Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drovis Da'Tanac the Champion of Anc..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59890
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 17-Jul-07 10:12 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59890, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drovis Da'Tanac the Champion of Ancient Ways, Mageslayer"

Tue Jul 17 22:09:20 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Drovis perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:195

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Heh. Sorry if you hated me, Isspyn (Guest), 18-Jul-07 12:02 PM, #20
Reply you were a tough fight, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 12:41 PM, #21
Reply You were one of my toughest enemies., Izuhlzin (Guest), 18-Jul-07 11:43 AM, #19
Reply a shame. :(, Vhloughvang (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:22 AM, #13
Reply well thats kind of what I was aiming for, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:36 AM, #15
Reply Finally dead, mages rejoice, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 07:58 AM, #7
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, Pissudin (Guest), 18-Jul-07 09:30 AM, #9
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:16 AM, #10
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, Lucury (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:37 AM, #16
Reply Nice Character, Kastellyn, 18-Jul-07 11:40 AM, #18
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, Yean, 18-Jul-07 01:05 PM, #22
Reply our interview was interesting, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 01:35 PM, #25
Reply Hey there!, Xilia (Guest), 18-Jul-07 01:27 PM, #23
Reply if it makes you feel better, I died every single time i..., drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 01:33 PM, #24
Reply Pale arsed git!, Ysaloerye, 18-Jul-07 05:23 PM, #26
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, Sil (Guest), 18-Jul-07 11:47 PM, #27
Reply Enjoyed our tussles in the village., Feiaina (Guest), 19-Jul-07 09:03 AM, #28
Reply RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice, Jun (Guest), 19-Jul-07 01:53 PM, #29
Reply DROVIS FAN CLUB!, Lyriana (Guest), 18-Jul-07 05:10 AM, #6
Reply you were always fun to fight, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:18 AM, #11
Reply Good one, Victoria2 (Guest), 18-Jul-07 01:25 AM, #4
Reply RE: Good one, Bindlehund (Guest), 18-Jul-07 03:51 AM, #5
Reply not much shifters could do but you still fought bravely, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:23 AM, #14
Reply thats why I love villagers, I just love to fight, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:21 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drovis Da'Tanac the Champion of..., Xin (Guest), 17-Jul-07 10:47 PM, #2
Reply That boys and girls is what a battle rager is all about..., Kadsies (Guest), 18-Jul-07 01:10 AM, #3
     Reply RE: That boys and girls is what a battle rager is all a..., ORB, 18-Jul-07 08:48 AM, #8
     Reply thanks these statements mean a lot, drovis (Guest), 18-Jul-07 10:44 AM, #17
Reply Good job. nt, Nivek1, 17-Jul-07 10:35 PM, #1

Isspyn (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 12:02 PM

#59918, "Heh. Sorry if you hated me"
In response to Reply #0

For what its worth, I thought you were everything a rager should be. Both being dark-elves gave our rivalry a unique flavor, even though we didn't have much to say to one another.

I'd say a little more but I'm still alive. Good luck!

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 12:41 PM

#59920, "you were a tough fight"
In response to Reply #20

in a vacume I would say our fights could go either way based mostly on who got first strike and the rng causing bleeding. Unfortunatly I was always fighting bunches of people so we didn't get many true one on one contests. Of course you were honorable in your own way and it was cool having the drow rivalry.

Izuhlzin (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 11:43 AM

#59916, "You were one of my toughest enemies."
In response to Reply #0

I remember young level 11 drovis on the eastern fighting some elf. I decided to weave in on eastern and steal the kill then kill you. I failed in finishing you, however. From that day we started our war path.
I tried to fight you later when you joined the village. It became significantly harder. Between you and Golyhrr I was having a hard time figuring out how to exactly handle you two. A lot of them times when you wanted the fight(when i was posted in voralian) I was clean out of any form of preperations. Usually i'd only run in with you with barrier because I always felt zapping three times takes so much time along with spelling myself up. With the changes of not being able to zap up in duo will make me even lazier to do all three. I guess I didnt utilize that benefit when I had it.

You were just scary considering while prepared to my liking you still did a lot of damage and the driving could quickly turn an easy escape into a more hazerdous risk to think about considering all the melee you caused.

All in all, i tried to find you. At the hero ranks it tended for it to be a lot more one shot kills on you rather than fights.. because well, you always seemed to drive me back on those. See you soon.

Vhloughvang (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:22 AM

#59909, "a shame. :("
In response to Reply #0

You will def be missed

As a char you were a freaking handful. Always out for blood (not always the right blood) but ####it I mean what exactly gives me the right to tell you who to lean into a bit here and there when in fact you have "some" reasons for it hahah its not like I'm the... oh umm yea... hahaha The truth is I feel like I was a little soft on you compaired to the rest of the village but I had my reasons. I am glad you enjoyed the Induction thing, I try to make each induction as non-generic as possiable with the exception of the last part *as we all get cut* and so I am glad that it ment something to you. Its hard as a player not to just cookiecutter then induct situation when there is so many apps and a dire need for villagers (yes this changes up and down). I knew you had alot of blood under your belt and when you told me the other day you were that low I was saddened. that was a ugly raid by the way haha.

I just found that as much as I wanted to wack Drovis for some of the stuff he did, and alot of the stuff he said!! haha I just found my self either agreeing as a player or laughing and finiding a way to make a slap on the wrist type thing about it even though I knew drovis would shrug it off haha. Again, I guess I have that luxury as its battle not Empire or Tribunal.

Glad you had fun, your pressence will be missed and I will see you in the fields Kin.

Commander

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:36 AM

#59912, "well thats kind of what I was aiming for"
In response to Reply #13

a truly chaotic and evil person should have a rough time with organized societies. I find that most evil villagers are just neutrals who can get wrathed. I wanted to really bring out the self serving I don't give a crap about anyone but me attitude. I was surprised by how well I got away with it. I was also secretly hoping you or brink would age die and give me a shot at the rites. would have been interesting to see what happened if I had gotten a leadership role.

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 07:58 AM

#59902, "Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #0

This was a come back character for me of a sorts. I had not played or even really looked at the forumns much since I deleted Zernhop. I still had a sour taste in my mouth about how that character went so I made a role in which I didn't really need to interact with the imms at all. I invented my own patron god, Tanac. Basic jist to the relgion was focused around bringing total destruction to all things. In the first attempt to do this Tanac was betrayed by lloth and imprisoned. So basically the role of drovis as a follower was to avenge the betrayal of his god by killing everything lloth related such as mages.

I decided to play a villager because I have always been a chronic village player and I hadn't played one since throt. I went dark-elf because I wanted to play with hunter's glow which btw is fun fun fun. Went dagger/sword cause I wanted to play a finesse character and legacies were striking to try it out and landslide so I would be able to lag when I needed to at hero.

As for the character of drovis i as a player have a bit of an ego problem that often blends into my chars. Instead of fighting it I made ego the central characteristic of drovis. Basically he was a racist and an elitist, if you weren't drow you were basically nothing. And like anyone with an ego he talked a lot to enhance it.

This egocentric role of course got me in trouble with the village. Being completly self centered and chaotic are just not qualities that fit well in most cabals and I didn't try and hide them. The incident in question I started a raid on empire, killed the defenders then started on the inners. A lower rank villi shows up and I pull out to heal a poison in the village then spot a mage tribby log on. I bee line for the mage and chase him around the spire while the lowbie gets himself killed and gets the rest of the village to help him. After the mage teleports I run back to the empire and as I am entering the throne room the destructor asks if I think I am an army of one and then got the boothammer. Only ended up on the outs for a couple hours though. Though the timing of the lesson I don't think was well done I agree I was pushing the limits of what it means to be in the village, I was surprised I had gotten away with it for so long.

Sorry for rambling on for so long, on to what I guess most people are looking for, the good byes.

Battle

Kastellyn: Thanks for the con quest, The item was very apropriate and if silon hadn't helped me I likely would have con died trying to find it. The interactions were def cool though keep up the good work. just out of curiosity was I at least close to earning one of the battle edges?

Vhlougvhang: Cool induction sequence. I think you asked one question then did the whole fate thing. I kinda wondered if you had read my mind at that point because you nailed exactly what I was thinking. You have been around for a long long time man keep kickin mage butt.

Brinkmun: You are like the village armory, you just always seemed to have extra great gear that you handed out like candy. You were also a good presence as drillmaster and really commanded the respect of the villagers, even drovis.

Golhyrr: My apparent clone, we did scary scary things the few times we got to work together.

Jichii: You made drovis want to stab you a lot, not a cheerful guy or someone who has any respect for foolishness. As a player though I want to say you got a really well done fleshed out character.

Outlander

the druid crew: was always fun harassing the swarms of tribunals and imperials with you guys. For a while I felt though that I was accepting to many herbs but drow hp and regen is teh suck and you happened to be around a lot of my fights.

zekaris: thanks for always telling me where to find folk, sorry I didn't help you hero I was trying to keep my pk range wider cause with drow xp pen it is so small at 51.

xintril: You confused me, I don't get the ins and outs of goodie outie rp yet so thats ok. At first you were aggressive as hell then overnight you just stopped attacking me at all. We could have had more good fights, the first ones I simply got first strike on you.

Fortress

Niheriva: One of the 3 people that I could never find an answer to. The only person I ran like a bitch from almost all the time. Drow vs retribution ehanced elf wrath is just ouchie. Keep on truckin though your a stand up opponent even given your combo restraints.

Lyriana: We had some good ones. I was wondering if by the end you would figure out that all you had to do was spam apocalyptic but you never hit that point. Sorry about sacing your instrument on the mount but i was in desperation ranking to get a train to stave off con death and was just getting waved by everyone in the process.

alatriel: I don't know how but you transmuters gave me nightmares till I hit hero range, I died to you way to much for a villager. You were always fun to talk to though

tribunal:

pissudin: Good fights, those shackles ended up getting me into some pretty icky gankage but at least your proactive about fighting outside the city.

silontario: Thanks for the help in getting the item. Sorry I had to lie but being evil drovis had no qualms with it and I am fairly sure you as a player knew that was coming to. I have a good idea of who you are because of your gearing patterns and I have to say, expand your tactics. Your top notch and one hamstring then legsweep would make monumental differences, especially with villagers who rely on mvs.

Izuhwhatsit: You made life hell in the mid ranks, I made yours less pleasant at hero. You played exactly how I would expect an evil law person to, in a self serving and oppertunistic manner. Well done on making a good transmuter.

scion

Chancelor: lashes = ouch ouch ouch, You were always stand up but you and ravon could consistantly knock off 60-75% of my hp with just lashes so I just tried to do hit and runs as I could.

nexus

xilia: congrats on meter, you were always cheerful and willing to scrap.

well I gotta get back to re-writing papers due to my computer deaths. Some past chars, pintose, flunruk, mike, throt, lexicus, zernhop, jarsharlax, flarkle, wungar, mulshinay, terenvil

Pissudin (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 09:30 AM

#59905, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #7

Well, let me congratulate you for a very tough caracter. I can't say enough how frustrating was fighting you sometimes. Fully prepared and not even being able to land a few hits on you was scarry, expecially after some time of combat when your legacy kicked in.

I really do not know what happened towards the end, but you were tougher as berserker, and i do not know of your reasons to change path, but you probably had a good one.

You also made me learn a few things in the hard way , and must thank you for that.

Good luck on your next.

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:16 AM

#59906, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #9

I went defender because I figured it would expediate my return process to the village based on why I was booted. PLus at the time I was only 4 deaths from con dieing when I lost my hut, I wanted the survivability to finish my con quest. Plus being a defender lets you fight more, just much less deadly when you do.

and well drow have sucky hp but 24 dex with swords gives you great tanking, especially if the shifter is daggered up and the legacy starts enhancing it. Shifters just had a real tough time because they had limited ways to hurt me.

Lucury (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:37 AM

#59913, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #7

Did we ever finish a fight? I know I got my ass kicked a few times and escaped with single-digit hp, and then making it back to the healer before bleeding the next tick. You hit hard.

KastellynWed 18-Jul-07 11:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59915, "Nice Character"
In response to Reply #7

Kastellyn: Thanks for the con quest, The item was very apropriate and if silon hadn't helped me I likely would have con died trying to find it. The interactions were def cool though keep up the good work. just out of curiosity was I at least close to earning one of the battle edges?

There is a pretty thick line between following Village policies to the letter and using Battle powers to further your own personal agenda. Usually folks who try to "get away with" the latter end up getting caught and booted. Then they delete. And it's often hard to tell the difference between these characters, and the characters who are created with the RP intent to deliberately skirt the edges of that line. To me, Drovis was definitely the latter. I would watch some of the shady stuff you did and be ready to pull the trigger, but you always had such good, solid reasons for doing what you did, that I would usually just smile to myself and wave off.

When you did get booted, I was disappointed with your initial response. I mean, come on, you had to know it could come down at any time, for pretty much anything at that point, no matter how small. But I think that was more the player coming through than anything else, and I figured you were tough enough to stick it out. Imagine the look on my face when I log on the next day and start watching you, and you're raiding Nexus with two defenders in range. Who you smoked. Without powers. Granted, they were shifters (which your build is great against), but still, that takes balls - and was exactly what I would have expected Drovis to do. So I had no qualms about bringing you back into the Village at that point, despite you only being gone a short time.

Glad you liked the con quest. Let me tell you, after seven years of this (I think it's been seven years since I Imm'd) it's hard to come up with good con quests. Yours I liked; tough, but not impossible, for a myriad of reasons, and very in keeping with the character. I was going to dole out a Battle edge at that point, but I was already over my alloted time limit and had to depart ASAP, or face the wrath of The Wife, so I figured I'd give it to you next time I saw you. Which I don't think happened...

So anyway, great character, lots of fun to watch. I wish you hadn't burned through so much con so fast (because I would have liked to see you stick around a lot longer), but that's sometimes the price you pay for your playstyle. Impressive list of characters; thank you for bringing that consistent high level of play to the game. Imms and players alike have benefited from you being here.

Now you owe me a two-liner.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

YeanWed 18-Jul-07 01:05 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#59922, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #7

Respects for bouncing back much greater than before. I really enjoyed this char, and his drow-like rp that oozed out of his person and speech..made CB chatter interesting to say the least. I also enjoyed his continuous announcement of dead mages everywhere :p Good job on a really good char!

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 01:35 PM

#59925, "our interview was interesting"
In response to Reply #22

interacting with you was tough. Especially at his younger age he had very little respect for women, and especially for savage elves. He did his best to hide his contempt and still try to impress you. Would be cool if you hero imms had more time to spend with the mortals but someone needs to do the gruntwork of area building.

Xilia (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 01:27 PM

#59923, "Hey there!"
In response to Reply #7

I always enjoyed bleeding to death from those mad dagger skills you had. God, you killed me SO much. Honestly, it's an enormous amount of con loss to refuse to quit or flee during a Cabal attack. But RP is RP.
Awesome job with the character!

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 01:33 PM

#59924, "if it makes you feel better, I died every single time i..."
In response to Reply #23

hunsobo is ouch

YsaloeryeWed 18-Jul-07 05:23 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#59931, "Pale arsed git!"
In response to Reply #7

Man Drovis was ballsy as hell, but as you said your play-style and role took you to the edge at times, just as it did with Throt.
I was the one who dropped the boothammer, sorry the timing was off, I was scrambling to get someone to set your title so everything would be schmoove. By the time it got done you were back in the fray in the Palace and I managed to screw the pooch, not realizing that induct none scrubs any title DOH! I was glad Drovis stuck to it, I was going to consider Vanguards for you if you got the reinductification. But then I figured that getting to switch your village designation to defender was probably enough with a battle edge (unfortunately the edge didn't get given).

Anyway, glad you are 'back'. Looking forward to something totally out of the standard mélange.

Sil (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 11:47 PM

#59936, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, I expected that to be coming, and I don't think you know who I am. Considering, I'm playing what I am actually BAD at playing. But nevertheless if you can try guessing, if its correct, I'll let you know.

Feiaina (Guest)Thu 19-Jul-07 09:03 AM

#59944, "Enjoyed our tussles in the village."
In response to Reply #7

You were an enjoyable char to face, and one who I knew would own me just about all the time... long drawn out fights are usually positives for assassins, but not against you...

Jun (Guest)Thu 19-Jul-07 01:53 PM

#59948, "RE: Finally dead, mages rejoice"
In response to Reply #7

Excellent character. You fought very well. There is a part I added to my characters role that you could have fit in well with, but, considering our standoffish relationship it didn't fit for him to approach you for a lesson. I think I frustrated you a time or two- sorry about it, it happens. Good luck with next.

Lyriana (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 05:10 AM

#59900, "DROVIS FAN CLUB!"
In response to Reply #0

I <3 Drovis!!! Enough said.

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:18 AM

#59907, "you were always fun to fight"
In response to Reply #6

and fun to chat with, sorry my rp skills are pretty ass and I know at points my talk was just annoying and pointless. You don't seem to be around as much and its a pitty cause you do good things for the fort.

Victoria2 (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 01:25 AM

#59894, "Good one"
In response to Reply #0

This character may have done some things from a village point of view that were bad, but from outside, you were an amazingly good villager in my eyes.

You brought it alone, instead of coming in gangs that were not needed. You didn't jump in on other fights (although I was trying to attack you on the Aryth when I was fighting Linaeren, until you shouted that you would leave me to him). You ran when it made sense to, but not like a coward, and you were tough and slippery.

Big props.

Bindlehund (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 03:51 AM

#59898, "RE: Good one"
In response to Reply #4

Ouch, good job man.

AIM: PaulTR88
MSN: Niris88@Hotmail.com

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:23 AM

#59910, "not much shifters could do but you still fought bravely"
In response to Reply #5

I was always amazed at how willing you, xilia, and jenjo were to stand and defend your cabal. Most other cabals would either not show up if we had force or would only make a token effort to defend. You guys always went in tooth and claw and even though you guys suffered losses you still earned my respect for toughing it out.

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:21 AM

#59908, "thats why I love villagers, I just love to fight"
In response to Reply #4

My general philosophy was fight as long as you can and retreat at the last moment. This obviously got me killed a bunch but it paid off as well. Unfortunatly it never worked well against you! You always managed to stay one step ahead and each time I would gain a footing you would just smack me down with lashes. I also want to compliment you on your independence, your honestly the only scion I could expect to run around aggresively despite the odds.

Xin (Guest)Tue 17-Jul-07 10:47 PM

#59892, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drovis Da'Tanac the Champion of..."
In response to Reply #0

You were my idol. If I could have a hut, I would have had it next to yours. At night I might have snuck in and place mithril shavings in your gruel, but I liked Drovis.

Kadsies (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 01:10 AM

#59893, "That boys and girls is what a battle rager is all about..."
In response to Reply #2

If I were to ever play a rager it would pretty much play out like Drovis did. Any one, any where, any time.. BRING IT! Speaking of which maybe its about time I played one. Heh

Much love
Parv

Alatriel/Ukobach

ORBWed 18-Jul-07 08:48 AM
993 posts
#59904, "RE: That boys and girls is what a battle rager is all a..."
In response to Reply #3

There are enough applicants running around already, ugh. Let's roll up some bad ass mages and try to bring Master back!

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

drovis (Guest)Wed 18-Jul-07 10:44 AM

#59914, "thanks these statements mean a lot"
In response to Reply #3

I like to play old school style and its nice to be noticed for it.

Nivek1Tue 17-Jul-07 10:35 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#59891, "Good job. nt"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59890 Previous topic | Next topic