Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doriach Ferek'Dorn the Legend of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66058
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 31-Jan-08 11:56 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66058, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doriach Ferek'Dorn the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Jan 31 22:54:48 2008

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Doriach perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:192

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thank YOU!, Treebeard1 (Guest), 01-Feb-08 12:17 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Thank YOU!, Gramoak (Guest), 01-Feb-08 12:46 AM, #2
     Reply Shucks..., Grecken (Guest), 01-Feb-08 12:48 AM, #3
     Reply Doriach was kind of cool, Theerkla, 01-Feb-08 05:58 AM, #4
     Reply I'll buy the PBF. Hopefully that'll explain it...., Treebeard1 (Guest), 01-Feb-08 11:37 AM, #11
          Reply Didn't Dakh die like 3 times trying to get level 37 or ..., Theerkla, 01-Feb-08 01:32 PM, #16
               Reply Ohhh yeah, Treebeard, 01-Feb-08 01:36 PM, #17
     Reply I loved Doriach's interactions:, Aeaph (Guest), 01-Feb-08 08:48 AM, #5
     Reply Good job, Fjarn (Guest), 01-Feb-08 09:34 AM, #6
     Reply Damn I'm sorry I missed you, Treebeard, 01-Feb-08 11:44 AM, #12
          Reply RE: Damn I'm sorry I missed you, Fjarn (Guest), 01-Feb-08 12:58 PM, #14
     Reply It was nice to have an elder duergar in the village., Dragrahl (Guest), 01-Feb-08 09:40 AM, #7
     Reply you azz you died too soon, yevandr (Guest), 01-Feb-08 10:07 AM, #8
     Reply Yeah dude I guess I lost count., Treebeard, 01-Feb-08 12:05 PM, #13
     Reply Stinkin' fargin Gully Trash!, Ysaloerye, 01-Feb-08 10:12 AM, #9
     Reply I knew it was a long shot..., Treebeard, 01-Feb-08 01:16 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Thank YOU!, Razell (Guest), 01-Feb-08 11:10 AM, #10
     Reply #### you, sir., Bapkruk (Guest), 01-Feb-08 02:16 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Thank YOU!, Cezar (Guest), 01-Feb-08 03:28 PM, #19

Treebeard1 (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 12:17 AM

#66060, "Thank YOU!"
In response to Reply #0

I thought I had one more...oh the hell of bad math skills.

Doriach was a ride. A pure and simple ride. I made stupid choices with my legacy and 2nd spec, and if I had not loved the role I woulda said fark it...but I did love the role. This is one of the first chars for me that had me goin on pure RP towards the end, though Thoric was close.

He was a duergar that wasn't evil at all. He hated being judged by his black beard, and was commanded in a dream to try and make peace with dwarfs. Poor farken bugger.

Goodbyes are gonna be sketchy...its been full trip:

Imms - Not too much, but the short stuff I had ruled.
Ysal - I knew my role was bold, and I know I coulda done more to entice you. Still, the little I saw of you, and what you said to me otherwise, made me really want to interact with you more. Great stuff.

Iunna - Good timing! I didn't even know tonight would be it! I was gonna fight to one or two deaths then fight in the team competition. Bugger. Thanks for the drink - too bad you didn't want to go to dinner, i might still be alive - sorry, but Doriach was a ladies man.

Battle:
Yevandr - God you put up with so much. You do so much for the village, giving newbs a chance, pwning our enemies, and providing damn good leadership, and you get far too much #### for it IMO. I don't care how many svirf berserkers have been played, if someone does it right then damnit, good work.

Cezar - I got you killed a bunch, I know. In the beginning I was a little jealous you got drillmaster, even though i was early 40's. Well, doriach was, but I as a player knew you bled for it. I have a feeling there's a lot behind that innocent beak of yours.

Idril - Farken beautiful, why yer gotter die on me bearded arse! Hopefully Doriach can goose you for all eternity. I had so much fun, thanks.

Razelle - You too. I have to mention you because Dor loved skinney women. I thought you coulda done good things.

Philis - Best interview I've had for battle in atleast 5 years. That was so fun.

Bapkruk - Doriach secretly loved being called sir, so thank you.

I'm sorry to the rest of you. I know there's a few people I'm forgeting.

Enemies:

Nexus - pretty much nothing standout about you guys. Some were better than others at ganking, but I never really got a sense of any rp - scion, empire, even fort did better. I've played you alot and I know how hard it is. But Iltch - you knew how I felt, I basically disagree with how you run a char, so I'll just leave it at that.

Dungard - I dunno if you know what its like to lose 2-3 con to someone to one command, but its frustrating, especially when your rp just wants to be friends. Oh well, good bashing I guess.

Igbah - Lost 1-2.5 con to you too, but atleast I felt I had a chance. Stupid flurry gauntlets. Oh and I was Ravenar, so that was a bit fun to see both sides of it.I dig your style maing, keep it up.

Lauriel - I said all that needed to be said. I really liked chillin, and you know how Doriach felt.

Dwarf Paladin I talked to in the inn - I'm SO sorry your name is escaping me, but you listened on what amounted to my deathbed about reconciling, and Doriach appreciated it.

I gotta pause here. All I can remember.

You guys make this game amazing. This is my 10th year - I know, I should be better at it, but I've had more fun than I can say. Imms, I've tried and failed, and I know how much sweat you put into it. Some of you I like more than others, but damnit, thanks for all the effort.

Treebeard, AKA

Doriach, Ravenar, Thoric, Algrahk, Dhanzen, Kharthak, Gondrak, Glaurthran and so many farken more

Gramoak (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 12:46 AM

#66062, "RE: Thank YOU!"
In response to Reply #1

No sweat man. You made Grammo think because you were a duergar, and we hate us some duergar, but you were also all about Nordiach and ####. And that was just tres cool. I struggled to find a good middle ground for you. I like you a lot though, and my only regret is meeting you so late in your life.

Grecken (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 12:48 AM

#66063, "Shucks..."
In response to Reply #1

Well dang. If I had known that was your last I wouldn't have pressed it so hard. You called Grecken a coward and Andaayhn a relic so we had to come in there. Myself having been on the pillar a time or two I know how much fun that last death is and if I'd know that was it, I'd have left you be so you could pick a better one. I always wanted to fight you one on one but it never got to that. Too bad. I got the log, if you want me to e-mail it to you or you can just wait till I finally die of whatever kills me and I'll post it then.

See ya around,

Grecken

TheerklaFri 01-Feb-08 05:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66068, "Doriach was kind of cool"
In response to Reply #1

But the I'm not evil bit always feels a bit to me like the player trying to get the benefits of a duergar villager without the pain of being mercilessly hunted by maran. Anyways some damn good names on that player list, so feel free to ignore my criticism if it's unfounded in this case.

Treebeard1 (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 11:37 AM

#66079, "I'll buy the PBF. Hopefully that'll explain it...."
In response to Reply #4

By the way Theerkla, remember that little gnome Dakherizin when the rift was all up the Ernin an' whatnot?

I'm still here

TheerklaFri 01-Feb-08 01:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#66088, "Didn't Dakh die like 3 times trying to get level 37 or ..."
In response to Reply #11

good times.

TreebeardFri 01-Feb-08 01:36 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66089, "Ohhh yeah"
In response to Reply #16

Ranking up was a nightmare with him. Ended up with wildcat/golden eagle.

Hah I remember all the frustration you had with people keep thinking you were sylvan. Ah memoriez

Aeaph (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 08:48 AM

#66072, "I loved Doriach's interactions:"
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the few evils I really, really, had a hard time to get myself into a mood to try to fight. You were fun and engaging yet still a Duergar through and through. It was a heck of a lot better to interact with you than to take the high road and be a stereotypical anal retentive good Elf.

Thanks for the beer.

Fjarn (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 09:34 AM

#66074, "Good job"
In response to Reply #1

Some characters just make immersion that much easier. Doriach exuded duergariness/dwarfiness and was a pleasure to interact with. Keep 'em coming.

TreebeardFri 01-Feb-08 11:44 AM
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#66081, "Damn I'm sorry I missed you"
In response to Reply #6

We didn't cross paths nearly enough, but Fjarn seemed the epitome of a stoic cloud giant, without seeming like a dimwit - I think thats something to be proud of.

Bring your veteran arse around the Village more, its good for the kids.

Fjarn (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 12:58 PM

#66085, "RE: Damn I'm sorry I missed you"
In response to Reply #12

>Bring your veteran arse around the Village more, its good for
>the kids.

This is definitely an issue for me, and I'm making some schedule changes that should bring me around a bit more frequently (if for shorter durations). Now that I've put that in writing, I'm positive a disfunctional spy satellite will careen through the atmosphere uncontrolled, and against eighty-four nines of statistical probability, it will strike the building housing my ISP's primary hub. Damn you, RNG!

Thanks for the kind words, though. I do wish we'd had more opportunities to interact. Characters who pay attention to detail are always fun to play with (Doriach vs. Fjarn's pants).

Dragrahl (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 09:40 AM

#66075, "It was nice to have an elder duergar in the village."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't bother you too much since I was a bit lower level than you and didn't figure you'd want to hear anything from me - but it's gave me hope, seeing duergar making it to hero, even with all them maran about.

The time you threw me the spiked gear was nice too - thanks for that. Too bad an 3-man gang went and took it all a week or so later.

yevandr (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 10:07 AM

#66076, "you azz you died too soon"
In response to Reply #1

I guess the banshee ate the first of the banshee baned brothers of battle before we even got to the competition, well I will be joining you in the dirt fairly soon. When I had to select a new drillmaster it was between you and cezar and since cezar had been around longer and after his great showing in the rites I had to go with him. Wonder if i am gonna get stuck competing solo now in the tourney.

TreebeardFri 01-Feb-08 12:05 PM
268 posts
#66083, "Yeah dude I guess I lost count."
In response to Reply #8

Kick it strong brotha, I meant what I said about the quality of your presence. If I had been smart and gone axe we'da had wayy more fun. Oh well.

YsaloeryeFri 01-Feb-08 10:12 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#66077, "Stinkin' fargin Gully Trash!"
In response to Reply #1

Man I also loved Doriach's role, but as I discussed with you through email, there was just no way around the fact that Ysal is a stubborn beyond all reason, duergar hating, grudge holding dwarf. Despite wracking my brain I could see no loophole that could get you through the Inn door and into the religion. Hopefully that little surprise when you came to visit gave you a chuckle.

Doriach the villager was a great presence, Ysal sure do love her some duergars to hurl abuse at in her village. You were constantly on the go, constantly RPing well and educating newer members. I couldn't ask for more.

Next time role something that can at least get into the Inn eh!

GLWTN

TreebeardFri 01-Feb-08 01:16 PM
268 posts
#66086, "I knew it was a long shot..."
In response to Reply #9

But I had fun trying. It meant a whole lot to me that you took the time to respond to my email.

Thanks again, ye stubbern farken wench! We're on th' same farken side!

Razell (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 11:10 AM

#66078, "RE: Thank YOU!"
In response to Reply #1

Heh Doriach was an awesome char all round. This is funny, because I played some unknown acolyte Halhaer way back, and mixed with your rager pretty well then too Thanks for all the fun, and good job.

Bapkruk (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 02:16 PM

#66092, "#### you, sir."
In response to Reply #1

Doriach was a fun character and one of my few friends. Your presence will be missed.

Cezar (Guest)Fri 01-Feb-08 03:28 PM

#66093, "RE: Thank YOU!"
In response to Reply #1

Nice work with Doriach. I enjoyed it alot when you were around, you'r rp always made for a great time. You were also a real tough villager with what all I saw. I wouldn't say that you got me killed at all, we both took a few dives, neither ones fault. Good job, and glad you stuck it out until the end! I understand about getting bummed when you don't get selected for something you want. I felt the same way when Harol was selected for Drillmaster in the rites, even though I knew he was an excellent choice on Yevandr's part. I threw an addition into my role on the subject which Ill go into detail more on my deathbed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66058 Previous topic | Next topic