Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Aevum Ocius'vesica the Disciple of Anc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65496
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 19-Jan-08 05:39 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65496, "(DELETED) [None] Aevum Ocius'vesica the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Fri Jan 18 17:55:22 2008

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Aevum perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:90

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply That would have been.., Iltch (Guest), 18-Jan-08 09:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: That would have been.., aevum (Guest), 18-Jan-08 11:48 PM, #2
          Reply Nothing personal but..., Pro (Guest), 19-Jan-08 12:19 AM, #3
          Reply RE: That would have been.., Isildur, 19-Jan-08 12:54 AM, #4
          Reply What a load of crap:, Aeaphoeni (Guest), 19-Jan-08 05:02 AM, #5
          Reply RE: That would have been.., Darascus (Guest), 19-Jan-08 02:02 AM, #6
               Reply RE: That would have been.., DC-lazy (Guest), 22-Jan-08 06:20 PM, #7
                    Reply You can't drop it?, Darascus (Guest), 22-Jan-08 09:08 PM, #8
                         Reply Chillax., DC-Lazy (Guest), 22-Jan-08 09:50 PM, #9

Iltch (Guest)Fri 18-Jan-08 09:04 PM

#65498, "That would have been.."
In response to Reply #0

One of the most awesome saves in history if you had gotten there 2 seconds earlier. The fact that you even tried shows what kind of balls you were packing in there and the gesture wasn't lost on me. I didn't think anything special about the character until I realized what had happened when I got to my corpse. Thanks for the attempt man, that was just awesome of you.

aevum (Guest)Fri 18-Jan-08 11:48 PM

#65509, "RE: That would have been.."
In response to Reply #1

I'll be brief. Yeah, I tried. I think anyone in my situation should have, which is mostly why I deleted.

I've been a long time fort player, and the current state of things kind of bothered me. It could just be me. I haven't played for more than a year, and perhaps some things will never be like you remember them. Mostly, I was just saddened by the leadership. Again, this is just my opinion, but a marshal that I saw twice in a characters life, and a captain that was more concerned with his own personal pks, than say the fort as a whole, or even the orb. I say this with all due respect as I've played with the current captain before and he was more than enjoyable - even an ideal fortie I would say. I was quite happy when I rolled this guy up to see him as captain, but wow...what a change. Darascus, I know this sounds like I'm picking on you, but a leader is supposed to lead. Get everybody to get to a spot. Get everyone to listen to you. Make sure people know what is going on and exactly what you are thinking. You were yelling at me for not cbing? My opinion doesn't count. I'm a squire. Also, squires are not your own persoan scouts for your pks. Have you noticed the only time you can get anything done is when you raid against an empty cabal (or maybe even 4 to 1 odds). Today we had four to three and you wouldn't even defend. wtf man? What are you teaching the squires by this? Don't defend the orb if you're going to die? Perhaps instead teach them how not to die. I'm supposed to follow and so I followed, but I sure as hell didn't agree with you. I had a hell of a lot more fun with people like Iltch, knuets, and Ian (even if I was never in your range I loved you man). People who aren't afraid to face the odds. Yeah. I could be way off base here, but this is just the way I felt. You want the Fort to be a force to be reckoned with, then you need to teach people what to do, not take everything into your own hands. Again, this character wasn't around long, and as such might not have seen a lot, but for a long term fort player I just can't say enough about how the atmosphere just wasn't there.

Pro (Guest)Sat 19-Jan-08 12:19 AM

#65515, "Nothing personal but..."
In response to Reply #2

You sound like your typical die at the Maran fortie.

IsildurSat 19-Jan-08 12:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65519, "RE: That would have been.."
In response to Reply #2

What were your specs & legacies, and what did you think of them on an elf?

Aeaphoeni (Guest)Sat 19-Jan-08 05:02 AM

#65528, "What a load of crap:"
In response to Reply #2

1) Darascus helps out people who help themselves. Since you are a so called "long time" player then start by helping yourself and quit targeting another for the failure of your character.

2) Darascus is the perfect leader type, as mentioned in my thread, he helped the living heck out of everyone he could. He even went so far as to try to teach Kelteon and a couple other complete newblets how to stay alive!

3) Darascus scouted for Aeaphoeni and the other squires a lot more than the other way around! Any time anyone asked for some info on the cabal channel he was all over it.

4) Unlike you, I am willing to admit my character grew into a chore. A chore I set myself up for via my role requirement of soloing to hero an Elf warrior.

Now if you had trouble PKing or surving PK with an Elf warrior I can help you there. I fought a lot of battles straight up and did my best.

If you simply had a bad time, blame no one but yourself, hate the current leadership? Get the position yourself. Hate where your character is going? Change it. Think the Fortress should be run differently? Write a treatise on it and have it published by a bard.

You took the coward's way out. Trust me I know that path well. But in taking that path you have no right to call anyone else out.

Darascus (Guest)Sat 19-Jan-08 05:39 AM

#65521, "RE: That would have been.."
In response to Reply #2

I really don't know what the hell you expect. I don't know who you were before (and don't care), so you are referencing some so-called "golden days of the Fort back when Darascus was cool," and I don't know what/when you are talking about. Let's talk about today:

The raid where you said I didn't defend:

Today we
>had four to three and you wouldn't even defend. wtf man?
>What are you teaching the squires by this? Don't defend the
>orb if you're going to die? Perhaps instead teach them how
>not to die.

I got you and another Squire together (that's three, not four. Iltch was not with us at the time even though he was offering to help, as you know), got as prepped as possible with shields for both of you, and went towards them when it seemed like the right time. Two or three were hitting the outer, but we all knew the other two or three were also there. When the inner was hit there were...oh, 5? Two necromancers, a healer, a bard and a warrior all with resist, sanc, etc. I went with the full intention of jumping in there regardless, but the inner died before we even reached the bloody splat that used to be the tara'bal. Add on to that the misinfo that we heard of them "all being shielded" (guy who said that: don't worry I'm not even remotely upset. I just misunderstood). So yeah, I backed us all out to save our skins. Pardon me if that grates on your nerves, but I guess we're not going to see eye to eye here.

Leading:

Hey, maybe I do suck at it. When I get booted from the Fort for it I guess we'll know, right?

Yelling at you for not responding on the CB:

I didn't yell at you. I saw, out of nowhere (I think I was regathering some wands I had burned up) that you had died and asked how it happened, and where. You responded with "It doesn't matter." Well, it sure as hell DID matter. I wanted to know so hell, I don't know, I could go try to kill whoever did it or at least buy you time to get your crap back. Your opinion counts as a Squire. I don't know if your comment there was sarcasm or what, but your general sucky attitude bled into your character nicely. I thought maybe you were being the "strong silent" type, but I don't think that's the case.

About not wanting to walk around in a fat gang and mow the range down:

I don't know about you, but I don't think getting ganged down is fun from either perspective. Yes, it happens both ways in almost any caballed character's lifetime from time to time, especially in raid scenarios. But, if there isn't a pressing need to get the whole crew in one spot and go kick some ass, I'm not going to call for it. That's just how I roll. Additionally, working independently means scouting more territory which is usually a damn good thing. Also, due to an ability all Maran have, we are the last cabal in the game that should walk around in a gang unless it's raid time. I understand you weren't full maran, but I'm referring to me and not you, here.

I started this with more energy, but find myself drained. I don't like having to defend every single action from a guy whose perspective is severely slanted in the first place. But hey, you've set out to trash me, so here's a hearty #### you right back.

I'd rather not continue this. You said your bit, I said mine. That's good enough.

DC-lazy (Guest)Tue 22-Jan-08 06:20 PM

#65597, "RE: That would have been.."
In response to Reply #6

I'm not sure what it was that was non-valid about my last post.

Anyway:

"When I get booted from the Fort for it I guess we'll know, right?"

That just struck me as a jackass comment (along with a few others you made). Your out of character posts combined with your in character attitude are combining to make me think you're just playing yourself + spells & gear.

Anyway, if you want to look at that like its a flame I guess that's one interpretation but I'd just interpret it as helpful advice for consideration when posting with your character's handle.

Darascus (Guest)Tue 22-Jan-08 09:08 PM

#65602, "You can't drop it?"
In response to Reply #7

Can you?

If Aevum wants to post to defend his argument against me, let him do so.

If you want to have a problem with me, go right ahead. My in-character attitude is a good one (a lot better than this, because I can keep things IC), so I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

DC-Lazy (Guest)Tue 22-Jan-08 09:50 PM

#65603, "Chillax."
In response to Reply #8

>Can you?
>
>If Aevum wants to post to defend his argument against me, let
>him do so.
>
>If you want to have a problem with me, go right ahead. My
>in-character attitude is a good one (a lot better than this,
>because I can keep things IC), so I don't know what the hell
>you are talking about.

If you disagree with my assessment, ignore it and move on. I was trying to offer you advice as an impartial third party. Obviously you don't want any, that's cool too.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65496 Previous topic | Next topic