Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keshuk the Slayer, Elite Imperia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65238
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Jan-08 06:26 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65238, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Keshuk the Slayer, Elite Imperial Warlock"

Sun Jan 13 12:05:38 2008

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Keshuk perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:231

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Side Question, Torak, 14-Jan-08 02:43 PM, #13
Reply Keshuk's goodbye, Torak, 14-Jan-08 11:42 AM, #3
Reply Some good, some bad, Doriach (Guest), 14-Jan-08 11:56 AM, #4
Reply I have to agree, Torak, 14-Jan-08 12:05 PM, #5
Reply Not much to say, Zridv (Guest), 14-Jan-08 12:24 PM, #6
Reply You should have told Eoria that!, Torak, 14-Jan-08 12:26 PM, #7
     Reply RE: You should have told Eoria that!, Zridv (Guest), 14-Jan-08 12:29 PM, #8
          Reply Thanks, Torak, 14-Jan-08 01:01 PM, #9
Reply RE: Keshuk's goodbye, Cezar (Guest), 14-Jan-08 01:23 PM, #10
Reply I liked our duels, Torak, 14-Jan-08 01:42 PM, #11
Reply RE: Keshuk's goodbye, Rogue, 14-Jan-08 02:12 PM, #12
Reply One of the smack-down-ers..., Twist, 14-Jan-08 03:48 PM, #14
Reply Yeah it was my fault..., Torak, 14-Jan-08 04:20 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Yeah it was my fault..., DC-lazy (Guest), 14-Jan-08 05:17 PM, #16
Reply I threaten to blow up everyones house, Derexal, 14-Jan-08 06:16 PM, #17
Reply RE: Keshuk's goodbye, Valguarnera, 14-Jan-08 06:31 PM, #19
     Reply I think we can agree..., Torak, 15-Jan-08 05:32 PM, #20
          Reply agree/disagree, dr (Guest), 15-Jan-08 08:45 PM, #21
Reply Ag, I wish I met more people not like you., KrilcovK (Guest), 13-Jan-08 11:52 PM, #1
     Reply Farewell., Padraig (Guest), 14-Jan-08 12:48 AM, #2
     Reply Not defending Keshuk but..., DC-lazy (Guest), 14-Jan-08 10:38 AM, #18

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 02:43 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65323, "Side Question"
In response to Reply #0

Any sort of random Daevryn-type of hint for where the Khaglaver's mace is? I tried looking everywhere I could think of and asked quite a lot of people....no one has any idea.

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 11:42 AM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65310, "Keshuk's goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

First off, I don't want this to become a spam-fest so I'm going to keep this kind of simple. I liked Keshuk and honestly think he was one of my better characters....I did stray a few times on his roleplay (never play while sick/mad) but overall I think I did a good job. I learned quite a bit about Empire, more about anti-paladins, and even remembered some basic things I had forgotten. In the end though, I wanted to delete because I figured out that personally I'm not a "human" anti-paladin kind of guy. I've played every race and I belive human to be the weakest near the end, and I'm just not anything caster oriented. I'd rather have an in-your-face dumber race with vulnerabilities I know how to cover. I think out of my 90 or so charges, maybe 4-5 were from sleeping someone.

About APs, I've just moved more stuff into my wiki FAQ if you're interested - I had it removed for awhile but after discussing with Yhorian I decided I'd let it stick around. I took a lot of edges....but strayed and went a whole new path (2hander edges versus 1hander edges) about halfway through which wasn't smart.

About Empire, I did break the law a few times earlier on in his career but I can say that it happened maybe once or twice out of roleplay and usually it was defensive (sorry Naerzghul, I really wanted the charges from your death since I figured you'd be worth more...but weren't). It's pretty obvious when Ambra/villager/enemy makes a beeline for you in town, that I wasn't going to eat the first attack so I got preemptive. Near the later half of his career though, I figured that wasn't a good enough excuse and never broke the law on from that point. Now with that said, the "divine voice of Subjugation"....I'm guessing you were doing this because of earlier on in his life, but you kept giving me slack when I wasn't even breaking the Law. Once I was attacked by Ambra in my guild while I was deputized (I can kind of understand your tribunal vs imperial law point but still), and the other time I saved Liriana's life in Voralian when she was attacked by three villagers yet you felt the need to chew me out on both. Either way, it was an alright experience and thanks for the title at one point (I would have had that certain storm warrior but he literally teleported everytime I saw him out of town)....I also enjoyed my first blood reckoning and winning

About Ragers, it was a love/hate relationship. Some of you I really respected...and one of you I hated which tainted the relationship. Doriach, that time when you got mad about the full loot, I seriously took one piece before the Imperials went through it - I felt bad enough that I grabbed your spiked gear to return it and sent you a tell but you had logged off. If Bseter hadn't gained such a reputation of people hating him for full-looting/saccing, you probably wouldn't ever see that kind of thing. I *never* full-sacced/looted...I think I threatened it a few times to people who perpetually logged out or fled, but even when I got them (even Bseter) I never did it....I did eat corpses though so lowbies usually grabbed quite a bit, so sorry about that but not much I can do there since it's a really nice heal. And villagers should seriously never whine about someone having full a/b/s....I died more than once to some nasty deathblows through full protections. Some of you dueled pretty bad and were easy charges for it, others gave me hell (Aritu the biggest trouble). Joogin and Gruntok were probably my favorites to talk/fight with.

Ambra, awesome character - I did borderline break out of roleplay when you destroyed my obsidian axe but that's my fault and not yours. You always were honorable for a duel, you returned a lot of gear when a majority of outlanders didn't and were truly a challenge...thanks for the charges and the fights I think near the end we got about even in kills/deaths? I learned more about fighting druids against you than ever before....and killing the other druids was proof of it. Thanks.

Noshaun, awesome elf to fight. You prepped like crazy in our duels but a non-villager giving my full a/b/s a hard time was pretty well done. Too bad though you weren't worth many charges

About my role, hope you guys enjoyed it - most experience I've gotten for a role before so figured someone out there did.

And about the cheaters I reported, it's definitely entertaining to hear of all the things I supposedly did (like fake IRC logs) or what you're all going to do to me (Derexal threatening to blow my house up, so much for being an anti-cheater). As I told the Immortals, I've no problem with some people knowing who each other play (if they didn't agree with this, a certain cabal would be completely gone). I'm even fine with one or two friends knowing each other and playing together.....what I am not fine with is someone OOC saving someone else, which is what happened. I made no logs up since I sent none - I just emailed and told the Immortals what happened and looks like they decided to get rid of Kanye again and punish Jhyrbian. Spamming me with lowbie characters or even OOC, pretty much shows the level of maturity on their end. Pretty sad that everyone likes to bitch about IRC/OOC cheaters, but when I turn one in that I get a lot of flack for it.

And for the Immortal who told them who reported it, nice bang-up job since I asked to be anonymous - I get enough troll parades as it is, you'd figure someone helping you would get a small request like that.

Anyways, I enjoyed the character and probably could have stuck it out (I almost regret deleting) but it's probably better anyways to move on. Hope you all enjoyed the character.

Doriach (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 11:56 AM

#65311, "Some good, some bad"
In response to Reply #3

Well I can't say I'm sorry you were gone. I thought you complained a bit too much IC - ofcourse I'm going to run when you're kicking my ass, which, unfortunately, was most of the time, so threatening to loot me when I did die to you was a bit tasteless IMO.

I also have, ooc, a real strong dislike for people who do retribution loots, ie for something a cabalmate did. I think its poor justification for something you were already going to do, but that's just me as a player.

All that said, I do (begrudgingly) have to give you a lot of props for your pk skill. You were a pain to fight, and I think you would've been a lot more deadly as a human if you'dve switched your weapons of choice - mace/dagger, for example, with an edge or two would've really aided you.

Anyway, on the next go around, try to think on how what you say/do will be percieved by the guy on the end of the other screen. At the end of the day, its a game, and I'm not out to ruin anyone's fun - so I encourage all to do the same.

There were a lot of good things/potential about Keshuk, so capitalize on those, cut out the ic complaining, and you'll be good to go.

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 12:05 PM
1216 posts
#65312, "I have to agree"
In response to Reply #4

In all honesty, I felt bad for retribution loots for Bseter....I had no way to deal with him since I couldn't see him, his "fargin asshole" or other comments drove me to anger, and figured peer-pressure from the rest of the village might make him less of an asshole. I won't be doing that again. Some people are just douches.

And I did have merciless ambidexterity and exploit hobbling in the end (which I alluded to in my goodbye for switching edges mid-way), that's how I landed that DISMEMBER trip on you. I liked it quite a bit better and can realize why I'm the only idiot who has tried making polearm a serious threat....I think I did an ok job with polearms now that morosa was fixed but it's still far from the best, especially compared to lashes.

Thanks for the comments though, I agree.

Zridv (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 12:24 PM

#65314, "Not much to say"
In response to Reply #3

Other than that this character was growing on me and I was looking forward to another DreadLord. Oh well, sorry it didn't work for you.

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 12:26 PM
1216 posts
#65315, "You should have told Eoria that!"
In response to Reply #6

Heh, I had been harassing her awhile...and having leader-con and the position would have definitely made me keep the character.

Zridv (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 12:29 PM

#65317, "RE: You should have told Eoria that!"
In response to Reply #7

Well, you had "just" made it into range when she went away for a little bit. Zridv knew IC she would be away for a week or something, so there was little point seeing as you deleted before she returned to normal playing times. I was made Shadow Lord by the imms because she was gone and had requested it. Anyway, bummer, but i'm sure you can come back strong.

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 01:01 PM
1216 posts
#65318, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #8

I'll be around in one form or another.

Cezar (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 01:23 PM

#65319, "RE: Keshuk's goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

You had my number that time we dueled. It was mostly the lighning vuln that did it. Although, the most frustrating part was constantly missing you with my attacks. That time and the time we fought near Darsylon I was nearly cursing at my screen because I just kept missing. I don't really think landing my attacks would have gotten me the victory in Maethien because that lightning attack was just too devastating. It would have made me feel better though. Playing this dagger spec I try to get into a rhythm with my attacks, and I just can't get into that rhythm when Im always missing.

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 01:42 PM
1216 posts
#65320, "I liked our duels"
In response to Reply #10

I don't think landing the skills would have helped that much (I geared a LOT of str/dex because I fought Noshaun quite a bit), but it might have made it harder to finish....just feel lucky I didn't use Thunderlance on you like I did with Zaderas. This is a one round charge...

You unleash the power stored in a Thunderlance!
Your abyssal fury *** DEMOLISHES *** Zaderas!
Seizing a lucky opportunity, you take advantage of the situation.
Your charge <<< ERADICATES >>> Zaderas!
Zaderas is DEAD!!
A Thunderlance glows with unholy light as it steals a piece of Zaderas's soul.

RogueMon 14-Jan-08 02:12 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65321, "RE: Keshuk's goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

Well, fwiw, I thought you were entirely inconsistent. The roleplay you had with people from logs, and what I saw from you, were entirely different. Far as I was concerned, you were just a pissed off kid trying to get the last word with me IC all the time.

Never saw the accent, anything about Empire, just pissed off kid.

Maybe you don't roleplay with enemies, or just didnt with me because of how I treated you (well deserved) in our pk match ups.

You wouldnt come near me or even the cabal after you lost the first unholy, and I rarely ever got a straight up fight with you. Almost every time it was only because I could catch you, or you had 30+ charges. Maybe that's AP roleplay, i wouldn't know.

As an ap sending tells to an enemy villager like How low can you go, or various assortments of other OOC'ish tells that are striclty related to how I am playing the character, rather than how the character is acting, just made me feel like not even talking to you, and all the more, looting the #### out of you.

Get that chip off your shoulder, and roll another one.

TwistMon 14-Jan-08 03:48 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65326, "One of the smack-down-ers..."
In response to Reply #3

"I can kind of understand your tribunal vs imperial law point but still"

I stepped in one time as the Imperial Prelate because you were deputized and attacked someone who hadn't attacked you in town.

That's against Imperial Law. Imperial Law doesn't say "don't break the law if it will get you flagged", it says "don't attack other people in town unless they are anathema or attacked you in that town". In this instance I scrolled back quite a ways to see if anyone had attacked you (I don't think you were in combat with Ambra, it was Denaitsomething), and nobody had. I even asked other imms who were logged in if I had missed something, and they said "well he's deputized, but other than that no."

This was the one where you got assassinated in your guild almost right after, and I felt bad for you because of that, so you ended up getting a little cb smackdown and a warning, rather than any sort of demotion.

I didn't do any of the other stuff, good or bad, that I recall, so I can't comment on it. All in all you were pretty easy to spot, and I think you've got a lot of good insights on the anti-paladin class. You should, after all the times playing it.

GLWYN

TorakMon 14-Jan-08 04:19 PM
1216 posts
#65333, "Yeah it was my fault..."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Mon 14-Jan-08 04:20 PM

...for misunderstanding the Imperial Law. I actually ran and read it when you said to and it said "no attacking" not "don't break the law" - I figured I wasn't breaking the law. I don't think I made or ever will make that mistake again....looking over the log, I did hit Ambra first - I thought I got earthquaked or something but she aimed straight at Loryin. He should have grouped me, but oh well...thanks though.

By the way, that assassin has got to be the cheapest character I've seen in this game - he's been around forever and just assassinates people totally naked and ransoms their gear for quest information. Glad I lied to him on pretty much everything to get my gear/unholy back.

If you're reading this, delete your assassin and stop being an OOC ass.

DC-lazy (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 05:17 PM

#65338, "RE: Yeah it was my fault..."
In response to Reply #15

>By the way, that assassin has got to be the cheapest character
>I've seen in this game - he's been around forever and just
>assassinates people totally naked and ransoms their gear for
>quest information. Glad I lied to him on pretty much
>everything to get my gear/unholy back.
>
>If you're reading this, delete your assassin and stop being an
>OOC ass.

It boggles me why some people take the most interesting roleplay actions and call them OOC, but then take blatantly OOC actions and call them IC.

DerexalMon 14-Jan-08 06:16 PM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
#65341, "I threaten to blow up everyones house"
In response to Reply #3

Even my own. You're nobody special, and you're certainly not being completely honest in your assessment of events that transpired homey.

You are one of those IRC cheaters as well, might as well fess up to it while you're trying to drag everyone else under the bus.

ValguarneraMon 14-Jan-08 06:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65344, "RE: Keshuk's goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

And for the Immortal who told them who reported it, nice bang-up job since I asked to be anonymous - I get enough troll parades as it is, you'd figure someone helping you would get a small request like that.

Given that the incident in question involved only Keshuk and the two accused, and that apparently the entire planet knew who was playing Keshuk, largely because you were asking around IRC for ranking groups, etc., it's going to be hard for anyone to "protect" your identity. How can they discuss the incident without referring to the incident?

One way to prevent any further repercussions from the spammers in question would simply be to not tell other people who you are playing in the future, which has been our recommendation to you for a long time. Solves all kinds of OOC problems.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

TorakTue 15-Jan-08 05:32 PM
1216 posts
#65360, "I think we can agree..."
In response to Reply #19

...you don't really need a specific reason to ban Kanye. It could have been other people to report it and a random immortal could have been snooping the fight.

And yeah, I'm done with #dangeroom.

dr (Guest)Tue 15-Jan-08 08:45 PM

#65363, "agree/disagree"
In response to Reply #20

Wholly agreed on the first part.

As for the second, please do not insinuate that being in #dangeroom in any way forces you to reveal who your character is. That is the choice of the player.

Secondly, do not insinuate that you are done with #dangeroom as if it were a personal choice of yours. The incident in question was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. You repeatedly acted like an arrogant ass and were banned repeatedly. You requested various Ops to let you back in. After this occured, they banned you permanently.

#dangeroom is not the hotbed of cheating you claim it to be, and people who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones.

KrilcovK (Guest)Sun 13-Jan-08 11:52 PM

#65294, "Ag, I wish I met more people not like you."
In response to Reply #0

I hate being so negative on these posts.
Calling me from half way across thera so I could fill
your eq gaps with stuff I worked hard to get was ####.
Ordering oaths to go here go there, every fifteen minutes
is bs. I understand its empire, but People have lives rl
and want to play carrionfields, not Keshuk's Hour.
After I told you off before deleting Deniv....
You did better from what I heard on the cb with my other char.

On the Other hand

You did well in pk, you rped good, stuck it out. And rolled
with the punches extremely well. I think this was a job
well done over all.

Padraig (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 12:48 AM

#65299, "Farewell."
In response to Reply #1

You were a good ally. I didn't rank up quite as fast as you so towards the end of your life there was a bit of a disconnect, but it was fun splatting people while it lasted.

I will echo the criticism of your gear-obsession tho. It's not cool when you take groupmates to kill something that's clearly out of your league and get them killed.

Other than that, good character from what I saw, and good luck with your next.

DC-lazy (Guest)Mon 14-Jan-08 06:26 PM

#65307, "Not defending Keshuk but..."
In response to Reply #1

...Do you ever have anything nice to say about anyone? It seems like all you do is bitch about everyone else who plays this game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65238 Previous topic | Next topic