Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Roelkin the Master of the Night" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63713
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 27-Nov-07 02:40 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16826 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63713, "(DELETED) [None] Roelkin the Master of the Night"

Tue Nov 27 01:36:56 2007

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Roelkin perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:thief
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:143

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Knew it was you, will explain later you stealing scammi..., Krilcovs plyer (Guest), 29-Nov-07 06:01 PM, #14
Reply This character was really fun, until I got sloppy., Rogue, 27-Nov-07 02:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: This character was really fun, until I got sloppy., Jeriam (Guest), 27-Nov-07 06:48 AM, #2
     Reply does that trip/bash evading skill work every single tim..., An enemy (Guest), 27-Nov-07 03:12 PM, #3
     Reply I wish, Rogue, 27-Nov-07 03:59 PM, #5
     Reply Alright guys, props and all that, Rogue, 27-Nov-07 03:54 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Alright guys, props and all that, Qaledus, 27-Nov-07 07:31 PM, #6
          Reply What's wrong with playing dirtbags?, Rogue, 27-Nov-07 07:43 PM, #7
               Reply RE: What's wrong with playing dirtbags?, Qaledus, 28-Nov-07 01:33 PM, #9
                    Reply Thanks Qaledus, Rogue, 29-Nov-07 12:22 AM, #11
          Reply Damn you.., Silquas (Guest), 28-Nov-07 02:32 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Damn you.., Rogue, 29-Nov-07 12:24 AM, #12
          Reply Dood, we rocked together., Jahlik (Guest), 28-Nov-07 11:29 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Alright guys, props and all that, zindereth (Guest), 29-Nov-07 02:44 PM, #13
          Reply GLWYN Roelkin!, TheBlooding, 30-Nov-07 10:04 PM, #15

Krilcovs plyer (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 06:01 PM

#63788, "Knew it was you, will explain later you stealing scammi..."
In response to Reply #0

It was fun more than half the time.

RogueTue 27-Nov-07 02:41 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63714, "This character was really fun, until I got sloppy."
In response to Reply #0

It's been a long day, but after tonight I think I just really ruined the character. When I am more collected, I will post proper goodbyes.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Jeriam (Guest)Tue 27-Nov-07 06:48 AM

#63715, "RE: This character was really fun, until I got sloppy."
In response to Reply #1

Heh, you sure were an annoying little thief. From what I saw, well played. We had some fights early on and then I went past you and didn't really see you again. Good job.

An enemy (Guest)Tue 27-Nov-07 03:12 PM

#63716, "does that trip/bash evading skill work every single tim..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

RogueTue 27-Nov-07 03:59 PM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63719, "I wish"
In response to Reply #3

When I first got it, It didn't work at all. Then It took forever to improve on, and from what I remember, didn't improve very much. I never really got bashed twice though after i improved it a bit more, but being so high dex I think that really helped me.

Most of the time this character was running around with 400-450 hitpoints, so don't get me wrong, when it didn't fire, I'd probably die.

RogueTue 27-Nov-07 03:54 PM
718 posts
#63718, "Alright guys, props and all that"
In response to Reply #1

Thieves.. Eww. I haven't tried a thief since dual backstab was a skill, and even then I never got very far, maybe to the teens, tops.

I heard a lot of mixed things about thieves, and most people didn't think it would be a character I liked, but I had more fun with this thief than I did with any other character I've had, druids, rangers, warriors, whatever. On top of that I was uncaballed.

I was in buisness of making enemies, and ripping off friends, and the few that could really put a hurtin on me, I tried to buy off any chance I got. Roelkin was all about himself and how he can profit, had no loyalties except to the Galadon Guild, and that alone. I was even in the midst of plotting against the Kingpin, but.. obviously I didn't last that long.

Guildmates: We actually kept our distance, and I don't think ever travelled together, more or less simply had the Stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours, kind of thing going on, which was pretty enjoyable.

Jardas: Cool character, very generous, but not IMHO very thiefy or leaderlike aside from tossing me coins an items. I would have liked to see a bit more agenda based rp comin from you, but you're character is a lot older than mine, so maybe we just had different times.

Sybea: Had this character stayed around to the end, I would have worked with you hand in hand, and I think we had the same ideas as for how the guilds should be run. I really liked your roleplay, and fwiw, I thought you were evil from the get-go.

Ullerakk: One of my only friends, because you were "safe" and I knew I would never deal with you unless I wanted to, and you would never deal with those I did "buisness" with. I hope you learned a lot from what I showed ya, and was always a pleasure travelling with you.

Gularys: The only other real "friend" type to me, and even that was conditional based on what I was trying to have happen in the Empire. Even still, we had a level of trust I think, and that was extremely rare with my character. Loved your roleplay, and the fact that you actually keep up the evil agenda even with allies, Gold an all that. Keep it up, you're gonna go real far you keep playing your cards as you do.

Jahlik: Friend? I dunno, you had a price on your head, but the character that wanted it wasn't around nearly as much as you, so it was more beneficial for me to roll with you instead of him, even if we did have some of the worst luck when we ran together.

Villagers, you guys were my prime targets of thievery, simply because if I wanted to find you, I just goto the eastern road, or knife the giant, and BINGO you come running with pockets wide open.
I will say this though
Zindereth: I felt real ####ty after that kill, but I felt would have been breaking character to not take that oppurtunity like I did, especially after your buddy half-looting my corpse. I know you were just being IC, but then again, so was I. Sorry though, it left a bad taste in my mouth, but it had to be done, in Roelkin's perspective.

I am sure I made countless enemies, because I was stealing from anything and everything left and right, and getting some kills along the way. Telling anyone just enough of what they want to hear to get close enough, or just enough of what they don't want to hear to make mistakes.

I will say this though, being an evil lying little backstabbing scumbag is just what it is, and it's really an insult to roleplay and EXTREMELY out of character, I think, for so many people to spout off how cowardly I am, and #### you this, #### you that, because I stole your inventory but am not stupid enough to fight you straight up. Some of the tells I was getting really just made me want to quit playing, and go find something else to do.

If I forgot you, give me a shout and I'll give ya an explanation or however that goes.

I took city ties, up to shadowdissappear, which I didnt get to really use yet, and up to Knife in thug path, simply because without Knife, or wielding an exotic weapon, I just had Nothing to do combat wise but dirt/disarm. I thoroughly enjoyed the class though, and Immortals did an awesome job with the revamp considering how I remember thieves. Thanks for the game you guys make, because I call it my home.

Merry Christmass everyone.

-Rogue

QaledusTue 27-Nov-07 07:31 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63720, "RE: Alright guys, props and all that"
In response to Reply #4

>Thieves.. Eww. I haven't tried a thief since dual backstab
>was a skill, and even then I never got very far, maybe to the
>teens, tops.
>
> I heard a lot of mixed things about thieves, and most people
>didn't think it would be a character I liked, but I had more
>fun with this thief than I did with any other character I've
>had, druids, rangers, warriors, whatever. On top of that I was
>uncaballed.

While I didn't spend a lot of time watching you, you did manage
to catch my eye a couple of times and seemed to take to the class
very well overall. Maybe dial back the dirtbag aspect of the
character personality next time and you'll probably open up some
new areas of the thief class for yourself.

Q

>Merry Christmass everyone.

Anyone else think of Zodiac after reading this?

RogueTue 27-Nov-07 07:43 PM
718 posts
#63721, "What's wrong with playing dirtbags?"
In response to Reply #6

I work in Retail, it's my job to eat ####, kiss ass, and make everyone Else feel good about themselves. CF is where I let the little monsters out

Any tips as to what I was missing? Or do you mean more-so that I had virtually no friends IC. Don't get me wrong, I had every intention to play the character that way, but was I doing anything wrong, or just doing things "not nice"?

Thanks for your comments as well, didn't expect be on your radar.

QaledusWed 28-Nov-07 01:33 PM
Member since 09th May 2004
458 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63736, "RE: What's wrong with playing dirtbags?"
In response to Reply #7

> I work in Retail, it's my job to eat ####, kiss ass, and
>make everyone Else feel good about themselves. CF is where I
>let the little monsters out

Well, you did that.

> Any tips as to what I was missing? Or do you mean more-so
>that I had virtually no friends IC.

Mostly this. Being a completely friendless prick doesn't really
leave your character a lot to work with in terms of development.

> Don't get me wrong, I had every intention to play the character
>that way, but was I doing anything wrong, or just doing things
>"not nice"?

Nothing wrong, just from my perspective it was an interesting
character and it would have been neat *for me* to see the
character care more about something beyond himself.

Not a criticism.

> Thanks for your comments as well, didn't expect be on your
>radar.

It was a brief blip, obviously, but I thought I'd comment since
I did get a chance to watch a little.

Cheers,
Q

RogueThu 29-Nov-07 12:22 AM
718 posts
#63768, "Thanks Qaledus"
In response to Reply #9

I appreciate it. I'll put some more effort into what I do next, and try to "open up" a little so to speak. Thanks for having some interest in the character at least, from a stand back standpoint.

Silquas (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 02:32 AM

#63728, "Damn you.."
In response to Reply #4

You still owe me for the help I gave you. I didn't -really- expect anything back, but thought it'd bring some interesting rp.

Was fun running around together. Still can't believe how quickly your donations shot up.

Good luck on the next.

RogueThu 29-Nov-07 12:24 AM
718 posts
#63769, "RE: Damn you.."
In response to Reply #8

Man, I found the sweetest spot, and just kept at it for a long time, on top of that selling things off like crazy! I stopped donating when I hit a million, and that's probably the most I've ever gathered with any character.

You were a pretty cool guildmate, real down to earth it seemed like. I had fun talking guild talk with you.

Jahlik (Guest)Wed 28-Nov-07 11:29 PM

#63764, "Dood, we rocked together."
In response to Reply #4

That bad luck was just us losing to a rager, it happens. Aside from getting pwned by a dagger spec's bleeding while hasted, we were unstoppable. You were cool and I'm almost glad you deleted, I figured if an opportunity came across where taking me out would be big in your favor that you'd do it. Lots of fun man, see you next time.

zindereth (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 02:44 PM

#63783, "RE: Alright guys, props and all that"
In response to Reply #4

No worries, I was expecting it. I just didn’t think you would actually be able to kill me. I felt bad because every time we grouped you ended up dead. I remember you died three times to those damn elf flail specs in the battlefields. Good times!

TheBloodingFri 30-Nov-07 10:04 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2007
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63821, "GLWYN Roelkin!"
In response to Reply #4

Sad to see you go, you were awesome to travel with and showed me quite a bit. Ullerakk considered you one of his very few friends. I knew with you around it would be good times. I definitely knew Roelkin would screw other people but at least not Ullerakk if he gave you no reason. Very few people stay in character as well as you did and I appreciate it. That made the experience of CF much more enjoyable.

The one thing that really sticks out to me, is when you ate three deaths to that Elven Archer in the battlefield. Zindereth flees, and because of the timing of your dirt kick the Archer immediately turns on you and kills you one hit while ghosted.. I remember just cringing OOC like I could feel the pain.

Merry Christmas to you to Rogue and good luck with your next!

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. ~ Plato

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63713 Previous topic | Next topic