Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65365
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 16-Jan-08 12:32 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65365, "(DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense"

Tue Jan 15 23:30:13 2008

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Oshinohe perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:40

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense, Isildur, 16-Jan-08 10:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense, Malkira (Guest), 16-Jan-08 10:33 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense, Aggeron (Guest), 16-Jan-08 11:12 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense, Isildur, 16-Jan-08 03:36 PM, #4
          Reply Oooh!, Luphage (Guest), 17-Jan-08 05:42 AM, #7
     Reply That was a harsh ending., Merric (Guest), 16-Jan-08 08:43 PM, #5
     Reply See ya Shino., Ilasair (Guest), 16-Jan-08 11:09 PM, #6

IsildurWed 16-Jan-08 10:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65381, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #0

Boy do I suck at warriors.

Deleted because, besides dying alot, I pretty much lost all drive to join Nexus. I found it really, really hard to come up with a compelling Nexus role. The one I did come up with barely passed muster, and I suspect I would have had trouble "getting into it" over the course of the character's entire life. Could just go uncaballed, but an aimless uncaballed warrior at hero doesn't sound appealing. I've had aimless characters before, and usually aimless equates to "boring".

Game-play wise I was a little underwhelmed with bash, considering the character's role-play prevented me from attacking random lowbies. Flurry was more useless than I expected too when at 75%. I had flurry and riposte for maybe 5-10 game hours, fighting a fair amount, and I think each one had gone up 1%. I thought I'd be okay with giant int after playing felars, but man....it's rough.

Anyway, I'll be watching over the next few months to see whether my few enemies delete, then do a little roll call once everybody's gone to see who played whom.

Malkira (Guest)Wed 16-Jan-08 10:33 AM

#65382, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #1

Sucks! I really liked your company. From your behavior, I thought perhaps you were doing something else besides nexus..but I guess not.

Good luck on your next!

Aggeron (Guest)Wed 16-Jan-08 11:12 AM

#65383, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #1

Takes some giant sized balls to come after a ranger in the woods, respect for that.

As for flurry, in my limited experience I found it better to level with the skill and it went up fine. (fighting the tougher mobs = better skill gains)

Bash is worthless without max weight, that might have been the problem.
GLWYN

IsildurWed 16-Jan-08 03:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#65387, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Oshinohe the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah. Once you got wilderness fam I knew I didn't have a chance unless I caught you wounded. That last time, I knew I should have recalled when you fled and camo'd, but for some reason my personal-preservation-alarm stopped working and I decided I'd eat an ambush and "see what happens". Bad idea.

There were a couple of things that soured me on bash. First, I didn't run around attacking characters at the lower levels who I could easily overpower with a pure command-denial approach. Also, many of my enemies were other melee classes. When fighting them, if I bash and they enter commands (even spaced apart by several rounds) then I lose. Then there was the uncertainty factor. Someone attacks me reduced- I try the bash and fail, giving them the chance to flee and teleport. (The next time they tried they died, because I reduced, but still- it's hard to know before going into a fight how you should modify your size.)

The other annoying thing was how many inventory slots it took to remain at max weight. Maybe I just wasn't using the best containers, but I typically had to carry 6-8 rafts to hit max, only one or two of which I could put in a sack. So it ate up all my inventory slots just carrying around rafts.

Lastly, trying to use "correcct" cloud-giant speech made me sound like a moron. And not a funny Hunsobo-esque moron, either.

Luphage (Guest)Thu 17-Jan-08 05:42 AM

#65408, "Oooh!"
In response to Reply #4

Sad to see you go, only lvled with you a little but form what I saw you were solid.

To bad, see you with your next one.

Merric (Guest)Wed 16-Jan-08 08:43 PM

#65391, "That was a harsh ending."
In response to Reply #1

But I had to.

I liked your angle though.

Ilasair (Guest)Wed 16-Jan-08 11:09 PM

#65393, "See ya Shino."
In response to Reply #1

I liked what little I saw. Did you delete after the Transmuter brutality?

You were pumping out some painful flurries. Shame you missed that last one.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65365 Previous topic | Next topic