Subject: "Hyrieden checked out folks." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60097
Show all folders

silencedstatikTue 31-Jul-07 11:32 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#60097, "Hyrieden checked out folks."

Well, I took a break for about nine months and rolled up this dude. First ever druid. Was fun right up until I hit hero range. Having conjurers that nightgaunt you constantly and fly to murder shifters constantly ganging up on you is no fun. Figure I have enough stress at work, not looking for anymore here. Maybe later. Have fun.

Rob

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Hyrieden checked out folks., Godhren (Guest), 02-Aug-07 10:48 PM, #7
Reply So, some goodbyes..., silencedstatik, 01-Aug-07 09:16 AM, #5
Reply Sad to see you gone., Armonk (Guest), 01-Aug-07 09:56 PM, #6
Reply Sorry your first druid experience at hero had to start ..., Linaeren (Guest), 01-Aug-07 08:49 AM, #2
Reply RE: Sorry your first druid experience at hero had to st..., silencedstatik, 01-Aug-07 09:02 AM, #4
Reply RE: Hyrieden checked out folks., Lyristeon, 01-Aug-07 08:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Hyrieden checked out folks., silencedstatik, 01-Aug-07 08:59 AM, #3

Godhren (Guest)Thu 02-Aug-07 10:48 PM

#60159, "RE: Hyrieden checked out folks."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Hyrieden too. You were fun to have around.

There were a few things that made me clutch me eyes as a player and say "oh no!", but Godhren pretty much doesn't care what other characters decide for themselves. Example: Godhren saw you sleeping in the open in a forest near the outlander's refuge after the tribunals successfully raided. These days that pretty much guarantees flyto/murder spam, if not bash or iceball spam; it's tough being an outlander in prime time I considered giving you the 'keep moving to stay alive' speech but you seemed like a chill vet so I figured it wasn't Godhren's place. I regret that now, sounds like it didn't go well

My random suggestion to you is to roll an uncaballed ranger. You'll be able to chill for a long period without much stress, and it's not hard for a ranger to avoid the prime time hero range ganging. You can always get inducted afterwards

Hope to see you soon doing something else in the fields, and on our side (blatant plug)!

silencedstatikWed 01-Aug-07 09:16 AM
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#60112, "So, some goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #0

So after a nine month break (mostly due to WoW), I had the urge to roll something up. Thus was born Hyrieden. I went with Sebeok because I really liked how his religion seemed to fit with the druid class. It was my expectation that interaction would be minimal with him, and I knew he was a busy man with other things. At first it was fine, but the later I got in life, the more I wanted the interaction. But hey, I knew what I was getting into.

I really made a point of 'stopping to smell the roses' along the way, and took my time moving through the ranks. (Something I'm not accustomed to doing) And, I have to say I really enjoyed the character a whole lot more. The class is a really fun class to play, and it seemed to mesh really well with my playing style. That said, from what experience I had I can definately say that druids aren't overpowered.

I do want to say thank you to the majority of the playerbase I interacted with. Only died a handful of times, and four of them were to the same two people (twice each). That said, I never once was full looted. Most enemies even took the time to roleplay with you. That made things even more enjoyable. I have to call you out, Armonk. You sir, were a class act guy. A strong rager not scared to mix it up, but also someone who respected the guy standing on the other side. Good Luck. I read something on a Immortal Survey, and it was in response to the question of what can the playerbase do to make this better or something... The answer was really a simple one. Treat your enemies the way you would want them to treat you. That basically sums up the way Hyrieden was. No mercy, but with respect.

Thanks to all the Imms who labor to make this what it is. Also, thank you to the players. Perhaps I'll see you all very soon.

Rob

Armonk (Guest)Wed 01-Aug-07 09:56 PM

#60143, "Sad to see you gone."
In response to Reply #5

I had some hella good times fighting with you. I know the feeling about bein the underdog. There are a lot of ragers, just my times don't seem to mesh much with the rest of them. On to the other nonsense though...

I'm glad that you enjoyed our fighting as much as I did. I've been doing my best to keep all the nonsense fun for myself and the rest around me. Only down side to that is I die a lot for it . Luck with whatever it that grabs ya man.

Linaeren (Guest)Wed 01-Aug-07 08:49 AM

#60108, "Sorry your first druid experience at hero had to start ..."
In response to Reply #0

Its not quite as bad once you get closer to heroing. But yes, its rough right now and has been for a minute. Hope you get a chance to try the class out again when things aren't so stacked against you. I was looking forward to trying to organize something last night until my internet died on me in a bad place. Good luck with your next.

silencedstatikWed 01-Aug-07 09:02 AM
81 posts
#60111, "RE: Sorry your first druid experience at hero had to st..."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, the eight level gap was probably what made it the hardest with dealing with a lot of it. Being the underdog wasn't really the problem. I liked having a good selection of targets, but I just didn't like them all gunning for the low man on the totem pole all at once. Thanks for the induct, and see you around.

LyristeonWed 01-Aug-07 08:34 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60107, "RE: Hyrieden checked out folks."
In response to Reply #0

Damn, I really liked Hyrieden. I was starting to nudge Sebeok for you too. Being an Outlander is a rough thing right now and kudos goes out to the guys who are really trying. I am trying my best to get these guys some help with the Imp love. Good luck with your next.

silencedstatikWed 01-Aug-07 08:59 AM
81 posts
#60110, "RE: Hyrieden checked out folks."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks. I'm glad you liked Hyrieden. Was never really sure if anyone did or not. But it was 98% fun, so no regrets.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60097 Previous topic | Next topic