Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fortorn the Master of Pyrotechniq..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63832
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 01-Dec-07 04:32 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63832, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fortorn the Master of Pyrotechniques"

Sat Dec 1 03:31:12 2007

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Fortorn perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:146

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes and all such stuff, Dervish, 01-Dec-07 04:44 AM, #1
     Reply You are so off base in your "opinion", Zridv (Guest), 01-Dec-07 07:44 AM, #2
     Reply RE: You are so off base in your, Dervish, 01-Dec-07 08:01 AM, #3
     Reply Ahh!, Patick, 01-Dec-07 08:26 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Ahh!, Dervish, 01-Dec-07 08:39 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Ahh!, Patick, 01-Dec-07 08:45 AM, #6
               Reply RE: Ahh!, Dervish, 01-Dec-07 09:11 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Ahh!, Heraldassassin (Guest), 02-Dec-07 01:54 AM, #14
     Reply People like you make the game worth it., Elemek (Guest), 01-Dec-07 08:55 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Goodbyes and all such stuff, Folsa (Guest), 01-Dec-07 10:46 AM, #9
     Reply Good luck with the next char, we didnt really interact ..., Llorenz (Guest), 01-Dec-07 11:49 AM, #10
     Reply Wands and things..., Mageling (Guest), 01-Dec-07 01:41 PM, #11
     Reply Bye, Desabarun (Guest), 01-Dec-07 02:07 PM, #12
     Reply Some comments, Throkk (Guest), 01-Dec-07 03:18 PM, #13

DervishSat 01-Dec-07 04:44 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#63835, "Goodbyes and all such stuff"
In response to Reply #0

Well, what intented to be mega uber invoker became sucker invoker

I've made some unusual affinity spending, supposing to minimize the spam but it resulted in the opposite.

I was quite successful in PK before 38, but then I sucked. On 41 I still had only 2 shields and spammed like hell to get other. I could not find my sleeks till almost the end of my life so that was even harder.

Most reason was of course, my bad temper
When I got killed, I did not quit, calmed down and try again...I angered and...got killed again

Also, this is the only my char who lost all his stuff so many times (due to full looting and game bugs) and I hate to regear especially as invoker. Without sleeks it quite hard to get even bracelets from Alistin.

So I simply went nuts and let everyone to kill me. No fun.

Outlanders: Desabarun, Danrae, Throkk, Macha, you were perfect as you were when I was Gherion
Though I felt much colder attitude from you and I think I know why.

Scions: skillfull bastards, who never missed a chance to catch me and kick my ass and who dont scared to retrieve.

Tribunal: Rywald, Essenida, you certainly have balls, I liked you.

Empire: noone worthy to mention, except leaders and Jeob of course. Not even trying to reraid when you were 3 - sucks in my opinion.

Gaspar, thanks for you help again

I made some break and played other MUD but still got no fun from this char so I just deleted it.

See you in the realms

Zridv (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 07:44 AM

#63838, "You are so off base in your "opinion""
In response to Reply #1

That time you refer to we had three to raid...yes, but you had more than just you. Maybe you could harm three of us, but I could harm three of you. I am pretty sure at that time I had you and two bards....two bards!!! Have you ever faced off against an outlander bard in the woods? I'll leave it there, and try to share more later when I go. I killed you post this solo and we fought quite a bit. I didn't mind your char except for that stupid post on dios.

Good luck with whatever is next. Take the advice I should take for myself as well, don't post on dios til you are done.

DervishSat 01-Dec-07 08:01 AM
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#63840, "RE: You are so off base in your"
In response to Reply #2

Good luck with whatever is next. Take the advice I should take for myself as well, don't post on dios til you are done.

Aye, that was stupid

PatickSat 01-Dec-07 08:26 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63843, "Ahh!"
In response to Reply #1

We started having a good friendship towards the end! Well after that travel to Thar-Acarcia and all. That was a fun time when the Necromancer killed all three of us with one word! Hahaha. Iunna actually made a new wedding band for me so that is really great! hrm Good luck with your next. You definitly will be missed

Alpha-Q

DervishSat 01-Dec-07 08:39 AM
617 posts
#63845, "RE: Ahh!"
In response to Reply #4

Man, I travelled with you with all my chars, one by one

And as I remember, mostly we just die somehow. So you better stay away from me

PatickSat 01-Dec-07 08:45 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63847, "RE: Ahh!"
In response to Reply #5

haha really? I tended to die alot with all of my chars. who were your other ones you traveled with me with? Unless there still alive of course.

Alpha-Q

DervishSat 01-Dec-07 09:11 AM
617 posts
#63849, "RE: Ahh!"
In response to Reply #6

Rloun, Doweran, Gherion. I think you died with each of mine chars *laughs*

Heraldassassin (Guest)Sun 02-Dec-07 01:54 AM

#63871, "RE: Ahh!"
In response to Reply #8

HAHA!! rloun!! Yes Xhirathos was really mad that one time when Vanakoth killed us! lmao. that was funny as hell. Hrm I don't remember Gherion though I do remember Doweran definitly

Elemek (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 08:55 AM

#63848, "People like you make the game worth it."
In response to Reply #1

You raid, defend, take risks and have a go and that is what makes this game fun, especially for me. Shame you have gone but I hope some others step up after your example.

Folsa (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 10:46 AM

#63853, "RE: Goodbyes and all such stuff"
In response to Reply #1

For future reference, complaining about your sleeks over the CB is not something the whole cabal wants to hear about. Keep in mind that Lin-Ha, the Spirit and IMMs are all listening. If I recall correctly, you did the same regarding equipment with your shaman. Either keep those things to yourself, or if you have to vent, use "tell."

That being said, I was impressed in how well you did as a midbie defender. You were watched very closely from all sides, but the consensus was that you were doing a good job.

Good luck on your next.

Folsa

PS: And yes, don't post with active chars on Dios.

Llorenz (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 11:49 AM

#63856, "Good luck with the next char, we didnt really interact ..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Mageling (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 01:41 PM

#63858, "Wands and things..."
In response to Reply #1

I think you need to address your seeking wand location information. I found the manner in which you ask everyone for wand locations a bit lame. It borders on OOC breakdown.

That being said, I was willing to assist you a bit, and had actually identified what you wanted.

When you are asking a young mage about places, and that particular player is too young to have actually seen the wand locations it is hard to convey that and stay in role. Sure, I have a wand list of every area in the game, but how the hell would this particular player know of these things if they personally have not even been there or killed that particular mob?

"Have you found your sleeks?" "Where can I find my set?" made me groan a bit. I was receptive to try to give you some aid though as I recognized your newness.

It would be better for you to stick to strict roleplay and offer to trade information/spells, for tips and magical research. I did not want to simply spoonfeed you a massive list of places. Even when I attemted to have you do something in return....it was basically more of a request for your sleek black than anything contructive in return.

People work hard for this information and though I am the exception to this, most don't like to share with someone who is obviously a poor roleplayer. A bit of effort on your part beside repeating your request for everything I have learnt, would probably have resulted in me showing you dozens of new things.

Focus on your roleplay for the next and try to stay in good form.

Good luck.

Desabarun (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 02:07 PM

#63860, "Bye"
In response to Reply #1

I actually kind of liked Fortorn and it was nice to have someone else on in the quiet times.

I liked the way you seemed up for a rumble.

However, I did not like the way you basically talking in almost ooc fashion about wands and things.

e.g. I still haven't found my sleeks. Where are the sleek locations etc.

You came across as a powergamer, and I get bored with that quickly.

I think you did pretty well other than that, and I think you would have found things picking up at hero, especially as I'd recently got my hands on a few barrier wands and been handing them out.

So to summarise:
- Lots of good stuff
- Too much worrying about gear and preps.

You probably need to worry more about spamming if you play another invoker. It's boring, but it makes a big difference.

Throkk (Guest)Sat 01-Dec-07 03:18 PM

#63862, "Some comments"
In response to Reply #1

Your char was a mixed bag.

I will echo Mageling and Desa and I say I didn't like the OOC
help me with this class attitude. I gave you some IC pointers, but either you didn't catch on, or you just wanted me to hold your hand while showing it all.

I think part of it stems from English being your secondary language. And it will probably lessen/go away with a little more practice in English. Hopefully CF is a fun way to learn the language?!

Posting complaints or requests with an active char on Dioxide is an almost sure road to grief. I strongly advice against doing that again.
It soured my impression of the char, anyway.

Some good things:
I like that you were willing to do and try out different things and you were always ready for some action.

For what it is worth I gave you a thumbs-up for effort the last couple of weeks when talking with Folsa.

Throkk was indeed somewhat cold towards your char, since he believes in self-suffiency, but he actually warmed a bit towards the end. Guess it didn't came through that clearly.

Good luck with the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63832 Previous topic | Next topic