Subject: "(Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58806
Show all folders

RogueSat 09-Jun-07 09:22 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#58806, "(Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"

This character was yet, Another ranger. Lots of fun, honestly, a #### load of fun.

I didn't do anything new with this character really, just stuck to what I knew, and did what I enjoyed. Won't have much time for a serious character here in the next few days with RL things I don't need to get into but, lots of fun.

Special thanks to Lyristeon, I can always count on you to justify and enjoy the type of playstyle that I find the most enjoyment in.

Uzakar/Grftyzar for ranking me, without you'd two I don't think I would have ever neared hero, Haenr too, (even though I killed you twice, but Trest hated gnomes ~ )

I got the pbf, and I think my role explains a lot of my actions, enemy or friend.

Uzakar was probably the ONLY character I had the slightest trust in IC, being we had ranked up together since the teens, good all around.

Enemies? Well, everyone was an enemy, so, fun stuff.

Sitting on 8 con, and half-assed playing last week or so because of a new job, I was just destroying this character and time to call it quits. Thanks again everyone, and apologies to that Imm that I just had fix a broken skill recently since I deleted anyhow (Reminder, you owe Valg that groin kick *wink wink*)

Thx again.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Lyristeon, 07-Jun-07 10:32 AM, #23
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 04:43 PM, #12
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Zekaris (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:59 PM, #17
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Rogue, 07-Jun-07 09:23 PM, #18
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, haenr (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:54 PM, #16
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Rogue, 07-Jun-07 09:27 PM, #19
     Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, haenr (Guest), 08-Jun-07 06:01 PM, #22
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Conjurer (Guest), 07-Jun-07 07:51 PM, #14
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:39 PM, #15
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Xin (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:43 AM, #8
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 04:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Uzakar (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:13 AM, #7
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 04:40 PM, #10
Reply RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds, Daevryn, 06-Jun-07 11:13 PM, #2
Reply Thanks, seriously, Rogue, 06-Jun-07 11:27 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, Daurwyn (Guest), 07-Jun-07 03:28 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, ORB, 07-Jun-07 07:42 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 04:34 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, ORB, 07-Jun-07 07:05 PM, #13
                    Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, Trest (Guest), 07-Jun-07 08:37 PM, #21
                         Reply RE: Thanks, seriously, ORB, 07-Jun-07 11:56 PM, #20
Reply Yeah., Svirf Ranger (Guest), 06-Jun-07 11:10 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Yeah., Rogue, 06-Jun-07 11:31 PM, #4

LyristeonSat 09-Jun-07 09:22 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58829, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Patience. I think that was the only thing that Trestadine lacked. It was cool that you had so many enemies, but, if you wanted to last, I think you could have picked some of your fights better. My religion, more often than not, is a crash and burn religion, so there is no wrong way to do it as long as you are doing it. Keep them coming.

Trest (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 04:43 PM

#58845, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #23

Impulsive actions are the absolute BANE of my characters. It is so hard for me to stop and think what I am going to do before I do it.

I believe I excercised this a lot more with Trest than I normally do, prepping more often but.. MAN did I walk into some oncoming trucks...so many times.

On that same note, that's why I love your religion so much, there's just nothing more of a rush and I had a blast. You can bet your blue ass youll see more of me in the future!

Thanks for the loving

Zekaris (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 08:59 PM

#58859, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

This is what happens when solo hunters should spend more time together. I think this is why I like evil outlanders. It is really a loner pick and playing styles that are effective one on one don't always work when there are two or more. Sure, there were quite a few we dropped, but, if we had hung out and hunted we probably would have dropped even more. I liked Trestadine and knowing who played him now, (I never try to figure that stuff out), I can see why we were able to mesh sometimes and be on completely different pages on others. All in all, a very solid character that always made me happy when you were around. Good luck with your next.

RogueThu 07-Jun-07 09:23 PM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#58863, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #17

Man, I really wanted to get nightreaver this go-around. I ####in hated you IC, but tried to respect the position, and yeah, when we worked together, we could seriously make things happen but, my religon and both being evil outties... Things just don't work out that way.

I really liked our alliance though, and I tried to help you rank a little bit more before I deleted out, knowing how hard it is to rank evil outties.

Learn from me, and work that patience stick, you can go a long way. Step it up just one more notch, and you can make some serious impact.

Good luck man.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

haenr (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 08:54 PM

#58856, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I hated you with a passion. both times you killed me i could have easily gotten away, but i was being stupid and stayed. The fight with uzakar you came in when i was hurt and asked what you were doing, i could have teleported away, as in the mount i could have worded home. I hated you ic and ooc for a long time, but after we kind of put our differences aside i kinda liked you alittle bit, and was always waiting for the time you would turn on me again! I learned alot, and enjoyed our little hunting trips together! see you in the fields!

RogueThu 07-Jun-07 09:27 PM
718 posts
#58864, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #16

Sweet gnomey Haenr.

When we first crossed paths I was trying to make my fame among outlanders, and being I wanted to be in that ranking group, I thought it'd be good props for me to show some alpha male, and I went after you with extreme prejudice. The second go we had, you probably could have dropped me had you chased, and should have realised I was going to be Right back after a few ticks. Nothing OOC against you, but IC Trestadine hated gnomes. After dropping you twice, both oppurtunistic kills, (Going at it straight up might have been a lot different, hence why I didnt) I decided to go diplomatic just to keep you off my ass.

I appreciate greatly your ranking an gathering help, it made a big difference, and shame IC we had to mesh harshly, but that was just my roleplay with you.

I like ya. I would charge you now to try to take a more active role among outlanders, and rather fall into place, make one for yourself. You've got a lot going for you, and I would like to see that pan out successfully.

Good luck man.

haenr (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-07 06:01 PM

#58905, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #19

thanks for the advice, and i am not trying to let my newbieness shine through to much

Conjurer (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 07:51 PM

#58849, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

You and Uzakar asked me to group and to meet in the Grove. You them both jumped me. Lameo. Lost all respect for the character after that. That kind of behaviour belongs in the mid to late '90s.

Trest (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 08:39 PM

#58853, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #14

Oh yeah? What character? I honestly think your just starting a troll.

Past that...

PSSSSTTTT... I got a secret for you..

Evil characters "lie" time to time. Who'da thought??

Xin (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 08:43 AM

#58826, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I reallly liked Trestadine's quiet menace. You were always on the hunt, and it is that kind of character that helps make Outlander work. GLWYN.

Trest (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 04:41 PM

#58844, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #8

Nice, thanks dude.

I liked you, a lot really. But.. YOUR AN ELF!! Ewwwww!

Was fun taunting at you and making my snide little comments with you, and the rare chances we got the fight together, very rare.

Thanks for the compliment.

Uzakar (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 08:13 AM

#58825, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Thought this might happen, but was hoping not. You'll be missed. This character made me laugh all the time, and I enjoyed Trestadine very much. From when we ranked up (and more than one character asking me to 'quit helping you') to you giving the Sunwarden a hard time. I just really loved the fact that you never knew when Trestadine was going to bite someone, but it would happen.

It was a fun ride. Looking forward to your next.

Trest (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 04:40 PM

#58843, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks dude. I really tried to be unpredictable, and unexplainable with a lot of my actions, and at the same time create entertainment, especially for allies.

We had a blast, I think. Stay cool bro

DaevrynWed 06-Jun-07 11:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58810, "RE: (Human)51 Trestadine, Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I really have nothing bad to say about this character, though I'm sure I won't be the first or last person to say that it was really obvious to me that this was you.

Which was a little surprising actually, because I normally can't pick you out too easily.

Seemed like you weren't too shy about getting in there and mixing it up. Overall I think the game's better for having had a Trestadine running around.

RogueWed 06-Jun-07 11:27 PM
718 posts
#58811, "Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #2

Far as getting picked out of a crowd... Ive come to terms with that, and really could care less if someone in game makes Rogue references to me or not, it just inflates my ego, and fame. Shrug.

""Seemed like you weren't too shy about getting in there and mixing it up. Overall I think the game's better for having had a Trestadine running around.""

This makes me feel good, I try to add to the game as a certain type of character in the game, if anything, the guy you need to watch out for. I might not be the best, but I am certainly not the worst, and I believe many a players will learn a great deal about this game after meeting me, be it on a friendly or oppositional side.

Thanks for your words, and for all the work that's made this place what it is today.

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 03:28 AM

#58816, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #3

On the other hand, making it apparent who you are makes it reasonably easy to predict what you will do, and that in turn makes you easy to handle.

Also, being known isn't necessarily something that should boost your ego. For example, if you are known as the guy that ganks level 11 magi 5 v 1 and then sacs all their stuff before going ooc to mock them, it isn't something to be proud of.

Not everything you are known for is something to be proud of. Considering that you are basically sound in pk (not all the time though, because you didn't cover yourself in glory when we met -- I think you were the ranger I considered least dangerous of those I was enemies with), I think you could make some amazing characters if you took on board some of the stuff people say on the forums. e.g. About the way in which you use tell.

I also wondered if you had another character that was a bard. Guess I'll have to wait to find that out.

ORBThu 07-Jun-07 07:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58824, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #3

I've never had any problems with you that I know of. However why would being known as a jerkoff who likes to talk #### then hide/noreply like a 10 year old be something that inflates your ego. Not trying to start a flame war, but that is seriously what you are known for and takes away credablity from most of your characters.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Trest (Guest)Thu 07-Jun-07 04:34 PM

#58842, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #6

Known for it? I agree I am constantly accused of it, all the time, by the same people, and I find it kind of amusing at the mentality and maturity levels of the same people that do it.

So with that, if you are just going to echo the same handful of haters without offering some type of formal response regarding a character to character interaction, then I would suggest not to mock yourself by being a follower on the forums.

ORBThu 07-Jun-07 07:05 PM
993 posts
#58847, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #9

Lol, mock myself? All I'm saying is you are bragging about having a reputation, and I'm just pointing out it's a bad reputation. It's like Paris bragging about being known as a slut.

As far as character to character, the only time I really saw this one in action he was harassing my lowbie party with trepidation for 20 minutes on the battlefield and not responding to us trying to speak with him. So it fits your rep.

makes us stronger.

Trest (Guest)Fri 08-Jun-07 07:51 AM

#58852, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #13

Pretty much exactly like I said.

You are accusing me of something that you have no idea first hand of, and merely are echoeing the lower-echelon of the playerbase.

Trepidating defilers... Obviously I have nothing to say to you but cause trouble, which was dead-on with my roleplay and character type.

Sucks to be on the #### end of the stick for some people, but that doesn't justify attacking me as the player, for points that have and have had, nothing in the slightest, to do with you.

Next time you want to make accusations, base them more on first hand knowledge rather than hear-say of your forum gossip buddies.

ORBThu 07-Jun-07 11:56 PM
993 posts
#58877, "RE: Thanks, seriously"
In response to Reply #21

Ok you didn't understand what I was trying to say at all.

R.I.F.

makes us stronger.

Svirf Ranger (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-07 11:10 PM

#58809, "Yeah."
In response to Reply #0

I pegged you early on.

You really have a homogonized playing style and I made a sly reference to you about it.

Regreted it and deleted.

RogueWed 06-Jun-07 11:31 PM
718 posts
#58812, "RE: Yeah."
In response to Reply #1

Don't know who you are, and to be honest, other than cabal mates, Every ranger in PK quit out as soon as I would log in, every session.

So, not sure where this comment stems from, but... Welcome to the club.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58806 Previous topic | Next topic