Subject: "In the Fields, nothing kills more..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61513
Show all folders

Jichii (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 12:08 PM

#61513, "In the Fields, nothing kills more..."

Than real life.

My time flew down faster than my hps in a nexun/scion gank, and won't be picking up for some time. Like so many of my oldies, if I don't play them enough I start to lose character and within two weeks struggle to roleplay with the consistency I enjoy. In the end, it's better I just delete and restart with one of the many other ideas I have waiting in the sidelines.

I have to keep these goodbyes short unvoluntarily, I'll get time to expand on them tomorrow.

Imms: Thanks all around, especially for the understanding on Twist's part! You are the man. I felt really guilty about my widespread campaign against the shadier side of your history. In terms of propoganda wars, it was a pretty soft spot for your character and in my view a 'low blow'. But I've always loved politics and as the Mighty Ritur once said - 'Forget of honour! Dirty fighting wins'. Thanks for all the rewards too, and the tatt. I wish Arvam was still around today to be proud of my edgified drinking skills I think I actually drank more alcohol than any character in CF history.

Battle: All of you guys are awesome. Except that one minotaur, who was retarded. But other than that you all kicked more ass than a convention of International Donkey Abusers. Much heart.

The guys who went to Hell with me. I can honestly say that is THE best time I've ever had on CF. A pity my penis collection never got past '2'

To the previous owner of the dried giant todger - Lawl.

To the previous owner of my huge spiked phallus - Double Lawl.

Nexus: This one largely goes out to Xilia, who is damn cool. I'm glad you stopped dying like an idiot because I was actually getting very annoyed with that. CF is competition dude. It's not fun if your opponent walks up to you and commits suicide. But past that, you guys were a pretty rough crowd once inductions went high. Nice job.

The rest: There were some awesome characters out there, from the mental Scion's who's Objects of Power I was tempted to add to my member collection to the funky possessed Outlanders. Love ya, more tomorrow

Yhorian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Cool char, Yean, 15-Sep-07 07:18 AM, #19
Reply Goodbyes for BATTLE, Jichii (Guest), 13-Sep-07 07:06 AM, #16
Reply RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE, Derik (Guest), 13-Sep-07 07:46 AM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE, Rut (Guest), 13-Sep-07 09:02 AM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE, Jun (Guest), 16-Sep-07 02:26 PM, #20
Reply Great char!, Throkk (Guest), 13-Sep-07 05:56 AM, #15
Reply And the last of finally bites it, Armonk (Guest), 10-Sep-07 09:17 PM, #12
Reply Like i said in my goodbye, Awk (Guest), 10-Sep-07 08:03 PM, #11
Reply Man, Drezen (Guest), 10-Sep-07 07:12 PM, #10
Reply RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..., Kalageadon, 10-Sep-07 05:55 PM, #9
Reply I had two ideas who you where, Guy (Guest), 10-Sep-07 05:44 PM, #8
Reply Nah., Jichii (Guest), 11-Sep-07 02:18 AM, #13
Reply Ah, Damn!, Kastellyn, 10-Sep-07 05:33 PM, #7
Reply I had to work nearly all Sunday, Yhorian (Guest), 11-Sep-07 02:25 AM, #14
Reply RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..., Lyristeon, 10-Sep-07 04:59 PM, #6
Reply RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..., Berak (Guest), 10-Sep-07 03:40 PM, #4
Reply RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..., Kerili (Guest), 10-Sep-07 03:00 PM, #2
Reply I pretty much did that to everyone., Jichii (Guest), 10-Sep-07 03:05 PM, #3
     Reply I just figured the player behind it was bi-polar! :) nt, Dejebi (Guest), 10-Sep-07 04:30 PM, #5
Reply at jichii c lig jichii, Twist, 10-Sep-07 02:55 PM, #1

YeanSat 15-Sep-07 07:18 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61664, "Cool char"
In response to Reply #0

I had an inkling this was you..Not that you're predictable, but your char had a great amount of flair..and you really made me wish I had a mortal playing on your side Having ran with a couple of your chars, this one didn't pale in comparison to any of your previous. Respects to great rp and mad skills. Roll up another when you can, and hope to cross your path again someday soon. Luck!

Jichii (Guest)Thu 13-Sep-07 07:06 AM

#61599, "Goodbyes for BATTLE"
In response to Reply #0

Begel('rut): Plugging away when no one else is, respect. Good luck on heroing, and standing out from the million other battle-svirfs that came before

Dejebi: Thanks for running about with me, and putting up with my grumpy git roleplay. Did you manage to log the Rites? So few of the Old Crew made it there

Berak: You were just great to play with, not to up tight about performing as long as you kicked a generous amount of asses about. Gave you this pretty fun, relaxed style of play that made a big change from some of the more up-tight members of our village. Your combo played out amazingly well for exploration, if we'd had you in the lower bowels of hell - we might have actually done a helluva lot more than what we did.

Awk: Turkey! We did some of the best adventuring I've ever done. Ever. How did the arial sword berserker feel and play for you overall? I loved how you'd often pick on the fortress over CB

Brinkmun: An inspiring hard-ass, with neato roleplay. I really didn't care if we stomped over our foes for a victory or went down screaming 'Full lootz! NOOOO!' - it was always fun with you. I've got to get around to reading your role, and figuring out what the last of the Khra'quek meant.

Vhloughvang: A really hardy commander, with the drawback I mentioned before. A shame you weren't around more to pull in those applicants because you could actually lead when you were around. Well played.

Armonk: Thanks for helping out in Hell, and glad you enjoyed the run. Dwarves are tough as nails, and bard songs really compliment them well. I still can't believe you con-killed a dwarf in (just) under 200 hours!!! It's not like you were even bad in a fight, you just seemed to get a connection problem at the wrong time - or turn a corner into a flat out gank situation.

Tyltor: I really enjoyed you being around, and was sad when you no longer were We never even got you to hero! And I know you'd have gotten a huge kick out of our hell-trip

Jun: Ah, the odd-one-out Villager. Always wondered how a good-align would play, and how I'd justify it. You pretty much had it figured and it showed. You also worked really well with a pretty odd skew towards pure offense on a defender, showing me a stranger side of battle tactics I hadn't considered. Although it was also evident the lack of defense got you smudged across the Eastern a fair bit too

Drovis: I really enjoyed having a Drow look down on me for being a half-breed. You represented that perfect combination of dark-elfness and villager that had me believing you were both to the core. Ontop of that, a regular ass-beater! Like a modern day Livion in terms of deathfulness but eating a large number yourself in a short space seemed to really bring you down. If I ever saw a nice sword on a corpse, I'd always be thinking 'I wonder how many people Drovis killed with that, before they stole it off him'.

Duruzkin: The 'got to' guy for the Destructor. The only reason that guy doesn't move from the shrine, is because you got there in half the time, and did twice the damage! Sweet moves.

Elm-whatsist: Elmath? The young arial, I really liked your style and was looking forward to seeing you rapidly promoted to Hero. Keep at it.

The rest: I've forgotten you, but you are no less loved. My memory is just that crap!

Derik (Guest)Thu 13-Sep-07 07:46 AM

#61600, "RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE"
In response to Reply #16

Nice bard homie, I was a huge fan. Jichii pissed me off sometimes, but so does any lazy bastard so that was cool. Well done and good luck with the next

Gery

Rut (Guest)Thu 13-Sep-07 09:02 AM

#61602, "RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE"
In response to Reply #16

Your songs helped me out a lot as I was coming up through the ranks. I really enjoyed the rp and even started drinking myself. Thanks for the kind words, hopefully I can live up to them. I am trying really hard not to be a human or dwarf in svirf skin. Good luck with your next.

Jun (Guest)Sun 16-Sep-07 02:26 PM

#61686, "RE: Goodbyes for BATTLE"
In response to Reply #16

Thanks! I have known Jichii with another character as well, and can say that you were one heck of a person to interact with. I loved the drunken wit you brought with the character. I really believed you were a soak (maybe you are and it was natural... kidding). I did get hammered alot without the defense. Maybe I should have been a giant.

Throkk (Guest)Thu 13-Sep-07 05:56 AM

#61597, "Great char!"
In response to Reply #0

I was very fond of Jichii. From the well-played out hatred for Twist, the drunken bitterness, and the fun silly banter.

I particularily enjoyed exchanging pick-ups for women. Heh.

Thank you for getting me that final level with Berak. Throkk would never ask for that, but he wasn't about to turn such a good offer down either.

It would have been cool to fight along you, but you were primarily fighting nexus, who Throkk didn't have a beef with at that time.

Good luck with RL, and looking forward to your next.

Armonk (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 09:17 PM

#61544, "And the last of finally bites it"
In response to Reply #0

I kind of felt like you, me, Awk, Dejebi and Berak were the Village for a good while there. Glad to see that you kept trucking for as long as you did when the rest of us bit it. Sucks that life killed the char, but it happens. The hell trip was awesome, and so was the char. Luck with the busy life and hopefully we see ya back.

Awk (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 08:03 PM

#61542, "Like i said in my goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

One cool cat, loved the RP had some fun, you were a blast to be around except that one time you kept sleeping me at the shrine, i was actually going to cranial you then we decided to raid and got smoked back and forth. Good luck with rl and come back soon.

Drezen (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 07:12 PM

#61539, "Man"
In response to Reply #0

We had some serious close calls, and though I was VERY annoyed with the gang you and that duergar fella tried to pull on me in Hamsah, you weren't afraid to come at me solo later. (Imagine that, a bard not worried about a duergar! )

I still think one of my Most Unlikely Escapes was the time you had me slept in the Underdark. My god, how did I get out of that? I was so dead.

KalageadonMon 10-Sep-07 05:55 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61538, "RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..."
In response to Reply #0

I cant believe you deleted, but thats the way it goes. You were by far my favorite villager from even before I was a villager. I was very sad to see you not attend the rites as I think you woulda rocked the house and taken Commander if you wanted it. I will never forget the time you took me ta have those dragon teeth and the conversations we had. Mad props for excellent rp, hope you come back soon.

Guy (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 05:44 PM

#61536, "I had two ideas who you where"
In response to Reply #0

Kinda glad I lost, hah I hold Jagub to a higher pk standard than you.
Pretty classy roleplay I enjoyed ranking with you way back as a lowbie and interacting with you as a hero enemy.
You were an absolutly amazing runner. Just look at him go style runner, I don't know if you spammed your little black heart out or what but I didn't have enough allies to test that fun little theory =/.
Well fought, ps did you ever regret being a defender?

Jichii (Guest)Tue 11-Sep-07 02:18 AM

#61560, "Nah."
In response to Reply #8

Tragedic songs weren't great at healing, so I was glad to have field dressing for a rapid boost. And poultice has a small chance at curing the almighty deafen. Paladins and healers are few and far between, and it landed nearly 100% if those drow-aps pierced my spellbane. Even through divine saves So I even had a leg up on most of the bards out there. There weren't any situations I would have rather had a scout, and I sort of took defender because I was expecting my PK stats to be incredibly bad (and so, could at least play off being super-supportive). Although Scout would have allowed me to fair much better in ST and Hell. Critical hit is the Bomb for exploration.

I was pleasantly surprised when I earned a good enough score for Sounder of the Knells!

Yhorian

KastellynMon 10-Sep-07 05:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#61534, "Ah, Damn!"
In response to Reply #0

Figured this was coming when you didn't show up for the Rites. I thought you were a cool character all around, and I loved the Twist propaganda angle you threw out there. Lots of fun to watch!

Sorry RL got you, man, but I'm sure you'll throw another great one out there.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 11-Sep-07 02:25 AM

#61561, "I had to work nearly all Sunday"
In response to Reply #7

And when that happens, you know it's getting bad.

I would have killed someone with my bare hands just to be able to SEE another Rites, but having worked all but six of my waking hours last week the last straw really was missing that. Kinda hammered home my priorities when I actually was wavering on quiting to get home intime to enjoy it I would have felt so rotten though as the rest of the team worked on till 8pm as well.

Thanks again, I won't be back in the village in a while but I'll be sure to torment a Berserker just for you man

Yhorian

LyristeonMon 10-Sep-07 04:59 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61533, "RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..."
In response to Reply #0

I am glad you enjoyed the hell stuff. I tried to make it a little more hellish with a bit of the mob interaction. I liked Jichii. Like most battle bards, they are awesome to have around for the rp and the boost your songs give to them. Good luck with the next.

Berak (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 03:40 PM

#61529, "RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..."
In response to Reply #0

Aaah! Berak loved Jichii, I loved Jichii! That time in hell was really kickass!

You showed me ALOT, still remember that time you yelled at me for f***** up against that necro around lvl 35.

Thanks for everything! I sure hope I'll interact with other chars of you in the future!

FEEL THE LOVE!

Kerili (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 03:00 PM

#61525, "RE: In the Fields, nothing kills more..."
In response to Reply #0

You were fun to interact with when I was testing things out with Kerili Drunken illiterate proletarian. I remember you were SO going to kill me when we were both apps, then we ended up ranking up to 40 or so fairly consistently

Jichii (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 03:05 PM

#61527, "I pretty much did that to everyone."
In response to Reply #2

Tried to make sure everyone got the evil-drunk side (Where I'd do everything from HUGE bitch-rants on CB, to personal '#### yous' using tell) and the happy-drunk side. Which mostly involved me trying to be gay. It was a wild ride, and I'm glad no one took the bad side too personally. I tried to soften it where I could with sillyness

Yhorian

Dejebi (Guest)Mon 10-Sep-07 04:30 PM

#61532, "I just figured the player behind it was bi-polar! :) nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

TwistMon 10-Sep-07 02:55 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#61524, "at jichii c lig jichii"
In response to Reply #0

Nice char. Original idea. I had several options on how to treat you - send followers after you, smite you, maim you...but I opted for attempting to force you indoors under copper roofs.

Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61513 Previous topic | Next topic