
into the 3rd category of ragers ( those,
fighting whom the magister Yoda recommends
to use full preparations/haste. )
Your wrathing maces and specs ( impale + boneshatter )
didn't help me either.

Well done.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6678 Previous topic | Next topic