Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Battle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60156
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 02-Aug-07 09:56 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60156, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Aug 2 21:53:49 2007

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Jun perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:194

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..., Jun (Guest), 03-Aug-07 01:01 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..., Fregata (Guest), 05-Aug-07 09:47 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..., Jun (Guest), 06-Aug-07 10:40 AM, #10
Reply I relate., Stunnna (Guest), 06-Aug-07 07:41 AM, #9
Reply Good foe, Laviter (Guest), 03-Aug-07 03:53 AM, #3
Reply RE: Good foe, Jun (Guest), 03-Aug-07 01:05 PM, #6
Reply Sad to see you go., Pissudin (Guest), 02-Aug-07 11:07 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Sad to see you go., Bindlehund (Guest), 03-Aug-07 01:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Sad to see you go., Jun (Guest), 03-Aug-07 01:07 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Sad to see you go., Jun (Guest), 03-Aug-07 01:03 PM, #5

Jun (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 01:01 PM

#60169, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a bunch of fun playing this character. It's been almost two years I think since I've played this game so it was fun trying to learn the changes. There have been some incredible improvements to the game since I last played it. I am very fond of the way the Veil works. This game can be so challenging because it makes you think on your feet and there are numerous different tactics. I found myself getting frustrated alot because I would make a mistake and die, and sit at my computer saying to myself "Crap! I should have done this! I knew better why did I think of it a minute too late??!" And then there are the times when you do it right and have success and it makes it all worth while. That is why I kind of relate this game to golf (if any of you play) you can have good shots and bad shots but its that one good shot that keeps you coming back for more. The imm staff has done a wonderful job adding flavor to the game.

I basically deleted because I wasn't being productive in my other duties. I work out of a home office, which is tough to stay in task under normal circumstances, and I would find myself playing my days away instead of working. It would be one of those deals where I would log in in the AM and tell myself that I was only playing for an hour and next thing I know its 5 hours later in the afternoon and I am still playing! The funny thing is that soon as I deleted I found myself rolling another character!! We will see if I play it, I have an idea for a role that I really like and want to try the character. However, I am hesitant because now is a time I really don't need distractions with work.

To all of you I interacted with, thank you. You made it incredibly fun and I enjoyed all of it. -Maybe- I'll see you again in the fields!

Fregata (Guest)Sun 05-Aug-07 09:47 PM

#60219, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #4

I hate to see you go away. You were suppose to give me a recommendation. I made it because of you, there was no other way.

See you in the fields.

Jun (Guest)Mon 06-Aug-07 10:40 AM

#60283, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jun Arillis the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #8

I am glad to have had a positive influence on your character. I liked Fregata alot and was very happy to see that you came back and got inducted. Good luck with Fregata and maybe we will have more interactions in the future.

Stunnna (Guest)Mon 06-Aug-07 07:41 AM

#60253, "I relate."
In response to Reply #4

>I basically deleted because I wasn't being productive in my
>other duties. I work out of a home office, which is tough to
>stay in task under normal circumstances, and I would find
>myself playing my days away instead of working. It would be
>one of those deals where I would log in in the AM and tell
>myself that I was only playing for an hour and next thing I
>know its 5 hours later in the afternoon and I am still
>playing! The funny thing is that soon as I deleted I found
>myself rolling another character!! We will see if I play it, I
>have an idea for a role that I really like and want to try the
>character. However, I am hesitant because now is a time I
>really don't need distractions with work.

This is exactly why I quit playing a couple years ago. Also, you find that your "extra" thinking is tied up solving CF problems instead of work problems. Your subconscious does a lot of problem solving work without you telling it to, and it does it all on what is foremost in your mind. So if you are stressed about a key deadline, your brain will be working on that even when you aren't actively thinking about it. However if the foremost thing on your mind is what your going to have to do to get your 2nd legacy, and what your going to choose, and how that's going to play out with your specs, other legacy, and cabal powers... not to mention who it will work best on, who it won't, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and am I going to get that leader spot??? Yea - see - your brain goes to work on all that stuff, instead of working on the key deadline - and ultimatly I think that's the most dangerous part of CF.

Having said that, I recently started playing again because I think I've developed some stratagies that will keep me on task. If you're interested shoot an email to vigil@plymouthtkd.com. I'd be happy to chat.

Laviter (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 03:53 AM

#60164, "Good foe"
In response to Reply #0

You were always willing to mess with me, even though you knew if I had you in quicksand it was near certain doom for you =(
Good char!

Jun (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 01:05 PM

#60171, "RE: Good foe"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, that is for certain. You caught me in the sand a few times. Ouch.

Pissudin (Guest)Thu 02-Aug-07 11:07 PM

#60160, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

Jun looked like a well played villager who was not afraid to do what he had to do. Unfortunatelly the interaction between mages and villagers hardly goes different from a mutual hate, expecially with expectation of a war between us to explode.

Good luck on your next Jun and thanks for the time around.

Bindlehund (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 01:05 AM

#60163, "RE: Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

Damn, you were always cool with my mage and my villager. Good luck with the next.

Jun (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 01:07 PM

#60172, "RE: Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #2

Thank you, I share the opinion!

Jun (Guest)Fri 03-Aug-07 01:03 PM

#60170, "RE: Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks much, I always wanted to fight you and you were always willing (awesome!). You got the best of me usually, that is why I enjoyed it because you were a challenge. You have a great combo for hunting down criminals.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60156 Previous topic | Next topic