Subject: "(DEL) Sakhta the Dedicated Student of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6331
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 05-May-02 07:47 AM
Member since 17th May 2024
16856 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6331, "(DEL) Sakhta the Dedicated Student of War"

Sun May 5 09:46:23 2002

1 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Sakhta perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:174
PK Ratio:59% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Another day then., Sphinf (Guest), 06-May-02 10:20 AM, #14
Reply RE: Another day then., Sakhta (Guest), 06-May-02 12:19 PM, #15
Reply Loooooong one, sorry!, Sakhta (Guest), 05-May-02 08:46 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, thralkoz (Guest), 05-May-02 09:29 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Boy Scout (Guest), 05-May-02 09:45 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Sakhta (Guest), 05-May-02 08:13 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Boy Scout (Guest), 05-May-02 10:33 PM, #9
     Reply *snorts*, KatistrofiK, 05-May-02 09:50 AM, #4
     Reply RE: *snorts*, Sakhta (Guest), 05-May-02 01:06 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Dragendor (Guest), 05-May-02 09:51 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Ooqogar (Guest), 05-May-02 10:23 AM, #6
     Reply long time ago..., Abernyte, 06-May-02 01:41 AM, #10
     Reply Farewell, Intronan, 06-May-02 06:14 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Farewell, Sakhta (Guest), 06-May-02 08:07 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Loooooong one, sorry!, Swirzza (Guest), 06-May-02 08:37 AM, #13

Sphinf (Guest)Mon 06-May-02 10:20 AM

#6332, "Another day then."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the kind words.

You were tough to fight. I remember jacking you on eastern when I was more or less prepped up. A couple of nice backstabs went through, but instead of fleeing or panicking you quickly switched to some appropriate weapons and commenced to put the hurtin' on me.

I have to say one of the most fun times I had harassing you villagers was following you to the drow city, then stealing you utterly blind...coins, weapons, etc. I think I tried to fight you briefly there, but as I recall there was a paladin and another there that I didn't want to tangle with, and you were plenty tough on your own.

Good job, and good luck on the next.

Sakhta (Guest)Mon 06-May-02 12:19 PM

#6333, "RE: Another day then."
In response to Reply #14

>I have to say one of the most fun times I had harassing you
>villagers was following you to the drow city, then stealing
>you utterly blind...coins, weapons, etc. I think I tried to
>fight you briefly there, but as I recall there was a paladin
>and another there that I didn't want to tangle with, and you
>were plenty tough on your own.
>

Oh yes I remember that. I tried not to seem annoyed but damn I wanted to see you just for one second And you did attack me when we were fighting one of the drow, but by the time I switched to you, you fled. Which was of course the right thing to do at the time. Anywya, after that incident I was paranoid for a long time and let my groupmates carry stuff for me

Sakhta

Sakhta (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 08:46 AM

#6334, "Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #0

Well here goes...
I had told Intronan a few days back that this ways comming..
I'm moving to Canada permenently from Detroit, and in the process
heading home to my real home, Pakistan, for 5 months. Won't have
internet access there, or atleast not reliable enough to actually
play.

Been playing on CF for 4 years, but infrequently at best other than
the last year and a half. Sakhta was definitely the most fun I had
with any of my chars. For those who thought I was a female in RL and
treated me differently cuz of it, ha! gotcha! Just wanted to try the
female RP for a change, and also wanted to take a look around sirine,
which I had not done in the 4 years I was around. Never had a storm
warrior either, nor ANY sword OR whip spec. So there were a lot of
firsts for me.

Battle is by far my favorite cabal. I guess warriors suit my style
first of all. Secondly the comradary is unmatched in any other cabal
in my opinion. The imms have given it great, albeit confusing at times, direction and focus. The powers, though seeming overpowered at times, do balance out over time and are exactly what are needed to keep things going. Any less and the village would collapse, any more and they would be unstoppable.

With Sakhta I know I had to RP the "good" while slaying elves and what
not. So I tried to at least explain why I attacked etc, was always willing to talk about it and quite often gave the opponent a chance to flee if they were not expecting me to attack (i.e. they did not realize I was a rager, and saw me as a friendly storm giant instead). I never ever looted anything other than what I really needed, and that too I often did not take. So I felt I did well with playing a good aligned rager.

Some bitching.. I really felt I deserved more in terms of rewards from the Imms. Just being blunt here sorry. But..
After the first Rites I took part in, I was told I came very close to becomming the leader. BUT I was not givin any of the other positions either because those had been chosen before the Rites even took place. I thought that was rather unfair and had to work hard to get past my frustration and have fun again. Zenguko was made leader, which was fine by me.
When Zenguko was demoted, rites were not free-for all. I talked to Thralkoz and was told that he and Grubbin were the contenders (as told to him by Thror). Again, that was upsetting, so I approached Intronan about it and next day Thror told me I was among the three to be considered. Of course I let me self down again and got beat. Again, no title or position. Now I was really getting frustrated, I felt I was doing a good job, everyone else was telling me the same,
yet no title, no position. Throughout I kept asking for "tasks", which I know is not the best way to get tasks/quests, but I was running out of time. Never got didly to do. Bah, i'm sorry for going on and on, but had to let the frustration out finally. Overall I had a great time, the above was my only gripe.

Some good-byes, sorry if I missed ya. I'm getting old and frankly can't remember #####. And i'm also getting cranky with age, so don't mind the critical views at times. You all make the game as much fun as it is. Thanks for that.
Following by order of level

Thror: That above paragraph was mainly aimed at ya Sorry, but just telling it as I felt it. I'm sure you saw things differently from up there. Maybe you witnessed one of my stupid deaths, or even more than one, and then I could never change that impression you had of me. Just guessing here as to why the lack of interaction I had with you. None whatsoever.

Vahlen: Although I had always followed your religion, from char creation, I did not pray even once till I was hero. Did not think I was ready till then. Maybe I left it too late. Then the couple of times you were visible and did not respond to my prays really made me quit on you, since I knew I had at the most 3 weeks of play left.

Intronan: What can I say.. you kept me going. you were always there to talk to and listen. My favorite character in CF for the 4 years I have played. Thanks for the title there in the end and the chances you gave me throughout my life.

Battle:
Thralkoz: Had great respect for you as a warrior. Did not like your fire-giant-attitude of course. Did not think you were a good leader either. You were just "there". I completely disagreed with your gangbang attitude as you well know. Infact that is something I was surprised the Imms allowed. For those who do not know, my stance was
only necessary force should be used in a kill, while Thralkoz felt more force the better.
Hated Pind though

Grubbin: Did not fight alongside you much, but from what I heard you did really well. Once you reached Hero there was a marked change in your attitude. Started giving orders a lot. Some times I didn't care much for it, but sometimes it was appropriate. Well done.

Lohrn: Most others thought more of you than I did Don't get me wrong, I thought you did well. No faults I saw, but quite possiblly due to my playing time, I did not see you often.

Swirzza: Really liked you. You were just the likeable kind. For some reason I had the feeling that you were a semi-newbie. None of the bad aspects of CF had touched ya yet I always enjoyed it when you were around. Hopefully you will get to Hero soon. Good luck to ya.

Ooqogar: The gutsiest of us all. You just had the heart of a lion! I always envied that. But, I did not think you were doing well overall. In the sense that a lot of times you headed into certain suicide. Sakhta felt that was harmful to the village, that your "courageous" death was worth squat to us. Wanted to talk some sense into you at times. But damn I envied the all-out attitude!

Solphia: Naturally saw you as a good companion due to our race and gender. You were always fun to travel with. Sad to not see you around later though. Don't know if you deleted.

Others: I did not encounter anyone whom I thought should not be in the village. Everyone did well and I was really enjoying my time there.

Warlocks:
Not going to name any separately..you were always an interesting fight. I also felt a little bad at times when I won. Felt good about leaving your things, and also about getting my things back if I died.

Scions: Faced quite a few in my younger years but then not many at all. In the end, with deletion in sight, I started making stupid mistakes and that led to a couple of deaths to Scions. Although, Dwoggurd, well done with that kill on the docks.

Nexans: Did not face many of you. Not alone atleast. Sphinf! God you were annoying. I wanted so much to kill you! But you played a thief to the T. Excellent job.

Dawn: Sinde and Lalgar, you were good friends but not as much interaction as I could have done.

Sylvans: Not much interaction at all. Shaakat in my earlier ranks, don't know where you went off to.

Barons: Acallsho, wanted to be friends with you really. But you were annoyin at the same time Ulfin, sorry about killing ya the other day in Aridhol when I was thirsting, you were fun.

Tribunals: Riatsila, you were a good friend, thanks. Dugrai..n, I really enjoyed killing ya the one time I did

Independants: Only Brindelbik comes to mind...always a tough opponent, well done.

Hopefully I can play again after 6 months or so. Some of my other recent chars...

Aylkar (Rager warrior)
Mausum (Scion invoker)
Talwar (Paladin, pre-cabal maran)
Zyadtryuik (Empire AP)
Drungarr (Empire ranger, one of the first!)

Lots of others, none anyone might even remember.

Man, I wrote a lot. Again, I apologize if my blunt critical views upset anyone, I had a lot of fun playing Sakhta, and that was mainly due to the players I interacted with. So thanks! Lots of logs comming to the Dio's forum near you!

thralkoz (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 09:29 AM

#6346, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

We certainly had different views indeed, that was the real fun part with Rp with Sakhta. I did not gang everyone, but I just don't see a brutal fire giant really caring how someone he hated so much died. Everyone I spoke with seemed to either Hate Yulithe or Pindy, but liked the asshole Thralkoz, wierd... pindy was just the lovable gnome, but had a barbarians temper of course like all of the village does. odd no one liked him *shrug*

Boy Scout (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 09:45 AM

#6343, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

You were tough, and it's a shame for both sides of the fight that you're gone. The hero range seems to be getting more dull by the day, and then extremely fun for a day, then back to dull again. You seemed to be one of the consistant heroes (meaning that you'd log in regardless of conditions in-game). Kudos. I didn't know a -whole- lot about you, but from what I hear and see, you did really well. I also liked Aylkar. It's sad that you're away from it for the next 5 months, but after that, you'll be playing from Canada. *grin*

Enjoy your time in the homeland,
-Boy Scout

PS, Pakistan isn't between Detroit and Canada

Sakhta (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 08:13 PM

#6344, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #3

It's sad that you're away from it for the
>next 5 months, but after that, you'll be playing from
>Canada. *grin*

Yeah you're probably right. CF won't cleance from my blood that quickly.

>
>Enjoy your time in the homeland,
>-Boy Scout
>
>PS, Pakistan isn't between Detroit and Canada

Well..it is if you take the longer route over the rest of the world to the west BTW, which char knew Aylkar? And which one knew Sakhta? If you're still playing that char of course I don't expect an answer.

Boy Scout (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 10:33 PM

#6345, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #8

I knew Aylkar as a few characters, primarily Jarel and one waaaay back when you just got inducted, and we went running through dol guldur ranking with your new powers, and some seantryn tribbie (don't know what makes me remember that part). I really liked Aylkar. As for Sakhta, it's a current character. Feel free to look me up in five months, I have a feeling he'll be dead by then.

If you "find your way" into an embassy or something over in Pakistan, I bet their connection would be at least as fast as Graham's is now (heh).

And have fun, there has to be something that will keep your mind off of cf for 5 long months...
-Boy Scout

KatistrofiKSun 05-May-02 09:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6341, "*snorts*"
In response to Reply #1

And here I was thinking *you* rarely showed. I guess it must have been our playing times indeed. I was usually sporadically from 3pm-10pm EST.

I liked Sakhta a lot, and I really felt you deserved some sort of reward, so I was happy when I saw you had gotten the title. You were definitely a great addition to the Village. I remember back in the rites, when we fought. I was so afraid of your flurries, I made it #1 priority to get those damn swords out of your hands. I forgot how the fight went, but I know it was *very* close, but I ended up dying. Some of the best times I had with Lohrn, were with Sakhta. Thanks and good luck with everything.

Sakhta (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 01:06 PM

#6342, "RE: *snorts*"
In response to Reply #4

>I liked Sakhta a lot, and I really felt you deserved some
>sort of reward, so I was happy when I saw you had gotten the
>title.

Thanks! Though, I had to actually ask for a title at this point In not so many words of course.

I might have a log of our Rites fight, if I do, i'll definitely post it. It was very close.

Sakhta

Dragendor (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 09:51 AM

#6340, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

I just want to reply to one of these deletes, I finally got tired of
reading them, I am gonna miss all of you, I wish you fellas would have
been around when and before Yulithe became commander over me. but thats besides the point... *wink* Thralkoz. I didn't get to battle with any of you alot, different playing times I assume, but when I was arround, I usually got ignored so I did my own thing. Sakhta you were a very strong warrior, at times made me wish I was a giant. Lohrn, and Grubbin, both of you impressed me because from what I herd most of the time I could not hold a candle to either of your ability to fight. Thralkoz I liked you even though you hardly ever talked to me, I prefered our long conversations as Yulithe, and discussions about the village, I assume the reasoning behind Thralkoz and me not getting together much is I tend to stay pretty happy, being drunk half the time... well not to say too terribly much but enough, good luck to you all.

Ooqogar (Guest)Sun 05-May-02 10:23 AM

#6339, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed my interactions with you. Was always difficult dealing with the storm giants in the village because of the potential for disagreements with the fire giants. I think overall it ended up working out well. Good luck with Canada etc.

AbernyteMon 06-May-02 01:41 AM
973 posts
#6338, "long time ago..."
In response to Reply #1

I learned a valuable lesson about RP in its vaguest sense. I had played many ragers and when I was inducted with my newest one I still had the knowledge from all my previous ragers. I would get stuck into people, heros alike for usuing or suggesting crap tactics. I was pulled up for it by Nimbus (yes it was that long ago) and he said basically to chill out and play the characters, the new vilager etc and so I kept Grubbin quiet till he hero'd then he was looked on as an experienced villager and I could offer advise etc etc although I never bawled anyone out for it as grubbin was sound of mind. I got the impression from many of the villagers I encountered, from the number of deaths they incurred or things they said, that they were newbie-ISH and so I looked to teach a little as I went along and think thats why I got hooked up with drillmaster. Perhaps I should have penned things more but thats the old school rager in me, I would rather tell or show someone than write a note like a mage

I disliked sakhta to begin with but she grew on me.

see you again in the fields I am sure.

IntronanMon 06-May-02 06:14 AM
25 posts
#6336, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #1

Although I knew this was coming, it still makes me a bit sad. And I give myself a big kick in the *ss for not titling you earlier. Sorry about that, you certainly deserved it. As for being told by others that you were not in consideration for the last Rites that were held... bull... you were. In fact, all who enter are considered. That's why the Rites are held. Thror and I don't say to ourselves... "it'll be this one or that one..."... we actually watch the Rites, all parts of them, and base it on that.

That being said, I truly liked watching Sakhta grow as a character. Insanely dedicated, showed up no matter what, and did an excellent overall job. Always liked talking to you, as I've told you many times. You told me 'I hope you don't mind me pestering you for advice'. Hell no, that's what I'm there for. And you did it IC, and in a great way. Sakhta will be missed... I'm glad I made the game more enjoyable for you, for you certainly did the same for me.

Intronan

Sakhta (Guest)Mon 06-May-02 08:07 AM

#6337, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #11

>As for being told by others that you were not
>in consideration for the last Rites that were held...
>bull... you were. In fact, all who enter are considered.
>That's why the Rites are held. Thror and I don't say to
>ourselves... "it'll be this one or that one..."... we
>actually watch the Rites, all parts of them, and base it on
>that.
>

When I said that I was referring to the time after Zenguko was demoted, only Thralkoz, Grubbin and I were being considered.. there was no free-for-all entry kind of thing. Atleast that's what I remember. In any case, didn't mean to quibble about such a small matter, when I wrote my original farewell post, I was on a roll with letting my frustration out

On another note, I can't wait till you have your own religion. Though I know that will take a while still. Oh and one more thing... as a rager, even with Aylkar, I sorely missed a religion for the combat sphere. Perhaps you imms up there can figure out how to cover it. Thanks again!

Sakhta

Swirzza (Guest)Mon 06-May-02 08:37 AM

#6335, "RE: Loooooong one, sorry!"
In response to Reply #1

Hey Sakhta.

I, unlike some others, did not see it coming. The moment you
got your title, I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I
figured at least you are going to stay around for a while,
seeing how it's only Rieger, Shamus, Rekuch and I of the regulars
right now. And now this. And now Destrinax, too. It's always
sad when the fall-from-power happens like this, with the
people deciding en-masse to delete, rather than having the
other bastards work for it fair and square by killing us.
But in a sense, maybe this is better -- given that Battle has
to go through cycles, maybe this is a way to go: knowing that
we were the toughest SOB's out there.

I really had a great understanding set-up with you. Nearly
form the beginning of Swirzza's life, when it was Omodonore,
Yulithe and Thallius from the higher-ups and me and assassin
whose name currently escapes me from the younger ragers, I
sorely missed some company, at least only for interaction. Then
you showed up and, even if we did not rank together as much
as we could (should?) have, it was much more bearable. I liked
Sakhta's style every bit of the way, from the beginning to the
end. Like you, I admired our crazya$$ fire berserkers, but
unlike you, I didn't do much trying to quench it out

And now for some of my replies to you. I'd appreciate the feedback.

>Swirzza: Really liked you. You were just the likeable kind.
>For some reason I had the feeling that you were a
>semi-newbie. None of the bad aspects of CF had touched ya
>yet I always enjoyed it when you were around. Hopefully
>you will get to Hero soon. Good luck to ya.
>

Thanks for the compliments, though I'm curious about the "semi-newbie"
stuff. How did this show? This is the most important question for me.
In terms of time, I believe I'm about to rake up my first year on CF.
In terms of heroes, I had one human warrior and one human mage, with
some intermediary chars in between (30-ish AP's, rangers, thieves).
I've had some time to be touched by "bad aspects of CF" though I
try to shake them off as much as I can. Would be even better if you
told me what bad aspects you had in mind.

>Some bitching.. I really felt I deserved more in terms of
>rewards from the Imms. Just being blunt here sorry. But..
>After the first Rites I took part in, I was told I came very
>close to becomming the leader.

Well, I sorts of felt like that about you, too. But then again, Battle
really, really had (and damnit, still has) great members. Everyone was
_really_ good and camaraderie is unsurpassed, as you wrote. Everyone
deserves titles/quest weapons/quest skills (which is amazing, seeing
as how I thought Battle was RP-less cabal before I got inside of it).
I guess we can't all have it, seeing how people on DIO's were bitching
already about the amount of quest weapons and titles in Battle as it is.
In a perfect world, though, we would have. But think of it this
way: be you a loud-mouth or a quiet type doing his stuff damned good
(like Shamus, for instance), just BEING in a Battle is honour enough.
I think it will always be that way for me. Funny how easy it is to hate
them when you're on the outside and love them when you get to know
them, huh? Besides, I had no idea you could actually ask for rewards.
How does that work?

Concluding words: good luck with the trip. My trip bash trip home
to Europe is coming at the end of June, so I'm going to have some
time at my leisure to try and hit the hero ranks, what with the
constant gang-bangs and re-equips. Have fun with your trip to Asia,
and depending on where you move in Canada, bring some sweaters.
Been living here for five years already. See you in half a year,
if the real-world doesn't swallow me.

Swirzza.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6331 Previous topic | Next topic