Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Macalla" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59326
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 26-Jun-07 11:00 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59326, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Macalla"

Tue Jun 26 10:58:29 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Whinthron perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:92

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Mac..., Shifter (Guest), 27-Jun-07 02:20 PM, #8
Reply ???, Grysh (Guest), 27-Jun-07 03:35 PM, #9
Reply Short and not-so-sweet!, Grysh (Guest), 26-Jun-07 03:17 PM, #5
Reply Probably was malleability?, Daurwyn (Guest), 26-Jun-07 04:20 PM, #6
Reply like I said below you will be missed, drovis (Guest), 26-Jun-07 05:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: Short and not-so-sweet!, Jun (Guest), 27-Jun-07 07:06 PM, #10
Reply ummm WTF mate ?, Vhloughvang (Guest), 26-Jun-07 02:34 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Mac..., Kastellyn, 26-Jun-07 01:51 PM, #3
Reply Cool char. I had hoped we could hang out a bit more. nt, Throkk (Guest), 26-Jun-07 12:09 PM, #2
Reply why oh why, drovis (Guest), 26-Jun-07 11:30 AM, #1

Shifter (Guest)Wed 27-Jun-07 02:20 PM

#59403, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Mac..."
In response to Reply #0

Full looting jackass.

Grysh (Guest)Wed 27-Jun-07 03:35 PM

#59404, "???"
In response to Reply #8

afraid not. I never had good gear, and i don't recall ever full looting anyone unless it was on eastern road and i sorted through what i needed and returned what I didn't use.

Geez I barely ever even sacced magical stuff excpet potions. Take it easy dude.

Grysh (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 03:17 PM

#59344, "Short and not-so-sweet!"
In response to Reply #0

Hrm... I guess I misread things with Whinthron. In my opinion this was maybe my worst character I've played since I was an utter newbie (and since I was coming off of a 6 month hiatus or something I basically was a newbie all over again).

I never really felt comfortable with my roleplay and I was in utter despair trying to be competent in pk. I didn't like my spec choices or my legacy - edge choices. Anyway, on to a few farewells.

Oh and as far as the new changes, I like almost everything except the evade skill, it seems a bit random and seems to increase the 'luck' factor in pk, which I'm not a fan of, but to each his own. But having transmuter with ABS evading my skills (at least i think it was evade and not their own skillset..) and then being lagged into oblivioun was a bit frustrating.

Ok, enough whining.

Vhloughvang : Thanks for the rather quick induction after my embarassing showing in the duel. You obviously have something great going for you, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Drovis-Golhyrr: Ill bunch you two together though I think you each have unique qualities. I sometimes had to bite my lip at some of the evil stuff that you guys did because I'm so used to playing goodies and neutral leaning towards good ragers that it caught me off guard. Having said that, you are both competent and solid. Drovis too bad your logins seem to be so short, but that's obvious nothing you can control.

Jun : Ah..we ranked up together and I could swear I could recognize the player behind Jun. I bet we used to be old ranking buddies years ago or something. I could tell you got a bit depressed halfway through ranking up, but I hope you stick with it and have some fun at hero ranks.

Brinkmum : You remind me of Acaga and Gerylanst, and that's the biggest compliment I could give a current rager. Top notch on all levels sir.

Enemies : None stand out but most seemed more competent that I seemed to remember (my pk skills were ruuuusty), mainly because I couldn't hold my own long enough to create any great rivalries.

Seems like there's a lot of quality characters at hero, and it looks like a lot of fun.

I can't seem to play this game consistently without overdoing it (i.e. having 6 hours session that utterly ruin what could've been a productive day :p )

Ok, signing out.

Gryshilniar and lots of others. (Icthaen on dio's).

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 04:20 PM

#59348, "Probably was malleability?"
In response to Reply #5

Transmuters have a spell that lets them dodge skills, and if they are using abs they will normally be using this spell as well.

When they don't have abs they are more likely to be using dam redux spells that cannot be used with malleability.

drovis (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 05:20 PM

#59355, "like I said below you will be missed"
In response to Reply #5

wood-elf warriors are not that common and I think you did a very good job with it. Also in your defense golhyrr is just a monster with dagger tactics and at the time you both could have lost the duel with a single 3 hit underhand, he was just quicker to pick up on that.

I agree evade does throw some luck into the mix but its works for you better then them theoretically. But I agree it makes fighting some mobs a much bigger pain in the arse and its disheartening when transmuters do it, but whatev just means they will be more likely to mix it up instead of hide in a guild.

I am glad you picked up on the evil lean of my rp. I have played a lot of villagers and my biggest complaint about the cabal is that it tends to make everyone neutral and I am trying hard to maintain a definitive evil role within the rules and society of the village.

I urge you to try another villager but try something with more survivablity, basically anything other then gnome, elf, drow, and wood-elf. Give you something with a harder to hit vuln and a bit more hp so you don't have to worry about that one evade as much.

and I do have a lot of short logins cause I am fairly busy. When I get 30 or more spare minutes I tend to use it to play but that ends up like 30 minutes loged on 15 off then 30 on again.

Jun (Guest)Wed 27-Jun-07 07:06 PM

#59414, "RE: Short and not-so-sweet!"
In response to Reply #5

I am quite bummed about you deleting. I hadn't seen you in a few days so I decided to look on the graveyard and here you are. Now I have one less person to rank with. I understand 100% where you are coming from on a several of your comments. Everything from overdoing the playing to having a character that just doesn't work out the way you had planned (not necessarily this one, but past characters of mine). I hope you think up a good idea soon and roll another up!

Vhloughvang (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 02:34 PM

#59340, "ummm WTF mate ?"
In response to Reply #0

whats this all about ?

kinda pisses me off, less then 100 hours and so much potential.
I hope you have RL reasons or I am just bleh with this char, or rather with the player.

Feh!

KastellynTue 26-Jun-07 01:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59334, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Whinthron the Student of the Mac..."
In response to Reply #0

You had a pretty good style from what I saw. Good luck with the next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Throkk (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 12:09 PM

#59330, "Cool char. I had hoped we could hang out a bit more. nt"
In response to Reply #0

t

drovis (Guest)Tue 26-Jun-07 11:30 AM

#59327, "why oh why"
In response to Reply #0

There was so much fun to be had, I am gonna miss your patches and presence. peace out savage.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59326 Previous topic | Next topic