Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Aldonius the Legend of the Battlefiel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65133
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 10-Jan-08 10:20 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65133, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Aldonius the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Jan 10 21:16:05 2008

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Aldonius perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:175

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Meh., Twist, 11-Jan-08 01:17 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Meh., Cezar (Guest), 11-Jan-08 01:37 AM, #2
     Reply One word: Stumped, Kiraan (Guest), 11-Jan-08 06:28 AM, #3
     Reply RE: One word: Stumped, Twist, 11-Jan-08 09:25 AM, #6
     Reply We had some really good ones., Zridv (Guest), 11-Jan-08 07:55 AM, #4
     Reply Yep., Twist, 11-Jan-08 09:21 AM, #5
     Reply Oh I see!, Cirledan (Guest), 11-Jan-08 09:27 AM, #7
     Reply Remember ranking with you in lowbie levels!, Kelteon (Guest), 11-Jan-08 10:33 AM, #8
     Reply Ah yes..., Twist, 11-Jan-08 01:18 PM, #10
     Reply Yep..., Twist, 11-Jan-08 01:19 PM, #11
     Reply Ahh regrets, Llorenz, 11-Jan-08 10:50 AM, #9
     Reply You scared me., Twist, 11-Jan-08 01:20 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Meh., Doriach (Guest), 11-Jan-08 02:10 PM, #13
     Reply You're not alone..., Bjorn (Guest), 11-Jan-08 04:44 PM, #15
     Reply Yep..., Twist, 11-Jan-08 05:03 PM, #17
          Reply This brings me to something., Draktel1 (Guest), 13-Jan-08 12:38 AM, #21
               Reply Yep..., Twist, 14-Jan-08 09:13 AM, #23
     Reply I thought you were a newbie., Forsakens (Guest), 11-Jan-08 02:41 PM, #14
     Reply I'm not surprised..., Twist, 11-Jan-08 04:59 PM, #16
     Reply How close were you?, Trevant_ (Guest), 12-Jan-08 04:35 AM, #18
     Reply Strangely, I don't have it logged..., Twist, 14-Jan-08 09:05 AM, #22
     Reply You turned the tide., GularysKrilcov (Guest), 12-Jan-08 02:32 PM, #19
     Reply It was fun interacting with you., Mulmeru (Guest), 13-Jan-08 12:27 AM, #20

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 01:17 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65139, "Meh."
In response to Reply #0

Staff/whip human warrior with maelstrom and striking.
Not a terrible combo, but not one I'd try again.

Nexus was cool. I tried to "fix" some of the things I'd seen as Twist by being a semi-leader within the cabal (but quietly, not overtly). I think I accomplished some of that.

Lost interest in the character. Thought about hanging on to him, but once the interest was gone, it was gone.

Goodbyes:
Iltch: Solid leader, annoying as hell to the opposition (they kept telling me), semi-annoying to your cabalmates, but (and?) you seem to be getting the job done.
Kiraan: The opposite of Iltch in terms of attitude, which is perfect. Also a solid leader.

Other Nexuns: You all seemed pretty good with a couple exceptions who I won't name (if you can't say anything nice...).

Enemies:
Cezar: When you're dead, I'll post the log of that fight. I had 8 hp left when you died. Nice fights.
Harol: Annoying as all hell. Dash n ham aldo, drive s into ragerville. Bleh. Nice work.
Yevandr: Bleh. I didn't get to fight you one vs. one I don't think. You'd probably have wiped the floor with me.
Sananto: Nice work. I did post the log of that fight.
Others: Most of the village seemed pretty cool.

I didn't really interact with a ton of non-rager non-nexus. I doubt anyone will remember much of me. Maybe Cirledan, you were cool. Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone. Post and I'll respond.

Cezar (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 01:37 AM

#65142, "RE: Meh."
In response to Reply #1

I'd like to see the log. I don't mind if you post it now. I actually think that happened more than once. Like that time you and Boggligz raided and I had you entwined at the destructor. I don't know why I didn't redirect then rip you. Heh, I had to laugh at the fights though. It could have went either way, but regardless of the outcome, it was definately fun. And thats what I play for, the fun! Anyway, from an enemy standpoint, you were a respectable nexun and a challenging foe.

Kiraan (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 06:28 AM

#65149, "One word: Stumped"
In response to Reply #1

Who could have thought it was Twist, THE god of magic, sitting in our midst and listening to our conversations!

I'm frigging shocked. And that's what so cool about CF!

And Aldonius seems to know his way about - even brought me to places I've not known. That was so fun. And I remember the mob fight we had. It took more than 15 mins of real time just to kill the fellow.

I kept looking over the shoulder to see if my boss was passing. And I just couldn't leave my seat, just in case something cropped up.

I voted you! Too bad you deleted. Thought so when I noticed you didn't seem to be showing up more often.

PS. Do any of the imms know you were playing Aldonius?

Jeez, I'm totally floored.

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 09:25 AM
3431 posts
#65154, "RE: One word: Stumped"
In response to Reply #3

>Who could have thought it was Twist, THE god of magic,
>sitting in our midst and listening to our conversations!

But I always play mortals as mortals. Aldonius wasn't actually all that impressed by Twist, since Twist is more about pro-magic than Balance. Aldo was very by-the-book balance-wise. If magic was too strong, he'd weaken it by giving stuff to Tahren (or trying to kill mages or whatever). Twist would have hated that.

>I'm frigging shocked. And that's what so cool about CF!

>And Aldonius seems to know his way about - even brought me to
>places I've not known. That was so fun. And I remember the mob
>fight we had. It took more than 15 mins of real time just to
>kill the fellow.

That was a fun fight. Druids are so versatile - you being able to be a bear for the short time we needed to get his mace away from him was the only reason we were able to even fight him.

>I kept looking over the shoulder to see if my boss was
>passing. And I just couldn't leave my seat, just in case
>something cropped up.
>
>I voted you! Too bad you deleted. Thought so when I noticed
>you didn't seem to be showing up more often.

Thank god I didn't win the vote. Hunsobo was a leader char, then my next was Fobrin who ended up getting Marshall right before I lost interest, and then I'd have won the vote and lost interest too? BLEH.
Again, thank god. Also, you and Iltch are infinitely more qualified than Aldonius was.

>PS. Do any of the imms know you were playing Aldonius?

I don't think anyone did until right up toward the end of his lifespan.

>Jeez, I'm totally floored.

Zridv (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 07:55 AM

#65151, "We had some really good ones."
In response to Reply #1

Maybe striking doesn't work for you, but it sure works really well for certain elf/d-elf warriors. To the point where the battle goes from lopsided my way, to lopsided their way in a very very short time. The only chance I then have is trance, and I've also watched my vanish fail six times in a row against it. Anyway, small rant off topic. I looked forward to fighting you more. I knew you would give me a straight up fight.

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 09:21 AM
3431 posts
#65153, "Yep."
In response to Reply #4

We did have good fights. You were the only assassin out there that "scared" me. Though I'm sure you were a little shocked when I started tripping you when you were hidden.

After that I didn't have any surprises up my sleeve for you, and you worked me pretty handily IIRC.

Cirledan (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 09:27 AM

#65155, "Oh I see!"
In response to Reply #1

Lots of people don't trust Nexus and don't really like them. But I befriended a few of you at least. The light never tipped much so I didn't have too much to worry about. heh

But I liked you especially because I could tell you didn't want to do anything that hurt magic. Go figure! That's why I always tried to help you out with any items I may have had or if I found a staff or whatever.

Sorry I just let you die to Philis that one time in Voralian but I never wanted to be the guy that just helps everybody kill others. I figured you had her! But it all works out.

Kelteon (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 10:33 AM

#65156, "Remember ranking with you in lowbie levels!"
In response to Reply #7

My good friend Aldonious! Firget about mer! We lost contact after we both went our seperate ways. Me fort and you Nexus. I just remember ranking with you when Kelteon first started in the For est of Nowhere. Tried to keep in contact see how you were doing all through my life. Good character....

Kelteon

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 01:18 PM
3431 posts
#65168, "Ah yes..."
In response to Reply #8

I always had a fondness for you because I was fairly certain you were semi-new, so I sorta tried to help you as much as a NN balance-guy (who wasn't in Nexus yet so he couldn't tell the balance) should.

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 01:19 PM
3431 posts
#65169, "Yep..."
In response to Reply #7

I thought I had Philis too. Deathblow FTW!

LlorenzFri 11-Jan-08 10:50 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2008
12 posts
#65157, "Ahh regrets"
In response to Reply #1

Damn it Twist!

I saw you running around all the time, and for some odd reason you just were never on my radar. Except for Iltch most of nexus just left me alone I guess. I wish I had killed you while I had the chance.

Llorenz

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 01:20 PM
3431 posts
#65170, "You scared me."
In response to Reply #9

I was pretty sure you'd nuke me if we met up. Thankfully you were a mage, so when Dark was overpowering and Magic was 'just right' or 'too weak' I had a reason not to attack you. Found duergar ragers or non-mage Imperials or the like, instead.

Doriach (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 02:10 PM

#65171, "RE: Meh."
In response to Reply #1

The one time we fought when I was sub-45 and you were hero was fun. I sent you running, you found me, I got cocky then BARELY lived.

Didn't get a chance to RP with you much, but its a shame you couldn't give Nexus a Huns-esq presence for its players to look up to. I really wish more players were like you (and like I try to be) about looting. I really admire that about you.

Bjorn (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 04:44 PM

#65179, "You're not alone..."
In response to Reply #13

I try to only take what I need, and if I need 10 pieces, I just take 3-4 at most.

So, your not alone, just wish more would be like us.

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 05:03 PM
3431 posts
#65181, "Yep..."
In response to Reply #13

You were tougher than you should have been at that point. It was annoying.

As for the looting thing, I wasn't always this way. As Lachdanan (perhaps one of my best-known chars from the past), I would regularly full loot/sac evil chars, because he *hated* evil so much. He saw saccing an evilguy as a way to make them take more time to go kill goods. I look back at that with some regret. While yes it is VALID roleplay, it was unnecessary. Especially saccing skull rings and charred leather bracers. Bleh.

Playing Hunsobo was (obviously) the easiest time I had with not looting my foes. When you've got every piece of eq you want, mostly, it becomes a lot easier to not take stuff. If I took something, when he had the uberset, it was generally to give a powerful item (cloak of displacement, fulminator gauntlets, etc.) to someone who was a very close ally (Waserax, Ktaar, maybe Vezrith if I was feeling spunky ).

Draktel1 (Guest)Sun 13-Jan-08 12:38 AM

#65222, "This brings me to something."
In response to Reply #17

You know Twisty, I'm not sure how many people know just how different things could have been. You and Vezrith were both good allies of mine. I wonder if there always was an animosity between you two after I told you both, either one of yo ucould be replaced as War Master with the other if they won a battle. How did you feel about that whole thing? I thought he made a few key mistakes in that fight against you. I do wonder how things would have gone had he won. Ah well, reminiscing.

TwistMon 14-Jan-08 09:13 AM
3431 posts
#65306, "Yep..."
In response to Reply #21

Let's be real though, man. You initially made me War Master because (to a degree) I had earned it and (more importantly) we were headed to Hell and tactics on both of us was going to be helpful.

Then when Vezrith and I duelled, and I won, and then the post-duel stuff...I mean you *could* have demoted me and promoted him. Hunsobo's role would have been such that he just followed Vezrith, no hard feelings, no scheming.

There's a lot of turning points in any given character's life. Hell, even Zorszaul could have failed to lich. Or not gotten certain phylacs that made him very hard to kill. And so on. Draktel could have gotten busted harder than he did by Grurk, and the frustration of it could have caused you to delete, even.

As for animosity...well, Hunsobo was "Loyal Imperial soldier-guy" so he obviously didn't feel animosity. He was always watchful, because he knew Vezrith was the only one who could truly "challenge" him. One reason he voted for Kharg rather than attempting to scheme for the Throne himself was he didn't want Kharg finding out and being at all threatened and demoting him to promote Vezrith (that and the fact that everyone and their dog knew Kharg deserved to be Empress).

I'm wondering what mistakes you think he made? Not quaffing a reduce? If I'd have tried to bash and failed, I'd have fled instantly and reduced myself. He missed his hamstring (or whatever skill he started with) - bad luck on his part. After that he was permalagged through the whole fight. I presume he used as much damage resist as he could....I just don't know where you think he erred?

Forsakens (Guest)Fri 11-Jan-08 02:41 PM

#65173, "I thought you were a newbie."
In response to Reply #1

It's funny how people can come across the first few times you meet them! Har.

TwistFri 11-Jan-08 04:59 PM
3431 posts
#65180, "I'm not surprised..."
In response to Reply #14

1. The Hunsobo type char is the rarity for me. More often my chars are like Droba, Fobrin, or Aldonius. Don't remember them? Not surprising.

2. I generally play laid-back chars who will let others be the leader of groups and pretend to not be a complete veteran. I find it makes getting groups easier if you fill in the slot that is needed.

Example: I join a group with a very well-geared and knowledgeable assassin, and a poorly geared bard who is fairly obviously a new player. I act the middle-guy, and let mr. knowledgeable be all bossy, and just try to be competant.

Example: I join a group with two obviously competant and knowledgeable chars. I won't talk a whole lot, but I'll ask questions here and there. Often I'll actually learn something, if I just shut up and listen.

Example: I join a group where I'm clearly by far the most knowledgeable (two new players, or people who are new to the alignment/class type they are playing). I'll lead the group gladly, and be very wise in choices of where to level/who to attack/etc. But I still won't tell someone how to play their class.

Trevant_ (Guest)Sat 12-Jan-08 04:35 AM

#65202, "How close were you?"
In response to Reply #1

I thought I had you for sure when I jumped your group in ruins of the deep.

TwistMon 14-Jan-08 09:05 AM
3431 posts
#65305, "Strangely, I don't have it logged..."
In response to Reply #18

I searched all my logs for "Trevant is" and couldn't find any.

I vaguely remember it. I remember thinking "I'll run to dry land, he won't chase me here because I'll OUCH HOLY #### NETS ARE KICKING MY fle fle fle fle".

I was probably pretty near death.

GularysKrilcov (Guest)Sat 12-Jan-08 02:32 PM

#65209, "You turned the tide."
In response to Reply #1

I remember when I ranked with you, with one of my chars, and you seemed distant... Later with another char you came along and slaughtered me all buisnesslike..didnt know you where a nexun.
With gularys you struck me and I still didnt know you where nexun..but i knew you where neutral and I was wondering wtf.
I ran into you with 35% health, ran and baited, talked some bs...
Never preped or healed from eastern road to eastride. And I think I three rounded you... one of the few fights I won at hero.
After that you took good care of me. I notice you changed your tactics.... and I was too burnt up on my 95dmg char who just drummed... to try any othere mastered skills...

Nice under the radar job.

Mulmeru (Guest)Sun 13-Jan-08 12:27 AM

#65221, "It was fun interacting with you."
In response to Reply #1

As always you are fun to interact with, Twist.
We had solid fights most of the time and I found them quite fun.
I was hoping to fight you some more but I kept getting my weapons taken by IIltch.
He was a pain in my ass and it was not worth regearing every 10 minutes.

Next time I should roll a duergar.

I will see you in the fields.
~Zephon

Ps. Post any logs of me that you wish. I lost all the ones I had with you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65133 Previous topic | Next topic