Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Kawcoo the Champion of Battlefields" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60816
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 20-Aug-07 07:40 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60816, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Kawcoo the Champion of Battlefields"

Mon Aug 20 19:39:54 2007

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kawcoo perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:70

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

ValguarneraMon 20-Aug-07 09:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60821, "Thread locked."
In response to Reply #0

They don't pay me enough to babysit people who need attention.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Kawcoo (Guest)Mon 20-Aug-07 08:14 PM

#60817, "Big RANT"
In response to Reply #0

First of all I just want to let you know that this is a rant before you begin.

I'll begin with this character. A Nexan, seeker of balance, trying to restore balance to the world. Pretty simple you would think, however trying to fight with your hands tied behind your back is ####. Killing like two or three villagers during a raid and putting their weapons in the pit, only to have a cabal mate take them back out and ####ing return them to the downed opponent. Once weapons are returned the villagers strike the inners again to unghost, kill me then destroy or loot half my things because they are magical. This has happened not once, but twice and I am only level 46. Also, having leaders of the cabal bascially demand we not full loot those who come in to raid. Well, ####... I mean why the hell not, if we return their stuff they just kill our inners and eventually kill us. Next, having an Immortal on "your side" who does nothing but belittle you. That is another reason I'm so pissed. After this has happened twice, the immortal I speak to about it doesn't even read half of the stuff I'm saying and then says you must read our texts. Well #### man I have read your texts and you know what? Maybe you should read what the #### I write.

Another thing pissing me off is Cheating.. yes cheating. All these immortals make uber characters and all everyone says is great character! Well guess what, I call them all cheaters. I mean seriously lets take Cabdru for example, he goes into Silent tower and gets an axe that nobody knows where it comes from and he only knows because either 1)he made the area or 2)went their with his immortal and found it. Next example, Hunsobo... yeah great character man, 25 edges, you cannot be serious, one of which you even said you created, the flurry one. You know what you should do is maybe make some Immortal interaction, I know you know what it is, so maybe do some?!? Maybe that would help the player base out just a tad instead of creating a super uber character that rips everyones head off.

Last thing is I used to play years ago when there would be ten on ten battles. Those were the fun times... what the hell is it with the gank code, 3 deaths per con, 2nd round combat non-existant instead of huge assist rounds. Guys, bring some fun back to the game where it doesn't matter if you get ganked down because you'll just gank them back. That is the fun of the game is to kill and be killed not run around alone and try to battle one on one all the time. #### there are only pussies left and I'm sick of it.

Sorry for the language and the insults but they needed to be said.

Irish_MMA (Guest)Mon 20-Aug-07 08:38 PM

#60818, "My .02"
In response to Reply #1

Killing like two or three villagers
>during a raid and putting their weapons in the pit, only to
>have a cabal mate take them back out and ####ing return them
>to the downed opponent. Once weapons are returned the
>villagers strike the inners again to unghost, kill me then
>destroy or loot half my things because they are magical. This
>has happened not once, but twice and I am only level 46.
>Also, having leaders of the cabal bascially demand we not full
>loot those who come in to raid. Well, ####... I mean why the
>hell not, if we return their stuff they just kill our inners
>and eventually kill us.

Oh you mean that they'll enjoy the game a little more because they don't have to gather gear for the next two hours. And they had balls to come raid. Heaven forbid you don't douche it up and pull the ol' imperial full loot. If you're dying after, well, not prepared enough or you shouldn't be doing something in particular.

>
>Another thing pissing me off is Cheating.. yes cheating. All
>these immortals make uber characters and all everyone says is
>great character! Well guess what, I call them all cheaters.
>I mean seriously lets take Cabdru for example, he goes into
>Silent tower and gets an axe that nobody knows where it comes
>from and he only knows because either 1)he made the area or
>2)went their with his immortal and found it.

Uh billions of threads on this, weapon was well built before he went to ST and lastly, what does it matter? People had fun trying to take down 'The Cabdru'. Thanks for making the game fun Nep.

Next example,
>Hunsobo... yeah great character man, 25 edges, you cannot be
>serious, one of which you even said you created, the flurry
>one. You know what you should do is maybe make some Immortal
>interaction, I know you know what it is, so maybe do some?!?
>Maybe that would help the player base out just a tad instead
>of creating a super uber character that rips everyones head
>off.

Are you on drugs? At this point your 'rant' is making my chuckle. Hunsobo, possibly the most honorable, loveable emperor in some time, the uber character ruining everyones fun. Are we playing the same game?

>
>Last thing is I used to play years ago when there would be ten
>on ten battles. Those were the fun times... what the hell is
>it with the gank code, 3 deaths per con, 2nd round combat
>non-existant instead of huge assist rounds. Guys, bring some
>fun back to the game where it doesn't matter if you get ganked
>down because you'll just gank them back. That is the fun of
>the game is to kill and be killed not run around alone and try
>to battle one on one all the time. #### there are only
>pussies left and I'm sick of it.

Oh no, CF isn't about who has more sluts, but who has more talent! (Veteran knowledge kinda owns talent sometimes thought ) Heaven forbid you can raid now and not think MMM NAKED TIME. (I do so love that OTHER naked time.) Anyway, seems the only one pussing out and QQing is you my friend. Just a thought.
>
>Sorry for the language and the insults but they needed to be
>said.

Right back at ya chief. Take a break, let it go and come back strong. Or don't come back at all. Your choice.

N b M (Guest)Mon 20-Aug-07 08:46 PM

#60819, "I only want to add one thing"
In response to Reply #2

Kawcoo is crajy!!

no, but really, people trying to take down Cabdru was fun, I just wish he would have stayed around longer so someone would have finally done him in, that gear needed to be spread some to the player base so they could enjoy the leet gear that not many but imm's have seen.

ValguarneraMon 20-Aug-07 09:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60820, "Dear angry person:"
In response to Reply #1

I mean seriously lets take Cabdru for example, he goes into Silent tower and gets an axe that nobody knows where it comes from and he only knows because either 1)he made the area or 2)went their with his immortal and found it.

1) The axe in question isn't from that area. It's from an area written by someone who is no longer on staff, and the code behind it was written by someone else. He's not the only person to have had it, if memory serves. He acquired it with his mortal, not with his immortal. No one's claimed or presented evidence otherwise.

Next example, Hunsobo... yeah great character man, 25 edges, you cannot be serious, one of which you even said you created, the flurry one.

2) There are a lot of characters with 10-20 Edges. Hunsobo's main advantage? He was around for 892 hours, and was well-liked by both players and staff. Over all that time, you certainly can rack up a lot of rewards. Kawcoo was an unexceptional character who was around for 70 hours. You can't realistically expect to have anything resembling Hunsobo's payoff with less than 1/10 of the playtime and nowhere near his reputation or talent.

3) Most staff members have given ideas to the people coding Edges during the design process. There are more than 600 Edges in the code, though I don't know offhand how many are presently selectable. The fact that one of Hunsobo's 25 Edges is one of the many Edges suggested by Twist is hardly a problem. The Edge was not only available to Hunsobo-- a number of people presently have it.

You know what you should do is maybe make some Immortal interaction, I know you know what it is, so maybe do some?!? Maybe that would help the player base out just a tad instead of creating a super uber character that rips everyones head off.

4) Twist is very active one-on-one with players in general, both as 'himself' and through various NPCs. Maybe your times didn't overlap. I'll let him answer, though I understand if he ignores this moronic rant.

Last thing is I used to play years ago when there would be ten on ten battles. Those were the fun times... what the hell is it with the gank code, 3 deaths per con, 2nd round combat non-existant instead of huge assist rounds. Guys, bring some fun back to the game where it doesn't matter if you get ganked down because you'll just gank them back. That is the fun of the game is to kill and be killed not run around alone and try to battle one on one all the time. #### there are only pussies left and I'm sick of it.

5) 3 deaths per CON is from... 1995 at the latest. Our code notes get fuzzy before then.

6) The 'gank code' was actually a suggestion by players who don't find it so fun to fight when severely outnumbered, and my impression is certainly that it's very popular. Most players don't find being attacked by 6 people very fun.

7) Feel free to take a break. If you're just going to troll for attention with ill-conceived, nonsensical rants, don't.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60816 Previous topic | Next topic