Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Atrinycyn Shadowlark the Legend of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66748
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-Feb-08 10:16 PM
Member since 17th May 2024
16855 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66748, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Atrinycyn Shadowlark the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Feb 27 21:13:55 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Atrinycyn perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:168

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Even though you dont like me, Andaayhn (Guest), 27-Feb-08 11:42 PM, #5
Reply RE: Even though you dont like me, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 12:30 AM, #6
Reply Understood, Andaayhn (Guest), 28-Feb-08 01:31 AM, #7
     Reply Alright man, makes sense. Good luck and enjoy! -nt-, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 10:16 AM, #12
Reply RE: Even though you dont like me, Isildur, 28-Feb-08 03:32 PM, #28
Reply Was fun, Malrokael (Guest), 27-Feb-08 10:58 PM, #2
Reply Forgot about you..., Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 27-Feb-08 11:21 PM, #4
Reply Quick goodbyes, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 27-Feb-08 10:42 PM, #1
     Reply Dirty Pig Hooker! I was going to give you some help so..., Kruuank (Guest), 27-Feb-08 11:06 PM, #3
     Reply Hmm..., Grecken (Guest), 28-Feb-08 03:21 AM, #8
     Reply I'm a bit surprised..., Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 10:55 AM, #15
     Reply The others, Grecken (Guest), 28-Feb-08 11:31 AM, #17
          Reply RE: The others, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 12:04 PM, #18
          Reply RE: The others, Kastellyn, 28-Feb-08 12:04 PM, #19
          Reply I'd like to chime in., Hiku (Guest), 28-Feb-08 12:38 PM, #21
     Reply I've played Nexus and Battle recently and I personally ..., Kruuank (Guest), 28-Feb-08 03:11 PM, #27
     Reply As Iltch.., Lhydia, 28-Feb-08 08:28 AM, #9
     Reply heh, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 10:42 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Quick goodbyes, Praeto (Guest), 28-Feb-08 09:04 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Quick goodbyes, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 10:45 AM, #14
     Reply Sorry to see you go., Dragrahl (Guest), 28-Feb-08 10:00 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Sorry to see you go., Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 11:08 AM, #16
     Reply Not Bad, Kastellyn, 28-Feb-08 12:33 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Not Bad, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 01:13 PM, #24
     Reply Bound to happend!, Ckol (Guest), 28-Feb-08 12:44 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Bound to happend!, Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 01:10 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Quick goodbyes, Fjarn (Guest), 28-Feb-08 01:25 PM, #25
          Reply No hard feelings.., Grysh - Icthaen (Guest), 28-Feb-08 01:50 PM, #26

Andaayhn (Guest)Wed 27-Feb-08 11:42 PM

#66753, "Even though you dont like me"
In response to Reply #0

There seems to be one thing harder than a dagger spec with striking. And that is a dagger spec with striking and gossomer wings. Ok, I lied. One with imperial training!

The likely hood I can bash before you get a dagger move off was somewhat there. The likely chance I could remain bashing through observations was hard. It happened a few times. Not that many. It was brutal. I just really didnt have many answers after I designed an outfit of full dex. So even with all your dagger moves off I had my max dex but still was evaded etc.

Even just observing your fights against Igbah now I can see how you showed very well against him. You were tough in that aspect. The matchup just wasnt that good .

So props for that. I couldnt really find a spark of interest to rp with Atrinycyn as I could with someone like Ckol. Perhaps it was due to the 'throwaway' aspect you had going. It was impossible to know whether you were going to come out with respect or remain the same. It made fighting you not overly appealing. But that is how it goes sometimes.

Perhaps we can have solid enemies in the future!

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 12:30 AM

#66755, "RE: Even though you dont like me"
In response to Reply #5

I was quite willing to RP with you, but your responses didn't seem very logical. Add to that the fact that you whined about losing your things (not that I've never done it before either, but we can agree that's it's lame), sacced stuff in our face when we gave you gear that wasn't yours just to be stubborn, and then the fact that you tried to multi-kill me over and over again with other nexuns in the same session and well...I have nothing more to say to you IC. I really don't mind you trying to gang me down over and over nor you looting me etc...but just don't expect me to be inspired to want to roleplay with you after that.

Not to be a douche, but everyone else in the cabal seemed to agree with me...even to the point that when you were logged in without Praeto or seen without Praeto Villagers would CB 'Wow I just saw Andaayhn without Praeto, this is a first'. So yeah, that's my $0.02. I do realize that nexus powers are focused to encourage this (another reason nexus is just not my cup of tea). The disappointing part is that you were a beast, and with a small bit of prepping I think you could've taken me solo, though I agree striking is annoying for your combo (I think Kostyan probably killed me 10 times and more times than that with Philisrhynga) But again, with all the complaints of my combo, I think I killed you twice? And you killed me probably a dozen times. Igbah killed me 5 times I think and I never came that close to killing him . When my PBF is published you will see how pathetic my PK ratio is. Anyway I don't want to start a flame-fest about this so I will leave it at that.

Cheers and gl with being a Cabal Leader, I hope you do good things with it.

Andaayhn (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 01:31 AM

#66758, "Understood"
In response to Reply #6

I dont want it to appear that I was trying to gun you over and over to be a douche. After our first fights I tried to change up and gear dex and thus fighting you a lot let me see if it made much of a difference. I was behind the motion to not full loot you as other people wanted. As for sacrificing gear that wasnt mine. Its not that i'm stubborn. Its the fact that I really dont want pieces that have no part in what I want to be designed to do. I'd rather the empty spot so when I do a quick glance I know what I need to hunt for. Andaayhn doesnt know how to portray his response to you. He even asked zesam how he could reflect his beliefs and meaning to a way a villager could understand. It never happened, however. Thanks for keeping me on my toes though.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 10:16 AM

#66771, "Alright man, makes sense. Good luck and enjoy! -nt-"
In response to Reply #7

nt

IsildurThu 28-Feb-08 03:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66801, "RE: Even though you dont like me"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah. I recall that even Hunsobo in his heyday had a tough time against Queliryon. (To the degree that he died once.)

Malrokael (Guest)Wed 27-Feb-08 10:58 PM

#66750, "Was fun"
In response to Reply #0

Always had fun fighting you, and disappointed to see you gone. Good luck with your next!

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Wed 27-Feb-08 11:21 PM

#66752, "Forgot about you..."
In response to Reply #2

I think you were the only nexun that Atrinycyn didn't hate. He just sort of felt bad that you were with them, because you showed a ton of heart and always kept your head up regardless of taking some tough wallops. You were always the first target of any fight because of how dangerous a bard can be.

Keep on keeping on and good job.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Wed 27-Feb-08 10:42 PM

#66749, "Quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

This was probably one of my first true 'throwaway' characters that I didn't take seriously in the RP department and just wanted to do some PK in between all the serious stuff in life. But he failed miserably in PK as well lol. But anyway, I had a couple fun moments, specifically a cool sequence fighting Igbah and an assassin. Anyway, the rites are always fun, although I could feel the village kind of go sour with the choice of a lvl 31 duergar as Drillmaster who had been part of the Village for a week (I could be wrong but that's what it seemed from our perspective) when we were all getting our asses kicked and hanging in there in a disgusting hero range for a lot longer.

So yeah, that left a bad taste in all our mouths (me, Xarto, Lalvyal, and likey Ckol). Fjarn you seem like good people so enjoy your Commandership. I remember chilling with you as Philisrhynga and I got a kick out of seeing you still logging in from time to time. Too bad you can't play more.

Enemies: A lot of strong heroes right now that I could do nothing against... Kostyan, Igbah, Eoria etc.. just meant insta-death for me. So good jobs on all that. A lot of people gave me great fights, and I thank you for that.

I got pretty embittered against Nexus for a while and a dirty looting/ganging sequence ensued (I definitely did more looting with this character than all my previous characters combined), but hey that's par for the course I guess. I'm still just not comfortable with the whole nexus cabal, it just doesn't seem to have its place etched out in the game yet, but I think as they get some 'legendary' leaders who will make their role in Thera more prevalent and clear, the cabal will be just fine.

Special shout out to Xarto who stuck through some disgusting deaths and non-stop gangs and is still kicking it. Sometimes when you roll a villager you basically just have no chance from the start depending on your range unless you are a fair-weather player (which unfortunately I'm not). Oh and Lalvyal you were one serious elf, but you definitely had me laughing when you would rip on pretty much all the other villagers. Made me wonder if you were making fun of me behind my back .

Anyway my next character (despite always saying this is my last I always roll up another) will definitely be more serious with a specific goal. So hopefully that will be funner.

Until then, Cheers and Ciao

Kruuank (Guest)Wed 27-Feb-08 11:06 PM

#66751, "Dirty Pig Hooker! I was going to give you some help so..."
In response to Reply #1

Roll another villager so we can rock out with our cock out?

Grecken (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 03:21 AM

#66762, "Hmm..."
In response to Reply #1

You ganged me more than any other villager I've ever seen, granted a lot of it was just lack of communication and a little bit of autoassist. There's a particular fight on the mountain that sticks out in my mind. I can't count the number of times I would be chasing you when you were writhing and some other villager would intercept me. Lalvyal had such a special talent for that sometimes I thought you two coordinated it. After the fifth time that happened in a single log in (not all associated with you), I just gave up trying to fight solo. Nothing more annoying than to watch your foes run away.

But my first impression of you was when you looted Andaayhn and sacrificed his clothes, which isn't a big deal, better to do that so we can get them back than give them to Tahren so we have to wait for a crash/reboot. But the second time you did that, it kinda pissed Grecken off. So that kinda tainted any future relations. I just thought your character was supposed to be an ass so I didn't really think that much of it from an OOC perspective. The accusations of permagroups got old as well. I hear that crap and I think the person is just looking for an excuse to blame their losing on. Maybe that's not how you mean it, but that's what I think of when I hear it. Andaayhn bonds with me more than twice the time he bonds with Praeto, and I'm alone and unbonded more than twice the time I am bonded.

As to your perception of the Nexus, I think it's your own personal inability to see it's role that makes you think that it has no place. Maybe you shouldn't play so many villagers and try out a Nexun?

I forgot to log that one fight at the village where you almost got me cause I comitted to bad tactics. And there for a while you had uncanny luck to be in or entering the Island as I woke up. You shoulda let Fjarn kill me that time outside Galadon. He had me permalagged and then you cranialed me to steal his kill.

During one of our fights I was so laggy I had my treant rescue me right after a dirt kick and I sat there for four rounds waiting on my command to go in so I just ran inside and waited for the advantage to come to me. I felt kinda bad for that since I don't like sitting behind the Guardian, but my other option was to quaff a potion and drop link which looks worse.

All in all I liked fighting you. Especially when you got the hang of fighting a druid and I had to think of other things than spam sunray. You should've been able to rock my world with your build in an unprepared fight, and you did on occasion when I forgot to remove a certain trinket. Maybe a few more fights and you woulda had it down perfect.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 10:55 AM

#66778, "I'm a bit surprised..."
In response to Reply #8

I guess I have a different concept of 'ganging' than you guys do. I remember the first time we met on Calaendryl when you called the hunt on our group ranking. In my mind if you come with the hunt on a group ranking, you should expect to be fighting all of us and not just the weakest link you're hoping to pick off. That's just my opinion. I'm a defender and had nothing to do with honor. I always tried to warn people that if I was helping villagers rank up and others tried to interfere, I was going to kill them and continue helping the village get stronger. Anyway that's how I played Atrinycyn, i was consistent with that so I'll just leave it there.

As for the last fight with Fjarn; it was Me, Fjarn, against you and Andaayhn as i recall. Andaayhn decided to quaff a return in the middle of the fight, so that's his problem. I don't see that as ganging when your partner bails on you and you die. Deal with it. Any other instances of ganging I'm interested in, because I guess I have just chosen to forget about them. If other villagers struck you after we had fought, that's not my fault because I don't recall ever cb'ing for help in fights with you or even annoncing that I was fighting you so people wouldn't come bother us. I recall other instances where someone tries to ambush us ranking and we fought them off as a group, but I think that's it. Everything else I thought were raids or defenses, but again I must be wrong. I don't remember them but I guess they must be there since you seem like a stand-up dude (no sarcasm).

Now, the only time I ever recall sacrificing gear was Praeto's like 4 things I looted from him which were magical. I never sacced Andayyhn' stuff just for the sake of it, I either gave it to Tahren or used it myself (because he always had sweet gear). You probably weren't around when I returned him anything I didn't use or wouldn't strengthen the veil. But I guess you're not very interested in the truth.

Lastly, when did I say anyone perma-grouped? I just said that Andaayhn and Praeto were always together (and for a good while it would be me against them over and over late at night and yes, it got frustrating) But I never said that that's a perma-group, it's just damn annoying :p . I never accused you of anything, I did complain that I wished I could fight you alone, but that's IC dude, take it easy. I was just trying to entice you into a situation where I had a chance of winning .

Overall, I think Grecken was very solid and a pain once you guys had the opium pipe and you could spore me to your hearts content. Very nice job on those kills and I'm sure you're going to be one of those great nexus leaders to really give them an identity.

I just get taken aback when you say I was the biggest village 'ganger' you've ever seen, because as you say Ive played a lot of villagers and well...just wow at that comment.

Too bad you think that way, but I guess we can't all be happy.

Gl and stuff.

Grecken (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 11:31 AM

#66783, "The others"
In response to Reply #15

You misread some things. I was afraid of that, but that's what happens when you write crap when you've been up for two days due to insomnia.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Bapkruk tried to assassinate me right after I'd send someone running and start to chase them more times than another villager intercepted me from chasing you down. So the biggest ganger comment probably was undeserved so I take it back.

But since you're intersted, I'll just say it anyways.

Druid fights can be summed up as maledict, flee, heal, offensive prayers, flee, heal, chase, chase, chase, sunray, chase, chase, telluric surge. So I percieve a fight to be over when the blood cools and you can go into the guild. Most the villagers consider a fight to be over when the flee command is entered.

I got logs, I'll post them when I die, but I'll summarize now. For days on end I'd attack people, like you, and when you get to writhing or convulsing and run off, I'd have to chase you. You were especially fast, the fastest runner out of everyone I know. With your link being faster than mine, I had a zero chance of chasing you, so my only method was to head you off, which didn't work because you'd always double back. But when I just followed you, it was like hacking through a swarm of flies. I'd fight you, Lalvyal, Hikihuiel, Lalvyal again, then finally get back to you, sometimes without even a break in the running to rest for mana. I got a log of something similiar to that too followed by Lalvyal complaining a bunch.

Only one instance was your fault, the rest were due to "lack of communication". Maybe it's my age, but my last Villager was a long long time ago (his name is on the pillar incendentaly) and defenders were held to the same standards as everyone else. And if someone jumped another villager while you were grouped and they were alone and you autoassisted and did anything other than flee, the Dillmaster was supposed to trounce you for it. That's obviously a difference in perspective between then and now. Now it's seen as you attacked us and you knew what was coming.

I didn't say you ganged me outside of galadon, I said you stole Fjarn's kill He had it locked up and only by extreme luck would my one flee command work.

All in all I liked you, especially when I logged in to see you trying to raid solo. You must've been bored.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 12:04 PM

#66785, "RE: The others"
In response to Reply #17

Sounds like you had some back luck hunting me, because I remember when I just got into hero range and there was a full moon, it was basically see you on the road and make a bee-line for somewhere I could kill the hunt safely or else I was dead in a couple rounds. Add to that I was usually wanted and it made the east road a pretty fun-filled gauntlet of S&M pleasures.

As far as the honor thing, those are two different points of views. Guess we can leave it at that. I don't have a villager on the pillar, so I differ to you I suppose .

Enjoy yourself in the fields.

Grysh

KastellynThu 28-Feb-08 12:04 PM
864 posts
#66786, "RE: The others"
In response to Reply #17

Maybe it's my age, but my last Villager was a long long time ago (his name is on the pillar incendentaly) and defenders were held to the same standards as everyone else. And if someone jumped another villager while you were grouped and they were alone and you autoassisted and did anything other than flee, the Dillmaster was supposed to trounce you for it. That's obviously a difference in perspective between then and now. Now it's seen as you attacked us and you knew what was coming.

For the most part, the decision to gank is left up to the individual Scouts or Defenders. Berserkers are held to a higher (call it "traditional") standard. Note that different Imms, Drillmasters and Commanders can have different interpretations of what the above means, so your experience might have been colored by the individual(s) you were dealing with.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Hiku (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 12:38 PM

#66791, "I'd like to chime in."
In response to Reply #17

A lot of those times where it was multiple Villagers (always defenders and scouts, at that) bouncing off of you, we were always alone that I know of. Add on the fact that Atrin and I were typically wanted and those fights usually occurred somewhere in or around Galadon, it was 2-3 Villagers against 2-3 Nexuns (you, Praeto, Iltch, and Andy), 2 Tribs (Geran always around), 2 shapeshifters (Euroa and his accomplice), and a random Scion lurking around (Igbah, Shenkov, Masha, Chrichuk in the earlier parts, Ramora, so on). We never made plans over the cb on whittling away at you or anyone else in tag-team fashion. In fact, our coordination was so terrible at times that I'm sure we looked ridiculous defending against you guys raiding.

I thought it was a blast. Tough, but extremely fun pinball action. And really, if you realized how decimating spores and thorns could be at times, you could have sealed several kills by pursuing us more.

I'm sure four dagger specs were a nuisance (me, Atrin, Ckol, and Lalvyal), but the odds were pretty much always in your favor. Just my perspective.

Good times.

Hiku

Kruuank (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 03:11 PM

#66800, "I've played Nexus and Battle recently and I personally ..."
In response to Reply #8

But that's just me.

And PS, I would definitely say from my experience that the "appearance" of a perma group in Nexus is a lot more tangible than the "appearance" of a Russian perma in Empire (or whatever cabal they are playing these days). Take that for what it is worth.

LhydiaThu 28-Feb-08 08:28 AM
2382 posts
#66763, "As Iltch.."
In response to Reply #1

That last fight we had was great. I was going to remove all drop all in MS of Galadon and saw you were ready for me off Eastern on the river, so just said why not and went for it. I'm sure that was frustrating for you, but man that was fun. Then that storm giant Gorax showed up to bail you out..well, cranial me, after you had me gushing, I was really surprised I got you both knocked out and bound up, then finished the job on you. Just a cool fight and high note for me to go out on, deleted right after. You should play a Nexun if you want to figure out the cabal, I had no idea what I was getting into, but after leading it for a bit caught on to what it's about, and it's not just ganking.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 10:42 AM

#66775, "heh"
In response to Reply #9

I remember that very early on in Atrin's life. Geez that was an embarassing death. I think I missed like a bunch of arteries and stabs at the end and I was cursing at my little laptop .

Anyway nice job on that.

Praeto (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 09:04 AM

#66764, "RE: Quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Aside from the looting war that ensued with you I have to say this.

We fought a bunch of times 1 on 1 by the village and Island and neither of us died in those fights. You were without a doubt one of the hardest villagers for me to fight one on one. You probably caused me to flee/word in almost all of those fights. Very impressed the fighting mages aspect of that char, which you did really good at, unfortunatly for your con a lot of your enemies are warriors too and that probably lead to your downfall. A very well played charachter who I enjoyed fighting. Good luck with your next in the fields. If you think Nexus needs a Legendary Char, Step up to the plate and try to make it, one that gives SCARY PK with insanely good rp and a very good nexus Philosophy. Looking forward to facing/playing with one of your chars again

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 10:45 AM

#66776, "RE: Quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #10

After getting literally soul-owned by Llorenz with Philis (She would literally kill me without getting a scratch) I was surprised that I could somewhat stand my own against you. I imagine it was because I geared a bit better with this guy, and my high int/wis probably helps against certain spells of yours. Anyway, we had some good fights, and I don't OOC resent you for always being bonded, That's what you're supposed to do. But for a while it was just maddening always having you pop out of duo to neuro us :p.

Good luck with everything.

Dragrahl (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 10:00 AM

#66770, "Sorry to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

You definitely were not afraid to mix it up, no matter what the odds. IC, I envied that in you, but also thought your tactics were a bit foolish - of course, I'm a hiding class, so I think differently. I also thank you for trying to get me my last few titles even though you were so close to death.

OOC - I think you did the best you could against horrible odds most of the time. Every time I log in I see 10-15 foes, and max 1-2 allies, so I figure you have to have the same.

Makes for exciting times... and a bit of frustruation.

GLLWYN.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 11:08 AM

#66779, "RE: Sorry to see you go."
In response to Reply #11

Yeah you're combo is just painful right now (elf paladin fest, sunray druids etc..) so I was happy to try and give you a hand ranking even if we kept getting bothered. Anyway gl with Drag and keep your head up!

KastellynThu 28-Feb-08 12:33 PM
864 posts
#66790, "Not Bad"
In response to Reply #1

To be honest, I didn't really notice Atrinycyn until the Rites... That probably has more to do with our playing times than anything else, but the "throwaway" aspect of the character might have come into play as well. Dunno.

Anyway, I thought you had a very interesting build. I watched that sequence of events with Igbah and the assassin and was very surprised at how well you did. I was even more impressed with your tenacity and willingness to pursue him into the Chasm. So good job!

Best of luck with your next, man, look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 01:13 PM

#66796, "RE: Not Bad"
In response to Reply #20

Yeah I don't think Atrinycyn stuck out in any specific way. Such was the throwaway aspect of it. Regardless, thanks again for the rites, and thank you Yean specifically for making them fun as always.

I remember my first rites with Liurnya when Iborenn won (Acaga missed them sadly), then my second were with...hmm...a human something when a svirf won and now with Atrin I am lucky enough to experience it again. Always a blast due to all of your hard work. Thanks for that.

Ckol (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 12:44 PM

#66792, "Bound to happend!"
In response to Reply #1

With all those deahts thrown around you, it was bound to happend. But I was quite certain that it would be me that would face that death first. Guess I cought some luck for a change... Hah!

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 01:10 PM

#66795, "RE: Bound to happend!"
In response to Reply #22

Hehe you outlasted me you bastard. I was hoping you would get Commander or Drillmaster, only becuase you and Xarto were really the ones sticking it out with me in the hard times. But I guess none of us really have any con left to hang around anyway so it's probably for the best anyway. You were fun to run around with, and were basically just a better version of me .

Good job and hopefully I don't see you around here anytime soon. Hang in there!

Fjarn (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 01:25 PM

#66797, "RE: Quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed Atrinycyn's company, even if I still probably can't spell the name right As for the below...

>Anyway, the rites are always fun,
>although I could feel the village kind of go sour with the
>choice of a lvl 31 duergar as Drillmaster who had been part of
>the Village for a week (I could be wrong but that's what it
>seemed from our perspective) when we were all getting our
>asses kicked and hanging in there in a disgusting hero range
>for a lot longer.

When the Rites started, I had already considered who would be my drillmaster IF Fjarn were to get commander, and for IC reasons that I won't touch here. It is surprisingly difficult to make that choice, for what it's worth. I just wanted to acknowledge that if I as a player were in your shoes, I'd probably be bitter too, and I hope that didn't darken your enjoyment there toward the end.

Grysh - Icthaen (Guest)Thu 28-Feb-08 01:50 PM

#66798, "No hard feelings.."
In response to Reply #25

I know you have your reasons, but as you said from our POV it sucked. Regardless, I'm on the Fjarn bandwagon till the end and I look forward to seeing how you do with it. I know you'll be great.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66748 Previous topic | Next topic