Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the Hero..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63730
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Nov-07 03:12 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63730, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the Heroine of Faith, Priestess of the Stars, Village Applicant"

Wed Nov 28 02:08:30 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Perdray perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:227

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I would feel so bad killing you, Elemek (Guest), 30-Nov-07 01:37 PM, #43
Reply I wouldn't feel bad., Malcolm, 30-Nov-07 02:58 PM, #44
Reply I really, really dug this char., Kenealish (Guest), 29-Nov-07 01:08 PM, #36
Reply Several Truths., Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 03:05 PM, #38
Reply My Official Goodbyes., Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 07:01 AM, #33
Reply Disregard the last official goodbye. I fell asleep., Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 08:03 AM, #34
Reply RE: Disregard the last official goodbye. I fell asleep., Patick, 29-Nov-07 03:06 PM, #39
     Reply Drinks, Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 03:36 PM, #40
Reply Thanks for the kind words..., Drahmim (Guest), 29-Nov-07 09:43 AM, #35
     Reply Induction, Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 02:50 PM, #37
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..., Brinkmun (Guest), 28-Nov-07 11:48 PM, #28
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..., Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 04:06 AM, #32
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..., TJHuron, 28-Nov-07 09:38 PM, #17
Reply Oh it just got better and better., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 10:01 PM, #19
     Reply weak sauce way to go and die on me, yevandr (Guest), 28-Nov-07 10:09 PM, #20
     Reply If it makes you feel better, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 10:15 PM, #22
     Reply Just kidding before., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 11:39 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Oh it just got better and better., TJHuron, 28-Nov-07 11:37 PM, #26
Reply Very nice!, Lyristeon, 28-Nov-07 09:00 PM, #16
Reply Sadly, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 10:13 PM, #21
     Reply Here ya go., Lyristeon, 29-Nov-07 02:40 AM, #30
          Reply Damn you., Malcolm, 29-Nov-07 04:03 AM, #31
Reply Congratulations, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Nov-07 06:33 PM, #12
Reply RE: Congratulations, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 07:11 PM, #14
Reply Well Done!, Kastellyn, 28-Nov-07 06:25 PM, #11
Reply Thank you!, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 07:08 PM, #13
Reply And just for you. Her description!, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 07:14 PM, #15
Reply I have to ask now that I am gone., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 10:18 PM, #23
     Reply It's Hard Coded, Kastellyn, 29-Nov-07 11:56 PM, #41
          Reply RE: It's Hard Coded, Malcolm, 30-Nov-07 02:44 AM, #42
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..., Behrious (Guest), 28-Nov-07 04:27 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 04:52 PM, #8
Reply Long time ago, Patick, 28-Nov-07 04:27 PM, #6
Reply I always remembered, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 04:57 PM, #9
     Reply RE: I always remembered, HeraldAssassin (Guest), 28-Nov-07 10:52 PM, #24
     Reply Cannot speak for the others but.., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 11:24 PM, #25
          Reply RE: Cannot speak for the others but.., heraldassassin (Guest), 29-Nov-07 12:44 AM, #29
     Reply hehe, Patick, 30-Nov-07 04:16 PM, #45
          Reply Ohh, Patick, 01-Dec-07 08:40 AM, #46
Reply Loved your character concept., Jichii (Guest), 28-Nov-07 02:34 PM, #3
Reply Coming from one of my heroes.., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 03:57 PM, #4
Reply Never got a chance to interact., Pro (Guest), 28-Nov-07 10:35 AM, #1
     Reply Very much so., Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 02:03 PM, #2
     Reply What about me???, Adina (Guest), 28-Nov-07 04:21 PM, #5
          Reply Adina, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 05:02 PM, #10
     Reply Addition, Malcolm, 28-Nov-07 09:48 PM, #18

Elemek (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-07 01:37 PM

#63808, "I would feel so bad killing you"
In response to Reply #0

but I could not let you pass with my background/RP being what it is. I will say more when I am dead but I enjoyed your tenacity and resilience to keep on going.

Nice work.

MalcolmFri 30-Nov-07 02:58 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2007
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63812, "I wouldn't feel bad."
In response to Reply #43

If the roles had been reversed I would have done the same at the Village if I could have. Luck of the draw made us enemies and I would never hold a grudge. After all, it's just a game. Well done by the way and I always did view Elemek as a real threat even if there were others in the chasm that just made me wet myself.

Good job, Chief.

Mal

Kenealish (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 01:08 PM

#63782, "I really, really dug this char."
In response to Reply #0

I interacted with you as a previous char of mine (which I'll discuss whenever this bird kicks the bucket), and had a great impression of you then.

When we first met as Ken, I was like wtf you won't help me rank? Stuck up light walking hippo crate (he's got kinda a problem with teh maranz). But once we started defending (and I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised I was to find you could actually sit by me at the destructor), I really liked having you along. I really wish you weren't con-dead for defense purposes, too.

God that last day was a bonehead move on my part. I'm glad all parties involved (especially the victim and those upstairs) took it in stride and used humor rather than anger. I can't tell you how idiotic I felt, but I died a few times right after that so I'm hoping the slate is starting to wash clean.

Make another villager - this is my first after a long hiatus, and damn are they fun.

Again, great work.

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 03:05 PM
54 posts
#63785, "Several Truths."
In response to Reply #36

A> I was laughing my ass off when you killed the bard by accident. It was bad timing, but funny none the less.

B> Villager coming again soon. Soonish I should say.

C> We really put up a damn good defense. I'm going to post a log of it if I can find it. I logged very little, but I think I got that one.

Kene, Chkara and I, I felt, put up a real fight given the odds. Win or lose, we made it rough on them. Damned lightning.

Mal

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 06:53 AM
54 posts
#63778, "My Official Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 29-Nov-07 07:01 AM

I really never thought that this character would get off the ground, but it was something that I had wanted to try for a while so I gave it a shot and 'lo and behold, to my pleasure and surprise, it worked.

Immortals
---------
To those of you who interacted with me from behind the scenes I am great full for everything you threw my way. I get the feeling there were far more people working on small specific problems with getting me in than I probably could guess at.

Kastellyn: I think I said everything I really wanted to say under your complementary post below. It was a shame that both of us were out of commission for so long or this could have become much more eventful. As I said there, I have known your character since you were mortal and when you rose I knew I always wanted to make a follower of yours be it a priest or even just a warrior dedicated to you. I got that chance and now I am sure I am going to come back for more. I hope business does not keep you away for too long. Everyone here seems to really dig you. I know I do.

Zulghinlour: I know from talking to you the relative time frame you put into making the code work to allow me to be a Battlerager and still keep my supplications. I can only say I am in your debt for the time you put into making it go and allowing me to pursue this character. If you ever need a lackey/secretary/gopher just shoot me mail. I am humbled. Thank you.

Ysaloerye: I appreciate you along with everyone else in letting me take part in watching the Rites. I have never seen nor taken part in them and it was a treat to get to see. Next time I'll figure out how to whisper properly and not embarrass myself when the pansy Dark-Elf takes it all. OH! And this is from you on my last day as a keepsake.

A surly voice from above: Dopey fargin budgie!
A surly voice from above: How about ah just jam ma boot up yer feathered arse instead!

*Cackle Kenealish*

BATTLE
------
Teutonium - You should have let me fight the rites for you.
Behrious - My mentor. First to accept Perdray as a real villager. Shame you left so soon. When you see my pk record you'll understand.
Begelrut - Quite possibly gave me the hardest time adjusting, but learned a lot watching you fight. I do now however have a better understanding of why you gave me such a hard time.
Brinkmun - My first Drillmaster. If I could have picked among powers I would have been a defender because of you.
Jichii - My muse! My hero! Quite insane, but taught me to face everything with courage galore. I -really- wish I had more time with you. I think it would have done wonders for not only my skill but my lousy poetry. Thank you.
Vhloughvang - Great Commander. A shame I only spoke to you a couple of times before you were gone. I had the feeling you did not take me seriously though.
Harol - Great fighter. I only wish I had seen you make it to hero. People are going to have to look out for you.
Kenealish - Evil or not, you and I thought much alike in home defense. Worked well enough to chase off five to two then seven to three with Chkara on our side. Shows a lot of fortitude on both your parts.
Ferrod - If you had been neutral or good I may have never left your side. I never worried when you were about. Then of course you up and deleted. You ass.
Chkara - Excellent bard. Great at defense, but I never got to see you go on the offensive much. You need to write more! Especially on Kastellyn.
Duerham - Stinking, rotten gutter Dwarf. You had nothing but my respect. I loved trading bards with you.
Drahmim - I only had the pleasure of fighting with you at my side a couple of times, but truly gutsy.
Dargan - Wish I had seen more of you, but I grinned a lot when I heard : So and so is dead. every couple of minutes.
Sananto - Thank you for making me family. You were a beast in battle. Glad I got to see you fight a few times. I learned a lot. Maybe I'll actually be able to pk with my next attempt.
Illieway - Don't let me down. If I do not see you hero I'm coming back from the dead for you.

Scion
-----
Ravon - Your title sums it up. I loved our fights, but I would have liked to get more than one command in.
Chrichuk - Immolation man. I have a feeling I helped that spell go up quite a bit. Still great, unexpected change ups in fights were remarkable. Just when I thought I had a pattern down.
Sousidan - Shifters hitting me from everywhere it seemed when you guys were around. You were good, but Meldressen, IMHO had you hands down.
Igbah - How the hell does a Fire Giant trip me to death with all those protections?! You hit like a juggernaut through them all as well. The funny 'after-fight' comments were well worth the initial beating I took to get you to talk.
Meldressen - Quite possibly the scariest shifter without a quest form I have ever faced. I was surprised several times I got away from you with as quick as you could be.
Elemek - Had I been able to get you stuck in one place I think I would have had a great chance against you. Not that you would let that happen. More skilled than I think players might give you credit for.
Zorran - Nice fights. Neither of us fell, but I could swear likr ou

Nexus
-----
Yrillbink - Through every bit of mental protection I had you ALWAYS got nasty songs off on me easy. I never figured out how to counter
that.

Ghromm - I'm almost disappointed you had to be Nexus. You had the heart of a Villager and the strength to back it up.

Vhaile. Vhaile, Vhaile. Vhaile.. What to do about you? We were polar opposites. Black to white. Liberal to Conservative. I felt like we had the best talks and looked forward to more of them, THEN YOU UP AND DELETE! What were you thinking?! The war was boringly quiet after wards.

Bink - Plain and simple a pain in my backside. I am sure you earned your title without question, but you need to take Thorazine and relax some. You have plenty fo evenemmies.

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 08:03 AM
54 posts
#63780, "Disregard the last official goodbye. I fell asleep."
In response to Reply #33

*Cut me some slack I have a ten month old.*

I really never thought that this character would get off the ground, but it was something that I had wanted to try for a while so I gave it a shot and 'lo and behold, to my pleasure and surprise, it worked.

Immortals
---------
To those of you who interacted with me from behind the scenes I am great full for everything you threw my way. I get the feeling there were far more people working on small specific problems with getting me in than I probably could guess at.

Kastellyn: I think I said everything I really wanted to say under your complementary post below. It was a shame that both of us were out of commission for so long or this could have become much more eventful. As I said there, I have known your character since you were mortal and when you rose I knew I always wanted to make a follower of yours be it a priest or even just a warrior dedicated to you. I got that chance and now I am sure I am going to come back for more. I hope business does not keep you away for too long. Everyone here seems to really dig you. I know I do.

Zulghinlour: I know from talking to you the relative time frame you put into making the code work to allow me to be a Battlerager and still keep my supplications. I can only say I am in your debt for the time you put into making it go and allowing me to pursue this character. If you ever need a lackey/secretary/gopher just shoot me mail. I am humbled. Thank you.

Ysaloerye: I appreciate you along with everyone else in letting me take part in watching the Rites. I have never seen nor taken part in them and it was a treat to get to see. Next time I'll figure out how to whisper properly and not embarrass myself when the pansy Dark-Elf takes it all. OH! And this is from you on my last day as a keepsake.

A surly voice from above: Dopey fargin budgie!
A surly voice from above: How about ah just jam ma boot up yer feathered arse instead!

*Cackle Kenealish*

BATTLE
------
Teutonium - You should have let me fight the rites for you.
Behrious - My mentor. First to accept Perdray as a real villager. Shame you left so soon. When you see my pk record you'll understand.
Begelrut - Quite possibly gave me the hardest time adjusting, but learned a lot watching you fight. I do now however have a better understanding of why you gave me such a hard time.
Brinkmun - My first Drillmaster. If I could have picked among powers I would have been a defender because of you.
Jichii - My muse! My hero! Quite insane, but taught me to face everything with courage galore. I -really- wish I had more time with you. I think it would have done wonders for not only my skill but my lousy poetry. Thank you.
Vhloughvang - Great Commander. A shame I only spoke to you a couple of times before you were gone. I had the feeling you did not take me seriously though.
Harol - Great fighter. I only wish I had seen you make it to hero. People are going to have to look out for you.
Kenealish - Evil or not, you and I thought much alike in home defense. Worked well enough to chase off five to two then seven to three with Chkara on our side. Shows a lot of fortitude on both your parts.
Ferrod - If you had been neutral or good I may have never left your side. I never worried when you were about. Then of course you up and deleted. You ass.
Chkara - Excellent bard. Great at defense, but I never got to see you go on the offensive much. You need to write more! Especially on Kastellyn.
Duerham - Stinking, rotten gutter Dwarf. You had nothing but my respect. I loved trading bards with you.
Drahmim - I only had the pleasure of fighting with you at my side a couple of times, but truly gutsy.
Dargan - Wish I had seen more of you, but I grinned a lot when I heard : So and so is dead. every couple of minutes.
Sananto - Thank you for making me family. You were a beast in battle. Glad I got to see you fight a few times. I learned a lot. Maybe I'll actually be able to pk with my next attempt.
Illieway - Don't let me down. If I do not see you hero I'm coming back from the dead for you.

Scion
-----
Ravon - Your title sums it up. I loved our fights, but I would have liked to get more than one command in.
Chrichuk - Immolation man. I have a feeling I helped that spell go up quite a bit. Still great, unexpected change ups in fights were remarkable. Just when I thought I had a pattern down.
Sousidan - Shifters hitting me from everywhere it seemed when you guys were around. You were good, but Meldressen, IMHO had you hands down.
Igbah - How the hell does a Fire Giant trip me to death with all those protections?! You hit like a juggernaut through them all as well. The funny 'after-fight' comments were well worth the initial beating I took to get you to talk.
Meldressen - Quite possibly the scariest shifter without a quest form I have ever faced. I was surprised several times I got away from you with as quick as you could be.
Elemek - Had I been able to get you stuck in one place I think I would have had a great chance against you. Not that you would let that happen. More skilled than I think players might give you credit for.
Zorran - Nice fights. Neither of us fell, but I could swear I had you right up to the point where the next spell came flying at me.

Nexus
-----
Yrillbink - Through every bit of mental protection I had you ALWAYS got nasty songs off on me easy. I never figured out how to counter
that.
Ghromm - I'm almost disappointed you had to be Nexus. You had the heart of a Villager and the strength to back it up.
Vhaile. Vhaile, Vhaile. Vhaile.. What to do about you? We were polar opposites. Black to white. Liberal to Conservative. I felt like we had the best talks and looked forward to more of them, THEN YOU UP AND DELETE! What were you thinking?! The war was boringly quiet after wards.

Tribunal
--------
Siloreelo - Thank you for giving me the string start against the hordes of bad guys I faced without any preps. And for the long talks on reason and law.
Adina - Great to travel with you always. You actually made ranking fun and it has to be the least enjoyable aspect of CF for me. I laughed out loud at some of your observations.

Outlanders
----------
Folsa, you were really the only one I knew. I enjoyed our talks and hunts. Glad you got the position. You deserved it.

I know I am forgetting a lot of people and I am sorry. Please feel free to remind me and I will be sure to find something to call you for adding to my lousy pk record.

Comments are all welcome.

Malcolm

PatickThu 29-Nov-07 03:06 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63786, "RE: Disregard the last official goodbye. I fell asleep."
In response to Reply #34

Heh you never killed me!! *mutter* you Never seemed to take any of my drinks either. I slipped you a few.

Alpha-Q

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 03:36 PM
54 posts
#63787, "Drinks"
In response to Reply #39

Drank them and never asked where they came from. Now I know.

Drahmim (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 09:43 AM

#63781, "Thanks for the kind words..."
In response to Reply #33

You called *me* gutsy, but the things you had to go through as a Village applicant are gutsier than anything I think I'd put myself through. I was always hoping that one day I'd see you inducted, and not just an applicant.

Great job.

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 02:50 PM
54 posts
#63784, "Induction"
In response to Reply #35

Kastellyn and I had discussed it from the moment we made arrangements to make me an applicant. That was as far as I would ever get. I had hoped to just have my long title restrung to remove the Applicant part, but it would have messed with the ability to defend at the Destructor ECT so I did not mind keeping it at all. I got further than I ever thought I would and I am pleasantly satisfied with what I did accomplish. The immortals put a lot of faith in me to even take it that far and for that they have my gratitude for all their hard work. In Perdray's mind just being greeted by the Giant, and her brothers in arms was more than enough for her.

I was surprised by the sentiment everyone echoed like yourself and it makes me feel like I did the best job I could given the circumstances. Thank you for YOUR kind words, my gutsy, short friend.

Malcolm

Brinkmun (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 11:48 PM

#63767, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't interact with you much, but from what everyone says, cool char. I just gotta throw props cause you did the village shaman I've always dreamed about. Good job

D

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 04:06 AM
54 posts
#63774, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..."
In response to Reply #28

Between meeting you, Jichii and Vhloughvang I never had a doubt which direction I was headed. We did talk quite a bit, but I was young and I know low level characters can sometimes be easy to forget.

Malcolm.

TJHuronWed 28-Nov-07 09:38 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63754, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..."
In response to Reply #0

The most enjoyable thing for me at the rites was when you meant to "whisperto Teutonium" but instead whispered aloud that you were betting on me to win. The rest of the rites was just plain ugly for me, at least I can thank you for a comical, enjoyable memory from that painful day. It is a good thing no one took you up on that bet.

I wished we got a chance to travel some more. Our characters matched up pretty well. Although, we did have a little bit of trouble learning. Excellent concept for a character, I am a fan of battle and loved how you found a way to make a battle priest. The fact that you didn't have battle powers was probably offset by your priest powers.

I did not know that you were a village applicant the first time I saw you. I was wanted and sitting in plain sight in Hamsah and walked up to a tribunal mage and killed him in front of you. You seemed to find that very funny, as did I. You commented on it to me, but, I wish you would have told me at that time about your intentions. I didn't really put it together until I saw you the next time at the rites. Well done!

Teutonium

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 10:01 PM
54 posts
#63757, "Oh it just got better and better."
In response to Reply #17

Kasty, Ysal and Yean standing there as well as Gohlyr. Had they been able to see ME turn red in the face it would not have helped the situation. I tried to play it off, but damage done. Still I really like the Commander, but I had to root for the Elf. There is still almost no goodies in the Village and having a Commander that was one would have been a highlight for Perdray. Needless to say that went a bit awry and I ended up having to pay the lot of them for losing that bet. (oh, and they did take me up on it, it just wasn't for gold.)

I actually found that death amusing. Did you ever get flagged for that? I never saw it and told the lawman it was not needed. The same exact thing happened to me in Galadon. I believe it was Behrious. Tribunal not two lengths away. As soon as he kills me I get a tell, "Oops." Had to laugh at that too.

I was more than humbled to have been part of the Rites though I was itching for a fight myself and Kasty kept teasing me about it. (As I said before, evil b@st@rd.)

I wish you had stuck around. It was rough being the only.. relatively.. pure soul in the Village. Well done to you as well.

P.S. I could drink you under the table.

Malcolm

yevandr (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 10:09 PM

#63758, "weak sauce way to go and die on me"
In response to Reply #19

Hey man I remember with a previous villager of mine having this little level 11 shaman say he was all about mage killing and chuckling to myself. Then I moved on and came back and found you still sloggin along. You had a lot of heart dude and as someone who has played a few shaman in the past I can understand how much not being able to prep can hurt. In my eyes you were the same as any veteran of the village and I hope you had fun on our little trip.

though of course now that lowers the number of villagers that could help me achieve what I wanted to there, bleh, I think there is only one other villager who meets the requirements and he is also about to con die.

It sounds like you had a good time and I look forward to whatever your next character is, just please no more rams!

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 10:15 PM
54 posts
#63760, "If it makes you feel better"
In response to Reply #20

I have not played a shifter since they could be split into shifter or arcane, so no fear of rams from me. However I cannot guarantee I will not, somewhere down the line, run you into a ram.

Mal

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 11:39 PM
54 posts
#63766, "Just kidding before."
In response to Reply #20

I was really trying to stick it out. I had a quest coming to me that might have saved me some grief, but as I wrote to Kastellyn I was not going to hide out and let other Villagers defend the head and not be there to help them because I was protecting my health until said time came about. I really thank you for taking me on that trip, I know I have been there before, but it has been so long I could not even tell you what year it was. I honestly was hoping to make Vet or some sort of Spiritual adviser position, but I have a feeling it would have taken maybe a couple more hundred hours, and though I have no problem sticking that out time wise, my constitution had other plans for me. I'm sure you will be seeing me again in another incarnation at some point. Yevandr is too much fun to interact with not to try to.

Mal

TJHuronWed 28-Nov-07 11:37 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63765, "RE: Oh it just got better and better."
In response to Reply #19

Well, sorry you had to pay an expensive bet. It was my fault, and as I said, I did awfully in the rites. It just wasn't my day.

I could have sworn you were in the same room that I killed the trib in. I was already wanted when I walked up to him and killed him. He was in the temple somewhere and I was standing near the docks in plain sight with a flag on. I decided, heck with it. He isn't doing anything I'll bet I can run up on him. Sure enough, I did and got him. Next thing I knew you were asking me something like "Weren't you standing there wanted the whole time?"

It seems that there aren't many goodie villagers. It's a tough role to play though. Hate and goodness just to mix well with each other, so you have to try to be creative, and then still not everyone agrees with your angle.

Maybe you could Teutonium... He didn't drink much, and was a lightweight!

LyristeonWed 28-Nov-07 09:00 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#63753, "Very nice!"
In response to Reply #0

I have to admit, I was thoroughly impressed by the shaman applicant. Part of me really wanted to juice you up with the goodies, but, there were a few reasons I didn't. First off, shaman villager applicant empowered by Kastellyn. I was positive that I shouldn't have done anything because I really wasn't sure if Kastellyn would have approved. Secondly, I was playing a rager for awhile and we kind of grew up together in the lower ranks until I just ranked up at one point while you didn't. And since I am not a leader or watcher of the battle cabal, I didn't want to upset that balance.

All in all, this character earned a lot of respect from me for sticking it out and dealing with a lot of things that most shamans don't have to. Like flying. How many times were you tripped to death? Keep the good ones coming.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 10:13 PM
54 posts
#63759, "Sadly"
In response to Reply #16

I had a great group of Villagers with me until the thirties or so, then because of family illness reasons, which have since been resolved, I had to take a hiatus. I made sure I took everything to Tahren to check for me in case I missed anything through identify which left me little choice in what I could acquire for health, but on the bright side spells from transmuters, invokers and especially necromancers were effective on me perhaps thirty percent of the time. Made a large difference in outcomes. So I really geared towards that end. One of the greatest moments for me, even though I could not enter the Village was being welcomed by the Giant as one of their own. A very good feeling.

As for flying. It wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it might be, but sadly I was tripped to death by a damn Fire Giant of all races. Annoying, but he, at least, was very good at what he did.

Side note. You might want to consider giving shamans evade. Especially for the quicker races. Just a thought.

Thank again, Lyr.

(Any chance you might email me and let me know what villager you were unless you are still active?) Curiosity always gets the best of me.

Malcolm

LyristeonThu 29-Nov-07 02:40 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#63772, "Here ya go."
In response to Reply #21

I was Begelrut.

MalcolmThu 29-Nov-07 04:03 AM
54 posts
#63773, "Damn you."
In response to Reply #30

Take a look at my main goodbyes when you get the chance. It all makes sense now.

Malcolm.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 06:33 PM

#63749, "Congratulations"
In response to Reply #0

Everything I saw about this character seemed to portray the consumate village shaman, and until you did it, I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

Really good job!

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 07:11 PM
54 posts
#63751, "RE: Congratulations"
In response to Reply #12

It was very difficult at times, but well, well worth it. I honestly did not believe it would be possible given Kastellyn's initial responce, but I threw things (Here.) had temper tantrums. (Here) And did everything that was expected of me. For the most part.

I appreciate the praise.

Malcolm

KastellynWed 28-Nov-07 06:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#63748, "Well Done!"
In response to Reply #0

I'll admit, I sort of ground my teeth when I saw a shaman wanting to get into the Village. No priests (yeah, yeah, I know...Tahren. That was Thror!). That's a ground rule for Battle, and I wasn't going to break it.

Then again, anyone can hate magic...and no one (that I can recall) has tried a shaman magic-hating Kasty follower before. That made sense. And with the Village Applicant thing being in place, I figured we had an avenue that you could use to round out your roleplay.

So you were a pseudo-Villager, and from what I saw, a very, very dedicated one. It's a tough row to hoe, that's for sure, but you seemed to do just fine. My only regret is that I just don't have as much time to devote to the game right now as I'd like, so I couldn't give you much more than a bit of empowerment, a few minor interactions, and a shove out the door.

Glad you enjoyed the experience! I loved your desc, just by the way. Really made the character come to life for me. And I was working the con quest...I told you not to die any more! Sheesh...

Oh, if your request is for me, I won't have CF email access for another three days or so (on the road...again!). If it's urgent, you can log on a newb and send me a note or something.

Again, great job!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 07:08 PM
54 posts
#63750, "Thank you!"
In response to Reply #11

As per our talk I really wanted to stick it out until you were able to help me with regaining some health, but I was not about to allow the other villagers to defend on their own. Then I hit a stupid death and it cascaded from there. I have never had a follower of yours even though I was a mortal with you what seems eons ago now. You always were an inspiration and I found myself asking why I had waited so long to try it. I just felt it right to add in the hatred of magic. Not only for you and the village belief, but because priests in general hold themselves above magic in that their powers are truly god given. At least that was Perdray's take and fit her own brand of pride.

I understand not having as much time as one would like to dedicate to the game. The email I sent you concerning my family had to be dealt with first, but I was really feeling the DT's being away. By the way, the baby appreciated the hug from "Uncle Kasty" and expects to be on the Christmas mailing list.

You really went out of your way for me in a way I have never seen before among the staff, and know, I have had very few interactions with other immortals that left me disappointed or scratching my head. I hope you liked the work I sent out in your name. I have never been much of a poet or writer, but I really put a good deal of effort into it not only to please you, but to bring a higher level of enthusiasm to the Battleragers.

I'll save more for the final goodbyes to everyone as I am not sure I really did your time and effort justice here.

Thank you for everything. This is bar none my favorite empowered character ever. (Even with the lousy pk ratio.)

Take care, Kasty and thank you. You -will- be seeing me again.

Malcolm.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 07:14 PM
54 posts
#63752, "And just for you. Her description!"
In response to Reply #11

Short at five foot four, her commanding presence more than makes
up for her lack of physical height. Though petite her frame holds
no sign of frailty. Rather, she has developed the true curves of
a woman who has passed beyond being 'just a girl'. Her skin has
been kissed by the sun, showing an olive brown that gives the
impression of a healthy glow that always seems shy of one who
has spent so much time under the blaze of the Theran star to
bring themselves to the appearance of wearing leather beneath
their leather jerkin.

Her garment consist of mainly simple robe, embroidered with five
concentric stars, touching at their point giving the appearance
of a circle in everlasting continuum, just barely visible over
a mis-pairing of functional armor that seems to change each time
she is seen again.

Her green eyes, as hard as stone and, at time, as soft as the
ocean spray, show a wisdom that her age should not be aware of,
even if her mannerism do not always reflect her rash action. Hair
deep red falls in locks about her neck and shoulders, unbound yet
never seeming to hinder her from quick reaction if needed, and she,
for all her gentle bearing, does not look to be one who would back
down from confrontation without good reason.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 10:18 PM
54 posts
#63761, "I have to ask now that I am gone."
In response to Reply #11

I was trying to get you to restring my long title so it no longer showed 'Applicant', I'm pretty sure you got that, but would it have really kept me from the Village if you had just restrung it?

Just curious.

Mal

KastellynThu 29-Nov-07 11:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#63790, "It's Hard Coded"
In response to Reply #23

If you're a Village Applicant, you get the alias to that effect. I could string an additional alias on you (Priestess of the Stars, for example), but it didn't replace the Applicant one (I tried). I even asked Zulg...no joy.

So the only way to remove the Applicant title would be to remove your applicant status, which would have removed you from the Village.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

MalcolmFri 30-Nov-07 02:44 AM
54 posts
#63800, "RE: It's Hard Coded"
In response to Reply #41

Good stuff to know then. Perdray wore it as a badge of honor, but the reason I asked when I came to you was because I really a little sick of fielding the "Shouldn't you be inducted by now?" questions from people Perdray had never even spoken with.

Behrious (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 04:27 PM

#63744, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude... I had a good time speaking to you, and enjoyed all the conversations we had and interactions... Your role was impressive and enjoyable to hear. I still would have liked to seen you with powers.... as I think a shaman with resi and sanc would be sick but it isn't to be. Hope ya come back strong with your next.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 04:52 PM
54 posts
#63745, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Perdray Anwamane E'Seregon the ..."
In response to Reply #7

Thank you very much. I was really bummed as a player when I saw you had decided to move on. You were definitely one of the first few who accepted me in the Village and brought about others to accepting the idea of having one of Kastellyn's priestesses as part of the goals we all strive for. Behrious had me laughing more times than I can count with his backhanded compliments and gruff demeanor. I really wish I had had more time with you and got to know more about your past as well. Hope I made your experience as rewarding as you made mine.

Malcolm

PatickWed 28-Nov-07 04:27 PM
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63743, "Long time ago"
In response to Reply #0

I remember traveling with you a long time ago and i was always confused how you could of been a villager, was deffinitly very unique. I enjoyed our traveling togeather for we lasted a few ranks then I barley saw you after that.

Good Char though! Very Unique much props to ya!

Alpha-Q

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 04:57 PM
54 posts
#63746, "I always remembered"
In response to Reply #6

Our travels together and sadly I felt that our interactions grew a bit more shallow as time passed, but I had my plate full with everything that was going on in the Village as well as walking that fine rope with having an evil b@st@rd of a god to appease. (Just kidding Kasty.) I did fortunately get to finally interact more with those outside the village after I attained my last title, but I hardly seemed to be able to find you, and believe me, I did look. I hope Patick brings you enjoyment for a long time. I always like to see players stick it out to the end as I wish I could have.

Good luck and thank you again.

Malcolm

HeraldAssassin (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 10:52 PM

#63762, "RE: I always remembered"
In response to Reply #9

Really you looked for me? For some reason I always avoided you to try and not get in your way with the villagers. I figured you would find me weak since I rarley ever fought. Well I tried not to.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 11:24 PM
54 posts
#63763, "Cannot speak for the others but.."
In response to Reply #24

I used to stand outside your guild in Galadon and try and ask you to come out and talk to me. Eventually I got banned from the Inn and no longer pursued trying to talk to many Heralds other than to gather any info they were willing to part with. A shame really. I liked the majority of you.

heraldassassin (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 12:44 AM

#63770, "RE: Cannot speak for the others but.."
In response to Reply #25

Thats not fun... Ya for a while we wern't that talkative I guess. Though I always tried getting everyone in a drink and conversation!

PatickFri 30-Nov-07 04:16 PM
134 posts
#63815, "hehe"
In response to Reply #9

i was at the inn alot and stuff. No matter what character I make in here, I always end up hanging at the inn for countless hours. I just can't escape the Virtual drinks!

Hrm I wounder, did you play any chars around the time when the Warders got disbanded and up to when The Outlanders first formed?

For some reason I just feel like I know your char from around that time, I had a good orderly assasin who hung out at the inn alot as well.

Alpha-Q

PatickSat 01-Dec-07 08:40 AM
134 posts
#63846, "Ohh"
In response to Reply #45

I also Remember seeing you about and fearing that you would strike me. I know I didn't do much to offend villagers and such, But I always just worried a bit. Cause you were too nice of a char to get in battles with for me.

Alpha-Q

Jichii (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 02:34 PM

#63738, "Loved your character concept."
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to take it home, make sweet love to it, and raise a family of baby concepts.

But yeah. I think you've pulled off a very unique character through your hard work. Well done - Perdray is going to be a leg-end in my book.

Yhorian

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 03:57 PM
54 posts
#63740, "Coming from one of my heroes.."
In response to Reply #3

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe thats the ozone raising the little hairs on my arms and the back of my neck.. I tried to get to talk to you more, but you were always off picking fights with everyone who needed a fight picked with them. I cannot blame you, but I wish I could have strapped you down for a few ticks to speak with.

Battle has well played killers, but we need more roleplayers like yourself as well. Balance, balance, balance.

It was hard following in your footsteps.

Malcolm (Perdray)

Pro (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 10:35 AM

#63734, "Never got a chance to interact."
In response to Reply #0

Did you have fun with it? Anything special for your efforts?

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 02:03 PM
54 posts
#63737, "Very much so."
In response to Reply #1

Initially I had no idea what direction I was going to head with Perdray, but I felt that I made some really good decisions with her and had a ton of support from the immortal staff as well as the other villagers really making me earn my place with them. I have to say a shaman with no preps other than the sups they are given is a real challenge, but it was very rewarding all around.

I will leave full goodbyes when and if they are appropriate pending a request I have made.

One way or another this was without a doubt the most rewarding character I have ever played.

Mal

Adina (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 04:21 PM

#63741, "What about me???"
In response to Reply #2

Loved our conversations and interactions. We gained few levels together and it was fun to see you around. Loved your character idea, just wish you became an full villager.

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 05:02 PM
54 posts
#63747, "Adina"
In response to Reply #5

I didn't forget you at all. I was just waiting to post a full official goodbye pending a request as I mentioned earlier. I loved your character concept and how well you stuck by your guns in good and bad times. I am honestly gald it never had to come to real blows between us and I avoided it having to be so as much as I could. Although I have -no- regrets about the flag you gave me. If he had not continued to harm me it would have been someone else, so I ended his rampage right then and there. Our talks were memorable to say the least and it was a blow when you decided to leave us. Look forward to your next project. You'll shine I am sure.

Malcolm

MalcolmWed 28-Nov-07 09:48 PM
54 posts
#63756, "Addition"
In response to Reply #1

And other bonuses...

I did receive a couple of perks especially towards the end. A battle edge for my role in the October contest and a couple of very nice bonuses (Whose effects I did not really have time to use dying as quick as I did after getting them.)

I was not able to speak over the Cabal channel, which did not slow me down relaying information, but Kastellyn and I discussed that for a long time before I was given applicant status. No powers, which was fine by me, could not enter unless raided, again fine by me. I could still defend at the Giant and if the Giant was defeated I could still make my stand at Big D.

Perdray also received her title very young, which for most, made apparent my affiliations and goals.

There were possibly more perks, but in all honesty I never ventured a guess and notice nothing that made me sit back and say "How'd that happen?" Though I am sure there were more even if lesser. You'll never hear me complain though, Perdray was rewarded well for her efforts.

Malcolm.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63730 Previous topic | Next topic