Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Itennu the Champion of Arms, Magis..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60712
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 16-Aug-07 10:20 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60712, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Itennu the Champion of Arms, Magistrate of Galadon"

Thu Aug 16 22:17:06 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Itennu perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:162

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So Long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehen, Goodbye..., Itennu (Guest), 17-Aug-07 07:04 PM, #6
Reply Bleh, Awk (Guest), 17-Aug-07 08:46 PM, #7
Reply Bummer.., Soasinal (Guest), 17-Aug-07 11:32 PM, #8
Reply RE: So Long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehen, Goodbye..., Linaeren (Guest), 17-Aug-07 11:46 PM, #9
Reply I could tell the Mental vuln was getting to you., Thuul (Guest), 19-Aug-07 08:32 PM, #10
Reply Shame to see you go., Pissudin (Guest), 19-Aug-07 09:57 PM, #11
Reply Was it the legacy choices?, Thuul (Guest), 17-Aug-07 04:12 PM, #5
Reply What the..., Dalgorin (Guest), 16-Aug-07 11:15 PM, #4
Reply Hrm..., Lyristeon, 16-Aug-07 11:13 PM, #3
Reply HUH?, Sil (Guest), 16-Aug-07 10:42 PM, #2
Reply Itennu, Tirrael (Guest), 16-Aug-07 10:28 PM, #1

Itennu (Guest)Fri 17-Aug-07 07:04 PM

#60740, "So Long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehen, Goodbye..."
In response to Reply #0

First allow me to apologize for the delay in posting this farewell, with a deletion this hasty people who knew the character are often quite eager to know why. The reason for the delay, however, was so that I could calm down after what was essentially a rage delete and try to write an informative post and not rant but I’m afraid a rant is exactly what this would be taken for so I’ll not post my original goodbye note that addressed the numerous issues that left me disgusted with playing, it was far too long. Farewell posts that try to address the problems they faced are always just called whiners and nothing good ever comes of it so I’ll just give a very brief synopsis of the issues I had problems with.

Cloud Giants – I’ll never play one again. Too many vulns and I just don’t have the disposition to find all of the preps needed to play one effectively. And when I did have preps everyone who wanted to attack me was fully prepped and I had no time to use my own unless I ran into the Spire. Certainly running to another guild has been established as bad. I had ‘Fortress of the Spirit’ for my legacy and I really never saw any benefits.

Tribunal – Let it suffice to say tribs need a true Imm presence. When the last thing you want to hear is the executioner speak over cb there is something wrong. A little positive interaction would be nice once in awhile. The outlanders seem to receive rewards like a boyscout getting candy at a NAMBLA convention. I mean no offense to the Outlander Imms, I’m sure from your observations the recipiants are well deserving but from my perspective I never saw one lick of RP deserving of the titles and rewards so many of them hold.

Ultimately I deleted because of my frustrations with Tribunal, Outlander, and being a Cloud Giant. Playing should be enjoyable and with all the negatives from the above it no longer was.

Immortal Goodbyes:
*crickets chirping*

Mortals Goodbyes:

Tribunal:

Siloreelo – You are great in a ton of ways. I enjoyed every minute of our interactions and I am truly sorry to have let you down but I just couldn’t keep playing under these miserable circumstances. It is a game after all and its supposed to be fun, unfortunately certain players and situations removed any enjoyment for me.

Maethron – Also a great character, very deep, very elvish. Well done and I hope you have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy yourself despite being ‘retired’.

Teleon – Great paladin, you do a great job of balancing being a paladin with the needs of the Spire and your duties as a magistrate. I think you’ve been an excellent Justiciar.

Pissudin – Fearsome vindicator, always a pleasure to have you chasing criminals because it gave those of us in the cities a little time to breath when there were lots of them.

Thuul – Great minotaur, annoying as hell but that is how it should be. Lots of fun.

Iukulli – Too bad about losing Vindicator, but you have a lot more heart than I do to actually find redemption and get back in Tribunal. Major kudos for that.

Tirrael – Another well rp’d paladin. I’m sure you will go far in the Spire. It was a pleasure.

Ormouida – I like this character a lot, it will be interesting to know what that last missive meant. I know you had as hard a time as I did learning lately. I hope you make hero soon.

Babou – You were always there to try and keep me going, getting items, helping me learn. Definitely one of Itennu’ better friends in the Spire and that is saying something.

Geoona – Haven’t seen that much of you but what I have seen is interesting. Try loggin on for more than forty minutes though.

Tribunals I’ve Forgotten – please post and I will try to respond.

Outlanders:
Burzmarh – you were a beast but I think overall we were equally matched. I got you, you got me. Well done on the tat. Too bad you didn’t stick it out.

Jutunn – I hate you. I hate you I hate you I hate you. Not that that is a bad thing, you were ferocious and difficult to kill and when you hit a sick fiend that really sucked.

Linaeren – We didn’t really interact that much but what I saw was impressive.

Battle:
Armonk – Good luck on the geneology, it was really fun talking to you those last few times.

Awk – I thrashed (but didn’t kill) you soundly a couple times when we were in the thirties, then you DB me with an unholy weapon for 550hp. Jeebus pete in panties.
Our interactions were good.

Aciela – That fight in galadon was amazing. I’d love to post it if you don’t mind. Real strong villager, tons of courage.

More Goodbyes to Follow:

Awk (Guest)Fri 17-Aug-07 08:46 PM

#60742, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #6

I couldnt remember if it was another cloud giant polearm spec that beat me up near Hamsah or another one. But yes, you kicked by butt. That deathblow surprised the heck out of me and when I saw you try and boneshatter, I knew it was over. Ive played cloud giants and some people can work with them, i personally cant. The holy/unholy vuln just stinks so I can feel the sympathy. You were a good char and fought well that part was all true. Enjoyed the little interaction we had. good luck with the next.

Soasinal (Guest)Fri 17-Aug-07 11:32 PM

#60744, "Bummer.."
In response to Reply #6

Was hoping we'd have some fun fights at hero.

Good luck with the next.

Linaeren (Guest)Fri 17-Aug-07 11:46 PM

#60745, "RE: So Long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehen, Goodbye..."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, you were just coming into range and I usually have my hands full already with to make extra time for one I wasn't worried about killing me. As for you being frustrated, I can't say that doesn't make me a little happy to know that things are swinging the other way a little, although I don't like that it made you delete. When I'm dead I can send you the first 300 hours of my characters life and show you frustration from the other side.

Thuul (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:32 PM

#60777, "I could tell the Mental vuln was getting to you."
In response to Reply #6

That was why I suggested the Fortress legacy.

Didn't help much huh?

I would love to see the original letter to be honest. What you said about the Ex got me to thinking.

Anyway, I might see your next. I haven't been able to get into a character at all. Carracas being my last attempt.

Pissudin (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:57 PM

#60801, "Shame to see you go."
In response to Reply #6

I liked you, and had hopes for you to go far in the Spire. A shame things did not work well for you, they not always do... Hope you come back soon.

Good luck with your next.

Thuul (Guest)Fri 17-Aug-07 04:12 PM

#60730, "Was it the legacy choices?"
In response to Reply #0

Did they not work out?

Dalgorin (Guest)Thu 16-Aug-07 11:15 PM

#60716, "What the..."
In response to Reply #0

I just saw you on a little bit ago... wtf?

Well in any case, Thanks for the help in the underdark
I was looking forward to travelling with you again it
was fun man.

LyristeonThu 16-Aug-07 11:13 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60715, "Hrm..."
In response to Reply #0

Really surprised at this. Thought you were doing very well.

Sil (Guest)Thu 16-Aug-07 10:42 PM

#60714, "HUH?"
In response to Reply #0

What the F***!

Tirrael (Guest)Thu 16-Aug-07 10:28 PM

#60713, "Itennu"
In response to Reply #0

Really sorry to see you go, you were an awesome person to Role Play with. I think you did an outstanding job as a Tribunal. I hope that you have plenty of luck in the future!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60712 Previous topic | Next topic