Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Phidelumai the Master of Size" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64402
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 20-Dec-07 10:56 PM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64402, "(DELETED) [None] Phidelumai the Master of Size"

Thu Dec 20 21:53:28 2007

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Phidelumai perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:33
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:53

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

new friend nt (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-07 05:20 PM

#64437, "Was getting assassinated the straw that broke the camel..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Phidelumai (Guest)Fri 21-Dec-07 06:54 PM

#64439, "It was several things."
In response to Reply #1

I just wasn't feeling Phidelumai. I had a role that got good imm experience (though no mention in the role contest). I wasn't pked too much but I had several experience draining deaths that really bothered me. Utility forms are fun but my second level forms actually fought as good if not better than my third level and that seems off to me.

I really do like the changes to shifters and this is not a complaint about the changes but rather my observations about my own experience with my choice. Mind you I was Utility/Utility (big mistake) and only got to my third tier forms so please read the next paragraphs with that in mind.

I've always felt utility forms should be a Balance between Offense and Defense. Better defensively than an offensive form and better offensively than a defensive form but I really didnt find that to be the case. Utility now seems to be weak offensively & defensively with only the utilitarian aspects having any benefit. Mind you I enjoyed that I was able to Swim, Fly, Hide, forestblend, marshblend.. really fun stuff and the diversity was great but this is a pk mud and combat ability needs to be there and it wasn't.

Usually starting with the second tier forms you start to hold your own and contribute to the group but I couldn't tank with any form and did so little damage compared to everyone else including other shifters that I actually felt like I was holding them back. If I had had some way to tank or perhaps help the person tanking with a utility ability then I might think utility has something to offer to a group but from my experience with the forms I had there was little.

Ultimately I think Utility forms are more what the name implies, forms that give the player abilities that not combat oriented and that are likely not given by any other focus. That being said I would never recommend anyone going Utility/Utility as I did. The great thing about utility is the lower forms are all useful at all ranks. If you wish to be a Utility major choose either Defense or Offense to round it out so you can be more valuable in group/pk situations.

My other issue was with trying to get into Outlanders. Likely it was all me that made them not want to speak with me but heck, If I need to learn more to get in at least talk to me. And apparently Folsa is away and the other leaders did not want to talk either.

--Phidelumai

Xenoroyal1 (Guest)Sat 22-Dec-07 03:35 AM

#64455, "All I have to say is : level 33 n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64402 Previous topic | Next topic