Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurken the Warrior of the Shield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64048
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 06-Dec-07 10:08 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16832 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64048, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurken the Warrior of the Shield"

Thu Dec 6 21:04:05 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ghurken perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:34
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:48

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply A rather disappointing go of it, Armonk (Guest), 07-Dec-07 05:20 PM, #3
Reply That 25 exp for a "Well fought" battle...., Pro (Guest), 10-Dec-07 08:40 PM, #4
Reply Actually, dumb #### like that made Thrakazhaar a blast ..., TheLastMohican, 11-Dec-07 12:16 AM, #5
     Reply Uhm....., Pro (Guest), 11-Dec-07 05:38 PM, #7
          Reply Apollogy.: I read that as..., Pro (Guest), 11-Dec-07 05:40 PM, #8
Reply RE: A rather disappointing go of it, Kastellyn, 11-Dec-07 02:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurken the Warrior of the Shiel..., Cezar (Guest), 07-Dec-07 12:54 PM, #2
Reply hey not another villager we are droppin like flies, yevandr (Guest), 07-Dec-07 11:05 AM, #1

Armonk (Guest)Fri 07-Dec-07 05:20 PM

#64083, "A rather disappointing go of it"
In response to Reply #0

As Armonk I had such a blast as a rager, I decided to give it another go. This one however was a failure on many levels. I really liked the roleplay I was going for, but I couldn't keep it up as well as I hoped to. Another major bummer was the fact that absolutely nothing ever seemed to go my way in any of the fights I had. Those two things combined really robbed the fun out of the character. Sorry to the Village. I know that it is always a rough road to go down, but I will be back to it in one shape or another.

Post away if I managed to impact your char, but I doubt it. And for those curious about the role, I'm going to pick up the PBF so that everyone can see it if they want.

Pro (Guest)Mon 10-Dec-07 08:40 PM

#64160, "That 25 exp for a "Well fought" battle...."
In response to Reply #3

That would have had me deleting on the spot I think.

That's like tipping your waiter a penny.

TheLastMohicanTue 11-Dec-07 12:16 AM
Member since 25th Oct 2005
342 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64167, "Actually, dumb #### like that made Thrakazhaar a blast ..."
In response to Reply #4

Here's the thing though. You lose a grueling, drawn-out fight, and you almost want to be like 'pray : Did you see that? Wow, what a fight'. Getting that experience, or having some weird mob start talking to you about your struggles/battles is what MAKES me want to play CF.

See, with edges and all this #### about getting the best comments/most immortal experience people have forgotten what's really important about this game and the fact we have these admins that watch us play this game. You don't need a spiffy title, a badass edge, or some pimptastic xp. You just to need to feel that your effort is appreciated and/or watched in some way.

Just another example of me wanting to say thank you to those imms that do make that effort. For every remark disparaging you I make in haste or anger, know that nearly every day I play CF I remember how much work you do for the game.

PS Bring back Muuloc. And Khaso. And Eshval. And Aarn. Get rid of Valg so he can help me invent a system to track stupid players of CF so we can go to their house and chat game secrets on the phone.

Pro (Guest)Tue 11-Dec-07 05:38 PM

#64177, "Uhm....."
In response to Reply #5

Yeh.

Take your own advice.

But 25 xp seems like a slap in the face to me. Similar to 1xp for the fishing pole role.

Pro (Guest)Tue 11-Dec-07 05:40 PM

#64178, "Apollogy.: I read that as..."
In response to Reply #7

Actually Dumb-####,....

My bad.

KastellynTue 11-Dec-07 02:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#64176, "RE: A rather disappointing go of it"
In response to Reply #3

You definitely seemed to get the short end of the combat luck stick more often then not. I did think you had some pretty solid RP, though...and not every Villager needs to be deathful. Was interested in seeing how you did once you hit Hero range. Good luck with the next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Cezar (Guest)Fri 07-Dec-07 12:54 PM

#64074, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurken the Warrior of the Shiel..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, I liked your character. Really bummed your done. I wanted to find out more about your role. It seemed interesting.

yevandr (Guest)Fri 07-Dec-07 11:05 AM

#64069, "hey not another villager we are droppin like flies"
In response to Reply #0

I hope you had a good time in the village. I know things are getting a little dull of late but the rites should spice things up and now your gonna miss them! I liked the spirit of the note you sent to the village but the realist is that there are tons of active villagers right now, just a lot of them don't overlap time.

Come back to the village with a thief/assassin/bard/ranger I think there is exactly one non warrior in the village right now, maybe two I can't recall if that young assassin made the cut yet.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64048 Previous topic | Next topic