Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Champion..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62651
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 14-Oct-07 01:24 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16910 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62651, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Champion of Ancient Ways, Veteran of Battle"

Sun Oct 14 13:20:11 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Teutonium perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:307

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 03:03 PM, #2
Reply A decent customer...and tough villager. (stuff inside), Clarisandrie (Guest), 14-Oct-07 03:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: A decent customer...and tough villager. (stuff insi..., Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 08:58 PM, #11
Reply Weldone...STXT, Adina (Guest), 14-Oct-07 03:44 PM, #6
Reply RE: Weldone...STXT, Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 09:00 PM, #12
Reply Awsome, Ilmdrin (Guest), 14-Oct-07 08:14 PM, #7
Reply RE: Awsome, Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 08:55 PM, #10
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Golhyrr (Guest), 14-Oct-07 08:36 PM, #8
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 08:52 PM, #9
Reply Yeah, Zennon (Guest), 14-Oct-07 10:53 PM, #14
Reply RE: Yeah, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:23 PM, #28
     Reply Dos Iron Flails (nt), Zennon (Guest), 19-Oct-07 04:09 PM, #51
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Beaubril (Guest), 14-Oct-07 11:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:27 PM, #29
Reply Never did get you you slippery dude.., Lechlerr (Guest), 14-Oct-07 11:53 PM, #16
Reply RE: Never did get you you slippery dude.., Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:29 PM, #30
Reply We had some fun fights., Folutar (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:50 AM, #17
Reply RE: We had some fun fights., Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:17 AM, #22
Reply Dammit!, Batu (Guest), 15-Oct-07 05:34 AM, #18
Reply RE: Dammit!, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:30 AM, #23
Reply Well hell., Sybea (Guest), 15-Oct-07 07:23 AM, #19
Reply RE: Well hell., Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:37 AM, #24
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Vanakoth (Guest), 15-Oct-07 07:45 AM, #20
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:47 AM, #25
Reply Le sigh, Breamly (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:12 PM, #27
Reply RE: Le sigh, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:34 PM, #31
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Its Bink (Guest), 16-Oct-07 09:14 AM, #33
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 16-Oct-07 10:45 AM, #34
Reply Soddin Half-life, Ysaloerye, 16-Oct-07 11:24 AM, #35
Reply RE: Soddin Half-life, Teutonium (Guest), 17-Oct-07 05:01 PM, #41
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Iunna, 16-Oct-07 07:58 PM, #36
Reply RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!, Teutonium (Guest), 17-Oct-07 04:58 PM, #40
Reply Almost Forgot, needed to say another thing, Teutonium (Guest), 17-Oct-07 05:25 PM, #43
Reply Didn't like the character., Pro-Man (Guest), 16-Oct-07 11:13 PM, #37
Reply RE: Didn't like the character., Patick, 17-Oct-07 09:23 AM, #38
Reply And if you didn't take them off?, Pro-Man (Guest), 18-Oct-07 06:20 PM, #44
Reply Pro my man.., Kads (Guest), 17-Oct-07 12:37 PM, #39
Reply If I like you I say so., Pro (Guest), 18-Oct-07 06:22 PM, #46
Reply RE: Didn't like the character., Teutonium (Guest), 17-Oct-07 05:02 PM, #42
     Reply Ayep, Pro (Guest), 18-Oct-07 06:21 PM, #45
          Reply RE: Ayep, Teutonium (Guest), 18-Oct-07 09:47 PM, #47
               Reply I'm actually having a hard time remembering the ranger'..., Pro (Guest), 18-Oct-07 09:57 PM, #48
                    Reply RE: I'm actually having a hard time remembering the ran..., Teutonium (Guest), 18-Oct-07 11:09 PM, #49
                         Reply My goods don't kill with out some pretty cut and dried, Pro (Guest), 18-Oct-07 11:29 PM, #50
Reply Stand Out Char, Yean, 21-Oct-07 03:26 AM, #52
Reply Well done., Perdray (Guest), 31-Oct-07 09:04 PM, #53
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Cham..., Evori (Guest), 14-Oct-07 02:56 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Cham..., Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 03:07 PM, #3
     Reply Oh, no, "not only evil mages" ) ...stxt, Doweran (Guest), 14-Oct-07 03:32 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Oh, no,, Teutonium (Guest), 14-Oct-07 09:05 PM, #13
               Reply Aww, Patick (Guest), 15-Oct-07 10:18 AM, #21
                    Reply RE: Aww, Teutonium (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:50 AM, #26
                         Reply Hahah!, Patick (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:08 PM, #32

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 03:03 PM

#62654, "I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #0

What a fun character. I did not want it to end. Trying to rank with this character was a source of frustration. Groups at the end were hard to put together; either I didn’t have the time or there wasn’t anyone I could group with. To add to the frustration, every time I did get a group going it would get interrupted somehow. Beyond that frustration and often times being outnumbered by enemies, I had the most fun with this character I think I have ever had. I loved playing a battle elf, and I think I managed to pull it off. Some areas could have used improvement. I look back and frown at myself for a few of the deaths I had. I was a bit reckless with the character for a time, and regretted it later on.

I learned a bit about role writing at the end of this character. I had a good concept for the role, but, I realized later how I could have added more depth to the character via the role command. I’d love to hear some Imm comments about my role and their opinions of it.

I didn’t want to drag this out and make you read a lot, but, it seems inevitable. The only other thing I want to say before heading to the goodbyes is a comment about the name. I was having a writer’s block of sorts coming up with names and somehow decided on the name Teutonium. I couldn’t honestly say why, just that I found some humor in the name when I chose it. I know it sounds metallic, and it probably detracted from the legitimacy of the character. Still, I chose it, and by the time I really thought about it, it was too late.

I have many I’d like to say goodbye to and if I forget to mention you, please don’t get upset. I just am not sure I will remember everyone after the amount of time I put into this character. Please toss me a comment, I’m curious to know how this character was perceived by others.

Battle:

Golhyrr: It made me think a lot about an elf following a drow. As this character saw it, you were doing the world more good than many lightwalkers were by fighting magi, even though you were evil. You are tough as hell. I liked fighting next to you, and tried hard to impress you.

Raatok: I hope you get better. A tough giant is very helpful for the village in raiding the Nexuns and getting Veil items. The two times we fought you beat on me pretty good. In the rites I failed just about everything I tried to do against you. Get well soon!

Teelc: Glad to see you’re coming back around. I enjoyed fighting with you, and liked your character.

Vhergruhl: I wasn’t sure what to think about you at first. It seemed like people were saying some nasty things about you when you were an applicant. It seems to me that this was intended as part of the duergar role. Everything I saw of you as a villager was outstanding. I still can’t believe you drop the f bomb over the cabal channel like that. I cracked up, because, again it was how I’d imagine a duergar.

Sananto: You seem like a standout yourself, good luck and keep it going.
Behrious and Begelrut: You went before me and said goodbye already. Both great villagers.

Kotljar: You are a great villager too. Glad to see your getting in the hero range, the village needs it.

Drahmim and Malek: You two dwarves seem very good for the village as well. I am glad I got to interact with you both a little bit.

Jichii: It’s been awhile since you died, but, I got a chance to interact with you quite a bit as a young villager. You were a great skjald and I was bummed you deleted.

Meraconn: I liked your character. Thanks for the help finding the skull. You seem to be doing very well.

Immortal:

Yean: Thanks for the induction and the interview. You are awesome! I’ve nothing but praise for you. I really want to thank you for the attention you gave my character.

Ysal: Thank you very much for the con quest. I know I spent it quickly, but, that’s the life of a berserker I guess. I was so relieved you were around to make that poultice. I had a con of 4 with two deaths to go, and then I aged to middle age and lost that con point. I technically should have been dead. Your roleplay is spectacular.

Kastellyn: I appreciate the fact that you came and talked to me when I concocted that plan to post Begelrut at the pit to wait for the mage to recall. I also think it was you that made me a Vet and gave me the edge. Thanks for that, too. It made this character so much better.

Iunna: I appreciate the talks. I didn’t know you were dormant when I decided to follow the religion. I think that explained why it seemed to me to be a bit strenuous to talk to you at times.

Nexus:

Breamly: We had some great fights. I liked being able to stand a chance against the dragon. It seems that many cannot. We had some good talks and I always chuckled at your speech patterns. Rakesies. Heh.

Yrillbink: I wanted to kill you once sooooooooo badly. Fighting bards is a tough business, and I came close at least once. Otherwise you seemed to come out on top. Although, it doesn’t hurt to have a mongoose to jump in front either.

Dumbin: I was setup to fight gnomes wells. You did do well the times we fought.

Glimdar: I enjoyed our interactions as enemies. You earned a lot of respect from me.

Zennon: We had some good fights. You were tough. That time I killed you near Tir-Talath I thirsted. That is what turned the battle my way, it wasn’t as much the STSF as you thought.

Scion:

Igbah: You’re a tough giant. I had a tough time fighting you. I respected you a lot.
Durzan: I can’t believe you cleaved me in half!!! I wanted another shot at you, but, didn’t get it. You were a great enemy. Keep it up.

Zorran: The first few times I fought you, you destroyed me. I was glad I got a chance to kill you once. You’re definitely tough.

Empire:

Vanakoth: We had some great fights. I definitely enjoyed having you for an enemy. You’re doing well. Keep it up.

Savarnic: You are tough as well. We had some good battles.

Eoria: You got me that last time we battled by sleeping me. I entered the flee command right after you did. You fled, and I saw you aren’t fighting anyone when my flee command came through. I tried to move, but, you had already came in and slept me.

Fortress:

Pesawwkt: Thank you for the help getting the elf head. I was glad to have you as an ally. You seemed pretty tough.

Herald:

Xhirathos: Fantastic interaction with you. What more can I say? I completely enjoyed speaking to you at the inn. Thanks for the help. I was sorry to see you get assassinated.

Sevenna: It is good to see your back around. You were a good friend and I wish we could have spoke some more at the end.

Patick: I liked you, but, I had to try to be distanced from you at the end for waving that potion around in front of me.

Others:

Sybea: Your play is excellent. I found the story line very interesting and loved how it played out between us. We started off friendly, and, then came to odds when I fought Istalin. You mentioned something about paying someone to kill me? Who was it?

Pacheko: It was good learning with you. I wished we could have done more. You helped me out a lot in that area.

I am certain there are more, but, this is taking awhile and I cannot remember more. Post something if I forgot and I’ll respond!

This is a great game, and thanks to everyone for making it so. Especially to all of you imms. I will most likely be taking a break now but we will see. I am on and off with this game. The last character I played was Jun, which this character was a significant improvement in my mind. I hadn’t played one in a while before that. If I see you it will be in the fields!!

Clarisandrie (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 03:40 PM

#62657, "A decent customer...and tough villager. (stuff inside)"
In response to Reply #2

I liked watching your fights. I was about quite a bit watching in the shadows. I did a few choice steals from your foes which messed them up pretty good. Not even sure if you noticed. SOmeone would be fighting you, move to reengage, and wield secondary weapons, or try to switch to polearm....then realize their weapons were missing.

It was fun following you about. Though you were as broke as they can get.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 08:58 PM

#62666, "RE: A decent customer...and tough villager. (stuff insi..."
In response to Reply #5

Heh, yeah I didn't carry alot of gold around with me. I would fall and it would get taken. Anytime I gathered a decent amount I'd stash it in the bank because I'd need it later. I had no idea you were doing that from the shadows, that is great! I hope you got some nice stuff out of it. I'm interested in reading your role when it is available.

Adina (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 03:44 PM

#62658, "Weldone...STXT"
In response to Reply #2

I wanted to interact with you. You asked me to group but I was decked out with magical stuff, so I had to say no. When I lost my set, I got busy or you were not free.

I played Villagers before and I found it hard to level near heroes. Anyways, good luck, and see you in the fields.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 09:00 PM

#62667, "RE: Weldone...STXT"
In response to Reply #6

It's a bummer we didn't get to interact more. I am happy you turned the request to learn down because of your gear. As a player I always get torn on what to do with non villagers that you group with. Usually, I try to get them to remove the magic stuff, but, that is such a hassle that it sometimes makes me avoid grouping with non villagers all together.

Ilmdrin (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 08:14 PM

#62662, "Awsome"
In response to Reply #2

Well done.
After watching you fight and roleplay quite a few times from the shadows I toyed with just never going after you. I enjoyed the fights and interactions, Definately one of the toughest stalks I ever had.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 08:55 PM

#62665, "RE: Awsome"
In response to Reply #7

Yes, there are some I knew I forgot in my goodbyes. You definately being one of them. I was really intrigued by your roleplay. I knew you could assassinate me and if we were to battle it would be on your terms. Yet, you seemed to just watch for the most part. A great angle on the interaction. A very cool character from what I know. I am curious why you assassinated Xhirathos, I am sure you have a good reason, but, I never found out what it was.

Golhyrr (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 08:36 PM

#62663, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed your character a lot. I tried to be a bit stand-offish because you were an elf, and I was a dark-elf, so clearly there was still rivalry between us, but at the same time you were a great villager, and that was something I openly admired at the same time. I hope you enjoyed yourself.. I feel bad that I didnt have the time to help you gather what items you needed.. As I remember it Ravon and friends ended up owning our faces off and then I had to take off soon after. Anyway, good luck with your next and keep up the quality characters.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 08:52 PM

#62664, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #8

That is no problem at all. I knew you were standoffish because he was an elf. That rivalry and the drow mentality is the reason why I wanted to impress you. You are Commander, and, from a roleplay aspect Teutonium wanted you to know that an elf wasn't inferior to the drow. Keep it up, I liked your direction with the Veil and stuff.

Zennon (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 10:53 PM

#62670, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #2

It was fun fighting you. I'm pretty much bored with Zennon and making him Age Die is a chore. And I'm finding myself acting un-Zennon-like more and more. You were the ONLY enemy to actually do something when you didn't have two or three people behind you. I can't say I ever saw you in the guild.

And I know what really lost that fight for me, it was rager resist. You could have thirsted all you wanted, without rager resist you'd have been toast. That round you hit me four times pre-flurry had nothing to do with it... *cough cough*

I guess I'll go suicidal with Zennon now that I have no one interesting to fight.

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:23 PM

#62709, "RE: Yeah"
In response to Reply #14

Resist helped me, but, as I remember it you were hitting me pretty frickin hard through the resist. Nice job defending that time against Teelc and I. Very nice work pulling me in to the guardian. It was too bad we both missed bashes on you right before that!

Zennon (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 04:09 PM

#62810, "Dos Iron Flails (nt)"
In response to Reply #28

nt

Beaubril (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 11:45 PM

#62671, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #2

Well we had a few interactions I think I mostly tried to leave you be you seemed to have enough oposition. Cool char for the most part only heard good things for the most part even though we didn't get to chat much.

See ya in the fields

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:27 PM

#62710, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #15

If I remember correctly we did begin to get into a discussion once, that I intended to finish but never did. It was time to log off and you had just worked me over pretty good. You shifted out of form at the giant and I thought what the heck... I'd been able to beat on gnomes pretty good with my fist. I was injured and ran in to attack. It was a dumb attack, but, sometimes those risks pay off. You were expecting it and shifted before I could land a crushing blow and killed me easily. Was fun though!

Lechlerr (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 11:53 PM

#62672, "Never did get you you slippery dude.."
In response to Reply #2

I watched Teutonium a lot from the shadows... and saw you run from fight to fight like a banshee attacking mages and I saw you leave a couple corpses. Props for pulling off an Elf Rager and not giving up. Players like you are what makes this game fun-- sticking out characters like you did is becomong a lost art and props for it.

I wish we got a chance to speak some but that just wasn't in the cards this time arounds I guess. Well done.

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:29 PM

#62711, "RE: Never did get you you slippery dude.."
In response to Reply #16

Thanks for the words. You worked me over pretty good every time we fought and got the jump on me a few times. I usually managed to escape near death. Great work, and to echo what you said, I wish we got more of a chance to speak too.

Folutar (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:50 AM

#62675, "We had some fun fights."
In response to Reply #2

Or atleast, they were for me. Always fun to bash down elves who aren't reduced 24/7.

I didn't log them unfortunately. You would have killed me alot more, but I was either insanely lucky, or you were insanely unlucky in our fights (Like the one on the outskirts of galadon).

GLWYN

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:17 AM

#62701, "RE: We had some fun fights."
In response to Reply #17

We did have some good fights. There were some very close ones. I really needed to try hard not to let you retreat back behind the peon. If you did that I knew I'd lose for sure. I just didn't have enough hp to battle through that.

Batu (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 05:34 AM

#62681, "Dammit!"
In response to Reply #2

Fought you a few times, and I am sorry to admit that almost all of the times were ganks. Only had a few one on one fights with you, bashed you quite hard a few times but the last one was insane. I just couldn't hit you at all! Sure, you didn't hit me very hard at all, not even capital letters, but I NEVER got one single hit and fled with 200 hps or so. I was SO suprised!

Well, cool char, good luck with the next one!

See you in the fields!

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:30 AM

#62703, "RE: Dammit!"
In response to Reply #18

I remember that fight. I was wondering if you had some protection up. I am sure if we would have had a few more go's at it you'd come out on top too. From everything I saw you did well with your character. Batu from my perspective was what an imperial soldier should be. I would get frustrated getting ganked, but, not pissed at the players or characters that did it to me. Especially imperials; that is what imperials do. They are a nation of evil conquerors. The way to fight them is to have numbers too. There was a time there though that if I logged on during the day I knew I'd have at least a half a dozen imperials to deal with. The most I counted was nine in range at one point. I died alot to you all during that time and I -almost- deleted. But, held off and was glad later I did. I never did well against multiple people with this character. Elves are just too unhealthy and don't dish enough damage to standup to groups. I always tried to fight one on one because that was my only path to success.

Sybea (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 07:23 AM

#62682, "Well hell."
In response to Reply #2

Enjoyed our interactions quite a bit. The first time we met, I think I was there to kill you (hence the back-up) but you took Sybea by suprise and we ended up chatting a bit. Sybea always liked the villagers, but she felt a bit odd, obviously, given the situation. Your roleplay was fantastic, and I never saw even a spot in it that seemed to stray from the extensive amount of info I had from our first few sit down chats.

So, imagine my suprise when I came to the Village to 'get you back' for killing Istalin infront of me. I was like... What? But, honestly, Sybea would have come if you were going to kill her or not. I did tell you that if I couldn't do it, I'd have someone else do it, and I did. Flurry, by the way, sucks. Badly.

I'll wait until the character's dead, but the person I paid was extremely happy to do it, and all it cost was something I'd stolen off an Imperial anyways. Ahem. It was more like:

"Oi. I stole this off an Imperial. My necromancer friend doesn't want it, you want to buy it?"
"You'll have to wait, killing some BattleRagers"
"If you make the Elf's head roll, you can have it for free"

And behold, a moment later, you were dead and running by me to get back to your corpse.

I just wanted to point out that the last time I knocked you out, one of the lv 20ish Duergar ragers ran out on the road and stood over your sleeping self. I told him he could leave, obviously you'd know it was me, and he did squeeze your ass and leave. I wasn't making that up.

Good luck with your next.

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:37 AM

#62704, "RE: Well hell."
In response to Reply #19

I didn't want to kill you at the village. But, you had some traps set and I went with it. It was completely understandable that you would want my blood after what happened. I forgot about the duergar. Vhergruhl was logged in what I died the last death and he admitted to touching me while I had been put to sleep. I am looking forward to reading his role. I had no idea how to react, so when you told me, whether or not I believed you I figured it was best to let that subject lie. Then when he told me, I was just dumbfounded. Quite a twist, and it is comical.

Vanakoth (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 07:45 AM

#62683, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #2

Hehe, yes we had some good fights. I think the rule of thumb for me in fighting you was that I'd come out on top if I had barrier but die or run near death if didn't have it. You were always up for a fight and a good opponent. Good luck with your next!

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:47 AM

#62705, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #20

Yes, barrier definately tipped the scale your direction. It was always fun. That last time we fought I was actually trying to retreat to the village. We battled, you fled, but, we both were hurt. I thirsted and there looked and saw both you and Ravon there. Next I hear Golhyrr saying over the cb to get back to the village immediatly if I can't dispatch of you instantly. So I begin to run back to the village, thirsting, and just happened to bump into you in the lane. I killed you, but, it was too late. Ravon was already on top of me and I got killed. That's the thing about this game. I would die and think how unlucky I was and if things would have gone "normally" I wouldn't have died. Expcept that is normal, the chance for failure unavoidable and the chance to make a mistake is there. It would be pretty abnormal if you always succeeded at everything.

Breamly (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:12 PM

#62707, "Le sigh"
In response to Reply #2

I liked you ALOT. Having played ragers who have fought dragons I know the pain, but I dont think Ive ever been destroyed that bad before. You were always willing to mix it up even if the odds were poor and you always were cool about fighting. Im glad to see berserkers con die (sucks you couldnt hero) because it shows that you really played like a berserker and not like some of those that avoid fights even if they cant win. Again props to you, good luck with the next. No more rakesies teutty.

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:34 PM

#62712, "RE: Le sigh"
In response to Reply #27

Heh... No more Raksies. Thanks alot. I liked your character a ton too. It was excellent interaction. You got me your fair share too. I remember one time we had battled down near the gates to the dwarf forest. I was losing, retreated, and started heading to the village. I knew you were behind me and I thought it would be no problem making it to the village. Suddenly, I see the next room flash onto the screen with you already in it just waiting to rake me. That was all it took. I was in a state of disbelief and shock because I couldn't figure out how you got ahead of me. Then you explained you could sprint and it all made sense! That made me a bit more wary from there on out about where I fought dragons.

Its Bink (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 09:14 AM

#62737, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #2

You had a lot of tricks up your sleeves, It was great fun thinking of ways to counter them and I enjoyed our fights throughly. In the beginning I had an upper hand always but once you started the bash routine I did begin to get the creeps until I found a way around it. Lucky for me you missed a lot and I prepped a lot to fight you. I even had 'prot vs good' sometimes. Hehe. You weren't tough early on but I think you got into a groove later on and became quite fearsome. Well done, you did infuse some dread into a lot of other nexuns I spoke to. I hope to see you again in the fields before I plop!

Bink

Teutonium (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 10:45 AM

#62740, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #33

Thanks for the words. I did get better fighting you at the end. But, that just made the fights more exciting because they got a bit closer to even. You had some clever ways of countering what I did (didn't know about the prot vs good, nice to that) and I had to try to change up my plan so it wasn't too predictable. I remember chasing you down Voralian, and I was going nuts getting dragged back by the current and moving forward when I passed you on accident. I saw you resting, and thought you might be low on mana or moves. As it turned out it you were just preventing the bash so you could sing symphonic echoes. I hated that song, I never had much of a chance when it was sung. There were a few times I knew I should of switched my lagging attack from the bash to a crushing blow or something. I remember thinking that as I hit the bash command for the third time one fight, and missed. You got a away and healed then came back and songed me up. Excellent job, and well played. Fighting you prompted me to start wondering if there was a way to purposely defean yourself to avoid the bard songs.

YsaloeryeTue 16-Oct-07 11:24 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62741, "Soddin Half-life"
In response to Reply #2

Yes well we all know the half-life of Teutonuim now.
You started out a little wobbly, but eventually hit a stride.
I cringed for you in the Rites, you got royally smacked around a few times.
Thanks go to Rayhin for getting hold of Daevryn in time to not have you con die when your age dropped your con. By all rights you should have croaked, so say thanks to the some minor buggy code! I was glad we could extend the fun a bit.

Bring on the next

Teutonium (Guest)Wed 17-Oct-07 05:01 PM

#62758, "RE: Soddin Half-life"
In response to Reply #35

I did get hammered in the rites. At first I wasn't able to show up as I had a big family function happening. I somehow managed to show up for it, but, was playing from a uncomfortable and distracting environment. I got manhandled pretty good and ended up thinking I might have been better off not coming. And thanks to Rayhin and Daevryn for the con help too (bug too!).

IunnaTue 16-Oct-07 07:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#62746, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #2

>Iunna: I appreciate the talks. I didn’t know you were dormant
>when I decided to follow the religion. I think that explained
>why it seemed to me to be a bit strenuous to talk to you at
>times.

Well, this puts me in an awkward position. I'll be honest though
and tell you that the standoffish nature was pretty much entirely
based on a couple of things.

1) I didn't really know what you wanted whenever you approached me.
I assumed it wasn't religion related because you didn't fall under
any of the spheres.

2) Your role talked a lot about Macalla. Understandable, you're a
warrior. People who approach me that can't possibly follow the
religion (again, wrong sphere) and are warriors tend to draw my
skepticism.* This tends to make me feel like a legacy whore.
I'm not.

3) When it seemed like you thought about trying to follow the
religion, I felt like you thought Macalla was in some part related.
It isn't really, but I guess to some it could be.

4) Dormant, yes. That was also part of it.

*To be fair, I'm cynical when it comes to the warriors who do
follow me due to the Macalla connection.

Teutonium (Guest)Wed 17-Oct-07 04:58 PM

#62756, "RE: I am depressed, it is over! What fun!"
In response to Reply #36

I considered whether or not to use the Macalla or not in the role. I thought I could just as well use some generic group, but, I didn't think it would hurt. I also didn't know much about the religion and thought it would be a good learning experience. That is why I approached you with questions. I really wasn't angling to have you teach me Macallan ways, but, rather work through the meditation aspect of the role and how he got on the path he was. The sphere (revelation/divinicy) tied into this, because he sort of divined the truth about magic and the world through his meditations. He began as a man without direction, and suddenly by meditating and using the skills taught to him as a monk (forget about Macalla) he was able to find his way. Which when I did learn more about the religion I started to see a connection with this and the navigator bit. By this time though I had found out you were dormant and stopped pressing the issue.

Teutonium (Guest)Wed 17-Oct-07 05:25 PM

#62761, "Almost Forgot, needed to say another thing"
In response to Reply #36

I didn't mean to put you in an awkward position. I am greatful for the detailed feedback. I play this game for the enjoyment of it. I'm not here to piss people off and ruin their enjoyment of the game by bad mouthing them. Further on that point, I want to have as successful of a character I can. That, to me, also makes the game very enjoyable. And character feedback is important, especially from the imms. This is simply because the imms watch from behind the curtains and are the ones who are major influencers of a characters success. Some people may not care if the imms do or do not like their character, but, I am not that way. I want the rewards and immteraction; that adds a whole new exhilirating element to the game. That is why I asked for opinions in my good bye post. If I am to play another one I want to know how I can do better.

So, Iunna, thank you very much for your response.

Pro-Man (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 11:13 PM

#62749, "Didn't like the character."
In response to Reply #2

I thought your justification for attacking anything that moved was lame and unbecomming a Battlerager.

I can't help but wonder how many goods you killed because of charred bracers.

PatickWed 17-Oct-07 09:23 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62750, "RE: Didn't like the character."
In response to Reply #37

dude your stupid, When we would travel he would look at my items and ask me to take them off, or he would point out that I was holding a potion. There was one time where He and I traveled with a Healer. The deal was healer heals me not him and everythings a ok.

Teut was probably a better rager!

Alpha-Q

Pro-Man (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 06:20 PM

#62784, "And if you didn't take them off?"
In response to Reply #38

He wasted a good ranger of mine whom he never even looked at because I could cast the armor spell.

Threatened to kill another goodie of mine if he wore anything with a magical aura. Yeah. That's goodly behavior.

Kads (Guest)Wed 17-Oct-07 12:37 PM

#62751, "Pro my man.."
In response to Reply #37

I am coming to a point where I give the same amount of weight to your opinions on in game stuff and characters that I do to your opinions on politics and social issues.

Any how much love and please don't come find me cause of my post.

K thanks

Pro (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 06:22 PM

#62788, "If I like you I say so."
In response to Reply #39

If I catch you pulling stupid #### I say that too.

An Elf, running down and killing goods based upon their clothing is a bit much.

Teutonium (Guest)Wed 17-Oct-07 05:02 PM

#62759, "RE: Didn't like the character."
In response to Reply #37

Are you that same guy who says I killed his good ranger? You sound like him.

Pro (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 06:21 PM

#62787, "Ayep"
In response to Reply #42

A good ranger who never even used a spell in front of you. And you attacked with out so much as a glance after you started making off the wall threats from a distance.

Like I said. I could care less how well played you were. I didn't like the character/player behind it after that.

Teutonium (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 09:47 PM

#62793, "RE: Ayep"
In response to Reply #45

Whatever guy- flame on. I don't remember attacking anyone -just- because they wore charred bracers. You seem pretty distraught by the whole experience. I'd love to see a log. The only rangers I killed, as far as I remember, were 1) a nexun applicant 2) one who tried to ambush me. The others I fought were for good reason. There was one good ranger in that bunch, but, I didn't kill him, and didn't attack him. I only fought him because he defended his mage groupmate. Why don't you look on my PBF when it comes out just how many good people I killed. I think you are full of ####.

I find it hard to respect a comment from a guy who has been nothing but a #### in every medium I have seen him. You were a #### IC with your quickly deleted elf. You were a #### when I paid you compliment on that elf's forum. And you are solidfying your position as Captain ####head by prolonging the flame here. You won't even say the name of this ranger I supposedly killed. Why don't you have fun with this game? Why be an ass? Why be hateful? #### you.

Pro (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 09:57 PM

#62794, "I'm actually having a hard time remembering the ranger'..."
In response to Reply #47

It was an Arial Hunter. CG.

And you flat out attacked him so I engaged you. You won the fight. It was on the Eastern Road in the oasis.

Getting angry and calling me names doesn't change my experiences with your character. I don't make things up, I have no need to.

You, attacked, or threatened to attack my Good characters over trivial ####.

As far as Eliphas went, he was role written to not get along with Battleragers. It was just a coincidence when it was you he came across on the road that day.

I may have logged that encounter because of how you reacted to our interaction. I thought it was lame, and seeing that it occured some 4 character's of mine latter from our initial encounter, I think it's reasonable to assume that you behaved that way through out the life of the character.

That being said, I see many good comments about you, so there was probably a lot to be said about you. I didn't see it with either of our two very limited interactions.

Teutonium (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 11:09 PM

#62797, "RE: I'm actually having a hard time remembering the ran..."
In response to Reply #48

Did you say something to my character along the lines of "my feathers are made of magic"? I think I remember the fight. I don't remember instigating the fight, but, I remember killing you because of that comment. You must be the ranger I thought to be a nexun applicant. No one else, in my mind, would make such a comment to provoke a villager. It was definately not a mindless kill for wearing magical items. I am sure you know that villager rules, especially about the one that says to treat those who have succombed to magic as an enemy. By saying that qualifies to me. Whether you were a nexun or a good character, you can't tell a villager you're made of magic and expect to not have conflict from it.

I understand your experience as a ranger with my character wasn't good. However, that is from your POV, you apparently didn't know mine. I -tried- to be very careful about rp'ing kills, especially questionable ones. That is why I asked for a log. I looked through my logs and don't have it. Yet, I do remember the battle.

I said it in another post I play this game for enjoyment, not to piss people off or have these spats. I will apologize for throwing names because of that. I am frustrated because I feel you are belittling me as a player for something that a) I couldn't defend myself over because until now it was so vague b) it influenced other character interactions and c) you seemed to go out of your way to repeatedly bring it up, again, without concrete evidence so I had no way of defending myself.

Pro (Guest)Thu 18-Oct-07 11:29 PM

#62798, "My goods don't kill with out some pretty cut and dried"
In response to Reply #49

Parameters.

I've goaded a Good or two into attacking me in the past and thus cost them a spot in the Fortress.

Good people don't go around murdering out of frustration or anger.

Hey man, if you weren't generally like that, then that's cool.

YeanSun 21-Oct-07 03:26 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#62849, "Stand Out Char"
In response to Reply #2

Teutonium was a stand out char, and I enjoyed him a lot. You were often the only one about during bad Village hours, and when I didn't get to see you, I'd see all those needed or useful notes sent, so your presence was very much alive in the cabal. Elf berserkers are great to bump into once in awhile, and I enjoyed your rp as well. I'd say all your immteractions and rewards were well-deserved..roll another Battle soon!

Perdray (Guest)Wed 31-Oct-07 09:04 PM

#63154, "Well done."
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed my interactions with you. A shame I could not be around as much as I would have liked to travel and wreak havoc with you. Watching the rites was a blast with you and Gol involved. Admittedly you had a real handicap with level and all, but I bet on you. Sorry Gol, had to go with the Elf. Glad Kastellyn didn't bet big with me on that one or I'd probably be sweeping the floors to his shrine for life. Well done once again and I look forward to what you bring on next.

Perdray

Evori (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 02:56 PM

#62653, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Cham..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice character, interesting to see how you weren't a raging "must kill every mage now now now!" but rather you seemed to only kill evil mages. Was interesting seeing you interact at the Inn with everyone, seemed like a solid character. Good job, and good luck with your next.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 03:07 PM

#62655, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Teutonium Val'Turreane the Cham..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks! I had a lot of fun at the inn. If it seemed that way with the mages, it wasn't totally intentional. I actually sent a letter to the fortress as a young villager proclaiming my intentions to kill ALL magi, including the good ones, with my reasoning.

Doweran (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 03:32 PM

#62656, "Oh, no, "not only evil mages" ) ...stxt"
In response to Reply #1

He attacked my nonevil mages on sight

We had not interacted much but I liked what I knew about you (with my previous char)

Thanks for your "mercifull killing" in Voralian when I fought psychic vampire

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 14-Oct-07 09:05 PM

#62668, "RE: Oh, no,"
In response to Reply #4

I had attacked people before while they fought mobs, but, when I saw you I felt that something was right if I attacked you. For instance, like it would be percieved as a cowardly attack or dishonorable. Then it occured to me that you might not want the mob death, so I offered to help. I do not know anything about the vampire or if it is possible to help you kill the vampire. But, that wouldn't have worked with you being a mage. I did enjoy the little interaction we had, and probably did with your other character too.

Patick (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 10:18 AM

#62696, "Aww"
In response to Reply #13

Heh Sad to see you go my friend!

Hrm Well I didnt really mean to wave it infront of your face and all.

Well I really enjoyed traveling with you the few times we did, and hanging around you in the Inn. You played a good char, and you hit pretty damned hard.

Remember that one time up with the skeletons where it was you me and a healer, Haha. You had like three skeletons chasing you and you kept fleeing and the healer and I would focus on one. And then we visited the Spectre where you "Would Have" survived had you allowed the Healer to do her job, but you stuck to your role. Then we had that other incadent with that Evil Outlander leader guy, The transmuter. *sigh* We always had something ruin our travels

Teutonium (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:50 AM

#62706, "RE: Aww"
In response to Reply #21

I know you didn't mean to do it. You had just died, gotten your things, wore all and happened to hold a potion in your hand. Oh well, it happens, I still enjoyed the interaction and the invoker on a stick! I think more villagers would come there to eat if they knew you served invoker meat. They'd probably start dropping fresh headless corpses off daily for butchering...

Patick (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:08 PM

#62729, "Hahah!"
In response to Reply #26

That was a one time special, Heh I hoped you thought that was a musing!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62651 Previous topic | Next topic