Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Faruuk the Disciple of Ancient Ways" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64771
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-Jan-08 07:06 PM
Member since 12th May 2024
16842 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64771, "(DELETED) [None] Faruuk the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Tue Jan 1 16:40:27 2008

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Faruuk perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:73

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Thread locked. Tired of cleaning up unfounded accusati..., Valguarnera, 03-Jan-08 07:07 PM, #29
Reply I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly were ..., Shaapa (Guest), 02-Jan-08 10:49 AM, #7
Reply RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..., Jhyrbian, 02-Jan-08 11:03 AM, #8
     Reply RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..., Shaapa (Guest), 02-Jan-08 11:26 AM, #9
          Reply RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..., Jhyrbian, 02-Jan-08 11:46 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Faruuk the Disciple of Ancient Way..., Jhyrbian, 01-Jan-08 06:24 PM, #1
     Reply Who exactly were you?, incognito, 01-Jan-08 06:28 PM, #2
     Reply Good Riddance. n/t, Stunna1 (Guest), 01-Jan-08 11:44 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Good Riddance. n/t, Jhyrbian, 02-Jan-08 03:05 AM, #4
          Reply P.S For the Imms, Jhyrbian, 02-Jan-08 03:26 AM, #6
          Reply We've had a lot of chars together in the past...in diff..., Minyar1 (Guest), 02-Jan-08 09:20 PM, #13
               Reply Because he should be able to hang out with friends, Derexal, 02-Jan-08 10:09 PM, #14
                    Reply and we deserve Level playing grounds, Pissed off (Guest), 02-Jan-08 10:15 PM, #15
                    Reply (not to say all dangeroomers do this), pissed off (Guest), 02-Jan-08 10:17 PM, #16
                    Reply It happens even more on private messenger services., Derexal, 03-Jan-08 02:04 AM, #18
                    Reply Before you start flinging out wild accusations, NMTehW (Guest), 02-Jan-08 11:36 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: Before you start flinging out wild accusations, Daevryn, 03-Jan-08 02:36 AM, #19
                              Reply Well your experience is different to mine., NMtehW (Guest), 03-Jan-08 05:13 AM, #20
                                   Reply Heh, Drokk1 (Guest), 03-Jan-08 05:20 AM, #21
                                   Reply RE: Well your experience is different to mine., Daevryn, 03-Jan-08 09:08 AM, #24
                                        Reply RE: Well your experience is different to mine., Jhyrbian, 03-Jan-08 09:49 AM, #25
                    Reply I'm not saying he shouldn't., Minyar1 (Guest), 03-Jan-08 07:59 AM, #23
          Reply I guess there isn't any honor among thieves. n/t, stunna1 (Guest), 02-Jan-08 01:00 PM, #11
          Reply Good. Another #dangeroomer gone., oero, 02-Jan-08 05:49 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Good. Another #dangeroomer gone., WarEagle2 (Guest), 03-Jan-08 06:03 AM, #22
               Reply If he cheated, why show him respect?, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 03-Jan-08 12:49 PM, #26
                    Reply RE: If he cheated, why show him respect?, WarEagle2 (Guest), 03-Jan-08 02:53 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Good. Another #dangeroomer gone., Jhyrbian, 03-Jan-08 01:22 PM, #27
     Reply That sucks, you seem like you would of been fun, Kynaian (Guest), 02-Jan-08 03:25 AM, #5

ValguarneraThu 03-Jan-08 07:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64831, "Thread locked. Tired of cleaning up unfounded accusati..."
In response to Reply #0

Got proof of a rules violation? Email the IMPs.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Shaapa (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 10:49 AM

#64791, "I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly were ..."
In response to Reply #0

Whenever i (Zasra) saw you or Zenrak near i was sure another one would be near in few ticks as well. Usually you both were already there.

I'm glad i've killed you and Zenrak, very sad i didn't have time to full sac because another one would come to the corpse of his buddy in a tick or two.

Had much more respect to your past characters but lost all respect after this char.

JhyrbianWed 02-Jan-08 11:03 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64792, "RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..."
In response to Reply #7

I was asked by others to relieve you of some of your hard earned lowbie loot, I was payed very well to do it too so I didn't really care who I was with when I tried.

You'll have to excuse me if losing the respect of a titled lowbie looter doesn't phase me.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

Shaapa (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 11:26 AM

#64794, "RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..."
In response to Reply #8

You have tryed and you have failed, i won. You have died and your ooc buddy have died.

I wasn't speaking about you trying, i was speaking about you cheating (you and your ooc buddy Zenrak).

JhyrbianWed 02-Jan-08 11:46 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64795, "RE: I didn't pray about it but you and Zenrak clearly w..."
In response to Reply #9

I love reading posts written in russglish.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

JhyrbianTue 01-Jan-08 06:24 PM
917 posts
#64775, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Faruuk the Disciple of Ancient Way..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm done. Everyone can go #### themselves.

Cheers,
Jhyrb

incognitoTue 01-Jan-08 06:28 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64776, "Who exactly were you?"
In response to Reply #1

I used to see you on, but I never knew who you sided with, if anyone, and I never saw you around anywhere.

Stunna1 (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 11:44 PM

#64780, "Good Riddance. n/t"
In response to Reply #1

asdf

JhyrbianWed 02-Jan-08 03:05 AM
917 posts
#64784, "RE: Good Riddance. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

I took an extra day to think about deleting but I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt. I can't handle playing a game with people like Aether who will cry to the imms and make #### up about me cheating because I tell him I won't level his character when he starts begging me on MIRC. OH COME ON MAN I NEED LEVEL 40. COME ON LOG IN, LOG IN LOG IN LOG IN LOG IN LOG IN.. I JUST NEED 2 MORE LEVELS I REALLY NEED THESE LEVELS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Yeah, #### you, like you said Aether. Some people DO grow up and you're not one of them.

When the imms actually believe Aether and decide to start slaying and transferring me to the ROTD whenever anything happens to my char.. Well, that's a game I can do without, and will do without.

Enjoy 2008, down one player.

Cheers

JhyrbianWed 02-Jan-08 03:26 AM
917 posts
#64787, "P.S For the Imms"
In response to Reply #4

Like I said to whoever I was dealing with, I understand your position and it sucks, so i'm sure you will understand mine.

Cheers,

Minyar1 (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 09:20 PM

#64802, "We've had a lot of chars together in the past...in diff..."
In response to Reply #6

Why not ditch the MIRC crew and then you won't have to worry about it? Wrong or right.

Aaron

DerexalWed 02-Jan-08 10:09 PM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64803, "Because he should be able to hang out with friends"
In response to Reply #13

Without fear of retribution for having a good time
and chatting?

Pissed off (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 10:15 PM

#64804, "and we deserve Level playing grounds"
In response to Reply #14

Where OOC friends can't equip each other, gangbang and get other undeserved advantages.

I could be completely mistaken, of course. You never know. Evil characters are pretty charitable sometimes. Going out and killing the midnight dragon for level 2s is kosher, right? Pffft

pissed off (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 10:17 PM

#64805, "(not to say all dangeroomers do this)"
In response to Reply #15

I didn't want to implicate folks just for chatting it up. That's fine. Just don't pretend other #### doesn't happen on a daily basis.

DerexalThu 03-Jan-08 02:04 AM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
#64813, "It happens even more on private messenger services."
In response to Reply #16

At least in dangeroom some of us can regulate whats done and whats not.

If you want a level playing field, go play monopoly with your family.
You're gonna have a hell of a time finding one in anything online.

NMTehW (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 11:36 PM

#64812, "Before you start flinging out wild accusations"
In response to Reply #15

People kill that dragon for coin all the time. I've seen on occasion about 3 sets of unclaimed midnight dragon gear lying about. So it's not like you need to kill the dragon or even need much in the way of help to get it.

Not to mention that there are some fairly compelling and completely non-altruistic reasons for an evil character to deck out a lowbie in gear - future favours being the most obvious.

DaevrynThu 03-Jan-08 02:36 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#64814, "RE: Before you start flinging out wild accusations"
In response to Reply #17

>Not to mention that there are some fairly compelling and
>completely non-altruistic reasons for an evil character to
>deck out a lowbie in gear - future favours being the most
>obvious.

This seems extremely hard to justify to me in almost all cases for almost all realistically roleplayed evil characters.

Many lowbie characters will turn out to be incompetent buffoons later in life, if they survive.

Most lowbie characters will not survive to see higher levels. In a metagaming sense this is because of deletions. . . no matter how you look at it IC, any reasonably intelligent character is going to know that only a small fraction of those who set out as adventurers survive to become powerful or famous enough to be useful.

In the best of circumstances, investing in lowbie futures is an extremely risky, even stupid endeavor, not unlike drafting Michael Vick for next year's fantasy football team. It's actually worse than that, because you're almost certainly investing in a person that, even if by chance should survive and be in a position to be useful to you, would (i.e., being evil) have on incentive to repay your time and effort, and probably will even see you as a bigger sucker for having helped them for no reason.

All in all, you've got better odds of sending the next Nigerian general's son who needs some of your cash to get his father's money out of the country $20 and saying: "Send me back whatever you think I deserve."

NMtehW (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 05:13 AM

#64815, "Well your experience is different to mine."
In response to Reply #19

Your argument makes sense if people roleplay hardcore evils. But in my (rather more limited) experience, I've seen a different picture.

That is to say - according to a similar kind of logic, higher level characters shouldn't sell gear to lowbies either, but only two (i estimate 5%) that I met have reneged on their offer to pay thus far in my memory - despite being absolutely free to walk off with the gear without paying.

And if I was a non duergar AP with a strong weapon I sure as hell would be trying to make a few duergar friends at lowbie ranks.

Drokk1 (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 05:20 AM

#64816, "Heh"
In response to Reply #20

I always refuse helping lowbies if I play an evil. It makes zero
sense for precisely the reasons Daevryn stated.

As for getting help from the lowbies. It will usually come for free. Lots of lowbies scout on their own accord in the hopes of getting some loot from high level PK.

As for selling to lowbies. I don't hand over any items before having received the cash. That being said, I usually part with the item afterwards.

From the lowbie perspective, it works like spam email. You spam enough heroes and one of them might be bored/whatever enough to help you. That's fine, but I se no reason to encourage that kind of behaviour.

DaevrynThu 03-Jan-08 09:08 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#64819, "RE: Well your experience is different to mine."
In response to Reply #20

>That is to say - according to a similar kind of logic, higher
>level characters shouldn't sell gear to lowbies either, but
>only two (i estimate 5%) that I met have reneged on their
>offer to pay thus far in my memory - despite being absolutely
>free to walk off with the gear without paying.

I'd put: "I'll get you this gear for 30 gold right now, and you're going to give me the 30 gold first" in a different category than "I'll get you this gear right now, and someday when you're a hero you'll help me out. If you don't delete. Or join a different cabal. And decide to honor our nebulous bargain. And wouldn't have helped me anyway. And aren't completely incompetent. And feel like it. And all that happens before I die."

I mean, I'm just saying.

I think making some friends with detect hidden if you don't have it is reasonable, but since they usually have detect hidden right now that's not quite in the same category either.

JhyrbianThu 03-Jan-08 09:49 AM
917 posts
#64820, "RE: Well your experience is different to mine."
In response to Reply #24

My interactions like this are always reversed.. I give out the mad eq as a lowbie for future considerations from a hero. Worst case scenario I have someone who doesn't want to rape my face when I get into hero pk.

Cheers,
Jhyrb.

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 07:59 AM

#64818, "I'm not saying he shouldn't."
In response to Reply #14

I'm saying, it sounds like the root of the problem he had was related to it. I don't deny that I have IM friends that I talk to in the game. Guess how many play the same cabal as me most of the time? 0 In fact, most of them are enemies and we probably attempt to fight more than avoid it. Call it competition.

stunna1 (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 01:00 PM

#64797, "I guess there isn't any honor among thieves. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

asdf

oeroWed 02-Jan-08 05:49 PM
Member since 13th Nov 2007
45 posts
#64798, "Good. Another #dangeroomer gone."
In response to Reply #4

Do you know how difficult it is for imm's to correctly identify perma's? You've gotta be utterly blatant about it. Here you are bragging about ganging down someone with your perma.. As if it that was an accomplishment?? Christ, you've got some ####ing issues.

Let me sit down and pre-meditate a perma-combo to gang down one of your characters. Then I'll be cool enough to come back to #dangeroom, right?

Good riddance to bad players.

WarEagle2 (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 06:03 AM

#64817, "RE: Good. Another #dangeroomer gone."
In response to Reply #12

Good riddance to bad players is a silly thing to say. Without knowing any of this situation, him leaving isn't "good". You don't have to want him to come back, but you should show a little more respect to a guy that has CF'ed for over a decade?

P.S. Can you tell me how to most efficiently use your mana to heal?

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 12:49 PM

#64823, "If he cheated, why show him respect?"
In response to Reply #22

Playing something for a long time doesn't merit respect.

Killing lots of people if you cheated to do it doesn't merit respect. And I include ooc gear gathering in this, since it makes it easier to win when alone.

Sadly I've learnt that a lot of what appear to be the hard-ass characters are, in fact, just cheats who get their friends to log on and help them when they need it.

So if he did perma... good riddance. I don't buy the argument "must cheat because other people will if I don't".

WarEagle2 (Guest)Thu 03-Jan-08 07:06 PM

#64826, "RE: If he cheated, why show him respect?"
In response to Reply #26

Maybe you know something I don't, but I don't know if cheated or not.

I just think Oreo saying "good riddance" is out of sheer ignorance.

JhyrbianThu 03-Jan-08 01:22 PM
917 posts
#64824, "RE: Good. Another #dangeroomer gone."
In response to Reply #12

WTF are you reading? Where am I bragging about ganging anyone down with a perma? Where do you come up with these conclusions? And i'm the one with problems?

Hookay.

Kynaian (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 03:25 AM

#64786, "That sucks, you seem like you would of been fun"
In response to Reply #1

Too bad we didn't get to roll that one night, but I had some crazy IRL stuff going on so I had to leave. You'll be missed though, I know that much.. later Jhyrb.

-Kynaian Ahmatu'ili

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64771 Previous topic | Next topic