Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetuous ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66192
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 07-Feb-08 05:32 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66192, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetuous Bastard of the Maw, Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Thu Feb 7 16:30:16 2008

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Werzidian perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:353

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..., Janos (Guest), 08-Feb-08 05:50 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..., Cerunnir, 09-Feb-08 01:44 AM, #12
Reply Goodbye., Cerunnir, 07-Feb-08 09:43 PM, #2
Reply Nicely done, man. nt, Forsakens (Guest), 07-Feb-08 11:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbye., Lyristeon, 07-Feb-08 11:24 PM, #4
Reply Oh remembered something., Cerunnir, 08-Feb-08 05:25 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Oh remembered something., Lyristeon, 08-Feb-08 06:59 AM, #8
          Reply Either you're showing your age or.., DurNominator, 09-Feb-08 12:49 PM, #15
               Reply There is that too. nt, Lyristeon, 09-Feb-08 02:30 PM, #17
Reply Look forward to your next., Throkk (Guest), 08-Feb-08 05:05 AM, #5
Reply RE: Look forward to your next., Cerunnir, 08-Feb-08 05:18 AM, #6
     Reply Just to add something here., Lyristeon, 08-Feb-08 07:03 AM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbye., Iggy (Guest), 08-Feb-08 06:35 PM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbye., Cerunnir, 09-Feb-08 01:45 AM, #13
Reply Thanks, Nivek1, 09-Feb-08 09:18 AM, #14
Reply Fun to Watch, Kastellyn, 09-Feb-08 01:15 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Fun to Watch, Cerunnir, 09-Feb-08 04:25 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..., Aubrei (Guest), 07-Feb-08 06:00 PM, #1

Janos (Guest)Fri 08-Feb-08 05:50 PM

#66220, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..."
In response to Reply #0

Character that was tough as nails, though now that you show who was the player behind this character it comes to no surprise. That time I died to you and Cyrein was probably the most rattled I've ever been yet, considering I should have probably stopped and tried to fight (disrupted you for 400hp?). Solid character, thanks for the words.

CerunnirSat 09-Feb-08 01:44 AM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66236, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..."
In response to Reply #10

Yes, you could probably have killed me had you stopped and faught. But that is "panick" for you, it happens sometimes.

CerunnirThu 07-Feb-08 09:43 PM
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66201, "Goodbye."
In response to Reply #0

I rolled Werzidian to take another shot at a warrior. I've always loved the class, but i've never managed to be successfull with it. All my other warriors have been short lived, with no role wise progress and a bad PK ratio. I made Werzidian at a point where outlander was a fair bit in power, because I expected they would drop before I managed to herp. But this really never happened, for the duration of Werzidians career outlander had a strong base of characters. Not because we had a huge number, but because those members where highly active.

I decided to go with Lyristeon, simply because I love the consept of the religion. Most of the time I was fairly predictable though, but I tried to mush it up with some things once in a while that wasnt expected at all. This was in accordance to my role, because I had a belief that if you wanted to be truly unpredictable you had to be predictable most of the time. If you are unpredictable all the time, people are going to always expect the unexpected, making you in turn predictable.

I was dance/sisters, if anyone wanted to know.

Lyristeon:
Thank you for your interactions, title and tattoo. I've always enjoyed the religion, and your way to be as an imm. When I got the tatt I was totally dumbfounded, since I did not expect it in the least. When I got the title I knew if you where watching you would enjoy the outcome, but even the title came as a big surprise.

Outlander Goodbyes:

Folsa:
Yes, I modelled the character after you. But it turned out to be more similar than I expected. Folsa was awesome, but our characters had some fundamental differences in regards to how we saw outlander. You where more "armyish" while I was more "wild bunchish".

Throkk:
When I was playing Zorran I gunned for you quite a bit, but you where elusive as hell. You always had a way out, and I dont belive I ever managed to kill you. Something that is quite rare for a fire giant vs. my vokers. Your roleplay was excellent, and I regret never getting to have a sit down with you to discuss the finer aspects of your background.

Dejek:
The time we raided empire and managed to kill that paladin who stole the codex, was one of my peak moments of this character. It made me really get to play the role, as I took the codex and his weapon and put it to his face. I went full out chaotic in the poor paladins face, and had a chance of heart like three times in my conversation with him. Awesome character, awesome chaser. You really made alot out of a form combo that was sub par.

Danrae:
You where an excellent healer who really knew his stuff. I felt safe when you had my back, which I rarely do on a general basis. I like to be self dependant in PK situations, because I hate dying to mistakes others made. Our characters had a very opposite view on things though, since Werzidian was leaning more towards the evil side of things than the good.

Lyphine:
Thanks for all the aid I got from you when I where younger. You helped me get some gear, or aid me in situations where I needed it. Always fun having a voker on your side. Tried to point you towards your wands, but I do not think you ever found them.

Desabarun:
I will echo the sentiment that someone gave you earlier, you oozed competence. It is always fun playing with people like you, who really knows what they are doing. Makes a character fun, and gives new posibilities for learning new stuff.

Rest of you:
Good luck onwards, or good character(Depending on if you are still alive). Comment to Demrick, sorry about going all nasty on your ass, but I had to keep in role in that regard. Werzidian really could hold a grugde if he decided to hold one.

Fortress:

Dungard:
You where stronger vs. me than you belive. A scary opponent with that bash legacy and swords. Swords always poked me pretty hard if I was not prepped for it. In addition to this you obviously had WAY more health than me.

Darascus:
You where one of my more chaotic moments, and at some point I just decided I wanted to poke my daggers at you. But it was a fair bit pointless, considering your obvious competence level and my bad matchup against vokers.

Various paladins:
Since Werzidian was leaning towards the evil side of things on the neutral scale, you where always a prime target. And Lyristeon always liked to see a bit of paladin blood on my weapons.

Scion:

Chrichuk:
We did not fight very often, but when we did it was absolutly pointless from my side of things. Super vokers are impossible to kill solo, unless *everything* goes your way. That fight in the arena was awesome. I expected to beat you, but knew it would be a hard fight. I made a few tactical errors looking back at it, that would have made a difference. If I got to redo the match I would have had Cyrein rest away from the fight, and I would go to him for healing once in a while. That way he could rest and sleep, keeping his mana healthy while we dished it out.

Ravon:
I belive I only faught you once, and survived. That is better than most can say about facing you. Must be mentioned I had sanc, shield, aura, stoneskin, and protection vs. evil so I had some fairly massive reduction.

Janos:
I got you once, maybe twice. Quite the competent player, and as mentioned earlier competent players playing classes like a transmuter is hard to kill.

Sousidan:
I think I only faught you once in my entire career. I heard other players get pounded by you, while you hunted them relentlessly, but I never saw you.

Tribunal:

Pissudin:
I echo Folsa. You where a pain to deal with, because you always kept on coming after me. You got me three or four times, maybe five times, more than any other character.

Inglor:
At some point there I really felt bad for you. You kept on dying to me, like three or four times in short order. But I really got the respect for you, when you managed to retrieve the codex when I where defending it. Damn that templars defense move.

Rywald:
You got me once with the tortoise/bounce of shell cranial/shift porc tactic, never got me with it again. Your form combo is nasty for a dagger/mace spec warrior, since porc > daggers.

Empire:

Eoria/Liriana:
We faught rarely since I knew that if I wanted to beat you, or even fight in any way equal, I needed preps. That is.. if you came unprepped.

Kostyan:
Perhaps the only warrior who ever managed to consistantly beat me. I think the main reason for this was that you picked legacies that would pretty much beat mine in a straight up fight any day.

Zridv:
We had some tussles, but what stand out in my mind was our first encounter when I had just entered hero range. I killed Nuncheun while fending you and that evil uncaballed healer of, then I proceeded to almost managing to nail the kill on you aswell.

Kunjiko:
I was kicking myself after you managed to kill me at the healer. Such an obviously good tactic, and when I got entwined and you started healing I panicked and made alot of mistakes. Had I started to maledic you up, instead of stabbing for damage I might have nailed you regardless.. Or even just disarmed while you where in heal heal lag.

Bruthamontis:
I felt sorry for you when I killed you, because your build was just absolutly horrible for fighting me. In most our fights all I had to do was hamstring, then trip you while you where taking massive damage.

Nexus:

Iltch:
Well, what can I say? You took part in around three of my deaths, and I tried to avoid you as much as I could. Solo you could do nothing, but if you had backup things was bound to get nasty. I belive I got you once in the mausoleum.

Kiraan:
Thanks for the transmute wood, do not think our interactions went further than that.

Yrillbink:
You got me once, wierd character.

Forsakens (Guest)Thu 07-Feb-08 11:04 PM

#66205, "Nicely done, man. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

LyristeonThu 07-Feb-08 11:24 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66206, "RE: Goodbye."
In response to Reply #2

>I decided to go with Lyristeon, simply because I love the
>consept of the religion. Most of the time I was fairly
>predictable though, but I tried to mush it up with some things
>once in a while that wasnt expected at all. This was in
>accordance to my role, because I had a belief that if you
>wanted to be truly unpredictable you had to be predictable
>most of the time. If you are unpredictable all the time,
>people are going to always expect the unexpected, making you
>in turn predictable.
>
>I was dance/sisters, if anyone wanted to know.
>
>
>Lyristeon:
>Thank you for your interactions, title and tattoo. I've always
>enjoyed the religion, and your way to be as an imm. When I got
>the tatt I was totally dumbfounded, since I did not expect it
>in the least. When I got the title I knew if you where
>watching you would enjoy the outcome, but even the title came
>as a big surprise.

What fun would it be if I did things when it is expected? I really enjoy the Monte Hall part of the job and when I see someone who opens the right curtain, the prize should be unexpected and good. Thank you for the compliments. Very well done character and I look forward to the next one from you.

CerunnirFri 08-Feb-08 05:25 AM
294 posts
#66212, "Oh remembered something."
In response to Reply #4

"We dont want sore man boobs."

Whats Monte Hall exactly, I understand what you means about it, but where did it come from?

LyristeonFri 08-Feb-08 06:59 AM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66214, "RE: Oh remembered something."
In response to Reply #7

Monte Hall was the guy from the show, Lets Make a Deal. His job was just to give out stuff by asking people which curtain to choose. I guess I am showing my age. It was very popular in the 60's and 70's.

DurNominatorSat 09-Feb-08 12:49 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66242, "Either you're showing your age or.."
In response to Reply #8

..his fame never reached Norway. They don't tend to show American gameshows in TV here, usually there's a local version of the format if it's used. For example, I've been in the studio audience in the local Who wants to be a millionare -show, but that doesn't mean that I would know who hosts/hosted the American version of the show.

LyristeonSat 09-Feb-08 02:30 PM
1282 posts
#66246, "There is that too. nt"
In response to Reply #15

nt

Throkk (Guest)Fri 08-Feb-08 05:05 AM

#66209, "Look forward to your next."
In response to Reply #2

>I rolled Werzidian to take another shot at a warrior. I've
>always loved the class, but i've never managed to be
>successfull with it. All my other warriors have been short
>lived, with no role wise progress and a bad PK ratio.

Well, it seems you broke the spell then! Werzidian was tough and effective. Very impressive.

>Throkk:
>When I was playing Zorran I gunned for you quite a bit, but
>you where elusive as hell. You always had a way out, and I
>dont belive I ever managed to kill you. Something that is
>quite rare for a fire giant vs. my vokers. Your roleplay was
>excellent, and I regret never getting to have a sit down with
>you to discuss the finer aspects of your background.

Yeah, it would have been cool to sit down and chat. I always wondered about your title, but never got around to actually ask about it

We didn't do that much together, even though we shared playing times, but I enjoyed our exploration trips. I would have liked to go further into Yzekon, but them's the breaks.

Zorran was a monster, btw. It would really have made my day, if I could have done anything to him.

As a final aside: Cool, that you made it to the Arena tournament. Throkk think the Arena is for sissies, but that particular event I would have liked to participate in. It sounds like all involved had great fun.

CerunnirFri 08-Feb-08 05:18 AM
294 posts
#66211, "RE: Look forward to your next."
In response to Reply #5

Background for my title:
Me, Dejek and some elf outlander raided empire. There was one defender, some near hero assassin I belive it was. When we started killing the outer guardian, a paladin showed up and started hitting it aswell. I started mouthing of at the paladin and threatening him if he did not leave I would gut him. The assassin came out and he was beat away, then I fled and attacked the paladin. The paladin then left and we proceeded to the inners, and made the assassin teleport away. The paladin came in and got lucky/unlucky, when he got the final blow on the prelate. He walked away, with me and Dejek on his tail. Since he could not word with a cabal item on him the fox quickly overtook him, and I tripped him to death.

I took the codex and his area explore two hander. First I offered the sword back to him, and when he refused saying the weapon had been "tainted" I told him I would keep it around so he would never get it back, going out of my way to taunt him. It ended in me giving it to some random lowbie storm shaman.. who was quite happy with it.

>>I rolled Werzidian to take another shot at a warrior. I've
>>always loved the class, but i've never managed to be
>>successfull with it. All my other warriors have been short
>>lived, with no role wise progress and a bad PK ratio.
>
>Well, it seems you broke the spell then! Werzidian was tough
>and effective. Very impressive.
>
>>Throkk:
>>When I was playing Zorran I gunned for you quite a bit, but
>>you where elusive as hell. You always had a way out, and I
>>dont belive I ever managed to kill you. Something that is
>>quite rare for a fire giant vs. my vokers. Your roleplay was
>>excellent, and I regret never getting to have a sit down
>with
>>you to discuss the finer aspects of your background.
>
>Yeah, it would have been cool to sit down and chat. I always
>wondered about your title, but never got around to actually
>ask about it
>
>We didn't do that much together, even though we shared playing
>times, but I enjoyed our exploration trips. I would have liked
>to go further into Yzekon, but them's the breaks.
>
>Zorran was a monster, btw. It would really have made my day,
>if I could have done anything to him.
>
>As a final aside: Cool, that you made it to the Arena
>tournament. Throkk think the Arena is for sissies, but that
>particular event I would have liked to participate in. It
>sounds like all involved had great fun.
>

LyristeonFri 08-Feb-08 07:03 AM
1282 posts
#66215, "Just to add something here."
In response to Reply #6

It's in your PBF, but, there was a little bit more to it than just that. When your PBF comes out, you will see what it was about that moment than just chasing him down and doing that.

Iggy (Guest)Fri 08-Feb-08 06:35 PM

#66224, "RE: Goodbye."
In response to Reply #2

Fine forget me.....we had tons of battles, and all were fun, Have I mentioned I flippin hate daggers!

More when I'm gone

Iggy

CerunnirSat 09-Feb-08 01:45 AM
294 posts
#66237, "RE: Goodbye."
In response to Reply #11

Especially fun for you when you almost two rounded me because of those damned gloves and no preps on my side of things

Nivek1Sat 09-Feb-08 09:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
#66239, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

I could tell that you were on the up and up when I was starting to decline. You were my top (only, really) choice for Harbinger when I stepped down. I am glad that I did. You were a great character and much stronger than Folsa in many respects.

Congratulations on another top character.

Folsa

KastellynSat 09-Feb-08 01:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66243, "Fun to Watch"
In response to Reply #2

I watched you fight a decent amount, you were always a fun snoop target. Really solid RP and you pulled off some great kills that just had me shaking my head. I thought Werzidian was an excellent, excellent character. Great job!

Glad you had fun with the Arena competition, I thought that went off really well (once we figured out the Arena commands... ).

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

CerunnirSat 09-Feb-08 04:25 PM
294 posts
#66250, "RE: Fun to Watch"
In response to Reply #16

Thanks a bunch for starting that competions, it opens up some awesome fun for those involved. It should be done often if you can be arsed

I tried to fight as much as I could alone, its more fun that way when you got a combo that is effective at landing kills. Thanks for the kind words.

Aubrei (Guest)Thu 07-Feb-08 06:00 PM

#66193, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Werzidian Wildborn the Impetu..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn you dude, your character was awesome *nods* extremely good job with it, and good luck with your next

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66192 Previous topic | Next topic