Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Soayel Nesta'loth the Healer of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64754
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Jan-08 02:32 AM
Member since 12th May 2024
16843 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64754, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Soayel Nesta'loth the Healer of the Waves, Cardinal of the Golden Sun"

Tue Jan 1 01:29:30 2008

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Soayel perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:395

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Soayel (Guest), 01-Jan-08 12:46 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Soayel (Guest), 01-Jan-08 12:50 PM, #2
     Reply Do you realize..., Mek (Guest), 01-Jan-08 12:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Do you realize..., Soayel (Guest), 01-Jan-08 02:15 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Isildur, 01-Jan-08 04:35 PM, #5
     Reply Nope..., Twist, 01-Jan-08 07:11 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Nope..., Ducktrainer. (Guest), 02-Jan-08 12:19 AM, #8
          Reply The talent is getting to the point, Theerkla, 02-Jan-08 06:07 AM, #9
          Reply Less talented than Soayel., Twist, 02-Jan-08 07:45 PM, #11
          Reply RE: Nope..., Isildur, 02-Jan-08 11:11 AM, #10
     Reply Awesome job., Forsakens (Guest), 01-Jan-08 05:40 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Braemir, 07-Jan-08 04:07 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Davet (Guest), 08-Jan-08 01:16 AM, #13

Soayel (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 12:46 PM

#64761, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well, it's the End for that one. I had quite a ride, but I couldn't continue to Age-Death as I would have wanted.

I love Fortress, love Healers, and eventually I may come back to it, but I couldn't continue. There are things I did that didn't go too well, things I would have wanted to do but never could. All in all however, I'm relatively happy with what I did.

This char had a few Firsts for me: First Tattoo, First Title, First Leader.

I never did anything too out of the ordinary, and that's probably what killed him a bit. Anyway, I loved the experience, and the current state of the Fortress (Very few members) have nothing to do with my Deletion. I've had my share of bad times quite a lot.

There's one thing I want to say to a lot of people : Stop Rage Deleting, or Deleting, right after being Inducted. It sucks to spend time for you only to have you delete not long after, and it doesn't help getting more numbers.

Induction themselves, I wasn't very harsh. However, if you would RP someone (God I had a lot of that) that got his parents killed, yada-yada... I didn't really care. However, if you were ANGRY and didn't uphold the principles of Acolytes regarding these murderers (but would do it for others) that wasn't good enough for me. You can't just go and follow all the Code of the Acolytes, except if it concerns parent's murderers or someone like that, and get inducted anyway. It is a perfectly valid role, but not for an Acolyte when you don't want to evolve.

Also, I stumbled across a few posts on Dio of peoples bitching about me helping some evils. I didn't want to explain myself at that time because I never do that with living char. My character was ORDERLY good, and ACOLYTE. His orderly behavior included LAWFUL. Usually, when I could help someone getting attacked in town, I would do it. When it was Evil vs Evil, I still did. Why ? Because he was an ACOLYTE, and he knew he had more chances to help evils get on the right track by SHOWING them what it was all about, being GOOD. Why help the Orc above the Assassin, in Voralian (that started all that crap) ? Because the assassin was pissing everyone off in the Fortress, screwing them over, and over again. I was preferring to see him dead by the Orc, besides the assassin would also regularly attack in town.

Another time I healed an Evil bard (Abby, if I remember well), was a group of lowbies ranking on elves in darsylon. The bard wasn't dead but couldn't do anything either (mortally wounded), and his gnome friend had called on me. They left Darsylon alone, as far as I know, and I had several nice RP sessions with that one afterward, and it was one thing that kept me going on.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have a very bad memory of names, so don't hesitate to comment and reply.

Rayihn: Of course you come first. You were the whole reason for this character. I enjoyed every interactions we had, and I'm sorry I wasn't a better follower. I realized pretty early that my concept s*cked and I couldn't do all I would have wanted, but you still gave me my chance. Thanks for everything. I can't compare your tattoo with others since this was my first, and maybe it didn't trigger often because I was a healer, but I don't think it fires often/sooner enough. But maybe I didn't see everything it did either...

Niheriva: Good captain, and thanks for everything. Our views would usually be very different on all topics we would talk, but usually when I would question your position, it was only to make sure you really believed in it. It's one thing to say something, it's another to believe in it. And you were always very consistent and ready to defend your point. Thumbs up !

Niela: I would have liked to see you continue on, and I always enjoyed your company. But you really should have tried to help yourself and be helped, and gradually getting "spiritually" better. Anyway, still enjoyed seeing you around every time we did.

Hunsobo: You were a beast... Every time you were around, we would expect you to come knocking at our doors. I'm supprised I didn't die too often, and I can't count the number of times I fled with under 20-50hp. But we also did have a few interesting RP sessions, and it was nice to deal with.

Ktaar/Ildrim: Man.. You two would ruin anyone's day. You were competent assassins, and everyone would be on their toes when you were around. That Miraculous Foresight saved my ass more than I can think of, but you I think you two still succeeded on an Assassination once, each.. I'm sure you had to rethink your strategy with me around.

Anyway, for the others... Just post and I should respond.

Soayel

Soayel (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 12:50 PM

#64762, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Oh ... He was a Fracking MALE. Why did I kept being called lady, etc ??? Just because he was a Healer ?? Peoples should read the "help names" a little more. And maybe LOOK a little more, where it say "MALE ELF".

And in doubt, it's better to just say "Greetings" than "Greetings lady" and look stupid...

Worst thing was being called Lady on the CB ...

Mek (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 12:56 PM

#64763, "Do you realize..."
In response to Reply #1

That this character should have been deleted months ago? I mean, even your shout outs are for characters who have been gone for months. I didn't know Soayel, but to me it just seemed like another one of those characters who gets a leader spot and then squats on it forever (and I really, really detest that). I am sure Soayel was great in his time, but ya really need to throw that towel in earlier, man. Let other people have the chance.

Soayel (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 02:15 PM

#64765, "RE: Do you realize..."
In response to Reply #3

Yes, I know. I actually wanted to write it, but completly forgot... Yes, I wanted to delete a while ago, and I should have. When Braemir got the Elder spot, I was thinking about it, but then he Hero-Immed and I didn't want to leave the Fort without Acolyte Leader. So when Dey took the Elder spot, I should have deleted then.

Then again, in this case, with the numbers in the Fort, not sure that would have changed anything... There's a lot more Marans than Acolytes...

IsildurTue 01-Jan-08 04:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64766, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

>Hunsobo: You were a beast...

Buck up, man. If I remember correctly you killed him once. That still makes me chuckle.

TwistTue 01-Jan-08 07:11 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#64777, "Nope..."
In response to Reply #5

That was the other (less talented, IMO) elf healer...Xenillia or something.

And in reality it was your fault.

Ducktrainer. (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 12:19 AM

#64781, "RE: Nope..."
In response to Reply #7

Less talented huh? Yer saying spamming bash is the sign of
real talent? *grin*

Ducktrainer.

TheerklaWed 02-Jan-08 06:07 AM
1055 posts
#64788, "The talent is getting to the point"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Wed 02-Jan-08 06:07 AM

where spamming bash is all that's needed for most fights, and knowing when not to spam bash.

TwistWed 02-Jan-08 07:45 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#64800, "Less talented than Soayel."
In response to Reply #8

Only my opinion, but it was pretty rare that someone on Soayel's watch got bashed down by me before Soayel worded them. Can't say the same for the other guy (who got the pk on me).

Clearly both were more talented than *I* am.

IsildurWed 02-Jan-08 11:11 AM
5969 posts
#64793, "RE: Nope..."
In response to Reply #7

Oh, that's right. Even more shameful. Har.

Forsakens (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 05:40 PM

#64770, "Awesome job."
In response to Reply #1

I interacted with you several times and appreciated how you played being an Acolyte. You did it well even when it probably wasn't fun or you could have been away doing something else more entertaining.

Thanks for saving a few lowbies of mine, too!

BraemirMon 07-Jan-08 04:07 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2007
45 posts
#64935, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Well, we didn't get to interact alot, but it was fun talking with you in game when we could. I tried to learn from you as you were the experianced Acolyte as often as I could. Not to mention picking up of the religious dogma of Rayihn, as there seemed to be few of them around now a days.

As far as deleting goes and stepping down, if there was someone who fit the Cardinal posistion it would have been one thing to step down earlier. Since there wasn't, no big deal honestly being scarce. But all in all, I hope you enjoyed the character and good luck with your next.

Braemir

Davet (Guest)Tue 08-Jan-08 01:16 AM

#64960, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Why do you like healers? I've thought about playing one, but I'm a little turned off about not being able to PK very well, or is this a misconception? I've looked in the PBF's and haven't seen anything particularly deathly about them, so what's the allure?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64754 Previous topic | Next topic