Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arcane ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66359
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Feb-08 01:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66359, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arcane Addictions, Drillmaster of Battle"

Tue Feb 12 12:20:24 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Cezar perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:407

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nice role, Dave, 14-Feb-08 01:51 PM, #22
Reply RE: Nice role, Cezar (Guest), 15-Feb-08 10:13 AM, #23
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..., Cezar (Guest), 12-Feb-08 02:27 PM, #1
     Reply Good char., Twist, 12-Feb-08 02:45 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Good char., Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:16 PM, #17
          Reply Entwine, Twist, 14-Feb-08 09:40 AM, #18
               Reply RE: Entwine, Cezar (Guest), 14-Feb-08 10:16 AM, #19
     Reply Ah....nuts., Fjarn (Guest), 12-Feb-08 02:53 PM, #3
     Reply Another one bites the dust..., Dragrahl (Guest), 12-Feb-08 03:16 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Another one bites the dust..., Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:11 PM, #14
     Reply Cool Character, Kastellyn, 12-Feb-08 04:57 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Cool Character, Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:08 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..., Aubrei (Guest), 12-Feb-08 05:54 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..., Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:14 PM, #16
     Reply Always a good fight, Mek (Guest), 12-Feb-08 07:07 PM, #7
     Reply I was really hoping..., Ckol (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:50 AM, #8
     Reply RE: I was really hoping..., Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:11 PM, #15
     Reply Crap., Grecken (Guest), 13-Feb-08 08:14 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Crap., Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 03:59 PM, #11
     Reply 'nother soddin budgie off tha perch!, Ysaloerye, 13-Feb-08 09:47 AM, #10
     Reply RE: 'nother soddin budgie off tha perch!, Cezar (Guest), 13-Feb-08 04:02 PM, #12
     Reply Gonna Miss This One, Yean, 14-Feb-08 11:15 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Gonna Miss This One, Cezar (Guest), 15-Feb-08 10:17 AM, #25
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..., Chirikaw (Guest), 14-Feb-08 11:22 AM, #21
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..., Cezar (Guest), 15-Feb-08 10:15 AM, #24
     Reply You forgot, Narissa, 27-Feb-08 07:23 AM, #26

DaveThu 14-Feb-08 01:51 PM
Member since 15th Aug 2007
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66450, "Nice role"
In response to Reply #0

Just read your role and it was a nice read, I think a little bit got cut off on a couple of chapters though.

Cezar (Guest)Fri 15-Feb-08 10:13 AM

#66464, "RE: Nice role"
In response to Reply #22

Thanks- I think it got a little fuzzy at the end, but, appreciate the compliment.

Cezar (Guest)Tue 12-Feb-08 02:27 PM

#66361, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, that is that. This was a very fun character. He wasn't quite a killing machine, but, I still enjoyed most of the minutes I spent playing him. I still thought I fought pretty competantly most of the time. Alot of this character was experimental, some of it for the better, some for worse. I tried some new and different things with his role, and the style of the role. I know it wasn't superb, but, I think it helped me learn alot about that process. I really did like the role concept for him and hope I did a good job rp'ing with him as another char or imm would see it.

I mentioned being experimental and his build was exactly that. First of all, this was my first real go at a dagger spec. I really liked it. As I saw it, you have to get into a rhythym with daggers, which can be tough because you have alot of skills to execute and they don't always hit. You also have o be on your toes to be effective, this always made fighting pretty intense for me. Flee, engage etc... The legacies I chose made things almost too complicated at times though. Whips with balance, and then exotics with hour past midnight gave me so many options to choose from that I am certain at times blinded me from the correct tactic. I thought exotics was cool, but, I didn't see much value in a pk situation except with batter. They were great fighting mobs though. I also should have played around with wallop more. I'm not sure if it does or doesn't hve the same lagging effect as batter. If it does, it would have been useful if I trained it up. I noticed that hours only fires with the main hand. All in all, it was hard to tell what is the better way to go.

I ran out of time at the end with work to play alot, so it was a good thing that he was close to con dying. Work has me very busy traveling, and will even be out of the country on business for 3 weeks at the end of the month. So this is for the best.

The battle cabal is great. The parity rules can be a pain in the ass sometimes because people start crying at the slightest infraction while your constantly getting ganged down. I tried to stay in the rules as much as possible. But, on the flip side. This is a character who revels in murdering wizards. If he sees one he wants to kill it. The parity fit in with the pride sphere, because he wants to take pride in the kill and do it himself. But, he is still evil and motivated by killing wizards. Maybe as a good aligned character, like an elf, I could justify going the extra mile where mobs and parity are concerned. But, not with him. Mobs are mindless progs and can't execute strategy or tactics; they are also simple to escape from. Cezar just wasn't going to give an opportunity to escape because you were fighting a mob. Agree with me or not, thats how I felt.

On the the goodbyes. Cezar lived past most of the characters he was close to, and I posted goodbyes on their threads, but, here we go.

Imms:

Kastellyn: You're the man. I have nothing but praise and accolades for you and the work you do. Thank you very much for the tat. I hope I wore it well. Visiting your shrine was definately some of the best times I had with this character.

Ysal: You are a great imm and great for battle. Thanks for the cool title. Very clever. I had to look up "fleam" in the dictionary. I was glad I did because I lost count on how many people asked what it meant. The interactions were great, I was glad you put a task to Cezar. I hope I did well in completing it.

Yean: It's good to see you progressing in the imm status. You are also fantastic fo the village. I grateful for the time you spent counseling Cezar and for the email per his role. I apologize for not making any more role additions. I simply just lost the creative spark for him at the end, but, your advice will help on the next try.

Twist: As I said on Yevandr's thread. I was kicking myself for not taking more of an advantage to rp that time you vis'd when we took down Sousidan. It was also fun to interact with you as Aldonius. I thought he was stand up and we had some great fights.

Battle:

There are a bunch of villagers I hardly know now. Sorry to you applicants I didn't get to see and induct. Good luck to all on the rites. For those I did induct I hope you enjoyed the process.

Yevandr: I said most on your thread, but, I just want to reiterate. Thanks for the shot at Drillmaster, you definately kicked ass and I really enjoyed time spent around you.

Fjarn: Going for rites number 3? Heh, that's got to be a record. You're awesome. We didn't spend too much time around each other. But, the time spent was good. Keep up the good work, Veteran.

Scion:

Shenkov: I respected you and your willingness to fight. We had some good goes at it. Good luck transforming.

Iggy: Yeah, you were tough. Flurry = wince. You've got a pretty nasty set of gear. Keep it up.

Nexuns:

Iltch: Man, your name cracked me up because everytime I would look at it I would think about how your character was just like an Itch I couldn't scratch that was driving me crazy. Lots of respect for you. I don't post on Dio's, but, tried to register to throw that log up you requested. Unfortunately, I never recieved the email with my password etc... I might post it here later.

Grecken: You came up quickly. Everything I saw was stand up from your character. Although, I was a bit disappointed you didn't come fight me last time I was in the island. Keep it up.

Empire:

Eoria: A very tough bard. You have my respect. Thanks for not making it a pain to fight you. I was with Yevandr on the fact that fighting the empire was a waste of battle time and resources. However, because of the pride sphere thing and pride in the village I wasn't going to approach the issue. Besides, it seemed to me like it would have been a mute point with you.

Kostyan: Man... You're a ####in' maniac. You pretty much had my number every time we fought. Very nice work. You also had my respect. Although, I did hate it when you would take my dragon hides. Without those I was toast against invokers. I think I had 5 dragon hides over the life of the char and you took 3. *grumble* Anyway nice work.

I think that's it. If I'm forgettig some people please don't be upset and toss a post up. I'd love to hear comments from people on this character. 407 hours is a long time, especially I think for a battle character. If anyone wants they can toss me an email too.
tjhuron@live.com

See you around!

TwistTue 12-Feb-08 02:45 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#66363, "Good char."
In response to Reply #1

Nice work. Was fun fighting you as Aldonius. Damn entwine.

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:16 PM

#66423, "RE: Good char."
In response to Reply #2

Im pretty sure entwine hurt me as much as it helped. There were times we'd battle and the fight would start off going my way. I'd entwine you and you'd start kicking my ass for two rounds before I could wield a second weapon. I learned not to entwine prematurely mostly from a few fights with you.

TwistThu 14-Feb-08 09:40 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#66443, "Entwine"
In response to Reply #17

Well, speaking specifically of raids by Team Battle against Team Nexus, entwine sucked.

1. I failed to entwine Harol/you/others at the inners roughly 10 times in a row.

2. I walk out to try to pull/drive one of you into the inners (or get driven out by Harol) and your first entwine zaps me (aaaannnd...we're f*cked).

3. I try to avoid the dash n vit aldo, drive s trap by bouncing around the Island, trying to fight one of you at a time, and your first entwine zaps me. Then Team Battle arrives. Aaaannnd...we're f*cked.

So my comment wasn't exactly that entwine made you uberkickmyass, just entwine was my nemesis during those raids, it seemed.

I've got a few logs of you, I'll try to post them one of these days.

Cezar (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-08 10:16 AM

#66444, "RE: Entwine"
In response to Reply #18

Yeah, I got it. I suppose I didn't really think it allowed me to kick your ass because as I said I don't think entwine ever did well for me in a one on one situation vs you. I think I did wrap you up once or twice in the island, and don't remember you ever landing it, which does suck in your position. Entwine at the transfigurer would be pretty much be certain death. *shiver*

I haven't even started to look through logs, but, hopefully I will and post some soon.

Fjarn (Guest)Tue 12-Feb-08 02:53 PM

#66364, "Ah....nuts."
In response to Reply #1

Well, I was hoping you'd be able to stick around, but I had a feeling you might be close. I liked Cezar - he was a good compliment to Fjarn's style. Come on back when you've got time again.

Dragrahl (Guest)Tue 12-Feb-08 03:16 PM

#66367, "Another one bites the dust..."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't get a whole lot of time to work with you and Yevandr since I was a lowbie when you two were rocking the hero range, but I did try to move up the ladder quickly to be able to work with you guys a bit more.

Unfortunately, there was quite a period where there was noone to rank up with, and I never did get to work with you much.

A shame, but if you come back to the village with your next, I'm sure I'll still be around.

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:11 PM

#66420, "RE: Another one bites the dust..."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, wish we could have more. It's tought to get to know characters that are out of your pk range. I also know exactly the pain of being stuck at a rank. It can drive you crazy. Anyway, I liked your character alot. Keep it up, and hopefully we will get more interaction in the future.

KastellynTue 12-Feb-08 04:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#66376, "Cool Character"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Cezar; I thought you had interesting spec and legacy choices, a really interesting role, and the RP to back it up. Everytime I watched you, you were kicking someone's ass, so you had the skills to back it up as well. I thought your understanding of the "religion" was pretty solid; not the best follower ever, but you definitely worked your entire life towards becoming a Legend of Thera, which is a very important aspect.

I also thought you did a great job as Drillmaster, and filled the position very well.

I hope work lets up enough for you to bring us another quality character like Cezar!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:08 PM

#66419, "RE: Cool Character"
In response to Reply #5

Yes, the Legend of Thera is an interesting path to take. It definately takes work. The way I saw it was that people become famous for all sorts of different things and some use it for good, others bad. A lot like celebrities in America. That was why I was trying to take the avenue of using his fame to promote a drink for the inn with Lauriel. Celebrities use their fame to endorse products. It just didn't work out exactly the way I envision it with Lauriels rp directional change. Although, she still did an excellent job on the promotion she sent.

Aubrei (Guest)Tue 12-Feb-08 05:54 PM

#66381, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..."
In response to Reply #1

Damn you for dying but never to me, I never got the chance to chase after you spamming c 'pillar;!;!;!;!;!

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:14 PM

#66422, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..."
In response to Reply #6

Lightning sucked. I had a tough time with invokers nd could never seem to hang on to a dragon hide for long. But, the pillars weren't so bad compared to the lightning shield. Whenever the shield triggered I was done for. Way more damage taken then the pillar. You would have had fun fighting me I am sure. But, I wouldn't have made it easy!

Mek (Guest)Tue 12-Feb-08 07:07 PM

#66386, "Always a good fight"
In response to Reply #1

I knew it was going to be a tough fight every time with you, and I was certainly wary of your spec skills.

Ckol (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:50 AM

#66405, "I was really hoping..."
In response to Reply #1

to get some more interaction with you. Basicly only had some when you interviewed me and inducted me. Should have lvled up faster so that I could been around you more. Enjoyed that induction immensily though!

I hope I get to interact more with you next char!

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:11 PM

#66421, "RE: I was really hoping..."
In response to Reply #8

I'm glad you liked the induction. I thought you were a solid villager and definately deserving of a hut. Keep it up.

Grecken (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 08:14 AM

#66406, "Crap."
In response to Reply #1

Man. I wanted another shot at the title. Yeah, I was dissapointed you ran off . I had 200 mana when you came in, and after you sliced me up, I had 80. A druid can't fight with 80 mana! So you let me heal. I had zero herbs and without herbs I had a 0 chance of winning. To fight a dagger spec I have to have at least one set of protective herbs, I prefer three, but without some offensive herbs, I can't beat rager resist. I sooo wanted to fight you though because I knew you'd play in the desert where I'm the strongest. Then the scions came and ruined my 30 minutes of preparation (That's how long it takes to get a druid going). Oh well. I enjoyed all our fights. You were the only villager that I truly respected. Never talked a lot of crap. Not knowing much about what you did on the inside, I'd say from the outside I hope to see you on the pillar.

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 03:59 PM

#66417, "RE: Crap."
In response to Reply #9

Heh. Sounds like a bit of work. I had no idea and since you took off I just went looking for someone else. I don't know much about druids having never played one. I just know that full moon = bad, which it was when I was raiding. I didn't care though, I wanted to fight! Wish we would have gotten a chance to tangle one on one. It would have been fun. Thanks for the compliments. Keep up the good work.

YsaloeryeWed 13-Feb-08 09:47 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#66409, "'nother soddin budgie off tha perch!"
In response to Reply #1

Nicely done. I think you did a solid job as drillmaster always trying to push the rabble to excel. Having just played an arial/dagger I appreciated some of your fights, though was bummed we never actually got go throw down!
Glad you liked the title, I knew it would probably be one of those that people would go "WFT does that mean??" then look it up to find it means "Bloodletter of Arcane Addictions" and go "OOOOOOOH cool!" Once people read your role I hope they understand more, but the main point was to give you something that you would go OOOOOOH over. You certainly deserved it.

Hope your travel calms a bit and we have you back in the village soon.

Cezar (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 04:02 PM

#66418, "RE: 'nother soddin budgie off tha perch!"
In response to Reply #10

As far as the title went. That was exactly how it was perceived by myself and as far as I can tell, others. It certainly would have been fun to go toe to toe with Pessawkt, and even interact a little. I loved trying to convince forties I wasn't such an evil dude (even though deep down he was. He just didn't exactly see himself that way). I think you were at the end of her life just as I reached the hero ranks.

YeanThu 14-Feb-08 11:15 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#66446, "Gonna Miss This One"
In response to Reply #1

I watched Cezar quite a bit and I really liked this char. Thought he was a solid Drillmaster, and I liked how he went around doing his thing quietly and many times, alone. Two thumbs up for sticking it out like you did, and fantastic job! Luck with work and real life, and it'd be great to have you back in Battle in another form again for sure.

Cezar (Guest)Fri 15-Feb-08 10:17 AM

#66466, "RE: Gonna Miss This One"
In response to Reply #20

Thanks- hoping I can soon. Damn those bills, I have far more ideas to try than time to try them!

Chirikaw (Guest)Thu 14-Feb-08 11:22 AM

#66447, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..."
In response to Reply #1

I loved fighting this guy, even though it went badly for me far
more often than it went well..
Good luck with the next man.

Cezar (Guest)Fri 15-Feb-08 10:15 AM

#66465, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Cezar Whitetip the Fleam of Arc..."
In response to Reply #21

Heh, thanks. I don't remember it gouing my way all the time though. You were dangerous in my eyes.

NarissaWed 27-Feb-08 07:23 AM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#66737, "You forgot"
In response to Reply #1

Your friendly druid Kiraan.

Had a blast battling you. Too bad we never got to talk just before I deleted. Work and family life was catching up on me. Especially work, been clocking like 55 hours per week since I've deleted Kiraan.

We had a couple of nice cool fights which I have kept. If only I have time to dig them out.

Take care, dude. Nice char.

Kiraan

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66359 Previous topic | Next topic